Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,104

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Full Story

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#6565 Feb 16, 2013
tickedoffchic wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, no it didn't.
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_fundam...
Start learning.
Every Christian SHOULD be a fundamentalist, which is someone who holds to the fundamentals of the Christian faith.

Jesus was crystal clear on what will happen to the lukewarm church, He will SPEW (vomit, puke) them out of His mouth. "So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth." Rev 3:16

You people might want to actually read the bible instead of relying on wiki articles for your Christian education, lol.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#6566 Feb 16, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Every Christian SHOULD be a fundamentalist, which is someone who holds to the fundamentals of the Christian faith.
Jesus was crystal clear on what will happen to the lukewarm church, He will SPEW (vomit, puke) them out of His mouth. "So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth." Rev 3:16
You people might want to actually read the bible instead of relying on wiki articles for your Christian education, lol.
You think you take beliefs straight from the Bible; in fact, the Bible is used to substantiate already-held beliefs.
Fundamentalists know little other than the Bible, which they know only selectively. They know little Church history, little formal theology.

You say that the Bible was intended to be the sole rule of faith. The Bible makes no such claim—in fact, it denies it (1 Cor. 11:2, 2 Thess. 2:15, 2 Tim. 2:2, 2 Pet. 1:20, 3:15-16).

It was the Church that formed the Bible, not the Bible that formed the Church. The New Testament wasn’t designed as a catechism. It was written to people who were already Christians, so it couldn’t have been intended as the sole source of religious teaching. In the early years, teaching was oral and was under the authority of the Church, which also decided which books belonged in the Bible and which did not.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#6567 Feb 16, 2013
Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't accept your word for the fact that you were born gay, but we're supposed to take his word that he's a born-again christian.
These fundies are intellectually bankrupt.
bingo!

Fort Lauderdale FL

#6568 Feb 16, 2013
Phd One Million 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, you have proven that you are a liar. You live in Florida and lie about being married. Enough said.
No matter where I live, we are married.

We got married, therefore we are married.

Our ceremony was in 2007 in New Jersey.

Since New Jersey only considers that a "civil union" (we and our Reverend and our families and friends all consider that our wedding day) we also went out to California a few months later and got legally married. Despite prop 8, ours is grandfathered, therefore we are legally married in addition to our wedding ceremony.

No matter where we live, we are married. The only question is whether state/local governments recognize it (for now) which will never change the fact that we are married.

This is the last time I will explain that to you. Should you choose to ignore it, you can just go to hell.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#6569 Feb 16, 2013
Phd One Million 1 wrote:
<quoted text>No gayfoo, I said born gay not gay behavior. Holding hands to gays is being gay.
Not one mammal has ever been found to have a gay sexual orientation from birth.
Now that we know who you are, this is far less interesting.

You seriously need to get a life.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#6570 Feb 16, 2013
Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>
You are HILARIOUS! So much bullshit in one post. You aren't even embarrassed for trying to pass this shit off, are ya?
"Most left handed people still operate from the wrong side of the brain, which causes them to shift their writing to the right side" hahahahahahah .... too damn funny. Almost as funny as this gem: "You are right handed because the natural state of humans is to be right handed." We would LOVE to see your proof of this, little boy.
"Oh yeah, we can also prove that gays are mentally ill, which is why scientists argue function and distress." hahahahahahah This one is a show stopper for stupid fundie tricks. The syntax is SO poor it doesn't even make any sense.
And this: "It is also natural for the eyes to be equal, but some times folks have a dominant eye." EVERYONE has a dominant eye, you uneducated lying shit-for-brains.
You're a third rate bullshit artist.
Thank you! I did not have the patience to dissect all that. Great job.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#6572 Feb 16, 2013
Phd One Million 1 wrote:
<quoted text>sO, IDIOT, you can't see out of one eye and you can not use it like you have lack with your left hand? Are you really this dumb or are you pretending. I bet you walk on one leg too and only use one ear. Wow, idiot!!!!!!!!!
This is too funny. You are borderline retarded and you think you're winning!! LOL.

