Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments
7,601 - 7,620 of 16,105 Comments Last updated Aug 28, 2013

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Satans MO . . . infiltrate / distort / replace / antichrist on the way . . . you knew this day was coming . . . God bless you brother .. keep your sword sharp .. the world needs God's word now more than ever . . . peace

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

His-truth wrote:
No book can even come close to the awesomeness of the Bible ... none whatsoever ... ever
A Closer Look at the Word of God .. The Bible says of itself,“The Word of God is living and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword.” It is vital to the Christian that we know beyond doubt that God’s Word is both valid and authoritative. This study guide will lead you to solid conclusions in that regard ... http://bobgeorge.net/teaching/closer-look/wor... .. continue
PAUL SAID, "God is not the author of confusion," (I Corinthians 14:33), yet never has a book produced more confusion than the bible! There are hundreds of denominations and sects, all using the "inspired Scriptures" to prove their conflicting doctrines.
Why do trained theologians differ? Why do educated translators disagree over Greek and Hebrew meanings? Why all the confusion? Shouldn't a document that was "divinely inspired" by an omniscient and omnipotent deity be as clear as possible?

"If the trumpet give an uncertain sound," Paul wrote in I Corinthians 14:8, "who shall prepare himself to the battle? So likewise ye, except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be understood, how shall it be known what is spoken? for ye shall speak into the air." Exactly! Paul should have practiced what he preached. For almost two millennia, the bible has been producing a most "uncertain sound."

The problem is not with human limitations, as some claim. The problem is the bible itself. People who are free of theological bias notice that the bible contains hundreds of discrepancies. Should it surprise us when such a literary and moral mish-mash, taken seriously, causes so much discord? Here is a brief sampling of biblical contradictions.
http://ffrf.org/legacy/books/lfif/...

A Pastor who has seen the truth and is not ashamed to show it!!

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Folks like you can't just answer the question, they must bring up other things like incest, polygamy and whatever else they think will make them sound big and bad......but the truth of the matter is it isn't "GAY" or "SAME-SEX" marriage, it's just MARRIAGE that involves either opposite-sex folks or Same-Sex folks........and yet you can't even post without freaking out.......lol!!!
I know that marriage among heterosexuals has a current divorce rate of just around 50%, second marriages end in divorce at roughly 65%, third marriages end in divorce at roughly 75% and those who have high divorce rates are usually Christians......imagine that!!!
I don't know about others, but I have been legally married one time in my life and I believe in both the sacrament of the institution of marriage and the vows I took.......at least HALF of those who are heterosexuals CAN'T say that!!!
Do you go out and preach to those heterosexual married couples who are swingers? or is it okay for them to trash your biblical version of marriage? I mean you do know that there are straight married couples who swap spouses, right?
I have noticed for a long while that pro-same sex marriage advocates nickel-dime heterosexual divorce rates. Why is that? Is that to prove how lousy marriage really can be between two people that don't get along any more? That marriage isn't what's it's claimed to be? That it isn't a scared institution as theists claim because of all the divorce and DV rates in marriages?
If same sex advocates strive to prove how bad and ugly marriage can become, why do they want a piece of something their so critical of? That doesn't make a lot of sense.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
PAUL SAID, "God is not the author of confusion," (I Corinthians 14:33), yet never has a book produced more confusion than the bible!
Umm, though I know what you meant, the Bible has never produced any confusion. People cause confusion.
The Oracle

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm, though I know what you meant, the Bible has never produced any confusion. People cause confusion.

That's because people wrote the Bible

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
Here is a brief sampling of biblical contradictions.
http://ffrf.org/legacy/books/lfif/...
A Pastor who has seen the truth and is not ashamed to show it!!
You're link begins on an erroneous and wrong translation of a word that really matters. Doing this allows a person to yack on for ever but in a way that has no true application to what the sentence actually stated.

Should we kill?
Exodus 20:13 "Thou shalt not kill."

From the Jewish translation...

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt0220.htm
12 Thou shalt not murder.

So most knowing the English definitions of words, would know there is a wide difference between using the word 'kill' in a sentence and using the word 'murder' in a sentence.
The person you made a link to, because they apparently didn't know or purposefully avoided the true word that was 'kill', all they said concerning it has no relevance at all to the sixth Jewish commandment as they went after it.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I have noticed for a long while that pro-same sex marriage advocates nickel-dime heterosexual divorce rates. Why is that? Is that to prove how lousy marriage really can be between two people that don't get along any more? That marriage isn't what's it's claimed to be? That it isn't a scared institution as theists claim because of all the divorce and DV rates in marriages?
If same sex advocates strive to prove how bad and ugly marriage can become, why do they want a piece of something their so critical of? That doesn't make a lot of sense.
No, what is being pointed out is my exclusion is not what upholds the sanctity of marriage any more than my inclusion is what takes it away. What upholds the sanctity of marraige is a matter of character, not gender. Some of us will do a good job of it, others won't, but the opportunity to discover that one way or another should be freely allowed and our sucsess or failure predicated on my and my partner's ability.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You're link begins on an erroneous and wrong translation of a word that really matters. Doing this allows a person to yack on for ever but in a way that has no true application to what the sentence actually stated.
Should we kill?
Exodus 20:13 "Thou shalt not kill."
From the Jewish translation...
http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt0220.htm
12 Thou shalt not murder.
So most knowing the English definitions of words, would know there is a wide difference between using the word 'kill' in a sentence and using the word 'murder' in a sentence.
The person you made a link to, because they apparently didn't know or purposefully avoided the true word that was 'kill', all they said concerning it has no relevance at all to the sixth Jewish commandment as they went after it.
This may very well be, but it points to the crux of the matter: the Bible is subject to both human error in translation and interpretation.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Your proof? None obviously.
Translation errors prove the Bible to be unreliable.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Won't do any good. It is coming to pass at this very moment. It will all come to pass.
"these words are faithful and true"
Revelation 21:5 (NASB)
5 And He who sits on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new." And He *said, "Write, for these words are faithful and true."
Argumentum ad Baculum.

Unimpressive.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
And that's why Satan's children are here attacking what God said. They are obsessed with hatred for God's word. They keep trying to change it, rather than changing themselves.
Sup 2buckchuck still playing god?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
And that's why Satan's children are here attacking what God said. They are obsessed with hatred for God's word. They keep trying to change it, rather than changing themselves.
What is God's Word?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation errors prove the Bible to be unreliable.
Another lie from Satan.

John 8:44 (NKJV)
44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Argumentum ad Baculum.
Unimpressive.
I'm not here to impress you.

Ezekiel 33:9 (NKJV)
9 Nevertheless if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have something to say then say it.
So, is that a "yes, I did read it", or a "no I did not read it".

" ... Let your 'yes" be 'yes' and your 'no' be 'no'. All else is of the adversary ... "

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Another lie from Satan.
44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.
Your Bible quotes mean nothing. You just lied. I am not Satan.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not here to impress you.
Ezekiel 33:9 (NKJV)
9 Nevertheless if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.
I can see that. Tell me something I don't already know.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Another lie from Satan.
So you are saying the Bible has no translation errors and I am Satan.

Any reasonable person will disagree with your position.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you cut Romans 1 out of your Bible? Here is what you are defending from different English Bibles:
Romans 1
"God gave them up" "vile passions" "shameful desires" "evil things" "men with men" "indecent acts"
The reason gays don't care what the Bible says is because "God gave them up".
That's what Saul thought. He also thought that even though Yeshua is recorded as saying "call no one 'father'" that it was right for his own followers to call him "father".

Not an isolated instance of his heresies.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 7:1-2 (King James Version)
"1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again."
I've got my Purim ratchets all ready for all these Hamans around here.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••