Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,105

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Full Story

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#8531 Mar 6, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Like evolution, no doubt. You already told lies about Paul's writings. That makes you a liar like Satan your father. You can't stop lying.
Did you read the supporting link for my opinion?

Location hidden

#8532 Mar 6, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
John 1 The word was God. The word became flesh and dwelt among us.
Again, THAT is Philo of Alexandria.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logos

Location hidden

#8533 Mar 6, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 1:26-27 (NKJV)
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
That "reason" was again?

Location hidden

#8534 Mar 6, 2013
Fundamentalist wrote:
<quoted text>
So convenient to justify your fallen nature(sin). I am born that way, really!!! Just a meager liberal mindset.... One day you will know you chose your orientations. Just like you can choose not to be grooved in iniquity!
It is a protestant obsession to need to "justify" things.

Sexual orientation arises in the pre-conscious portions of the brain.

Location hidden

#8535 Mar 6, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
John 1 The word was God. The word became flesh and dwelt among us.
By the way ... I am STILL waiting for you to supply the Koine word translated as "scripture" that denotes religious writings as opposed to just any old writings.

You obviously have opinions. When are you gong to start supporting your points, and discussing the points of others in an intelligent manner? It is expected that you will read the evidence and links provided by other posters in support of their points in the discussion; that you will pick up the information provided in these links and look at them from all angles, evaluating the data for validity and cogency. If you determine the data to be faulty, then it behooves you to present your reasons why, and provide links to supporting material that refutes the problematic material.

This is not a site or thread dedicated to you just preaching AT other posters. It's a FORUM for discussion and debate on the topics presented in news articles and opinion/editorials from around the world.

Learn.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#8536 Mar 6, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way ... I am STILL waiting for you to supply the Koine word translated as "scripture" that denotes religious writings as opposed to just any old writings.
You obviously have opinions. When are you gong to start supporting your points, and discussing the points of others in an intelligent manner? It is expected that you will read the evidence and links provided by other posters in support of their points in the discussion; that you will pick up the information provided in these links and look at them from all angles, evaluating the data for validity and cogency. If you determine the data to be faulty, then it behooves you to present your reasons why, and provide links to supporting material that refutes the problematic material.
This is not a site or thread dedicated to you just preaching AT other posters. It's a FORUM for discussion and debate on the topics presented in news articles and opinion/editorials from around the world.
Learn.
Babydoll, he doesn't know Jesus from a Jewish accountant. He's adopted the role as a means to play a flaming troll game. The fact that someone would assume religion for the purposes of recreational antagonism shows not only an utter contempt for the religion they're pretending but is also an individuals that doesn't have the normal ability the rest of us have to recognize the fact that there are boundaries of decent behavior that should be respected. They're known as sociopaths. I'm not a christian but what's good about christian ethics and people I respect, and so in his posts I'm not offended in the least by what he says- quite confident in my own spiritual beliefs- but I am offended by the motivation behind his saying it.

If I were to fit gay and lesbians into "God's plan" I would say they are the revealing test of one's true spiritual character, and for many the coming to the crossroads of decision as to whether to identify with a truth that transcends the world and act from that place, or sink into the addictive poisons of their own ego and self-agrandizement at the expense of others. Spirituality is NOT A GAME, and I can guarantee you that the destination of your journey you make here won't hinge on the superficial matter of your sexual orientation, but on your heart's orientation.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#8537 Mar 6, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you even know why you are obsessed against the Bible? Answer: Satan is your father.
I'm actually not obsessed against "the" bibles.

You are, however, obsessed against me.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#8538 Mar 6, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke
Matthew
John
How many gods do you have?
Do you have a word of god yet?
Just one, Jesus.

Colossians 1:16 (NKJV)
16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers.

Location hidden

#8539 Mar 6, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you read the supporting link for my opinion?
If you have something to say then say it.

Location hidden

#8540 Mar 6, 2013
snyper wrote:
Learn.
Already did. I know you are going to lose everything and everyone you love. You have no hope.

Location hidden

#8541 Mar 6, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm actually not obsessed against "the" bibles.
You are, however, obsessed against me.
I'm not "obsessed" against anyone but Satan and his attacks on the Bible.
The Oracle

UK

#8542 Mar 6, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Dear, there isn't a single Bible in any language which condemns gays. There isn't a single Bible in any language which even mentions them. If you have Bibles which condemns gays, you have either misread them or they have been deliberately rewritten in order to do so.

You won't find any reference to "gays" in any bible.'Gay' in relation to sex is a relatively recent word, first coined by homosexual males and females in order to make their pervertions sound a bit more respectable.
The Oracle

UK

#8543 Mar 6, 2013
RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally don't but into this tripe. I believe that organized religion began when the first con artist met the first idiot.
Truly spiritual people are ethical and humanitarian out of their evolvement, not forced into it by preying on their ignorance and superstition in the form of personal threats.

Brilliant! I would have been proud to have quoted this.

Location hidden

#8544 Mar 6, 2013
The Oracle wrote:
<quoted text>
You won't find any reference to "gays" in any bible.'Gay' in relation to sex is a relatively recent word, first coined by homosexual males and females in order to make their pervertions sound a bit more respectable.
1 Corinthians 6:9 (NKJV)
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, NOR HOMOSEXUALS, nor SODOMITES,

You lose.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#8545 Mar 6, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
You lose.
No, actually the only person who loses is the one who continues to think others care about their beliefs and we don't!!!

You can believe any bible you want, but your beliefs end....WHERE mine begin!!!!

Location hidden

#8546 Mar 6, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
No, actually the only person who loses is the one who continues to think others care about their beliefs and we don't!!!
You can believe any bible you want, but your beliefs end....WHERE mine begin!!!!
It's irrelevant whether you care or not.

Ezekiel 33:9 (NKJV)
9 Nevertheless if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#8547 Mar 6, 2013
If only you knew of an all powerful god that could've stopped satan years ago.
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not "obsessed" against anyone but Satan and his attacks on the Bible.
The Oracle

UK

#8548 Mar 6, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
1 Corinthians 6:9 (NKJV)
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, NOR HOMOSEXUALS, nor SODOMITES,
You lose.

You appear to be under the illusion that the fictional bible has credibility in the minds of the wise.

With your assumptions you place yourself in intellectual poverty. It is on record that the lower a person's IQ, the more susceptible they are to religious dogma. Google it.

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#8549 Mar 6, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
So tell us which English Bibles don't condemn gays. I don't know of any. And I own at least 20. All 20 condemn gays.
I think it's called the New-Queen-James ... lol !!.. it's like 7 pages

Location hidden

#8550 Mar 6, 2013
The Oracle wrote:
<quoted text>
You appear to be under the illusion that the fictional bible has credibility in the minds of the wise.
With your assumptions you place yourself in intellectual poverty. It is on record that the lower a person's IQ, the more susceptible they are to religious dogma. Google it.
"You appear to be under the illusion" that I expect gays to repent.
Romans 1 "God gave them up"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 14 min southern Illinois... 50,039
Gazans rush to enjoy life after ruinous war 33 min I can read 94
Luhrmann, Gisele hit Chanel's Parisian boulevard 2 hr Jumper The wise 4
Divorce Law Out Of Synch With Same-Sex Marriage 2 hr Jumper The wise 19
Ex-Virginia Gov. McDonnell guilty on 11 corrupt... 3 hr Swedenforever 5
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 5 hr Boro parent 31,281
SCOTUS could inject same-sex marriage into races 6 hr Mykro 4

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE