Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments (Page 293)

Showing posts 5,841 - 5,860 of16,105
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
What sexual orientation were 'you' born with?
I was born a male with CHOICES. I CHOSE women.

You chose perversion.

When I was around 12 or so I fooled around a bit with the same sex but chose females and have absolutley no regrets. Now, I know you perverts will call me bi but you are nothing but perverts and I know what I am.

God has forgiven me of the abomination of homosexuality and He will you too if you ask.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Donate your computer to GOD so he can tell us himself
Read the bible. He WILL tell you.

Since: Dec 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm, God didn't require a sacrifice. God didn't say make a human sacrifice. Jephthah set the guide lines for what would take place, not God.
Next we have the following to contend with which forbid human sacrifices...guess Jephthah was an exception to the rule for following commandments? Hmm?
Deuteronomy 18:10-12
King James Version (KJV)
10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch.
11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the Lord: and because of these abominations the Lord thy God doth drive them out from before thee.
We also have God commanding Abraham to sacrifice Isaac. God wanted to know if Abraham would sacrifice his only son to a cause as he was allowing Jesus to sacrifice his life for humanities. But at the last moment God did what? He stopped Abraham from sacrificing a human life.
If God was so into human sacrifices, I doubt he'd have made a commandment against the practice and he surly wouldn't have stopped Abraham from sacrificing his son. So that leaves the story to be questioned.
No Surprise: "We also have God commanding Abraham to sacrifice Isaac. God wanted to know if Abraham would sacrifice his only son to a cause as he was allowing Jesus to sacrifice his life for humanities"

Bull-loney.

God ordering Abraham to kill his son is hardly equivilant to God ALLOWING His son to sacrifice his life for humanity's sake. Not that either makes any sense WHATSOEVER.

Furthermore, God commanded Abraham to sacrifice Isaac to prove to Satan that Abraham would obey Him, NOT because "God wanted to know if Abraham would" do it!

Really, my dear...."God wanted to KNOW..."? NOT.(God is omnipotent!)
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I can prove it to a rational person.
However whether or not science can prove it is irrelevant. I know it for a fact as well as I know I was born right-handed. Whether you believe me or not doesn't matter, I know it for a fact.
And I don't lie. Lying to someone gives that person power. It necessarily presumes that person can offer consequences based on what is said. You can't offer any consequences; you're nobody. Hence I have no reason to lie to you. And there are other very easy proofs to show gay people en masse cannot possibly be lying. That is statistically improbable if not impossible.
But whether or not I was born gay is not relevant, either. If I wasn't, I would simply say so, and I would continue fighting for equal rights under the law. That doesn't change the argument. Religion is a choice, who cares if sexual orientation if a choice?(p.s. that's one less reason to lie.)
Since the question of this thread is formed in a religious way, I will debate in a religious manner.

The Word of God says homosexuality IS an abomination and that we are NOT born gay. We are born to procreate and to populate the earth. Queers can't do that.

You may not think you lie but you do. You are NOT born gay and no, you CANNOT prove you were.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage= One man, One woman.
You're a perverted reprobate. And evidently your source is a grade school child.
Marriage in the Bible was mostly a property arrangement with the woman as the 'goods'.
lol, Wayne, try again.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the question of this thread is formed in a religious way, I will debate in a religious manner.
The Word of God says homosexuality IS an abomination and that we are NOT born gay. We are born to procreate and to populate the earth. Queers can't do that.
You may not think you lie but you do. You are NOT born gay and no, you CANNOT prove you were.
A HETEROSEXUAL JEWISH RABBI LOOKS AT THE BIBLE'S VIEWPOINT ON HOMOSEXUALITY

HEALING THE SO-CALLED "TEXTS OF TERROR" - A REINTERPRETATION OF THE SUPPOSED PROHIBITION ON HOMOSEXUALITY IN THE HEBREW SCRIPTURES

AS THERE IS NO REASON, BIBLICAL, ETHICAL NOR MORAL, TO CONTINUE TO DENY ANY CIVIL RIGHTS TO GAYS AND LESBIANS, ESPECIALLY IN TODAY'S WORLD. ALL HONORABLE PEOPLE SHOULD STAND IN SUPPORT OF GRANTING EQUALITY OF ALL LEGAL AND CIVIL RIGHTS TO GAYS AND LESBIANS.

