Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,105

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Full Story

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#8511 Mar 5, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Sweetie, the Greeks had words to describe same sex sexual acts and even for those who engaged in them. The concept of same sex attraction, homosexuality, wouldn't be explored for another 19 centuries, but they did know about the sex. When Paul wrote to the Church in Corinth, he did not, at least according to the earliest known copies of the work, use a word which its readers would know as meaning a same sex sex act or someone who engaged in them, he combined man/bed, both in the singular. Early Christians taught it as a warning to masturbators. For you to come in and say you have a version of the Bible that says Paul said homosexuals, I know that to be a lie that began appearing in American versions only in the last 60 years and not universal among all translations.
You're free to try to prove me wrong about any or all of this, after all, God is on your side, isn't he?
You're babbling.

Location hidden

#8512 Mar 5, 2013
snyper wrote:
Why give any credence to Saul in the first place? His writing is so full of errors and plagiarism.
Lies from Satan.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#8513 Mar 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
You're babbling.
No dear, you're just in over your head in our little discussion. It's not me, it really is you.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#8514 Mar 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Lies from Satan.
When there is clear evidence, it's not "lies".

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#8515 Mar 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You're babbling.
You're evading.

Location hidden

#8516 Mar 5, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
When there is clear evidence, it's not "lies".
Like evolution, no doubt. You already told lies about Paul's writings. That makes you a liar like Satan your father. You can't stop lying.

Location hidden

#8517 Mar 5, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>No dear, you're just in over your head in our little discussion. It's not me, it really is you.
So tell us which English Bibles don't condemn gays. I don't know of any. And I own at least 20. All 20 condemn gays.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#8518 Mar 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll hate to say 'I told you so'.
Ezekiel 33:9 (NKJV)
9 Nevertheless if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.
Got a god word yet?

Luke?
Matthew?

Any other gods?

Location hidden

#8519 Mar 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a hypocrite. You quote Matthew and deny Matthew.
Matthew 5:22 (NKJV)
22 But whoever says,'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire.
Matthew is your god?

Why didn't you just say so?

Location hidden

#8520 Mar 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Lies from Satan.
Can you show me a lie from Satan?

Do you have a picture?

Location hidden

#8521 Mar 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
So tell us which English Bibles don't condemn gays. I don't know of any. And I own at least 20. All 20 condemn gays.
Show me the word gay in your books.

Do you have a picture? Video?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#8522 Mar 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
Dear, there isn't a single Bible in any language which condemns gays. There isn't a single Bible in any language which even mentions them. If you have Bibles which condemns gays, you have either misread them or they have been deliberately rewritten in order to do so.

Location hidden

#8523 Mar 5, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Got a god word yet?
Luke?
Matthew?
Any other gods?
2 Corinthians 4:3-4 (NKJV)
3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, 4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.

Location hidden

#8524 Mar 5, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew is your god?
Why didn't you just say so?
John 1 The word was God. The word became flesh and dwelt among us.

Location hidden

#8525 Mar 5, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you show me a lie from Satan?
Do you have a picture?
Read your own posts.

Location hidden

#8526 Mar 5, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Dear, there isn't a single Bible in any language which condemns gays. There isn't a single Bible in any language which even mentions them. If you have Bibles which condemns gays, you have either misread them or they have been deliberately rewritten in order to do so.
Romans 1:26-27 (NKJV)
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
Fundamentalist

South Africa

#8527 Mar 6, 2013
__- Really-__ wrote:
<quoted text>At what point in your life did you choose to be stupid, homsexuals are not grown they are born the way they are, same as transgender, lesbian, pedophiles, bi-polar, hetro.
So convenient to justify your fallen nature(sin). I am born that way, really!!! Just a meager liberal mindset.... One day you will know you chose your orientations. Just like you can choose not to be grooved in iniquity!
Fundamentalist

South Africa

#8528 Mar 6, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Who the hell cares what somebody from South Africa has to say?
What makes the American voice any stronger, obviously your reaction shows care..... As you said cares from hell!!!

Location hidden

#8529 Mar 6, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Read your own posts.
So, in other words, no?

Location hidden

#8530 Mar 6, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
John 1 The word was God. The word became flesh and dwelt among us.
Luke
Matthew
John

How many gods do you have?

Do you have a word of god yet?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Methodist panel to hear appeal over gay wedding 2 min eJohn 2
Hitching Post wedding chapel sues over gay marr... 11 min WeTheSheeple 7
Judge Strikes Down NC Gay Marriage Ban 26 min Cullen Creepy Cra... 68
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 39 min Tre H 25,302
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMerde 50,614
Miss Julie Runs Now thru 11/8 at August Strindb... 1 hr Bobby 1
GOP Congressional Candidate: Gay Couples Are 'G... 3 hr Rodney Allen Rippy 14

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE