Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,104

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Full Story
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#8645 Mar 6, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexual "mARRIAGE" ??.. why just limit it to two whatevers .. what the heck .. let's do "OpEn-mARRIAGE" .. invite two or three more participants to this new twisted definition of "mARRIAGE" ... love is love .. right ?.. the more the mArRiAgEr .. right ??... fairness / logic and reason would only dictate ... right ????... I mean .. once the frame is twisted ... why would you care what shape it is ........ FREAK !!
The ol' slippery slope fallacy, how exciting..... and you have the nerve to claim logic. LMFAO@you
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#8647 Mar 6, 2013
Just as well.
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not here to impress you.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#8648 Mar 6, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not here to impress you.
Honey, there is no danger of that happening. Ever.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#8649 Mar 6, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
Prov. 3:21 My son, preserve sound judgment and discernment, do not let them out of your sight;
John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
Jer. 22:3 Thus saith the LORD; Execute ye judgment and righteousness...
Phil. 1:10 so that you may be able to discern [judge] what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ...
Proverbs, John and Philemon are not prophetic utterence.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#8651 Mar 6, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what Saul thought. He also thought that even though Yeshua is recorded as saying "call no one 'father'" that it was right for his own followers to call him "father".
Not an isolated instance of his heresies.
I see no reason to believe anything you have to say.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#8652 Mar 6, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
I've got my Purim ratchets all ready for all these Hamans around here.
Profess complete ignorance...what is "Purim", who are "Hamans"?

“Watching for Wolves~”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#8653 Mar 6, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
PAUL SAID, "God is not the author of confusion," (I Corinthians 14:33), yet never has a book produced more confusion than the bible! There are hundreds of denominations and sects, all using the "inspired Scriptures" to prove their conflicting doctrines.
Why do trained theologians differ? Why do educated translators disagree over Greek and Hebrew meanings? Why all the confusion? Shouldn't a document that was "divinely inspired" by an omniscient and omnipotent deity be as clear as possible?
"If the trumpet give an uncertain sound," Paul wrote in I Corinthians 14:8, "who shall prepare himself to the battle? So likewise ye, except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be understood, how shall it be known what is spoken? for ye shall speak into the air." Exactly! Paul should have practiced what he preached. For almost two millennia, the bible has been producing a most "uncertain sound."
The problem is not with human limitations, as some claim. The problem is the bible itself. People who are free of theological bias notice that the bible contains hundreds of discrepancies. Should it surprise us when such a literary and moral mish-mash, taken seriously, causes so much discord? Here is a brief sampling of biblical contradictions.
http://ffrf.org/legacy/books/lfif/...
A Pastor who has seen the truth and is not ashamed to show it!!
God is not the author of confusion........we know! We are not confused.......you are.
You try to change the God of Heaven to condone your life choices. God is the same yesterday, today and forever.
He will not change for you.... He will change you, if you allow Him to.

“Watching for Wolves~”

Location hidden

#8655 Mar 6, 2013
His-truth wrote:
No book can even come close to the awesomeness of the Bible ... none whatsoever ... ever
A Closer Look at the Word of God .. The Bible says of itself,“The Word of God is living and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword.” It is vital to the Christian that we know beyond doubt that God’s Word is both valid and authoritative. This study guide will lead you to solid conclusions in that regard ... http://bobgeorge.net/teaching/closer-look/wor... .. continue
You got that right.

Location hidden

#8656 Mar 6, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess it's easier to create your own God to please yourself than repent and be saved by the God of the Bible. Jesus of the Bible is the ONLY way to salvation.
"He is the STONE WHICH WAS REJECTED by you"
Acts 4:10-12 (NASB)
10 let it be known to all of you and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead—by this name this man stands here before you in good health. 11 "He is the STONE WHICH WAS REJECTED by you, THE BUILDERS, but WHICH BECAME THE CHIEF CORNER stone. 12 "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved."
It is interesting that you selected two Saulian tracts to support your fear-mongering phariseeism.

"stones that the builders rejected"

Hm. Seems to me that WE have had a few of those ourselves ....

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#8658 Mar 6, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>God is not the author of confusion........we know! We are not confused.......you are.
You try to change the God of Heaven to condone your life choices. God is the same yesterday, today and forever.
Why would god change something he created? Did he fluck up?

“Watching for Wolves~”

Location hidden

#8659 Mar 6, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
More judgmental lies and fear mongering from the pretend God!!!
The God I serve is a God of truth and love, He takes no pleasure in seeing anyone die without His Son. Now you made it plain that you want nothing to do with Jesus and you get very angry when you are told the truth. Your anger changes nothing Norcal, the truth is the truth if you continue on as your are your soul will be lost forever.......now if you choose that so be it. Just know this you will not change our view of the Bible and we will continue to post God's Word so get use to it or leave.....

