Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments
6,501 - 6,520 of 16,105 Comments Last updated Aug 28, 2013
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#7396 Feb 22, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
And that's your opinion.
I don't wish you to go to the eternal fire. It's YOUR choice.
My opinion? Oh really..... I suppose you have evidence of this "afterlife" and "eternal fire?" No, you don't. All you have is wishful thinking.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#7397 Feb 22, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>My opinion? Oh really..... I suppose you have evidence of this "afterlife" and "eternal fire?" No, you don't. All you have is wishful thinking.
You can't see the forest for the Trees. Israel is back. The Mark is stalking you. This world is rapidly falling apart.
Matthew 24:21 (NKJV)
21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#7398 Feb 22, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
This is complete ignorance! Jesus Christ Himself said in rebuttal to satan,,"It is written!" HE LITERALLY believed scripture.
Satan misquoted scripture in his bid to tempt Christ and Christ told him that man does not live by bread alone but by every Word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
Come back when you actually know something.
GONE WITH THE WIND takes place before, during and after the Civil War. That doesn't mean Scarlett O'Hara was a real person.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#7399 Feb 22, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You're simply groping.
..and you have no answer.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#7400 Feb 22, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
lost soul like you isn't expected to understand.
There's that christian logic again...... LMFAO@you.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#7401 Feb 22, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>..and you have no answer.
None that you will like.

Matthew 13:49-50 (NASB)
49 "So it will be at the end of the age; the angels will come forth and take out the wicked from among the righteous, 50 and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#7402 Feb 22, 2013
Came and went.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#7403 Feb 22, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't see the forest for the Trees. Israel is back. The Mark is stalking you. This world is rapidly falling apart.
21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be.
Seek medical treatment.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#7404 Feb 22, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
...and somehow you think that proves the existence of an after-life? Were you born stupid or did you have to work at it?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#7405 Feb 22, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
None that you will like.
49 "So it will be at the end of the age; the angels will come forth and take out the wicked from among the righteous, 50 and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
You have no answer. What I "like" is irrelevant. You have failed to prove your case.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#7406 Feb 22, 2013
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
By that logic, most of the bible is not part of the bible.
Maybe you got no logic!
No doubt!!! lol

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#7407 Feb 22, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
None that you will like.
Circular reasoning. You can't prove that something written in the Bible will take place because the Bible says so. Do you have any tangible evidence that this event will take place any time soon?

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#7408 Feb 22, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists cannot fathom that truth. They have to pigeonhole Christianity so they can keep thinking they understand it. That is why they freak out when told it is not a religion. They have no concept of a personal relationship with God since they do not !believe in Him.
Well I am not an atheist. I do have a personal relationship with God.

Christianity is a religion. Duh

Fort Lauderdale FL

#7409 Feb 22, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
lost soul like you isn't expected to understand.
Then what good are you?

Fort Lauderdale FL

#7410 Feb 22, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU need to understand that I couldn't care less what a secular book says about Christianity. You just cannot fathom a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, the God Almighty of Abraham and Isaac and all the prophets. Whether YOU like it or not.
So you admit you have blinders on. Noted.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#7411 Feb 22, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
There's still hope for some.
But not for you unless and until God opens your eyes.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#7412 Feb 22, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Your unBiblical opinion does not overrule our VERY consistent Bibles. You are clearly biased against the Bible, period.
Show me the original. I'll wait.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#7413 Feb 22, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
No answer. Noted.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#7414 Feb 22, 2013
[QUOTE who="Grandpasmurf952]
Considering that the historical Jesus was born a Jew and conducted his ministry entirely from the Hebrew Scriptures as the Greek scriptures had yet to be written,[/QUOTE]

You should do just a bit more research before you jump to make a claim. Greek was used for the OT centuries before Jesus was born. Google it if you doubt me.

http://www.biblica.com/bibles/faq/11/

However, Greek was the language of scholarship during the years of the composition of the New Testament from 50 to 100 AD. The fact is that many Jews could not even read Hebrew anymore, and this disturbed the Jewish leaders a lot! So, around 300 BC a translation of the Old Testament from Hebrew into Greek was undertaken, and it was completed around 200 BC. Gradually this Greek translation of the Old Testament, called the Septuagint, was widely accepted and was even used in many synagogues. It also became a wonderful missionary tool for the early Christians, for now the Greeks could read God's Word in their own tongue.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Peoples Bushes, Arizona

#7415 Feb 22, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You should do just a bit more research before you jump to make a claim. Greek was used for the OT centuries before Jesus was born. Google it if you doubt me.
http://www.biblica.com/bibles/faq/11/
However, Greek was the language of scholarship during the years of the composition of the New Testament from 50 to 100 AD. The fact is that many Jews could not even read Hebrew anymore, and this disturbed the Jewish leaders a lot! So, around 300 BC a translation of the Old Testament from Hebrew into Greek was undertaken, and it was completed around 200 BC. Gradually this Greek translation of the Old Testament, called the Septuagint, was widely accepted and was even used in many synagogues. It also became a wonderful missionary tool for the early Christians, for now the Greeks could read God's Word in their own tongue.
And along those lines.... I find it amusing that when Mel Gibson (a man I loathe) made his movie "The Passion Of The Christ", he promoted the so-called "fact" that the movie was SO "authentic" that he used teh original ancient languages that the characters spoke, i.e. the common Jews spoke Aramaic, the Jewish priests spoke Hebrew, and the Romans spoke Latin. OOPS ! That made as much sense as having the Roman characters speak Korean. For teh language of teh Roman Empire at that time, was GREEK. NOT Latin.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 6 min KiMare 49,542
Gay marriage opponents take lower profile 40 min eJohn 8
C.J.: Former WCCO-TV anchor Don Shelby to perfo... 2 hr defending the-bib... 1
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 8 hr ALL ABOUT THE FRE... 31,202
3 states, plaintiffs want Supreme Court to hear... 9 hr nhjeff 14
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 12 hr KiMare 24,895
Protester storms Families meeting 13 hr Fa-Foxy 4
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••