Frickin moron.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#6575 Feb 16, 2013
Tims Shield wrote:
<quoted text>In other words freak, you are not married, you are just dr butt humping a man. Sad sex marriage was not legal in California in 2007. A man can claim that he is married to a same sex dog, but that only proves you are sick. You are in Florida so you are not married and the federal government does not recognize your deviant freak show so go piss in a gay butt.
You can explain it to your own mom, perhaps she will buy your gay lie. We are here to laugh and explain to you. You are not married, you are a butt hunter period.
I guess you missed the part about 'A FEW MONTHS LATER.'

Frickin moron.

We were married in September of 2007 in New Jersey, and then again in California in July of 2008. OK so that's more than "a few" months. So sue me.

If none of them were legal, we are married. A tree is a tree even if the government doesn't recognize it as a tree. Reality is reality. We were married, therefore we are married.

You'll just have to deal with that, bitch.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#6576 Feb 16, 2013
Tims Shield wrote:
<quoted text>You are straight up retarded gay. Deep rooted in your mommy issues. Frickin gay.
Yes, I am gay. Brilliant observation for a moron like you.

And you are yet again the same loser with a new name.

Find somebody else to give you attention, closet case.
Virgin First Fruit

Alpharetta, GA

#6582 Feb 16, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a bit of humour on your part right?:)
See, an active gay man wouldn't be a virgin any more than an active heterosexual man would be a virgin. Understand?
So the logic of your interpretation is that any one of any sexual orientation that's a virgin and has never been defiled by sexual activity will be the first fruits to be redeemed :)
No
Only gay men go to heaven
Women (effeminates) do 'not' go to heaven back in 1 Corinthians
++++++++++
1 Corinthians 6:9> Know yee not that the vnrighteous shall not inherite the kingdome of God? Be not deceiued: neither fornicatours, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselues with mankinde,
1 Corinthians 6:10> Nor theeues, nor couetous, nor drunkards, nor reuilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
++++++++++
Virgin First Fruit

Alpharetta, GA

#6583 Feb 16, 2013
Tims Shield wrote:
<quoted text>YOU RFALLY AE AN ATHEIST. IF YOU HAVE NO FOUNDATION IN THE BIBLE, THEN YOUR BELIEFS ARE NO MORE VALID THAN HOMOSEXUALITY AND SATANISM. This explains your support for both and why your mom is in hell. Sucks, but true.
The Bible was formed from scripture, get it right loser. It was Christ who said "it is written". The word of God, the Bible was formed on the first day that god said "Let there be light and let men and women be straight".
Your 'bible' is not true to the original
That's why you snarl and screech
http://m0.i.pbase.com/o6/04/318004/1/73285000...
Virgin First Fruit

Alpharetta, GA

#6584 Feb 16, 2013
Tims Shield wrote:
<quoted text>Hey sock freak. Don't post to me idiot.
You are the retarded gay who thinks that some one other than another gay tard will buy your gay tales.
You don't even know who your dad is, so you picked any man and had a ceremonial. Do you call that freak "daddy"?
Sir; your TOPIX Terms of Service requires you to be polite and respectful
Are you polite and respectful?
Sir Doctor

Anonymous Proxy

#6585 Feb 16, 2013
Virgin First Fruit wrote:
<quoted text>
Sir; your TOPIX Terms of Service requires you to be polite and respectful
Are you polite and respectful?
Excuse you. When you say that gay men are going to heaven, that is disrespectful to even the gay men. Now, go back in your rat hole.

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

Del Valle, TX

#6586 Feb 17, 2013
Sir Doctor wrote:
<quoted text>Excuse you. When you say that gay men are going to heaven, that is disrespectful to even the gay men. Now, go back in your rat hole.
What's up Doc?
How did you get to be such a dipshitbrain less than human bonehead?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#6587 Feb 17, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Most of the other supporting sources are not yet available for linking online. A quick check of the footnotes at the bottom of most wiki articles is sufficient to supply both credence and a path for further study.

When it comes to Ecclesiology, the wiki article is clear enough, cover most of the important points, and it's links to related concepts are equally sufficient.

Again, the "Apocalypse of John" is not what you've been told that it is.