“Watching for Wolves~”

Location hidden

#8661 Mar 6, 2013
RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes we all know: June Ward and the Beaver sitting at the edge of the lake of fire eating fried chicken while watching the heathen burn... we know the tale.You really have to wonder about the true goodness of people whose motivation to sit down, shut up and do what their told is motivated by the thought of sitting in the lap of luxury while other people suffer. More importantly if the extrapolation of this kind of eltist, clubhouse thinking explains why two-thirds of the world lives in abject povery. Do you REALLY think that being gay or lesbian is going to be the litmus test to what happens to you after this life it over, or do you think maybe, just maybe, your pleasure in the thought of other people suffering for not allowing you to control them this are the seeds to your future suffering? have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe that instead of a rality this story is simply a narrative to explain a greater truth that you're missing because your caught up in the imagery instead of the point, and maybe, just maybe, it's YOU, by your own ignorance and pleasure in the self-rightiousness that narrative gives you, are sowing the seeds for YOUR future suffering?
What makes you think anyone of the Christians here take pleasure in ppl being lost forever? You are being dishonest with yourself.

Location hidden

#8663 Mar 6, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>The God I serve is a God of truth and love, He takes no pleasure in seeing anyone die without His Son. Now you made it plain that you want nothing to do with Jesus and you get very angry when you are told the truth. Your anger changes nothing Norcal, the truth is the truth if you continue on as your are your soul will be lost forever.......now if you choose that so be it. Just know this you will not change our view of the Bible and we will continue to post God's Word so get use to it or leave.....
Pretty arrogant and presumptuous of you to purport ot understand someone else's relationship with the divine, and pretty ignorant of you not to understand the concept of absolute transcendent grace.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#8664 Mar 6, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
What is God's Word?
Tapiooooooooooca!

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#8666 Mar 6, 2013
Whoops, forgot the context:
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#8667 Mar 6, 2013
If only you knew of an all powerful god that wasn't such as grudge bearing bastard.

Your bible says god will punish unborn children.

What a cu*t.
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>What makes you think anyone of the Christians here take pleasure in ppl being lost forever? You are being dishonest with yourself.

Location hidden

#8670 Mar 6, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>What makes you think anyone of the Christians here take pleasure in ppl being lost forever? You are being dishonest with yourself.
No, Muffin, I'm simply aknowleging the spirit in which things are given. And I also present to you that the difference between you and I is that I understand an unlimited absolute Christ and the the very expression of His act an sacrice being very much the divine expression of Himself: unlimited and absolute-as is the confering of His grace. I recognize the the triune quailities of omnipotence, omnipresence and onmiscience imbued in those acts and my relationship with Him through those acts. I can approach the divine as a lesbian, realize the unique path of learning about the divine afforded me in this particular journey and know beyond the shadow of a doubt that my cleaving and cleaving alone is the prerequisite for the revelation and transformation of my life as one with the divine. I not going to step backwards into your religious infancy, I'm not going to be impeded by your failure to truely see the light. I gaurontee that you mergement will not take place until you do.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#8678 Mar 6, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>God is not the author of confusion........we know! We are not confused.......you are.
Oh Laci, you are more confused than others......but then most have already known that about you for sometime now!!!

Actually, I haven't done anything you claim I have, but again.....that's also nothing new from you.

God has NO REASON to change me, nor do I need to change for Him, I am as He created me to be......and I am okay with that, to bad you still haven't figured out God's message:-)

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#8681 Mar 6, 2013
RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
This may very well be, but it points to the crux of the matter: the Bible is subject to both human error in translation and interpretation.
No disagreement from me as that poster well proved true what you said that I pointed out earlier :)

“Watching for Wolves~”

Location hidden

#8682 Mar 6, 2013
RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Muffin, I'm simply aknowleging the spirit in which things are given. And I also present to you that the difference between you and I is that I understand an unlimited absolute Christ and the the very expression of His act an sacrice being very much the divine expression of Himself: unlimited and absolute-as is the confering of His grace. I recognize the the triune quailities of omnipotence, omnipresence and onmiscience imbued in those acts and my relationship with Him through those acts. I can approach the divine as a lesbian, realize the unique path of learning about the divine afforded me in this particular journey and know beyond the shadow of a doubt that my cleaving and cleaving alone is the prerequisite for the revelation and transformation of my life as one with the divine. I not going to step backwards into your religious infancy, I'm not going to be impeded by your failure to truely see the light. I gaurontee that you mergement will not take place until you do.
Typos....conferring, omniscience, qualities, truly, guarantee plus a "few" more. Calm down and you might not make as many mistakes next time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge overturns Montana's gay marriage ban 3 hr Lawrence Wolf 74
Studies show many Americans not reading the Bib... 3 hr thetruth 18
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr KiMerde 51,241
Unmasking The "Gay" Agenda (Feb '08) 4 hr Shadow Walker 1,023
BC denies accreditation to anti-Gay Christian l... 6 hr DebraE 69
Pastors opposed to gay marriage swear off all c... 6 hr Listen to the Word 6
Abercrombie content as he leaves office 8 hr Guru 7

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE