Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments (Page 312)

Showing posts 6,221 - 6,240 of16,111
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>You have the truth? Really? Or do you just believe that you have it?
You don't know anything about my life, bucko, but I know all about yours. No one will talk to you except at church. You have no education and no sense.
Thank for confirming that you father is Satan the liar. You have nothing. You are a proven liar.

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

And these will go away into eternal punishment .. but the righteous into eternal life

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, how will you verify your statement? Are you going to follow this person beyond the grave and then report back to us? No, you're not. You just use this as an excuse.
I'll follow Jesus and He said His angels will find you:

Matthew 13:49-50 (NASB)
49 "So it will be at the end of the age; the angels will come forth and take out the wicked from among the righteous, 50 and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
"We're on an express elevator to Hell ! GOIN DOWN !" WOO-HOO !
:)
Yeah, it's fun until you get there.

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Their destiny is destruction .. their god is their stomach .. and their glory is in their shame .. their mind is on earthly things

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

and the smoke of their torment rises for ever and ever .. There is no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and his image

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing .. To the one we are the smell of death .. to the other .. the fragrance of life

“... from a ...”

Since: Mar 09

GREAT HEIGHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Galatians 1:1 (NASB)
1 PAUL, an apostle (not sent from men nor through the agency of man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised Him from the dead),
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

snyper wrote:
Are you void of saying what you mean??? Is youtube your savior?

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
btw, I used to live in Huntington, West Virginia on 15th Street for a couple of years.
:)
that explains a lot

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
But I'm not wrong. You will soon lose everything. You prove that you don't even have a life now. That's why you're here mocking God.
You can lie to yourself all you want, but I have a great life - husband, home - AND God.

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone will learn, even you:
Hebrews 10:31 (NASB)
31 It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
Your god is a phoney.
Since you can't prove the authenticity of that quote...

Dismissed.

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
But I do think for myself. That's why I realize this world is perishing and without hope.
Reposted for effect and ridicule LOL

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's right after Lot has sex with his daughters and then says: Pass the salt, please.
And that's why salt is bad for you. LOL.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
You can lie to yourself all you want, but I have a great life - husband, home - AND God.
Which God????????? You don't even know.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Dismissed.
It is throughout the Bible. Read the Bible and be saved.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Sola Scriptura wrote:
For you to think one is born with specific attractions says you think one is born gay or not.
God told mankind to procreate and multiply. Can a gay do that? Would God let a same sex attraction be inherent in someone? You seem to think so.
All of ones life is made up of choices. For you to say a "true" homosexual is not true. That would mean they are born that way. The thing of it is is this. When one is forgiven of homosexuality, lesbianism or bi-sexuality, that is it. They are no longer gay les or bi. They are a new creature in Christ and to say they continue being gay is to deny the power of Christ's forgiveness.
Umm, you need to get a grip on this fact if you believe in God. God used what we call science to establish all that exists. God is science and science is God even if the two can't be explained, understand? God, according to Genesis created all things by a time line we have no comprehension of.
Next fact, all of us living things on this earth are animals. We all have many similarities because God created all living things from himself. God created all living things with an attraction. But the fact is that some in each specie existing have 'cross-attractions' that don't align themselves with the 'normal' way attractions happen for the most of that specie, including humans. Since God created all things, he also factually created variances for his own purposes.
Example: remember the man born blind? Remember what the answer was for why he was born blind when most are born with eye sight? He was born blind for God's purposes, not ours.
Well the Bible is specific that God made man and woman so that the man would leave his parents and find a woman to be his wife so hopefully they would do as their parents and have off spring. Well most in that situation are born with an attraction to the opposite sex. Having been born with that attraction helps them complete that commandment if they follow God's way.
But, but some are not born with a normal attraction to the opposite sex. Some are born with an attraction to the same sex. And that was done for God's purposes even if we don't understand it, just as people are born blind and we don't understand it.
So the fact remains that most all of us are born with an attraction. The choices we make concerning that attraction is a choice, that is true. Consider those that are born with opposite sex attraction and make a choice not to have relationships or kids! Consider those that are born with opposite sex attraction and make a choice to have relationships but won't have children! Consider those born with opposite sex attraction that choose to have many relationships with many women and have many children!
Yes, how we act upon our attraction to others is a choice. And God has allowed some with different attractions then the rest and that isn't an abnormal issue as any other issue of the same thing concerning sexual attractions.
In Genesis it's quite evident God wants the male to leave his parents and to find a female to establish a long term relationship with in hopes they'll have children. But he has left it up to us to obey that command or not to obey it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Dismissed.
Since it's in nearly every English Bible, you can't 'disprove' it.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
He's just a jealous idiot. He's using the bible to feel special and to condem everybody for what his parents couldn't give him.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Reposted for effect and ridicule LOL
"effect and ridicule LOL" means?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 6,221 - 6,240 of16,111
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••