Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,105

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Full Story

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#7375 Feb 22, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
What about Maccabbees? It introduces the false doctrine of purgatory. Therefore it is not a part of the bible.
Yes, it is.
Kool-aid Heaven

Alpharetta, GA

#7376 Feb 22, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
I happen to know this site is a branch of Herbert W. Armstrong of the Worldwide Church of God, a cult. You have no idea what you linked to. No surprise though, you just ain't right bright.
If you were a church-going person; what denomination would your church be?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#7377 Feb 22, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Sanity does.
Try it.
Yeah right, being drugged up by the association of suicidal criminals.

Location hidden

#7378 Feb 22, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Name one person you have "snatched out of the fire" on these boards.
That's what I thought. You're useless. If anything, you push people away from God because your behavior is so ugly and so opposite of Him.
You serve no useful purpose.
There's still hope for some.

Location hidden

#7379 Feb 22, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
So? Mistranslations are irrelevant, the only thing that matters is what the original said.
One of the early English vernacular Bibles included the commandment "Thou shalt commit adultery". Are we to assume that during the time that these Bibles were in circulation, adultery was required of all married couples?
Your unBiblical opinion does not overrule our VERY consistent Bibles. You are clearly biased against the Bible, period.

Location hidden

#7380 Feb 22, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
The buy-bull indicates the earth is flat.
It claims there were day and night, and plants growing before there was a sun.
Next.
No proof.

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#7381 Feb 22, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
This is complete ignorance! Jesus Christ Himself said in rebuttal to satan,,"It is written!" HE LITERALLY believed scripture.
Satan misquoted scripture in his bid to tempt Christ and Christ told him that man does not live by bread alone but by every Word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
Come back when you actually know something.
Here familiarize yourself with this and than you will actually know something:

http://www.beingjewish.com/basics/satan.html

Considering that the historical Jesus was born a Jew and conducted his ministry entirely from the Hebrew Scriptures as the Greek scriptures had yet to be written, if you reject the Jewish understanding of Satan, you reject the Jewish Jesus.

Rejecting the historical Jesus and what he built his teachings on is true ignorance.

There is just to much material that is easily accessible to excuse your ignorance in defense of the hate based hoax of Christianity.

Paul preaches judgment

Jesus preaches unconditional LOVE

We all need to get informed as to the evil nature of the Roman hoax of Christianity and it's many derivatives that deny the Jewish GOD and the Jewish Jesus and get involved in restoring true Christianity based on the OMNIPRESENT GOD of Israel to humanity that is even now being found to be in accord with the latest scientific findings concerning the nature of the Cosmos!

GOD is LOVE. WE are ALL ONE WITH GOD, even the unloving!

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

#7382 Feb 22, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>

In Canada ministers had the freedom of religion to marry or not marry same sex couples at one time. Even after Canada allowed same sex marriage and homosexual rights, ministers could still refuse to wed same sex couples. Now a law demands that if you're a religious minister and can legally wed couples, as a minister in Canada they now by law HAVE TO WED OPPOSITE SEX AND SAME SEX COUPLES.
And you don't think that won't happen here in the US? lolol.... people use to claim the US government and or state governments would never allow same sex marriages....lolol....
What law in Canada requires that and where exactly are you getting that information?

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

#7384 Feb 22, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
This is complete ignorance! Jesus Christ Himself said in rebuttal to satan,,"It is written!" HE LITERALLY believed scripture.
Satan misquoted scripture in his bid to tempt Christ and Christ told him that man does not live by bread alone but by every Word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
Let's see, should I quote a well educated and respected religious scholar or an angry old man on the internet who's a total nobody?

I'll go with well educated and respected religious scholar.

You are dismissed.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#7385 Feb 22, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm laughing at your utter ignorance.
Christians do that? I'm not sure that's the best way to bring souls to Christ, but hey, it's your choice.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#7386 Feb 22, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
lost soul like you isn't expected to understand.
Again, not so winsome and welcoming ...

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#7387 Feb 22, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
What about Maccabbees? It introduces the false doctrine of purgatory. Therefore it is not a part of the bible.
See? Called it. How do you know the doctrine of purgatory is false? A Catholic could just as easily say that the Protestant version of the Bible is incomplete because it lacks Maccabbees. How does one objectively resolve this difference?

Location hidden

#7388 Feb 22, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
REAL Christianity is a personal relationship with Christ Jesus.....being born again into the family of God........being forgiven from all of our sins and made righteous through the shed BLOOD of Jesus.........we are saved children of the living God......
TRUE Christianity is not a "religion" at all.
So that is how you excuse your actions?

Location hidden

#7389 Feb 22, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
You really should read the information from this link:
http://rcg.org/books/wdbam.html
It really doesn't agree with your position!!!
Wow, that link can be used as a textbook of heresies! lol

Good one. Thank you.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#7390 Feb 22, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
No proof.
Are domes spheres? Are tents spheres? If the firmament were spread out over the Earth like a dome or tent, that means there is a flat surface over which the firmament was extended.

