Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments (Page 333)

Showing posts 6,641 - 6,660 of16,105
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I was unaware that Bibles could command things. Next time I'm in a hotel room, I'll leave the drawer open.
lol

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me the original bible or you have no bible.
Your religion doesn't have a Bible?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No proof?
This is what the buy-bull says. Anybody can look it up.
Genesis 1:5: "And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day."
And there we have night and day. It's clearly not just a "period of time" as some funides will excuse. It mentions light and darkness as day and night.
God doesn't make the sun until Genesis 1:16:
"And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also."
"In six days"

Exodus 20:11 (NASB)
11 "For IN SIX DAYS the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day and made it holy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
People don't necessarily hate the Bible because they disagree with what you do with it.
You hate the Bible, because it condemns gays to eternity in Hell fire.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
It does??? Where does it say that?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>It does??? Where does it say that?
"degrading passions" "men abandoned the natural function of the woman" "men with men" "depraved mind"

Romans 1

Romans 1:26-29 (NASB)
26 For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper, 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips,

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Your religion doesn't have a Bible?
Sure it does. However we know it isn't infallible, and keep it in context.

Most bibles are a good starting point. They should naturally lead to questions. Questions are addressed via prayer. Prayer is more important than the remnants of truth we call "a bible" today.

People like you need it to be neat and clean, so you have no responsibility to think for yourself. But that is a cop out and the easy way out, and hardly spiritually nourishing. It leaves you stuck at square one with little potential for growth or understanding - or a real and consequential prayerful relationship with God.
Never say Ever

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
This is too funny. You are borderline retarded and you think you're winning!! LOL.
Frickin moron.
This is too funny. I gay posting about retardation. He must have just started a therapy session.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
"Catholic" as a sectarian distinction is centuries later.
Very little in the VatArch is "hidden". Mostly it's just as yet uncatalogued and unconserved.
To get you started on such things, you might enjoy ...
http://bancroft.berkeley.edu/digitalscriptori...
http://scriptorium.english.cam.ac.uk/
http://www.vaticanlibrary.va/home.php...
Thank you for these link, snyper!
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
"degrading passions" "men abandoned the natural function of the woman" "men with men" "depraved mind"
Romans 1
Romans 1:26-29 (NASB)
26 For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper, 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips,
Ok. Let me ask again. Where in the Buybull does it say gays are condemned to hell for eternity? Is doesn't. You made it up. A liar for Jesus, how exciting. I wonder how he feels about you taking over his job?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You are quite mistaken. I condemn your opinion of the Bible. Hell fire is a Argumentum ad baculum fantasy.
Wen

Pekin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
You are quite mistaken. I condemn your opinion of the Bible. Hell fire is a Argumentum ad baculum fantasy.
It's not an opinion. It's what it says.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure it does. However we know it isn't infallible, and keep it in context.
Are you 'fallible'? Yes indeed! VERY! Since all of our English Bibles condemn gays to the eternal fire, I'll stick with it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Ok. Let me ask again. Where in the Buybull does it say gays are condemned to hell for eternity? Is doesn't. You made it up. A liar for Jesus, how exciting. I wonder how he feels about you taking over his job?
"will not inherit the Kingdom of God" "nor homosexuals"

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (NASB)
9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that you HATE the Bible. Your fate:

Matthew 25:41 (NASB)
41 "Then He will also say to those on His left,'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into THE ETERNAL FIRE which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
"will not inherit the Kingdom of God" "nor homosexuals"
1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (NASB)
9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.
Sweetie, does your version of God really approve of a version of the Bible which has been deliberately and maliciously mistranslated? Paul made no mention of homosexuals or anyone who might even be confused with one in his epistle and yet here you are with a version of the Bible that willfully lies to us. Jesus would be so pleased.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Wen wrote:
<quoted text>It's not an opinion. It's what it says.
Translation is an opinion. Interpretation is an opinion. What Hebrew word is there for homosexual?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
41 "Then He will also say to those on His left,'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into THE ETERNAL FIRE which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;
I would say you are the one who really hates the Bible. Besides, your fantasy bores me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Argumentum ad baculum bores me too bro.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you 'fallible'? Yes indeed! VERY! Since all of our English Bibles condemn gays to the eternal fire, I'll stick with it.
That was another cop-out non-answer, as per your usual.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 6,641 - 6,660 of16,105
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••