Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16101 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#8598 Mar 6, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Which God? You don't even know. You have created your own god to please you. The God of the Bible is the only God.
Which one? The Buybull mentions at least 27.

http://www.holysmoke.org/hs00/bible2.htm
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#8599 Mar 6, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Really ... especially because your ideology can't compete
Greek mythology is way more entertaining.
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#8600 Mar 6, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>You will meet this King one day and you won't be calling Him names then......you will be pleading for mercy.
Oh here we go with the fear mongering........

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#8601 Mar 6, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
However you and your ike are doing just that by preventing Gays and Lesbians from their right to marry the person of their choosing!!!
from their [ussumed] right

yeah ... It'd be a perversion of what God intended .. sorry

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#8602 Mar 6, 2013
But don't worry . . . the Harlot is just fine w/ it

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#8604 Mar 6, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
from their [ussumed] right
yeah ... It'd be a perversion of what God intended .. sorry
Do you have the right to marry the person of your choosing? If so, then why shouldn't Gays and Lesbians have that same right? it's not ASSumed, it is being denied strictly because of people's religious beliefs that HAVE NO BUSINESS IN GOVERNMENT!!!

God does not RUN our Government and therefore what you believe God intended is again IRRELEVANT!!!

By the way, Churches DON'T issue marriage licenses and can not sign off on a marriage license UNLESS they have signed on to be a representative of the State!!!

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#8606 Mar 6, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
Do you have the right to marry the person of your choosing If so then why shouldnt Gays and Lesbians have that same right it's not ASSumed it is being denied strictly because of peoples religious beliefs that HAVE NO BUSINESS IN GOVERNMENT God does not RUN our Government and therefore what you believe God intended is again IRRELEVANT by the way Churches DON'T issue marriage licenses and can not sign off on a marriage license UNLESS they have signed on to be a representative of the State
Homosexual "mARRIAGE" ??.. why just limit it to two whatevers .. what the heck .. let's do "OpEn-mARRIAGE" .. invite two or three more participants to this new twisted definition of "mARRIAGE" ... love is love .. right ?.. the more the mArRiAgEr .. right ??... fairness / logic and reason would only dictate ... right ????... I mean .. once the frame is twisted ... why would you care what shape it is ........ FREAK !!
The Oracle

Twickenham, UK

#8607 Mar 6, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
I was using your post in my comment to His-Truth.....sorry, if I wasn't clear......I believe we do agree and I wasn't trying to refute you.
Please forgive if I've offended you!

It's good to be onside with someone in this minefield. Best regards

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#8610 Mar 6, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
There is ONLY one God........and He's NOT of the bible or IN it......God is EVERYWHERE and is ANYTHING, but God is NOT confined to the words of mere mortal men!!!!
I guess it's easier to create your own God to please yourself than repent and be saved by the God of the Bible. Jesus of the Bible is the ONLY way to salvation.

"He is the STONE WHICH WAS REJECTED by you"

Acts 4:10-12 (NASB)
10 let it be known to all of you and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead—by this name this man stands here before you in good health. 11 "He is the STONE WHICH WAS REJECTED by you, THE BUILDERS, but WHICH BECAME THE CHIEF CORNER stone. 12 "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved."

Location hidden

#8611 Mar 6, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Repeating the same lies over and over and over again STILL will not make them anymore relevant to those who DON'T believe as you do or to our Government!!!
"those who are perishing" "the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving"

2 Corinthians 4:3-4 (NASB)
3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, 4 in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Location hidden

#8612 Mar 6, 2013
The Oracle wrote:
<quoted text>
Surely sodomites are homosexuals, anyway why should anyone care whether or not they "inherit the [fictitious] kingdom of god"?
You do realise that the lower a person's IQ, the more susceptible they are to religious dogma. Google it! You certainly prove the point.
I realize you don't care now. But you will care when they come for you.

"the furnace of fire"

Matthew 13:49-50 (NASB)
49 "So it will be at the end of the age; the angels will come forth and take out the wicked from among the righteous, 50 and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

They will find you.

Location hidden

#8613 Mar 6, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's just it. "The" bible HAS been changed. To use your own language, Satan HAS attacked it and succeeded in using it to corrupt people like you into following his ways.
If you were sincere in your faith, the very mention of such a suggestion would make you want to delve deeper, to learn more, to make sure that was not true. If it was really important for you to follow God accurately, you would want to make absolutely certain you were taking the proper instruction, wouldn't you?
I am more concerned about what God really wants. I did my research to make sure what the priests were telling me was true (just as I double-check doctors, teachers, or anybody else who tells me something that could have potentially big ramifications.)
And when I did that, I found there is no original bible on earth. We have the Dead Sea Scrolls, but all they do is show things are "similar" from one point to another. They are not the original bible, and there is no original bible with which to compare them.
That's like taking a bible from the 1600's and one from today and saying, hmmm...because these two are so similar, they must be identical to the original. Nonsense!
And if you really cared about what God wanted, you would face that question head on and not follow your own WISHES. In doing so, you worship a man-made bible as an idol to the detriment of a healthy relationship with God.
If we knew what the original said, there would not be so many versions in existence.
What we do know is translations differ. And if you claim ONE WORD of difference is not important, you don't understand God. Do you want to follow God "close enough" or get it right?
Translations differ partly because of the natural challenges of translating ANY language perfectly into another. If you took a basic Spanish class, you'd know that never happens.
But partly they differ because people like you with an agenda against gay people made specific changes they thought would keep gay people down.
You are worshipping a corrupted book. God does not appreciate it. I seriously doubt He appreciates the ugly way you represent Him.
Why are you trying to convince me? What do you have to offer? Nothing.

Location hidden

#8614 Mar 6, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Burn those phony Bibles.
Won't do any good. It is coming to pass at this very moment. It will all come to pass.

"these words are faithful and true"

Revelation 21:5 (NASB)
5 And He who sits on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new." And He *said, "Write, for these words are faithful and true."

Location hidden

#8615 Mar 6, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the most disputed translation in the Bible. You have proven the translated Bible to be a load of crap.
Your proof? None obviously.

Location hidden

#8616 Mar 6, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Which one? The Buybull mentions at least 27.
http://www.holysmoke.org/hs00/bible2.htm
"There is one God"

1 Timothy 2:5 (NASB)
5 For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#8618 Mar 6, 2013
No book can even come close to the awesomeness of the Bible ... none whatsoever ... ever

A Closer Look at the Word of God .. The Bible says of itself,“The Word of God is living and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword.” It is vital to the Christian that we know beyond doubt that God’s Word is both valid and authoritative. This study guide will lead you to solid conclusions in that regard ... http://bobgeorge.net/teaching/closer-look/wor... .. continue

Location hidden

#8619 Mar 6, 2013
His-truth wrote:
No book can even come close to the awesomeness of the Bible ... none whatsoever ... ever
A Closer Look at the Word of God .. The Bible says of itself,“The Word of God is living and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword.” It is vital to the Christian that we know beyond doubt that God’s Word is both valid and authoritative. This study guide will lead you to solid conclusions in that regard ... http://bobgeorge.net/teaching/closer-look/wor... .. continue
And that's why Satan's children are here attacking what God said. They are obsessed with hatred for God's word. They keep trying to change it, rather than changing themselves.

#8620 Mar 6, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexual "mARRIAGE" ??.. why just limit it to two whatevers .. what the heck .. let's do "OpEn-mARRIAGE" .. invite two or three more participants to this new twisted definition of "mARRIAGE" ... love is love .. right ?.. the more the mArRiAgEr .. right ??... fairness / logic and reason would only dictate ... right ????... I mean .. once the frame is twisted ... why would you care what shape it is ........ FREAK !!
Folks like you can't just answer the question, they must bring up other things like incest, polygamy and whatever else they think will make them sound big and bad......but the truth of the matter is it isn't "GAY" or "SAME-SEX" marriage, it's just MARRIAGE that involves either opposite-sex folks or Same-Sex folks........and yet you can't even post without freaking out.......lol!!!

I know that marriage among heterosexuals has a current divorce rate of just around 50%, second marriages end in divorce at roughly 65%, third marriages end in divorce at roughly 75% and those who have high divorce rates are usually Christians......imagine that!!!

I don't know about others, but I have been legally married one time in my life and I believe in both the sacrament of the institution of marriage and the vows I took.......at least HALF of those who are heterosexuals CAN'T say that!!!

Do you go out and preach to those heterosexual married couples who are swingers? or is it okay for them to trash your biblical version of marriage? I mean you do know that there are straight married couples who swap spouses, right?

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#8621 Mar 6, 2013
Satans MO . . . infiltrate / distort / replace / antichrist on the way . . . you knew this day was coming . . . God bless you brother .. keep your sword sharp .. the world needs God's word now more than ever . . . peace

#8622 Mar 6, 2013
His-truth wrote:
PAUL SAID, "God is not the author of confusion," (I Corinthians 14:33), yet never has a book produced more confusion than the bible! There are hundreds of denominations and sects, all using the "inspired Scriptures" to prove their conflicting doctrines.
Why do trained theologians differ? Why do educated translators disagree over Greek and Hebrew meanings? Why all the confusion? Shouldn't a document that was "divinely inspired" by an omniscient and omnipotent deity be as clear as possible?

"If the trumpet give an uncertain sound," Paul wrote in I Corinthians 14:8, "who shall prepare himself to the battle? So likewise ye, except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be understood, how shall it be known what is spoken? for ye shall speak into the air." Exactly! Paul should have practiced what he preached. For almost two millennia, the bible has been producing a most "uncertain sound."

The problem is not with human limitations, as some claim. The problem is the bible itself. People who are free of theological bias notice that the bible contains hundreds of discrepancies. Should it surprise us when such a literary and moral mish-mash, taken seriously, causes so much discord? Here is a brief sampling of biblical contradictions.
http://ffrf.org/legacy/books/lfif/...

A Pastor who has seen the truth and is not ashamed to show it!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... 1 hr Pietro Armando 42
News Kerryann Taylor Weds Matthew French (Mar '13) 8 hr Honest truth 4
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 17 hr Tre H 4,336
News The Latest: Trump says canceling Chicago rally ... Tue OfficialTrumpCard 1,729
News Nicole Kidman's priest says actress hopes one d... Tue Anne Russell 1
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) Tue Levy Hater 31,925
News Bollywood in Taipei Tue TW_sugar_daddio 6
More from around the web