Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16101 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#7582 Feb 24, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
"degrading passions" "men abandoned the natural function of the woman" "men with men" "depraved mind"
Romans 1
Romans 1:26-29 (NASB)
26 For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper, 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips,
What "reason" was that again?

Location hidden

#7583 Feb 24, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for these link, snyper!
Got lots more, dearheart. I'm a bit paleographer.

Location hidden

#7584 Feb 24, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that you HATE the Bible. Your fate:
Matthew 25:41 (NASB)
41 "Then He will also say to those on His left,'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into THE ETERNAL FIRE which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;
For NOT doing what?

Location hidden

#7585 Feb 24, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
"In six days"
Exodus 20:11 (NASB)
11 "For IN SIX DAYS the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day and made it holy.
Ever see this fascinating documentary?

Really fascinating.
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#7586 Feb 24, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
"will not inherit the Kingdom of God" "nor homosexuals"
1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (NASB)
9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.
Ok. Let me ask again. Where in the Buybull does it say gays are condemned to hell for eternity? It doesn't. You made it up. A liar for Jesus, how exciting. I wonder how he feels about you taking over his job?

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#7587 Feb 24, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but what do you really think?
I'd rather remain polite in my speech of her than to really get foul and negative...lol ;)P
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#7588 Feb 24, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation is an opinion. Interpretation is an opinion. What Hebrew word is there for homosexual?
fagelah (probably Yiddish)

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#7589 Feb 24, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>fagelah (probably Yiddish)
The Hebrew Scripture is not written in Yiddish. Thanks anyway;)
Derp

Torrance, CA

#7590 Feb 24, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
The Hebrew Scripture is not written in Yiddish. Thanks anyway;)
Are you slow of brain or simply lacking. The word homosexual is a made up word, so why would there be a ebrew wod for it. There is however a Hebrew which means "having sex with a man as one would a female". Do you know the Hebrew word for incest, because that word is not mentioned either, but in both cases the acts are described and defined as evil and sinful.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#7591 Feb 24, 2013
Derp wrote:
<quoted text>Are you slow of brain or simply lacking. The word homosexual is a made up word, so why would there be a ebrew wod for it. There is however a Hebrew which means "having sex with a man as one would a female". Do you know the Hebrew word for incest, because that word is not mentioned either, but in both cases the acts are described and defined as evil and sinful.
Yet slavery is not.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#7592 Feb 24, 2013
Derp wrote:
<quoted text>Are you slow of brain or simply lacking. The word homosexual is a made up word, so why would there be a ebrew wod for it. There is however a Hebrew which means "having sex with a man as one would a female". Do you know the Hebrew word for incest, because that word is not mentioned either, but in both cases the acts are described and defined as evil and sinful.
One cannot have sex with a man as one would with a female. You are an idiot and a fundy shill.
Derp

Torrance, CA

#7593 Feb 24, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Ok. Let me ask again. Where in the Buybull does it say gays are condemned to hell for eternity? Is doesn't. You made it up. A liar for Jesus, how exciting. I wonder how he feels about you taking over his job?
Wha is a gay? No where in the Bible is that lie told. That is like asking where in a science manual is the world decribed as flat.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#7594 Feb 24, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever see this fascinating documentary?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Ngt1N7FtvawXX
Really fascinating.
one of my FAVS: http://www.youtube.com/watch...

GREAT song !

GREAT video !

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#7595 Feb 25, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Sweetie, does your version of God really approve of a version of the Bible which has been deliberately and maliciously mistranslated? Paul made no mention of homosexuals or anyone who might even be confused with one in his epistle and yet here you are with a version of the Bible that willfully lies to us. Jesus would be so pleased.
Every English Bible I know of condemns gays.

"God gave them up to VILE PASSIONS" "men with men"

Romans 1:26-27 (NKJV)
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

Location hidden

#7596 Feb 25, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
That was another cop-out non-answer, as per your usual.
"Cop-out" because you can't refute it? Nah.

Location hidden

#7597 Feb 25, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
And there is your incontrovertible proof that "the" bible was altered by men with an agenda against gay people.
They chose to add the word "homosexuals."
It's corruption, pure and simple. And you insult God by reprinting that.
Romans 1 is in every English Bible I know of.

"dishonorable passions" "shameless acts"

Romans 1:26-27 (ESV)
26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Location hidden

#7598 Feb 25, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. Let me ask again. Where in the Buybull does it say gays are condemned to hell for eternity? It doesn't. You made it up. A liar for Jesus, how exciting. I wonder how he feels about you taking over his job?
"God gave them up"

Romans 1:26-27 (ESV)
26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#7599 Feb 25, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Every English Bible I know of condemns gays.
"God gave them up to VILE PASSIONS" "men with men"
Romans 1:26-27 (NKJV)
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
Nothing there talks about people who can ONLY be attracted to the same gender.

For gay folks, attraction to only the opposite gender isn't something that can be "left". And sex with the opposite gender certainly isn't natural for any gay person.

So who and what is Paul talking about?

Twisting scripture that is against straight folks participating in pagan worship and prostitution in pagan temples isn't the same as being against people that God created with only the attraction to the SAME gender.

Don't like God's choices for other folks, then complain to Him about it.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#7600 Feb 25, 2013
Derp wrote:
<quoted text>Are you slow of brain or simply lacking. The word homosexual is a made up word, so why would there be a ebrew wod for it...
Hmmmm. Aren't ALL words "made up" by humans to describe things? If the ancient Hebrews has a concept of people that could only be attracted to the same gender, I suspect they would have created a word for it.

And that word doesn't seem to appear in the Bible.

Location hidden

#7601 Feb 25, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing there talks about people who can ONLY be attracted to the same gender.
For gay folks, attraction to only the opposite gender isn't something that can be "left". And sex with the opposite gender certainly isn't natural for any gay person.
So who and what is Paul talking about?
Twisting scripture that is against straight folks participating in pagan worship and prostitution in pagan temples isn't the same as being against people that God created with only the attraction to the SAME gender.
Don't like God's choices for other folks, then complain to Him about it.
Romans 1 clearly condemns gays. You are twisting God's word. You are doing the work of your father Satan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kate Middleton Plots To Destroy Prince Harry an... (Feb '13) 3 hr victim 2
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 6 hr Belles Echoes 36,047
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 8 hr Pay your taxes 31,934
News Imam: No such thing as temporary marriage in Islam 11 hr Naman 10
News Bill Clinton tells a love story to make his cas... Wed Le Jimbo 4
News Bristol Palin: Breaking abstinence pledge again... (Jun '15) Jul 26 Keynes 12
News Ben Carson Warns Gay Couples Against Pushing Ba... (Jan '15) Jul 26 Divorce Lawyer 77
More from around the web