Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments (Page 366)

Showing posts 7,301 - 7,320 of16,105
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooooh! Another argumetum baculum.
Belief means nothing. In fact belief simply prevents you from getting too a higher place.
Belief in Hell is not required for residency therein.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an annoying little wanker, aren't you?
To those who will burn in Hell, yes.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
I have already won.
If so you would have explained. You're a loser. Hell fire awaits you.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Your father Satan is proud of you. You're a chip off the old block. A liar. You are Biblically illiterate. That's why you avoid the Bible.
You follow Jesus?

You can't tell by your words.

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Try asking an intelligent question.
I'm guessing you don't have an answer. Using insults to direct folk's attention from the fact that you can't answer isn't a solid tactic.

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the most Biblically illiterate post I have read.
For that to be true, you would need to explain why, point by point.

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Belief in Hell is not required for residency therein.
You are enamored with the idea that you know who is going to hell, and why. I gather it makes you feel superior to others. You seem to like to throw that supposed superiority in the faces of others.

But, you are not God to judge others, and by pretending to be God's voice, and God's judge, you simply drive more people away from Him.

And you will likely pay for that error one day, since you are supposed to be one who knows better.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
You are enamored with the idea that you know who is going to hell, and why. I gather it makes you feel superior to others. You seem to like to throw that supposed superiority in the faces of others.
But, you are not God to judge others, and by pretending to be God's voice, and God's judge, you simply drive more people away from Him.
And you will likely pay for that error one day, since you are supposed to be one who knows better.
Theologically it's known as blasphemy of the Holy Spirit; in the same essense of attributing works of God to the devil, conversely attributing works of the devil and the falsity and self-serving human agency to the working of God is also BLASPHEMY OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. These people, in coming here and their ensuing conduct of driving people away from God by their filth and hostility are commiting the one sin that will not be forgiven. That's why I've been telling them that if I'm to burn in hell there is no doubt that there will be a pile of these people there buring to roast me over. I've warned them, they can tempt God all they want-they are accountable for their actions. They better grab their burn spray because their alibis aren't going to cut it with the Almighty.

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Then he would be ignorant.
Wow. A "true believer" basically saying, "God better listen to me or He's wrong".

Well done fool.

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
God is going to burn you alive unbeliever.
Because "GrandPASmurf" doesn't follow YOUR version of "chriSTAINanity"?

Because in life, words and actions, "Grandpasmurf" behaves more like Jesus did than you do?

As a Christian, I pity you. The message of Jesus is one of compassion, not judgement and punishment. You pervert His message and dishonor His Sacrifice. No wonder I smell goats every time you post and sheep when ever I read what PapaSmurf writes on the subject.

You may believe that "Papa" likes my form of Christianity over yours simply because I'm a gay man. But you'd be mistaken.

PapaSmurk has always respected my religion because he sees I practice it's core values instead of simply "preaching a list of don'ts".
Native from Pa

Vienna, Austria

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

DNF
ALL us believers are fools.
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Wow. A "true believer" basically saying, "God better listen to me or He's wrong".
Well done fool.

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
If there is a god who has a set of rules he wants us to obey, and who will torture us for all time if we don't obey them, why do we have to debate about them? Why aren't these things made clear to each of us? Seems only fair.
Well said my friend. But as you know I think His message IS pretty clear. I see you following it in life and words much more often than I see most of the Bible Thumping anti-gays on here do. No wonder they get so upset with you.

They know in that hole in their soul that they are "less Christian" than even an agnostic like you. I happen to see that you worship the divine much more honestly than most; the principles behind the words.

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Same Sex Marriage isn't what pits Church against Church. Individual arrogance and ego, human lust for power and control combined with Church dogma and doctrines already do that.

Same Sex marriage is simply the current top scapegoat of a very long list that goes back to the beginnings of most religions.

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness ... since what may be known about God is plain to them .. because God has made it plain to them ... For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities .. his eternal power and divine nature have been clearly seen .. being understood from what has been made .. so that men are without excuse ... For although they knew [about] God .. they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him .. but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened ... Although they claimed to be wise .. they became fools ... and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles
men are without excuse .......... nuff said
Nope. It's your wrath being shown not God's.

But I'll still pray for your salvation.

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>..... lol !!
doesn't make any sense when you've thrown 90% of the Bible in the trash
oh yes ... the queen james indeed
People like you remind me of a line from Rod McKuen. In his book "FINDING MY FATHER" he wrote about Anita Bryant and her "born again Christianity".

Basically he said he was glad she was a born again Christian. He just hoped she'd continue to be born again and again and one day she might get it right!

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

His-truth wrote:
Obamah now has to 'convince' the [low information] americans that the reason things are sooooo bad now is because of those DAMN waskcally wepublicans .. DAMN THEM TO HELL !!!!!..... how convenient for him ... lol .. cry cry ... looks like their little left-wing democrat isn't workn out so well ... it's not like we never told ya .......... freank mortals .. okay I'm bored
so are we.

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Native from Pa wrote:
DNF
ALL us believers are fools.<quoted text>
I didn't say that or try to claim that. I'm simply pointing out you have decided to stop growing spiritually.

IMO you've basically become a couch potato, sitting back stuffing yourself on empty calories while mentally masturbating to your own ego.

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Not Murphy wrote:
<quoted text>lol
altering a post you are replying to as you did is a violation of the terms of service you agreed to when you came on here.

So, considering you have just proven you don't even stand by your own word, spare us your rants on morality.

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Your father Satan is proud of you. You're a chip off the old block. A liar. You are Biblically illiterate. That's why you avoid the Bible.
Can you spell hypocrisy? Do you know what it means?
I have posted several bible quotes that disagree with your insane hellfire doctrine. You have ignored these posts and simply continued with your hateful curses and false judgements of liar,liar.
And in case you don't know, all posts that I have made are still up on topix to confirm the truth of my statements and the scriptures I used to back them up.
And naturally I reject the all of the writings in the Greek scripture that contradict what the historical Jesus taught from the Hebrew Scriptures, the only actual scriptures in existence at the time, as the Greek scriptures would not be written until several years after the death of Jesus.
Only an idiot would chose the contradictory teachings of Saul and than have the audacity to claim they were a Christian.
As has been repeatedly pointed out to you, your god, satan, is based on a primitive Greek myth and shares no relationship with the Satan mentioned in the book of Job in the Hebrew Scriptures.
By cursing people to your imaginary hell and claiming those who disagree with you are spawn of your imaginary god of evil you blaspheme the true GOD that is as it is stated in 1 John 4:8 (King James Version)
"8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love."
and you reject his wonderful truth in Genesis 1:27 (New International Version,2010)
"27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them. "
You apparently disagree with GOD. Remember, each time you falsely judge another human being as being spawn of your imaginary satan you insult the true GOD that you do not know.
You need to get to actually know GOD. Your hateful(fearful) defense of your hellfire insanity and your imaginary volcano god is what is preventing you from doing so.
And you will never get to know GOD until you stop cursing his creations.
We all need to get informed as to the evil nature of the Roman hoax of Christianity and it's many derivatives that deny the Jewish GOD and the Jewish Jesus and get involved in restoring true Christianity based on the OMNIPRESENT GOD of Israel to humanity that is even now being found to be in accord with the latest scientific findings concerning the nature of the Cosmos!
GOD is LOVE. WE are ALL ONE WITH GOD, even the unloving!

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

I apologize for everything being crammed together in my last post.

Apparently topix removes all formatting when you use cut and paste to save your post in case your internet connection goes down in the middle of what you are doing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 7,301 - 7,320 of16,105
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••