Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16097 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#8576 Mar 6, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
Repeating the same lies over and over and over again STILL will not make them anymore relevant to those who DON'T believe as you do or to our Government!!!
The Oracle

Twickenham, UK

#8577 Mar 6, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be illiterate.
1 Corinthians 6:9 (NKJV)
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,

Surely sodomites are homosexuals, anyway why should anyone care whether or not they "inherit the [fictitious] kingdom of god"?

You do realise that the lower a person's IQ, the more susceptible they are to religious dogma. Google it! You certainly prove the point.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#8578 Mar 6, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>You will meet this King one day and you won't be calling Him names then......you will be pleading for mercy.
Yes we all know: June Ward and the Beaver sitting at the edge of the lake of fire eating fried chicken while watching the heathen burn... we know the tale.You really have to wonder about the true goodness of people whose motivation to sit down, shut up and do what their told is motivated by the thought of sitting in the lap of luxury while other people suffer. More importantly if the extrapolation of this kind of eltist, clubhouse thinking explains why two-thirds of the world lives in abject povery. Do you REALLY think that being gay or lesbian is going to be the litmus test to what happens to you after this life it over, or do you think maybe, just maybe, your pleasure in the thought of other people suffering for not allowing you to control them this are the seeds to your future suffering? have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe that instead of a rality this story is simply a narrative to explain a greater truth that you're missing because your caught up in the imagery instead of the point, and maybe, just maybe, it's YOU, by your own ignorance and pleasure in the self-rightiousness that narrative gives you, are sowing the seeds for YOUR future suffering?

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#8579 Mar 6, 2013
The Oracle wrote:
Surely sodomites are homosexuals anyway why should anyone care whether or not they inherit the fictitious kingdom of god You do realise that the lower a persons IQ the more susceptible they are to religious dogma Google it! You certainly prove the point
Tell that to NorCal Native ... lol !!

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#8580 Mar 6, 2013
parden the spelling and editing errors
The Oracle

Twickenham, UK

#8582 Mar 6, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>You will meet this King one day and you won't be calling Him names then......you will be pleading for mercy.

Get over yourself you silly girl. Neither I nor you will be meeting the myth.

Here's a question for you, which I fear may be too sensible for you to process - How many people die every day and how much time does the myth spend with each of them when they get to his ranch in the sky?

Google the figures and you will see that even if the myth spent just one second with each deceased person when they arrived, he/she/it would not have enough time to process them all, and what can you do in a second? On top of which he/she/it has to listen to millions of people praying at any given time, and he/she/it has to process their prayers, deciding which requests to grant and which to ignore.

Add to that all the Church services he/she/it has to attend, plus all the tele-evangelists Revival Meetings, christenings, funerals, weddings etc. Put your thinking cap on girl and give that brain of yours a chance to function effectively. Where's your pride?

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#8583 Mar 6, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not "obsessed" against anyone but Satan and his attacks on the Bible.
Well that's just it. "The" bible HAS been changed. To use your own language, Satan HAS attacked it and succeeded in using it to corrupt people like you into following his ways.

If you were sincere in your faith, the very mention of such a suggestion would make you want to delve deeper, to learn more, to make sure that was not true. If it was really important for you to follow God accurately, you would want to make absolutely certain you were taking the proper instruction, wouldn't you?

I am more concerned about what God really wants. I did my research to make sure what the priests were telling me was true (just as I double-check doctors, teachers, or anybody else who tells me something that could have potentially big ramifications.)

And when I did that, I found there is no original bible on earth. We have the Dead Sea Scrolls, but all they do is show things are "similar" from one point to another. They are not the original bible, and there is no original bible with which to compare them.

That's like taking a bible from the 1600's and one from today and saying, hmmm...because these two are so similar, they must be identical to the original. Nonsense!

And if you really cared about what God wanted, you would face that question head on and not follow your own WISHES. In doing so, you worship a man-made bible as an idol to the detriment of a healthy relationship with God.

If we knew what the original said, there would not be so many versions in existence.

What we do know is translations differ. And if you claim ONE WORD of difference is not important, you don't understand God. Do you want to follow God "close enough" or get it right?

Translations differ partly because of the natural challenges of translating ANY language perfectly into another. If you took a basic Spanish class, you'd know that never happens.

But partly they differ because people like you with an agenda against gay people made specific changes they thought would keep gay people down.

