Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments (Page 326)

Showing posts 6,501 - 6,520 of16,111
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“... from a ...”

Since: Mar 09

GREAT HEIGHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
What about Maccabbees? It introduces the false doctrine of purgatory. Therefore it is not a part of the bible.
The Jewish, Orthodox, Coptic, Tewahedo and RCC will be SO disappointed to hear that you don't approve.

(derisive snicker)

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Are domes spheres? Are tents spheres? If the firmament were spread out over the Earth like a dome or tent, that means there is a flat surface over which the firmament was extended.
Why would Satan have taken Jesus to the top of a mountain to see all the kingdoms of the world? If the implication was that the world was flat, that would make sense. However, if the implication is that Satan used some sort of magic to show all the kingdoms on a spherical Earth, there's no reason that couldn't have been done where they started out instead.
Also, Daniel 4:10-11. How is it possible for a tree, no matter the height, to be visible from the opposite side of a spherical planet? Using a flat Earth model, this story makes sense. Using a spherical Earth model, it's complete rubbish.
And, that doesn't even take into account all the other cosmological nonsense, like the stars being attached to the firmament, or the windows it has for rain to fall through, or the warehouses of snow and hail. You do believe the Bible literally, though, right? The sky is a solid dome that encases the Earth, to which the stars are attached (though not very well), and rain falls to the Earth via windows in the sky, and water and snow and hail are stored in vast warehouses up there until they're chosen to fall, yes? Or, is the Bible wrong about that?
You're simply groping.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
And that's your opinion.
I don't wish you to go to the eternal fire. It's YOUR choice.
My opinion? Oh really..... I suppose you have evidence of this "afterlife" and "eternal fire?" No, you don't. All you have is wishful thinking.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>My opinion? Oh really..... I suppose you have evidence of this "afterlife" and "eternal fire?" No, you don't. All you have is wishful thinking.
You can't see the forest for the Trees. Israel is back. The Mark is stalking you. This world is rapidly falling apart.
Matthew 24:21 (NKJV)
21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
This is complete ignorance! Jesus Christ Himself said in rebuttal to satan,,"It is written!" HE LITERALLY believed scripture.
Satan misquoted scripture in his bid to tempt Christ and Christ told him that man does not live by bread alone but by every Word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
Come back when you actually know something.
GONE WITH THE WIND takes place before, during and after the Civil War. That doesn't mean Scarlett O'Hara was a real person.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You're simply groping.
..and you have no answer.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
lost soul like you isn't expected to understand.
There's that christian logic again...... LMFAO@you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>..and you have no answer.
None that you will like.

Matthew 13:49-50 (NASB)
49 "So it will be at the end of the age; the angels will come forth and take out the wicked from among the righteous, 50 and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

“... from a ...”

Since: Mar 09

GREAT HEIGHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Came and went.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't see the forest for the Trees. Israel is back. The Mark is stalking you. This world is rapidly falling apart.
21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be.
Seek medical treatment.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
...and somehow you think that proves the existence of an after-life? Were you born stupid or did you have to work at it?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
None that you will like.
49 "So it will be at the end of the age; the angels will come forth and take out the wicked from among the righteous, 50 and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
You have no answer. What I "like" is irrelevant. You have failed to prove your case.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
By that logic, most of the bible is not part of the bible.
Maybe you got no logic!
No doubt!!! lol

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
None that you will like.
Circular reasoning. You can't prove that something written in the Bible will take place because the Bible says so. Do you have any tangible evidence that this event will take place any time soon?

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists cannot fathom that truth. They have to pigeonhole Christianity so they can keep thinking they understand it. That is why they freak out when told it is not a religion. They have no concept of a personal relationship with God since they do not !believe in Him.
Well I am not an atheist. I do have a personal relationship with God.

Christianity is a religion. Duh

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
lost soul like you isn't expected to understand.
Then what good are you?

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU need to understand that I couldn't care less what a secular book says about Christianity. You just cannot fathom a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, the God Almighty of Abraham and Isaac and all the prophets. Whether YOU like it or not.
So you admit you have blinders on. Noted.

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
There's still hope for some.
But not for you unless and until God opens your eyes.

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Your unBiblical opinion does not overrule our VERY consistent Bibles. You are clearly biased against the Bible, period.
Show me the original. I'll wait.

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
No answer. Noted.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 6,501 - 6,520 of16,111
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••