Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,104

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Full Story

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

#7538 Feb 23, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
If you understand the religious message in whole, not in part, it is left up to each of us to decide what our fate is in the eternities to come according to the Bible.
Place A is suppose to be a good place to be and place B isn't suppose to be such a great place to be. Just saying :)
Ya mean is like desparately wanting to go to New York, but instead you wind up in New Jersey.:(

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

#7539 Feb 23, 2013
Hey ! Did ya eva notice that when you go thru The Holland Tunnel eastbound and get out of the tunnel, there's a BIG sign that says, "WELCOME TO NEW YORK !:)" but when ya go the other way and get out of the tunnel, there's a BIG sign that says: "WELCOME TO HELL !:)" ?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#7540 Feb 23, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>I'm bi and I don't dislike Paul :) I also didn't write "all" disliked him :)
You're bi and yet this is what u said in another thread about prop h8. Maybe if u had a life, you wouldn't need to spend most of it on Topix being a troll. Alaska must REALLY suck.

"You loser...lol...people voted their conscious you pompous ignoramus and you call that over riding the will of the people...lol...to fricking funny!. The will of the people VOTED FOR PROP 8! The will of the people have been against same sex marriage for centuries and against same sex marriage in Cali before the religious groups ever got involved. The will of the people have voted against same sex marriage on every occasion except one as of to date.
lol...and proof you read so very little about Mormon history except to grab some negative item someone else has written about...the printing press was destroyed in Illinois, not Missouri!"

Your nasty little pyramid scheme cult is going to lose...and if they keep it up, lose their tax exemptions. The more they meddle, the more karma bites them. They are losing members in droves, at the moment.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#7541 Feb 23, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you agree that this constitutes a rule? If so, Wayne here says you ain't a REAL Christian.
lol
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#7542 Feb 23, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya mean is like desparately wanting to go to New York, but instead you wind up in New Jersey.:(
Yeah.... they're SO far apart.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#7543 Feb 23, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
Hey ! Did ya eva notice that when you go thru The Holland Tunnel eastbound and get out of the tunnel, there's a BIG sign that says, "WELCOME TO NEW YORK !:)" but when ya go the other way and get out of the tunnel, there's a BIG sign that says: "WELCOME TO HELL !:)" ?
Who drives? Masochists.

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#7544 Feb 23, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Christian theology, in order to get to heaven, you must accept Jesus Of Nazareth as The Saviour. According to Christian theology, if you do NOT believe that, then you CANNOT be saved.
I'm a Christian.
Do I believe that ?
Yes, I do.
Actually you are a Paulist. Jesus taught differently.

Jesus said all you have to do is comply with the two most important commandments in the entire bible to attain everlasting life. He illustrated it in a parable using a Samaritan, the most reviled sect in Israel, to specifically show that it was in being LOVING that we are doing GOD'S will, irregardless of which group we may or may not belong to:

Luke 10:25-37

King James Version (KJV)

"25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?

26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?

27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

29 But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour?

30 And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.

31 And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.

32 And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.

33 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,

34 And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.

35 And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.

36 Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?

37 And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise."

This should be simple enough for anyone to understand and practicing it from day to day will awaken you to your true nature as a child of GOD.

Paul thought differently.

I'll go with the words of Jesus that repeat what is already stated in the Hebrew Scriptures and can be confirmed by each of us as individuals.

Paulists Judge

Christians LOVE

GOD is LOVE. WE are ALL ONE WITH GOD, even the unloving!

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#7545 Feb 23, 2013
Russ wrote:
<quoted text>*ALL* Bible translations and ancient texts support the Bible's many commands against all homosexual behavior, as do Christian, Jewish, and Muslim tradition.
Could you please provide a complete list of these many commands so that those of us here on the forum can discuss ithem in a calm and rational manner?

Thank you!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#7546 Feb 23, 2013
Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you please provide a complete list of these many commands so that those of us here on the forum can discuss ithem in a calm and rational manner?
Thank you!
I was unaware that Bibles could command things. Next time I'm in a hotel room, I'll leave the drawer open.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#7547 Feb 23, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
... with a heaping plate of "argumentum ad baculum".
Is that related to "argumentum ad Scott Bakula?"

Since: Aug 11

Santa Cruz, CA

#7548 Feb 23, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
... with a heaping plate of "argumentum ad baculum".
Indeed.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#7549 Feb 23, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
The ONLY things necessary to be a Christian, according to my Lutheran faith, is to be baptized and to believe that Jesus Of Nazareth IS the Promised Messiah and that ONLY thru belief in that, can you be saved.
If you are baptized and believe in Jesus of Nazareth as your Saviour, then you are, by definition, a Christian. That is according to my Lutheran faith.
If something is required to be a Christian, that's a rule. If you've got rules, you've got religion, and Wayne here says that Christianity isn't a religion, therefore you are not a Christian. Don't tell me about it. Tell it to Wayne, aka Sola Scriptura.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#7550 Feb 23, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're bi and yet this is what u said in another thread about prop h8. Maybe if u had a life, you wouldn't need to spend most of it on Topix being a troll. Alaska must REALLY suck.
"You loser...lol...people voted their conscious you pompous ignoramus and you call that over riding the will of the people...lol...to fricking funny!. The will of the people VOTED FOR PROP 8! The will of the people have been against same sex marriage for centuries and against same sex marriage in Cali before the religious groups ever got involved. The will of the people have voted against same sex marriage on every occasion except one as of to date.
lol...and proof you read so very little about Mormon history except to grab some negative item someone else has written about...the printing press was destroyed in Illinois, not Missouri!"
Your nasty little pyramid scheme cult is going to lose...and if they keep it up, lose their tax exemptions. The more they meddle, the more karma bites them. They are losing members in droves, at the moment.
The only troll is a foul mouthed feminist that follows me like a troll to find anything negative to say because she has a life that sucks so badly, she has to try and beat down others just so she can feel better about herself. You're a troll and a pathetic attempt at a cyber bully.
Why don't you explain to these people how you didn't stop a Mormon kid from taking his life oh one of wonderful thoughts?
You're the saddest excuse for a female that I have ever met. You're nothing but a pile of seething, hatred, putrid anger with some of the darkest thinking a person can unleash on any one and you do it with a smile thinking it's all normal.
The will of the people have voted for many things in the past centuries and that's a fact you hate to digest. The will of the people isn't a wrong or right principle. The will of the people have went from one extreme to the other extreme in just the last 50 years.
Why don't you go back and hide in your closet, I think I hear Mormon missionaries knocking at your door :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#7551 Feb 23, 2013
Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
Jesus said all you have to do is comply with the two most important commandments in the entire bible to attain everlasting life.
GOD is LOVE. WE are ALL ONE WITH GOD, even the unloving!
Absolutely not. That's a biased and prejudiced opinion from an atheist trying to preach Jesus to Christians and that's a contradiction by it's very definition.
Jesus said many things about attaining everlasting life. You just like to exclude them all so you can single out those two verses and read them incorrectly.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#7552 Feb 23, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
The only troll is a foul mouthed feminist that follows me like a troll to find anything negative to say because she has a life that sucks so badly, she has to try and beat down others just so she can feel better about herself. You're a troll and a pathetic attempt at a cyber bully.
Why don't you explain to these people how you didn't stop a Mormon kid from taking his life oh one of wonderful thoughts?
You're the saddest excuse for a female that I have ever met. You're nothing but a pile of seething, hatred, putrid anger with some of the darkest thinking a person can unleash on any one and you do it with a smile thinking it's all normal.
The will of the people have voted for many things in the past centuries and that's a fact you hate to digest. The will of the people isn't a wrong or right principle. The will of the people have went from one extreme to the other extreme in just the last 50 years.
Why don't you go back and hide in your closet, I think I hear Mormon missionaries knocking at your door :)
Yeah, but what do you really think?

Location hidden

#7553 Feb 24, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Well, for me, it is.
What I would REALLY like to know in full detail is all the stuff hidden away in the Vatican Archives.
:)
"Catholic" as a sectarian distinction is centuries later.

Very little in the VatArch is "hidden". Mostly it's just as yet uncatalogued and unconserved.

To get you started on such things, you might enjoy ...

http://bancroft.berkeley.edu/digitalscriptori...

http://scriptorium.english.cam.ac.uk/

http://www.vaticanlibrary.va/home.php...

Location hidden

#7554 Feb 24, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
care to expound a bit ?
For example, all sects of Eastern Orthodoxy teach that all creation is already "saved" by the action of "Christ". What remains is what each individual does with that. There are, of course, variations on this core theme.

Location hidden

#7555 Feb 24, 2013
Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you are a Paulist....
"Saulist", actually.

"Paulists" (Missionary Society of Saint Paul the Apostle) are an order of Roman Catholic priests who focus on using the media for preaching and teaching.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paulist_Fathers

Location hidden

#7556 Feb 24, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that related to "argumentum ad Scott Bakula?"
I've never heard of Scott threatening anyone.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#7557 Feb 24, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I was unaware that Bibles could command things. Next time I'm in a hotel room, I'll leave the drawer open.
lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Steel Advice: When you are 40, don't dress like... 7 min Panhof 1
Schuette urges court to take gay marriage case 4 hr Lawrence Wolf 12
Gay couples exchange vows in Montana after ruling 8 hr Sneaky Pete 15
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 8 hr chris toal 26,015
White House: US increasingly backing gay marriage 10 hr WasteWater 123
Texas Couples Ask U.S. Court To Allow Same-Sex ... 11 hr Larry Craig s WC ... 5
Pastors opposed to gay marriage swear off all c... 12 hr Fake Church Watch... 20

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE