Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16097 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#8727 Mar 7, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you trying to convince me? What do you have to offer? Nothing.
I have no reason to convince you of anything. I was refuting your nonsense with truth.

I have no reason to offer you anything. But what I have is true faith. You don't even understand what that means.

You think you can read something and proclaim yourself something. It's not that easy. You have to stop being lazy and do the work. Maybe God will finally open your eyes.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#8728 Mar 7, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Laci has a comprehension problem and doesn't understand God's message......she idolizes a book that was written by mere mortal men and hasn't figured it out that she is sending the book to heaven before her.
Biblical scholar I'm not, and am not a christian except in universal terms. My partner is very devout and goes to a Congregational church that has an open and loving policy towards gays and lesbians. I used to have a better and hard-core attitude toward christians as the bulk of my life's relationship with them were people with whom religion was just another weapon in their arsenal whose only pupose was to impose a ranking system with them on top, it had NOTHING to do with sprituality. I see Sonja, not only the depth of her faith and commitment but the person her faith inspired her to be. And the Congregational Church was my first exposure to christians who actually turned their swords into plowshares. Jesus loves them, their gratitude inspires them to emulate that in service to the world. So here are people, including my lesbian partner, supposed strangers and enemies of God being faithful servants and stewards out of the love for god and his creation, then I see the so-called "rightious saved" in their arrogance and hatred, showcasing their piety, constantly declaring to the world how wonderful they are in comparison to you, and who bully and step on others as a form of religious recreation and feel fully vindicated of the hateful heart that motivates it-in the end, whose faith is REALLY true, and whose faith will REALLY berewarded?

Fort Lauderdale FL

#8729 Mar 7, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Your proof? None obviously.
LOL! Says the person with no proof of anything.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#8730 Mar 7, 2013
His-truth wrote:
No book can even come close to the awesomeness of the Bible ... none whatsoever ... ever
A Closer Look at the Word of God .. The Bible says of itself,“The Word of God is living and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword.” It is vital to the Christian that we know beyond doubt that God’s Word is both valid and authoritative. This study guide will lead you to solid conclusions in that regard ... http://bobgeorge.net/teaching/closer-look/wor... .. continue
...because you need study guides.

Show me the original bible.

Location hidden

#8731 Mar 7, 2013
..."bitter and hard-core"...

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#8732 Mar 7, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>Just cause you "think" you can change God.......does not mean you can change me,lol.
You need to let God change you. The first step is to understand that you may not always have the correct answers, and allow others the same grace that God does to find their path in life.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#8733 Mar 7, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>God is not the author of confusion........we know! We are not confused.......you are.
You try to change the God of Heaven to condone your life choices. God is the same yesterday, today and forever.
He will not change for you.... He will change you, if you allow Him to.
LOL!

Fort Lauderdale FL

#8734 Mar 7, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Should we believe you or the Bible? I'll stick with the Bible.
"God gave them up"
Which bible? Show me the original.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#8735 Mar 7, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to let God change you. The first step is to understand that you may not always have the correct answers, and allow others the same grace that God does to find their path in life.
Exactly! The idea that the arrogance these people display in any way represents God is just mind-blowing.

Location hidden

#8738 Mar 7, 2013
FundiMENTALslayer wrote:
<quoted text>Ruby, Its SO obvious but the fundies are too stupid to see it!
By grace you are saved by faith and not by works, lest any man should boast-ironic then, this litmus test being imposed as the qualifier

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#8739 Mar 7, 2013
Wade wrote:
<quoted text>The claims of IQ versus religion are fiction. In reality, a college graduate is MUCH more likely to attend church that you uneducated people. Google it!
well, you have your reality which you are free to hold on to, and we also have the reality that simple research shows us is true:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm...

This of course is just one site chosen at random describing the many studies that contradict your reality.

Doing a quick goggle search on the phrase "fundamentalism and IQ" I got About 2,050,000 results.

Of course some of these results are in agreement with the statement made and some are not.

But the graphs with verifiable numbers are consistent in plotting averages showing the differences in level of intelligence of the average person and it's correlation with the intelligence of those who join primitive fundamentalist cults.

But it takes intelligence to understand the graphs. And of course these graphs are dependent on averages for which there will always be exceptions to the rule that fundamentalists will be quick to jump on to defend their believe systems.

Even the differences of opinion found in this quick search can help us see how opinions are formed based on the intelligence and knowledge available to the one making the spiritual choice.

So fundamentalists and their hateful defense of their belief system also confirms the level of intelligence of the ones defending the primitive belief system thinking that ad hominem attacks are a valid argument. This evidence that can be found here on topix is in addition to easily confirmed statistics.

This does not mean an intelligent person can't have a spiritual foundation. It simply indicates one of the factors that tends to make some people gravitate towards primitive belief systems and their simplistic answers for everything rather than explore the nature of reality for themselves in arriving at their understanding of what is.

Actually unconditional LOVE is the ultimate intelligence and can be confirmed to be so by introspection on the nature of reality.

And this is yet another indicator of the low level of intelligence of the fundamentalists, some who have gone to the extreme of creating websites that claim that the unconditional LOVE that is GOD according to the teachings of the historical Jesus is really from Satan.(This Satan of false Christianity coming from a primitive grasp of reality based on ancient myths of a god of good and a god of evil is not the same Satan that can be found in the Hebrew Scriptures that teach of only one GOD.)

GOD is LOVE. WE are ALL ONE WITH GOD, even the unloving!

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#8740 Mar 7, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
This from another bible worshiper who follows man's word......but not God's!!!
I'll ask you again .. how do you find God's message .. details dear .. details

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#8741 Mar 7, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll ask you again .. how do you find God's message .. details dear .. details
Catechism of the Catholic Church

PART THREE
LIFE IN CHRIST

SECTION ONE
MAN'S VOCATION LIFE IN THE SPIRIT

CHAPTER ONE
THE DIGNITY OF THE HUMAN PERSON

ARTICLE 6
MORAL CONSCIENCE

1776 "Deep within his conscience man discovers a law which he has not laid upon himself but which he must obey. Its voice, ever calling him to love and to do what is good and to avoid evil, sounds in his heart at the right moment.... For man has in his heart a law inscribed by God.... His conscience is man's most secret core and his sanctuary. There he is alone with God whose voice echoes in his depths."47

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#8742 Mar 7, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
And that's why Satan's children are here attacking what God said. They are obsessed with hatred for God's word. They keep trying to change it, rather than changing themselves.
Well since your definition of Satan is based on a pagan myth and shares no similarity with the Satan of the Hebrew scriptures, we can only conclude that the only children of this pagan god of evil are those like yourself that consider this graven image to be real.

Why not let go of the false god you have mistakenly identified as your parent, that can easily be confirmed as such, and embrace the true GOD of the historical Jesus that you reject as the child of Satan that you have revealed yourself to be?

You probably have missed the many statements of faith made by those you attack in your defense of your imaginary Satan and his imaginary hot spot.]

We all need to get informed as to the evil nature of the Roman hoax of Christianity and it's many derivatives that deny the Jewish GOD and the Jewish Jesus and get involved in restoring true Christianity based on the OMNIPRESENT GOD of Israel to humanity that is even now being found to be in accord with the latest scientific findings concerning the nature of the Cosmos!

GOD is LOVE. WE are ALL ONE WITH GOD, even the unloving!

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#8743 Mar 7, 2013
[QUOTE who="NettiebelleCatechism of the Catholic Church
PART THREELIFE IN CHRISTSECTION ONEMAN'S VOCATION LIFE IN THE SPIRITCHAPTER ONETHE DIGNITY OF THE HUMAN PERSONARTICLE 6
MORAL CONSCIENCE1776 "Deep within his conscience man discovers a law which he has not laid upon himself but which he must obey. Its voice, ever calling him to love and to do what is good and to avoid evil, sounds in his heart at the right moment.... For man has in his heart a law inscribed by God.... His conscience is man's most secret core and his sanctuary. There he is alone with God whose voice echoes in his depths."47 [/QUOTE]

no ... I asking NorCal Native .. not you
This from another bible worshiper who follows man's word......but not God's!!!

I'll ask you again [NorCal Native].. how do you find God's message

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#8744 Mar 7, 2013
........ calling NorCal Native

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#8745 Mar 7, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
no ... I asking NorCal Native .. not you
<quoted text>
What I posted applies to everyone, no matter what faith they follow.

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#8746 Mar 7, 2013
you are so full of yourself ??

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#8747 Mar 7, 2013
His-truth wrote:
you are so full of yourself ??
Just posting to one who thinks he is.

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#8748 Mar 7, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doria Ragland and her daughter Meghan Markle 3 hr Satan 21
News Al Sharpton: Royal Wedding Shows 'Last Breath' ... 5 hr Draft dodger 190
News For Some African-Americans, Meghan Markle Is Ca... 10 hr Blacks are inferior 7
News 'The blackest moment in global pop culture sinc... 11 hr GeezAlready 3
News Gay Kentucky man loses bid to challenge GOP cle... Wed Used to be a Demo... 10
News African-Americans hail royal wedding's nod to b... Wed Lori899 8
News Guess who's coming to Windsor? Royal ceremony w... Wed Stormy days ahead 8