As a result of his early teaching to continually wrestle with the Sacred texts and to seek to bring the texts into relevence in the modern world, since 1994, Rabbi Steinberg-Caudill has been seriously involved in a compassionate study of the so-called "anti-homosexual" verses found in the Book of Leviticus. He has searched extensively in the Hebrew Scriptures, in the Dead Sea Scrolls, in both the Jerusalem and Babylonian Talmuds, and in other Jewish historical writings.

With the help of not only his own Jewish sources, but also those of Roman Catholic, Greek Orthodox and Latin Rite linguists and scholars, plus an LDS (Mormon) Biblical Languages student at Emory University, Rabbi Gershon Steinberg-Caudill has also been able to study original translations of the Hebrew, Greek and Latin texts.

This serious study has also involved reviewing the various Biblical manuscripts and translations, Talmudic responsa texts and other materials of a collateral nature to the subject matter being studied; i. e. history, anthropology, archaeology, philology, etymology, etc. It has required, often times, an attempt to reconstruct the ancient mindset of the pre-Babylonian conquest (586 BCE) Israelite people.

As a result of this serious research, Rabbi Steinberg-Caudill is completely convinced that THE ORIGINAL HEBREW TEXTS OF THE TORAH (the Hebrew Chumash - the Five Books of Moses) HAD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO SAY CONCERNING HOMOSEXUALITY AS WE UNDERSTAND THE TERM "HOMOSEXUALITY" TO MEAN IN TODAYS WORLD!
http://home.earthlink.net/~ecorebbe/id18.html
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Marriage in the Bible was mostly a property arrangement with the woman as the 'goods'.
lol, Wayne, try again.
You're a liar Nettie and biblically illiterate.

asProve what you just said. Biblically, don't copy and paste your catholic dogmas.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
All three year old children are liars. Fascinating. Your understanding of humanity nearly equals your understanding of the Bible.
Pretty much all children are liars. You are one of those "My little darling is an angel" while the little brat is pissing in the milk.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>You have a seriously screwed up outlook on people in general. First off, people are born gay. Secondly, three year olds are not liars.
BS. You just proved you are not qualified to debate the issues.
But gays have problems with ANYTHING that proves them as a silly twit. Read the following if you can.

http://www.parenting.com/article/why-kids-lie...

Daddy puts on your bras sometimes," my then 4-year-old said nonchalantly as I tried on lingerie in a department store dressing room.

"Excuse me? When?" I asked, astonished.

"When you're asleep," she replied -- and proceeded to describe how, early Saturday mornings, he'd slip a bra over his T-shirt and then jump on our mini-trampoline. She stuck to her tale so adamantly that later that day, I sheepishly asked my schoolteacher husband if he'd ever jokingly held one of my lacy underthings up to his chest (he hadn't).

We laughed, but I felt unsettled. Lying to avoid punishment or to get an extra piece of pie -- that I could understand. But Lillian was lying frequently, for kicks, and she'd never admit that a made-up story wasn't true. Should I insist on honesty, I wondered, lest she develop into a pathological liar? Or let it slide, to avoid crushing her creativity?

The latter, apparently: The experts I quizzed about Lillian's tale were unfazed. "There's nothing wrong with her telling it," says Michael Brody, M.D., a child psychiatrist in Potomac, Maryland. "Very young kids don't know the difference between truth and fiction."

In fact, this type of lying can be a sign of good things. "Preschoolers with higher IQ scores are more likely to lie," says Angela Crossman, Ph.D., associate professor of psychology at John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York, who researched the subject. Early lying proficiency may also be linked with good social skills in adolescence.

