Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments
6,201 - 6,220 of 16,105 Comments Last updated Aug 28, 2013

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#7087 Feb 19, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen you dumbass, stop trying to be something you ain't. Even if the original manuscripts existed, YOUR illiterate ass couldn't read them.
The KJV is the closest thing we have.
omg this idiot actually believes the KJV is the closest thing we have to the original bible!!!

What a frickin moron!!

p.s. How can you tell it is accurate unless you can compare it to the original?

Who has the original, moron?!

Fort Lauderdale FL

#7088 Feb 19, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
No you weren't. You chose to be a gay. An abomination, you chose it.
Look, if I chose to be gay, I'd say so. Why wouldn't I?

I was born gay. A fact of life.

Why are you so hung up on this? It makes no difference to the law whether something is chosen or not.

Maybe you'd better find some other justification for your prejudice, loser.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#7089 Feb 19, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
The easiest way to get under their skin is to tell the biblical truth. They can't take it, much less understand it.
You don't have it.

Where is the original?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#7090 Feb 19, 2013
Logic Lessons 4 Fundies wrote:
<quoted text>
He will need to save himself before he can save you
Jesus is my Savior. God in the flesh.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#7091 Feb 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I'll have at least as much as you when you die.
No honey.. Im rich! I have have friends and love.. Im filthy rich with them!

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#7092 Feb 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
By "fundie" you mean Bible believers.
Nope.. learn ya sumpthin.. it means bullshit believers. and YOUR bible is full of bullshit. Other here have bibles that arent full of that.

Location hidden

#7093 Feb 19, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>No honey.. Im rich! I have have friends and love.. Im filthy rich with them!
Are you their savior? Are they yours? Are you all gonna die? You're not rich, you're dirt poor.

“The Topix Legend of GS!”

Since: Sep 10

Yunited States, North America

#7094 Feb 19, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>No honey.. Im rich! I have have friends and love.. Im filthy rich with them!
You do enjoy bashing gays and I now have the proof.

On February 19, 13, Troth for Leogere wrote:
> LMAO.. my gaydar was SPOT on! I got your number..
>
> truth sucks doesnt it?
>
> Oh.. btw, the mods know quite well about my support for my daughter and how
> nasty i'll get in defending her being gay.. Dont you even play that game!
> its WELL documented.

I am not gay but yet you seem to feel it sucks to be gay well I will not tolerate your hatred of gays and will point this out every time you do it. Your daughter may very well be gay however it proves beyond a shadow of a doubt how you truly feel about gays if you think they are gay well the PM speaks for itself.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#7095 Feb 19, 2013
GodSmacked wrote:
<quoted text>
You do enjoy bashing gays and I now have the proof.
On February 19, 13, Troth for Leogere wrote:
> LMAO.. my gaydar was SPOT on! I got your number..
>
> truth sucks doesnt it?
>
> Oh.. btw, the mods know quite well about my support for my daughter and how
> nasty i'll get in defending her being gay.. Dont you even play that game!
> its WELL documented.
I am not gay but yet you seem to feel it sucks to be gay well I will not tolerate your hatred of gays and will point this out every time you do it. Your daughter may very well be gay however it proves beyond a shadow of a doubt how you truly feel about gays if you think they are gay well the PM speaks for itself.
Sweetie.. your cover got blown.. give it up now.. your crap isnt selling anymore.
Its awful when the cloak you hide behind got torn away.. you can be honest now.. it doesnt hurt ya know..

#7096 Feb 19, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>Sweetie.. your cover got blown.. give it up now.. your crap isnt selling anymore.
Its awful when the cloak you hide behind got torn away.. you can be honest now.. it doesnt hurt ya know..
I am not gay nor am I a dragqueen however using it in a demeaning way as you have so vividly done proves you are a gay bashing bigot.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#7097 Feb 19, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Your two cents isn't worth two cents. I knew it was wrong and I also knew I could choose so I CHOSE girls. Nothing bi about it. I was forgiven and I have NO sexual feelings toward the same sex. Most gays today KNOW it is wrong but they choose to continue being gay. Why is there so much guilt and anxiety tied to being gay?
Now, are you going to say the sacrifice of Christ was capable of delivering me from homosexuality, or bi sexual?
I don't know if I said I actually ENJOYED it or not. Did I? Does a 12 yesar old know these things? Maybe, maybe not. I just know I am not bi.
LOL. If you would just educate yourself, you would understand you are simply straight. It is not uncommon for straight boys to do what you did at that age. That does not mean you were gay or bi, and it certainly doesn't mean you had a choice.