Learn.

Location hidden

#6588 Feb 17, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>You think you take beliefs straight from the Bible; in fact, the Bible is used to substantiate already-held beliefs.
Fundamentalists know little other than the Bible, which they know only selectively. They know little Church history, little formal theology.
You say that the Bible was intended to be the sole rule of faith. The Bible makes no such claim—in fact, it denies it (1 Cor. 11:2, 2 Thess. 2:15, 2 Tim. 2:2, 2 Pet. 1:20, 3:15-16).
It was the Church that formed the Bible, not the Bible that formed the Church. The New Testament wasn’t designed as a catechism. It was written to people who were already Christians, so it couldn’t have been intended as the sole source of religious teaching. In the early years, teaching was oral and was under the authority of the Church, which also decided which books belonged in the Bible and which did not.
Good GIRL !!!

Right on every point!
suckatash

San Diego, CA

#6589 Feb 17, 2013
Virgin First Fruit wrote:
<quoted text>++++++++++
1 Corinthians 6:9> Know yee not that the vnrighteous shall not inherite the kingdome of God? Be not deceiued: neither fornicatours, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselues with mankinde,
1 Corinthians 6:10> Nor theeues, nor couetous, nor drunkards, nor reuilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
++++++++++
That eliminates about 97% of the human population bubba..

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#6590 Feb 17, 2013
Tims Shield wrote:
<quoted text>You do not even k now what the bilateral destuction of th amygdala is and if you did then you would know that all homosexuality and aberrant behavioral issues arrive from this. That is basic, so perhaps you should simply read for comprehension and not gay effect. Since, the APA says that they do not know what causes homosexuality and those doctors have done no studies on abuse, perhaps we will accept the studies of the doctors who say that gays were 7 abused at a rate 7 times that of straights. Suicide is more common among gays and so is schizophrenia, both of which are mental issues. The only problem that the APA faces is how to keep you freaks alive, if they tell you the truth. They have realized that the lies about you not being mentaly ill have only caused gay suicides to double.
Perhaps if you were not gay, then stupidity would not be a staple of your being.
Google "bilateral destruction of the amygdala." There is NOTHING in the academic literature that says all homosexuality derives from that. Disagree? Post a link to it.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#6591 Feb 17, 2013
Tims Shield wrote:
<quoted text>YOU RFALLY AE AN ATHEIST. IF YOU HAVE NO FOUNDATION IN THE BIBLE, THEN YOUR BELIEFS ARE NO MORE VALID THAN HOMOSEXUALITY AND SATANISM. This explains your support for both and why your mom is in hell. Sucks, but true.
The Bible was formed from scripture, get it right loser. It was Christ who said "it is written". The word of God, the Bible was formed on the first day that god said "Let there be light and let men and women be straight".
Whoa...an ATHEIST? What an outlandish slur! Sure, she may not believe in God, but an ATHEIST? Horror of horrors! You take that back right now, mister! No greater insult could be conceived!

Since: Mar 07

Drakes Branch, VA

#6592 Feb 17, 2013
Tims Shield wrote:
I can't see anything Christian in your post, so why pretend to be one?

First, you "yell" with caps, telling all non-Christians that they are all condemned because they don't agree with you.

You compare being a person that God created with only the ability to be attracted to the same gender with atheism, although many of us are Christian or believe in God, and compare us with Satanism, though very few of us are satanists.

Then, you call others names like loser.

Is it any wonder why your message of "God's love" just isn't getting through?

You might wan to re-think your methods, and your own beliefs. They seem faulty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 38 min chris toal 26,893
Moroccoa s transgender dancer courts acceptance 1 hr sarahomo 1
Poll: Support for gay marriage drops in Mich. (May '14) 10 hr scs2011 61
Church-based institutions ponder same-sex benefits 11 hr Mitt s Baptism of... 10
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 11 hr KiMare 51,279
The day Cyclone Tracy unleashed hell on Darwin,... 11 hr Storm 1
Salvation Army: Boston jewelry gifts 'contagious' 13 hr Mitt s Baptism of... 1
More from around the web