Of course, not all kids' lies are trivial incidents you can just laugh off -- and you do want to raise a child who values honesty. Knowing the types of untruths kids tell at each stage, and why, can help you gently guide your own toward a level of truthfulness that's appropriate for his age.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Bless The Ignorant wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you being a Paulist, you have no place in judging if a person is a Christian or not. You have absolutely no idea what a Christian is!
Paul taught of a wrathful god of vengeance and eternal hellfire.
Jesus taught of a God of Love and Forgiveness.
You go with Paul and hatefully rant and rave all you want.
The rest of us are here waiting for you, and those like you, to grow up and side with Jesus, the real one, the one that is all about unconditional love. The one you currently despise.
Jesus said God will kill your very soul. And you are a very childish Christian, if you are a Christian at all. You are not knowledgeable enough to understand the writings of Paul. People like you are boring.

Jesus said this. You don't like it? Take it up with Him.

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>Biblical proof?
LMFAO@you. You cannot prove one single word of the Buybull.
I don't have to. You have to DISPROOF it.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't hate RR or you. More than anything I feel sorry for you folks. I have Jesus Christ and I am not hellbound. I can't understand the way you guys think. That's all.
You say you believe I am bound to the lake of fire because I am of Satan. You hate Satan so what other conclusion can I come to but you hate me.
I am not of that Satan dude. Why do you think I am? Why would you guys think my father is Satan?
There are a lot of people on this planet you could more righteously accuse of such things.
Have you read my posts? They are not born from evil.
They are full of deceit. You are a New Age deceiver. You think Jesus Christ was just another man who became enlightened enough to not have to be reincarnated again. You are full of deceit.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said God will kill your very soul. And you are a very childish Christian, if you are a Christian at all. You are not knowledgeable enough to understand the writings of Paul. People like you are boring.
Jesus said this. You don't like it? Take it up with Him.
Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
I have finally figured out your pent up anger, Wayne.
You believe you HAVE to believe this way in order to be a Christian and you hate having to live in fear of going to hell, yet, you figure you HAVE to keep on believing a certain way.
You hate your own faith and it is eating you up inside.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

John from Texas wrote:
"homosexual sexual sex"
That's a lotta sex!
I think I am too old for that much. I better get a good night's sleep.
If you don't see anything wrong with it why don't you indulge? All you gay supporters shouldn't have a problem wit a little casual gay sex.

Hypocrite.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>I have finally figured out your pent up anger, Wayne.
You believe you HAVE to believe this way in order to be a Christian and you hate having to live in fear of going to hell, yet, you figure you HAVE to keep on believing a certain way.
You hate your own faith and it is eating you up inside.
I just figure I must believe ALL of the bible Nettie. Unlike YOU who just picks and chooses and makes up her own faith as she goes. ALL scripture is Gods Word and the Truth.

I bet you are praying your next pope supports gays, aren't you? Tell the truth.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>A HETEROSEXUAL JEWISH RABBI LOOKS AT THE BIBLE'S VIEWPOINT ON HOMOSEXUALITY
HEALING THE SO-CALLED "TEXTS OF TERROR" - A REINTERPRETATION OF THE SUPPOSED PROHIBITION ON HOMOSEXUALITY IN THE HEBREW SCRIPTURES
AS THERE IS NO REASON, BIBLICAL, ETHICAL NOR MORAL, TO CONTINUE TO DENY ANY CIVIL RIGHTS TO GAYS AND LESBIANS, ESPECIALLY IN TODAY'S WORLD. ALL HONORABLE PEOPLE SHOULD STAND IN SUPPORT OF GRANTING EQUALITY OF ALL LEGAL AND CIVIL RIGHTS TO GAYS AND LESBIANS.
As a result of his early teaching to continually wrestle with the Sacred texts and to seek to bring the texts into relevence in the modern world, since 1994, Rabbi Steinberg-Caudill has been seriously involved in a compassionate study of the so-called "anti-homosexual" verses found in the Book of Leviticus. He has searched extensively in the Hebrew Scriptures, in the Dead Sea Scrolls, in both the Jerusalem and Babylonian Talmuds, and in other Jewish historical writings.
With the help of not only his own Jewish sources, but also those of Roman Catholic, Greek Orthodox and Latin Rite linguists and scholars, plus an LDS (Mormon) Biblical Languages student at Emory University, Rabbi Gershon Steinberg-Caudill has also been able to study original translations of the Hebrew, Greek and Latin texts.
This serious study has also involved reviewing the various Biblical manuscripts and translations, Talmudic responsa texts and other materials of a collateral nature to the subject matter being studied; i. e. history, anthropology, archaeology, philology, etymology, etc. It has required, often times, an attempt to reconstruct the ancient mindset of the pre-Babylonian conquest (586 BCE) Israelite people.
As a result of this serious research, Rabbi Steinberg-Caudill is completely convinced that THE ORIGINAL HEBREW TEXTS OF THE TORAH (the Hebrew Chumash - the Five Books of Moses) HAD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO SAY CONCERNING HOMOSEXUALITY AS WE UNDERSTAND THE TERM "HOMOSEXUALITY" TO MEAN IN TODAYS WORLD!
http://home.earthlink.net/~ecorebbe/id18.html
A gay supporting Jew will burn with the gays. Your rabbi has been outed with an agenda of his own. Looks like you would give up on this idiot.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
I just figure I must believe ALL of the bible Nettie. Unlike YOU who just picks and chooses and makes up her own faith as she goes. ALL scripture is Gods Word and the Truth.
I bet you are praying your next pope supports gays, aren't you? Tell the truth.
But, you don't believe all the Bible, Wayne.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
A gay supporting Jew will burn with the gays. Your rabbi has been outed with an agenda of his own. Looks like you would give up on this idiot.
A Catholic Defense of Same Sex Marriage