Damn, you are stupid.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#7098 Feb 19, 2013
oh sweety.. you've been had. Sad thing is you dont have a clue as to how you've been had.. but it IS karma! Now give these fine folks here some quiet.. your meltdown is embarrassing, especially to the GLBTQI community.. They dont know how much of a judas you are!

Fort Lauderdale FL

#7099 Feb 19, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhhh, you don't have a clue as to what you are talking about. A gay chooses whether or not to be gay. Same as bi or lesbian.
Homosexuality, lesbianism or bi is an abomiantion to God. It IS a choice. While everyone is born with the propensity to sin, whether or not it is acted upon is the choice of the individual.
Your explanation is a textbook explanation by the secular world. God says turn from your wicked ways and live. Meaning, CHOOSE YE THIS DAY WHO YOU WILL FOLLOW.
Why did Christ die on the cross? To save mankind from hell, from the deserved judgment that we all deserve. For you to think one is born with specific attractions says you think one is born gay or not.
God told mankind to procreate and multiply. Can a gay do that? Would God let a same sex attraction be inherent in someone? You seem to think so.
All of ones life is made up of choices. For you to say a "true" homosexual is not true. That would mean they are born that way. The thing of it is is this. When one is forgiven of homosexuality, lesbianism or bi-sexuality, that is it. They are no longer gay les or bi. They are a new creature in Christ and to say they continue being gay is to deny the power of Christ's forgiveness.
Damn, you are stupid.

So let's shoot your little theory to hell. Explain this:

I was 12 when I realized I had sexual feelings for other boys, but not for girls (at all.)

I did not act on those feelings.

I was already very in tune with God, which is very unusual for a child of that age.

I told no one. I only prayed. I prayed faithfully for the next 12 years, all while having nothing to do with other males in that way, all while "trying" to be straight, dating girls, etc. etc.

After 12 years of sincere prayer, I realized God was not going to change me. Other prayers were answered during that time, not that one.

Now you go ahead and explain that, if you think it's so easy, stupid.

#7100 Feb 19, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
oh sweety.. you've been had. Sad thing is you dont have a clue as to how you've been had.. but it IS karma! Now give these fine folks here some quiet.. your meltdown is embarrassing, especially to the GLBTQI community.. They dont know how much of a judas you are!
TROTH you are truly a hypocrite when it comes to gays.

Location hidden

#7101 Feb 19, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
Oh sweety, Hell fire awaits you unless you repent.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#7102 Feb 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. You will soon have NOTHING, including your pitiful life.
You have the truth? Really? Or do you just believe that you have it?

You don't know anything about my life, bucko, but I know all about yours. No one will talk to you except at church. You have no education and no sense.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#7103 Feb 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, how will you verify your statement? Are you going to follow this person beyond the grave and then report back to us? No, you're not. You just use this as an excuse.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Peoples Bushes, Arizona

#7104 Feb 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
"We're on an express elevator to Hell ! GOIN DOWN !" WOO-HOO !

:)

Location hidden

#7105 Feb 19, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>You have the truth? Really? Or do you just believe that you have it?
You don't know anything about my life, bucko, but I know all about yours. No one will talk to you except at church. You have no education and no sense.
Thank for confirming that you father is Satan the liar. You have nothing. You are a proven liar.

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#7106 Feb 19, 2013
And these will go away into eternal punishment .. but the righteous into eternal life

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 states, plaintiffs want Supreme Court to hear... 44 min Fa-Foxy 7
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr BoDidHe 49,477
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 5 hr KiMare 24,881
In the shade: Shade Redondo under construction ... 6 hr Veronica 2
Refusal to sell wedding gowns to lesbian couple... 8 hr TomInElPaso 151
Together 48 years, couple fights NC marriage ban 11 hr may 5
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 12 hr Wondering Why 31,195
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••