You are worshipping a corrupted book. God does not appreciate it. I seriously doubt He appreciates the ugly way you represent Him.

#8585 Mar 6, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to NorCal Native ... lol !!
Did ya truly bother to read Oracle's post? If not, here it is:
The Oracle wrote:
Surely sodomites are homosexuals anyway why should anyone care whether or not they inherit the fictitious kingdom of god You do realise that the lower a persons IQ the more susceptible they are to religious dogma Google it! You certainly prove the point

Seems that Oracle is stating an opinion and then goes on to debunk this mythical place you call Heaven......also I don't have a low IQ, that's probably why I'm not susceptible to believing in your religious beliefs.

Now, you like others are certainly entitled to your beliefs, but you are NOT entitled to force those beliefs on to others or our form of Government!!!

Peace
Wade

Pekin, IL

#8586 Mar 6, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
The Oracle wrote:
Seems that Oracle is stating an opinion and then goes on to debunk this mythical place you call Heaven......also I don't have a low IQ, that's probably why I'm not susceptible to believing in your religious beliefs.
Now, you like others are certainly entitled to your beliefs, but you are NOT entitled to force those beliefs on to others or our form of Government!!!
Peace
The claims of IQ versus religion are fiction. In reality, a college graduate is MUCH more likely to attend church that you uneducated people. Google it!

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#8587 Mar 6, 2013
...... Likewise ... peace

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#8588 Mar 6, 2013
poor Google . . . gettn all wore out

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#8590 Mar 6, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
So tell us which English Bibles don't condemn gays. I don't know of any. And I own at least 20. All 20 condemn gays.
Burn those phony Bibles.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#8591 Mar 6, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be illiterate.
1 Corinthians 6:9 (NKJV)
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
Thanks for the most disputed translation in the Bible. You have proven the translated Bible to be a load of crap.

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#8592 Mar 6, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
Burn those phony Bibles.
Really ... especially because your ideology can't compete
The Oracle

Twickenham, UK

#8593 Mar 6, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
The Oracle wrote:
Peace

Are you confused? Your post agrees entirely with what I was saying, yet somehow you seem to think you are refuting what I posted.

The Oracle

Twickenham, UK

#8594 Mar 6, 2013
Wade wrote:
<quoted text>The claims of IQ versus religion are fiction. In reality, a college graduate is MUCH more likely to attend church that you uneducated people. Google it!

Firstly there are numerous college graduates who don't have high IQs.
There are also numerous uneducated people who do have high IQs.

The fact has nothing to do with how likely a person is to attend church, it is about how susceptible they are to religious doctrine.

You really are not very bright, are you?

#8595 Mar 6, 2013
Wade wrote:
<quoted text>The claims of IQ versus religion are fiction. In reality, a college graduate is MUCH more likely to attend church that you uneducated people. Google it!
Seems you'd be wrong there David.......I'm highly educated, able to think for myself and I left formalized religion YEARS ago......but that doesn't mean I don't have a spiritual belief in God, just not man-made religious building or stories!!!

#8596 Mar 6, 2013
The Oracle wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you confused? Your post agrees entirely with what I was saying, yet somehow you seem to think you are refuting what I posted.
I was using your post in my comment to His-Truth.....sorry, if I wasn't clear......I believe we do agree and I wasn't trying to refute you.

Please forgive if I've offended you!

#8597 Mar 6, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
...... Likewise ... peace
However you and your ike are doing just that by preventing Gays and Lesbians from their right to marry the person of their choosing!!!
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#8598 Mar 6, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Which God? You don't even know. You have created your own god to please you. The God of the Bible is the only God.
Which one? The Buybull mentions at least 27.

http://www.holysmoke.org/hs00/bible2.htm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ohio businessman, deported after 38 years in US... 1 hr Quirky 45
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 8 hr cpeter1313 18,848
News Court rules California bakeries may REFUSE to d... 11 hr Wondering 48
News In Pakistan, Valentine's Day Brings Out Roses A... 14 hr Roger_christian_AR 11
News Salt Lake church shields Utah mom from deportation Tue Bloodonhishands 2
News Eastland Mall, at 50, remains popular among nei... Tue REALITY 5
News Newly released court documents cast doubt on Gi... (Dec '11) Feb 19 Abandoned Trailer 44
More from around the web