By Professor Daniel C. Maguire
a Catholic Theologian teaching at Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
maguired@juno.com

The Catholic Church is beginning to rediscover what it once knew; that not all persons are heterosexual, that many people are homosexual and that this is just fine. In the past, the Church accepted homosexuality more openly and even had liturgies to celebrate same sex unions.1 There was a recognition that different sexual orientations are clearly part of God's plan for creation-some people are heterosexual and some are homosexual-this is the way God made us and we have no right to criticize God.

Wherever the human race is found we find persons of differing sexual orientations.(We find the same thing in God's animal kingdom.) Human history shows that some humans have same-sex attractions and unions and others have opposite-sex attractions and unions. The desire to bond lovingly and sexually with persons of the same sex or of the opposite sex, is a fact of life, a fact of God's creation, and we have no right to call it unholy. As the Acts of the Apostles says in the Bible, we have no right to declare unclean anything that God has made (Acts of the Apostles 10:15). To do so, in fact, is a sin.
http://www.religiousconsultation.org/Catholic...
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage= One man, One woman.
You're a perverted reprobate. And evidently your source is a grade school child.
My source is the scanned 1611 Authorized King James Bible; sugar
It was written in Middle English; but is still easy to read and understand; even for fundies
Marriage is a covenant two people make when their souls become knit as one; just like GOD says in the Bible:
++++++++++
1 Samuel 18 :1> And it came to passe when hee made an ende of speaking vnto Saul, that the soule of Ionathan was knit with the soule of Dauid, and Ionathan loued him as his owne soule.
1 Samuel 18:3> Then Ionathan and Dauid made a couenant, because he loued him as his owne soule.
1 Samuel 18:4> And Ionathan stript himselfe of the robe that was vpon him, and gaue it to Dauid, and his garments, euen to his sword, and to his bow, and to his girdle.
1 Samuel 20:41> And assoone as the ladde was gone, Dauid arose out of a place toward the South, and fell on his face to the ground, and bowed himselfe three times: and they kissed one another, and wept one with another, vntill Dauid exceeded.
1 Samuel 20:42> And Ionathan said to Dauid, Goe in peace, forasmuch as wee haue sworne both of vs in the Name of the Lord, saying; The Lord be betweene me and thee, and betweene my seede and thy seede for euer. And hee arose, and departed: and Ionathan went into the citie.
2 Samuel 1:25> How are the mightie fallen in the midst of the battell! O Ionathan, thou wast slaine in thine high places.
2 Samuel 1:26> I am distressed for thee, my brother Ionathan, very pleasant hast thou beene vnto mee: thy loue to mee was wonderfull, passing the loue of women.
++++++++++

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't see anything wrong with it why don't you indulge? All you gay supporters shouldn't have a problem wit a little casual gay sex.
Hypocrite.
You're a real piece of work, old man.
Having flashbacks?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,841 - 5,860 of16,105
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••