Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16098 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#8815 Mar 7, 2013
And now time for a word from our sponsors ...

" ... ran into the fire ... "
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#8816 Mar 7, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
well .. this is what happens when you think you have two mouths and one ear .. and are biblically illiterate ... par-for-the-course
. You have every right to believe as you want......but you still can't allow others to believe differently than you. Wonder why?

well .. this is what happens when you think you have two mouths and one ear .. and are biblically illiterate ... par-for-the-course

What does being "biblically illiterate" have to do with allowing others to believe differently? This IS America after all.
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#8817 Mar 7, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
And the reason for the condemnation?
If you include the verses before and after that little ditty, you'll not that the people rewarded and condemned were UNAWARE of the criteria being used. In simple terms, they were selected and rejected NOT upon what they believed but upon their heartfelt compassion for their fellow humans ... or their lack thereof.
No belief necessary, especially not in a collection of writings, and NOT out of an hope of reward nor fear of punishment.
Amen.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#8818 Mar 7, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
It never ends without Christian salvation. It goes on and on and on and gets worse and worse forever.
And once AGAIN, I will show the world what a liar you are:

Jeremiah 3:12
Go and proclaim these words toward the north, and say, Return, thou backsliding Israel, saith the LORD; [and] I will not cause mine anger to fall upon you: for I [am] merciful, saith the LORD,[and] I will not keep [anger] for ever.

"Go and proclaim these words toward the north, and say:'Return, backsliding Israel,' says the LORD; 'I will not cause My anger to fall on you. For I am merciful,' says the LORD; 'I will not remain angry forever.

Therefore, go and give this message to Israel.* This is what the LORD says: "O Israel, my faithless people, come home to me again, for I am merciful. I will not be angry with you forever.
Footnote:
* Hebrew toward the north.

Go, proclaim this message toward the north:“&#8201;‘Return, faithless Israel,’ declares the LORD,‘I will frown on you no longer, for I am faithful,’ declares the LORD,‘I will not be angry forever.

Go, and proclaim these words toward the north, and say, "'Return, faithless Israel, declares the LORD. I will not look on you in anger, for I am merciful, declares the LORD; I will not be angry forever.

Ve y clama estas palabras hacia el norte, y di: Vuélvete, oh rebelde Israel, dice Jehová; no haré caer mi ira sobre ti, porque misericordioso soy yo, dice Jehová, no guardaré para siempre el enojo.

"Go and proclaim these words toward the north and say,'Return, faithless Israel,' declares the LORD; 'I will not *look upon you in anger. For I am gracious,' declares the LORD; 'I will not be angry forever.

Go, and proclaim these words toward the north, and say,'Return, faithless Israel, says the LORD. I will not look on you in anger, for I am merciful, says the LORD; I will not be angry for ever.

Go, and proclaim these words toward the north, and say, Return, thou backsliding Israel, saith Jehovah; I will not look in anger upon you; for I am merciful, saith Jehovah, I will not keep [anger] for ever.

Go, and thou hast proclaimed these words toward the north, and hast said, Turn back, O backsliding Israel, An affirmation of Jehovah! I cause not Mine anger to fall upon you, For I [am] kind, an affirmation of Jehovah, I watch not to the age.

Go and proclaim these words toward the north, and say, Return, thou backsliding Israel, saith Jehovah: I will not make my face dark upon you; for I am merciful, saith Jehovah; I will not keep [anger] for ever.

Go and proclaim these words towards the north, and say, Return, thou backsliding Israel, saith the LORD; [and] I will not cause my anger to fall upon you: for I [am] merciful, saith the LORD,[and] I will not keep [anger] for ever.

Go, and proclaim these words toward the north, and say, Return, you backsliding Yisra'el, says the LORD; I will not look in anger on you; for I am merciful, says the LORD, I will not keep [anger] forever.

vade et clama sermones istos contra aquilonem et dices revertere aversatrix Israhel ait Dominus et non avertam faciem meam a vobis quia sanctus ego sum dicit Dominus et non irascar in perpetuum

~~~~~

There you have it, in 14 different versions. What part of "non irascar in perpetuum" do you not understand?

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#8819 Mar 7, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
I'm a Jew. Me and Jesus are family. Am I in or out?
being Jewish cannot save you .. you must be born again .. http://www.gty.org/MediaPlayer/sermons/43-11

to the Jew: take off Moses and put on Christ

to the Gentile: put on Christ

#8820 Mar 7, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>I still don't get why god hates homosexulas.
He doesn't. He hates christians, though. They pervert the clear meaning of His Scripture to invent reasons to worship a false god.

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#8821 Mar 7, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
I'm not rejecting his salvation, I'm rejecting you.
If you reject the Biblical Jesus .. you are rejecting his salvation ... if you reject me .. no skin off my nose

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#8822 Mar 7, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not since you reject God's word.
No I don't. There is no intact copy of it here on Earth.

I reject using second-rate copies as if they are the intact original.

So should you, if you really care what God wants.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#8823 Mar 7, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
"The northern Kingdom of Israel, as well as Philistine city-states, fell in 722 BCE,"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel#History
...and? That's not an original bible.

#8824 Mar 7, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Without His Blood there is no salvation.
"the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin"
1 John 1:7 (NKJV)
7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
In EVERYTHING that you post, the Bible proves that you are a liar...

Psalm 18:2 Yahweh [is] my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation,[and] my high tower.

NOT Jesus, Yahweh. If you doubt, go read it for your self in the proper Hebrew...

Fort Lauderdale FL

#8825 Mar 7, 2013
His-truth wrote:
until you do a little Bible research .. you should stay off the subject
look who's talking!!

#8826 Mar 7, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought Mary picked Paul......or was that Peter? or was it Peter who picked Paul? Maybe it was Peter who picked Mary over Paul.....I think they made an excellent trio:-)
Which Mary? Jesus's mother, or his wife? Or a different Mary altogether?

#8828 Mar 7, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus:.. Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect .. Matthew 5:48
no ... it's WHY he had to die ... period
sorry to see you reject his salvation
Jesus had to die because he pissed off the Romans. That is the only reason. "His" salvation was the same as the salvation of Isaiah, or Jeremiah, or Moses of Abraham: accepting the laws of the Covenant.

#8829 Mar 7, 2013
His-truth wrote:
until you do a little Bible research .. you should stay off the subject
LOL, then we'd NEVER hear anything from the xians!

#8830 Mar 7, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
It's why he had to die??????????
What is with you barbarians and your human sacrifice fetish? Did they throw Mary into a volcano, too?
Naw, they tossed her into the fires for Baal.

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#8831 Mar 7, 2013
Tony C wrote:
No I don't. There is no intact copy of it here on Earth ... I reject using second-rate copies as if they are the intact original .. So should you, if you really care what God wants.
excuses .. excuses .. excuses

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#8832 Mar 7, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
being Jewish cannot save you .. you must be born again .. http://www.gty.org/MediaPlayer/sermons/43-11
to the Jew: take off Moses and put on Christ
to the Gentile: put on Christ
There's that diaspora pseudeponymous tract, "John" again.

Pretty, but not sound.

You're still off-topic, btw.

“It's not a Joke~”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#8833 Mar 7, 2013
RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
My eyesight is poor, I do my best, and I certainly cut other people slack for the same thing with full understanding
I apologize to you.... I am sorry.

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#8834 Mar 7, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
I seriously doubt Jesus asked us to be PERFECT our entire lives......otherwise Jesus died for nothing!!!
He sure didn't , he knew we where screw ups from the get go
Thinking

Winsford, UK

#8835 Mar 7, 2013
Define, in this context, perfect.
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus:.. Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect .. Matthew 5:48
no ... it's WHY he had to die ... period
sorry to see you reject his salvation

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 19 min _KENTUCKY_ 6,057
News 1 step forward, 2 steps back for LBGT rights in... 2 hr Roy 1
News Taiwan court legalizes gay marriage in historic... Wed The Wheeze of Trump 5
News New mayor supports young people Wed not all eh 1
News Taiwan to make landmark gay marriage ruling Tue Mitts Gold Plated... 1
News 'He did it to himself': Anthony Weiner faces pr... May 22 overlord 1
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) May 21 Truth to Power 31,985
More from around the web