Why would Satan have taken Jesus to the top of a mountain to see all the kingdoms of the world? If the implication was that the world was flat, that would make sense. However, if the implication is that Satan used some sort of magic to show all the kingdoms on a spherical Earth, there's no reason that couldn't have been done where they started out instead.

Also, Daniel 4:10-11. How is it possible for a tree, no matter the height, to be visible from the opposite side of a spherical planet? Using a flat Earth model, this story makes sense. Using a spherical Earth model, it's complete rubbish.

And, that doesn't even take into account all the other cosmological nonsense, like the stars being attached to the firmament, or the windows it has for rain to fall through, or the warehouses of snow and hail. You do believe the Bible literally, though, right? The sky is a solid dome that encases the Earth, to which the stars are attached (though not very well), and rain falls to the Earth via windows in the sky, and water and snow and hail are stored in vast warehouses up there until they're chosen to fall, yes? Or, is the Bible wrong about that?

Location hidden

#7391 Feb 22, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose I could do as you and decide which books in the Bible aren't cannon and which are as you have done. But to debate the Bible, it is wise to debate the books that are in and have been accepted as cannon even if you're in disagreement, just saying.
Next, Paul was a persecutor of Jesus and his gang. Paul admitted that. For all we know Paul could have been one of the priests that were involved in the framing of Jesus and sending him to prison.
So it could well be for his persecutions of Jesus and his gang, that Paul might have had a better understanding of Jesus's doctrines/teachings than maybe Jesus's own disciples had an understanding of.
That said, you can't logically exclude what Paul had to say of Jesus and his teachings just because he became a witness after the death of Jesus when debating what is contained in the Bible. I mean you can do that but it isn't logical unless all of Paul's words have actually been excluded from the Christian Bible. And they haven't been.
It is "WISE" to look at how, and by whom, the canon was set and start evaluation from there.

Location hidden

#7392 Feb 22, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it would be if the Harry Potter story and the Hunger Games story were over 1600 years old.
In that case there is no evidence of the Bible except for some people, some history and geographical areas being proved as having existed. All the rest is supposition. To dismiss something in the Bible because you disagree with it isn't logical at all. Disagreeing with something in the Bible as having been proved false and not correct is logical.
Umm not. Paul did live when Jesus lived so declares the writings of Paul whether you like them or not. Paul persecuted Jesus's followers. Most people that persecute a religion, most have a good amount of knowledge of what they disbelieve and persecute. They use that information to condemn those believing in that religion to show their heretics of the real true religion which Paul was a member of at one time. So it is highly possible that Paul had met his adversary one or more times. And I don't claim it happened. I claim it possibly happened. Paul contradicts what's in the Bible? The Bible authors contradict themselves and each other as well many times. It wouldn't be wise to just specify Paul as contradictory.
According to my opinion of what I have read, Jesus added to the laws of Moses. As far as dietary laws and such I think he left it up to his followers to continue in those laws or not to.
The "gospel of John" and the "gospel of Judas" are about the same age in their finished forms.

Location hidden

#7393 Feb 22, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever notice that, first, he only quoted the prophets and, second, his reply is a mirror rebuttal against an "it is written" offered by the temptation.

In other places, Yeshua is recorded as refuting and contradicting "scripture".

By the way, I'm still waiting for the specific KOINE word that denotes "religious/sacred writings" as opposed to just plain old "writings".

Location hidden

#7394 Feb 22, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jewish, Orthodox, Coptic, Tewahedo and RCC will be SO disappointed to hear that you don't approve.

(derisive snicker)

Location hidden

#7395 Feb 22, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Are domes spheres? Are tents spheres? If the firmament were spread out over the Earth like a dome or tent, that means there is a flat surface over which the firmament was extended.
Why would Satan have taken Jesus to the top of a mountain to see all the kingdoms of the world? If the implication was that the world was flat, that would make sense. However, if the implication is that Satan used some sort of magic to show all the kingdoms on a spherical Earth, there's no reason that couldn't have been done where they started out instead.
Also, Daniel 4:10-11. How is it possible for a tree, no matter the height, to be visible from the opposite side of a spherical planet? Using a flat Earth model, this story makes sense. Using a spherical Earth model, it's complete rubbish.
And, that doesn't even take into account all the other cosmological nonsense, like the stars being attached to the firmament, or the windows it has for rain to fall through, or the warehouses of snow and hail. You do believe the Bible literally, though, right? The sky is a solid dome that encases the Earth, to which the stars are attached (though not very well), and rain falls to the Earth via windows in the sky, and water and snow and hail are stored in vast warehouses up there until they're chosen to fall, yes? Or, is the Bible wrong about that?
You're simply groping.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christian Pastors Given Choice: Perform Same-Se... 3 min Liam R 128
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 6 min WasteWater 25,292
GOP Congressional Candidate: Gay Couples Are 'G... 21 min Currywurst 11
Miss. ban on same-sex marriage challenged in... 41 min Foster 14
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 50,603
Democrats praise Republican judge on gay marria... 8 hr EdmondWA 155
Catholic bishops drop moves to accept gays 11 hr Mitt s Santorum S... 35

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE