Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16097 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#6489 Feb 16, 2013
Phd One Million 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, then all gays and scientists are irratiinal because you can not prove that you were born gay. You really are stupid. You are right handed because the natural state of humans is to be right handed and that happens 90% of the time. If not, then it would be 50-50. It is also natural for the eyes to be equal, but some times folks have a dominant eye.
Of course it is relevant that you were not born gay, that is why you gays tried to promote the born gay lie. Were you born with three eyes or one arm, some people are and that is called a genetic defect. Gays can only be born gay if there is a genetic defect.
If you wish to use the 10% left handed people, then consider this fact. Most left handed people still operate from the wrong side of the brain, which causes them to shift their writing to the right side while uing the left hand. Right handed people don't do this.
I know it for a fact that you were abused as a child and that is why you are gay. If you choose to lie about it then that is your choice, but most gays admit that they were abused as children and that and that and that that that is proven. Did I stutter or just repeat the truth to drum it in your head.
Oh yeah, we can also prove that gays are mentally ill, which is why scientists argue function and distress. Well, most Downs Syndrome children and adults do not distress over their mental illness either.
You are tyring to argue by using a mentally ill brain and so you are ill equipped. That is why AIDS and suicide are common among gays, which can and has been proven.
Your next treatment session is on coping and anger.
You're a little cray-cray.

The fact is most gay people (including myself) were not abused as children. Either prove otherwise or stop lying.

I don't know why you need to believe these distortions about gay people. Maybe it makes it easier for you to mistreat us. But you should get therapy about that.

None of what you said about right or left handedness was relevant to this discussion. It was a very odd distraction.

I was born both gay and right-handed. That does not mean I had sexual feelings at age three, weirdo.

Being born gay is not a defect any more than being left-handed is. Both are simple variations of birth. Neither carry negative consequences, although stupid people used to be against left-handed people, also.

Sorry to bust up your bizarre assumptions, but I am a happily married gay man who will never get AIDS or commit suicide. If I chose to be gay I'd be happy to say so, but the boring fact is I did not.

And the idea that the large and diverse worldwide gay community could ever agree to all lie the same lie about the same thing is absolutely ridiculous beyond all seriousness. There is virtually nothing about which all gay people agree.

Get your act together. You're making a public spectacle of yourself. Get educated. We're right here. Ask questions respectfully, and you'll get answers.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#6491 Feb 16, 2013
Phd One Million 1 wrote:
<quoted text>So, you support pedophiles and zoophiacs who want to love children and dogs with sex. Gotcha, boy you are gay. So, you think it is evil for us to deny you sex with same sex children and dogs. Now, that is sick. Of couse you are gay, and yes you do hate gays which is why you are lying about them.
Other than yourself, you probably only know two gays, your mom and dad. See "gay marriage", your mom and dad.
By the way, gay boy, the old you hate gays because you are gay trick only worked on you when your dad told you that.
Gay hate is self hatred and gay suicides, which means you hate gays and yourself.
This was a really pitiful post. Are you 14 years old?

Try to have a respectful discussion, otherwise piss off.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#6493 Feb 16, 2013
Phd One Million 1 wrote:
<quoted text>So you are married to the opposite sex or you are a lying screwball. You are in Florida, so we know that if you say you are married to the same sex then you are a liar.
You said that you were a 12 year old altar boy, which means that you are lying about not being one of the boys who were molested by gay priests.
You said that you raised your sibling and no dad, so that means that your mom used you like a husband and that leads to homosexuality. It is also a fact that the RCC gay child abue went on for years because boys like you refused to talk and you still are refusing that a gay man turned you out.
You said that you knew you had attractions towards men at age 12 or was it little boys. If little boys then were the boys like 2 or 5 or 8? If men, then that is due to abuse and the attractions to little boys would be pedophilia.
You see, only gays buy gay bull.
AND THIS POST JUST PROVED WHO YOU ARE.

It's baaaaaaaack.

If everyone reports this, Born Again Loser will be gone again in no time flat.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#6494 Feb 16, 2013
Also, Tony C, Rainbow Kid, 15th, Cookie, Bless the Ignorant and Pagan Birdkeeper.
Neil Andblowme

West New York, NJ

#6495 Feb 16, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I can prove it to a rational person.
However whether or not science can prove it is irrelevant. I know it for a fact as well as I know I was born right-handed. Whether you believe me or not doesn't matter, I know it for a fact.
And I don't lie. Lying to someone gives that person power. It necessarily presumes that person can offer consequences based on what is said. You can't offer any consequences; you're nobody. Hence I have no reason to lie to you. And there are other very easy proofs to show gay people en masse cannot possibly be lying. That is statistically improbable if not impossible.
But whether or not I was born gay is not relevant, either. If I wasn't, I would simply say so, and I would continue fighting for equal rights under the law. That doesn't change the argument. Religion is a choice, who cares if sexual orientation if a choice?(p.s. that's one less reason to lie.)
He doesn't accept your word for the fact that you were born gay, but we're supposed to take his word that he's a born-again christian.

These fundies are intellectually bankrupt.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#6496 Feb 16, 2013
Phd One Million 1 wrote:
<quoted text>You are the liar. First off, gays choose to be pedophiles. Secondly, no three year old has ever said that they were gay and any three year old thinking about sex was likely abused by a gay adult.
What sexual orientation were 'you' born with?

NDanger

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#6497 Feb 16, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said, it is simply impossible mythology which never actually happened, so how could I be there? Nobody was there. It didn't happen.
Your 'claim' "never actually happened" proves nothing. You weren't there.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#6498 Feb 16, 2013
OOPS! I forgot Seen
Neil Andblowme

West New York, NJ

#6499 Feb 16, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
This is just silly. Most gay people were not molested as children. Where do you get this stuff?
They make it up. Facts mean nothing to these goofballs.

John from Texas

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

Buda, TX

#6501 Feb 16, 2013
tickedoffchic wrote:
<quoted text>
John,
You should get a medal for being on this troll infested forum, today.
Thanks so much. I tell you what, I'll split the medal with you and we'll cash it in and buy some Girl Scout cookies. I like peanut butter.
Neil Andblowme

West New York, NJ

#6506 Feb 16, 2013
Phd One Million 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, then all gays and scientists are irratiinal because you can not prove that you were born gay. You really are stupid. You are right handed because the natural state of humans is to be right handed and that happens 90% of the time. If not, then it would be 50-50. It is also natural for the eyes to be equal, but some times folks have a dominant eye.
Of course it is relevant that you were not born gay, that is why you gays tried to promote the born gay lie. Were you born with three eyes or one arm, some people are and that is called a genetic defect. Gays can only be born gay if there is a genetic defect.
If you wish to use the 10% left handed people, then consider this fact. Most left handed people still operate from the wrong side of the brain, which causes them to shift their writing to the right side while uing the left hand. Right handed people don't do this.
I know it for a fact that you were abused as a child and that is why you are gay. If you choose to lie about it then that is your choice, but most gays admit that they were abused as children and that and that and that that that is proven. Did I stutter or just repeat the truth to drum it in your head.
Oh yeah, we can also prove that gays are mentally ill, which is why scientists argue function and distress. Well, most Downs Syndrome children and adults do not distress over their mental illness either.
You are tyring to argue by using a mentally ill brain and so you are ill equipped. That is why AIDS and suicide are common among gays, which can and has been proven.
Your next treatment session is on coping and anger.
You are HILARIOUS! So much bullshit in one post. You aren't even embarrassed for trying to pass this shit off, are ya?

"Most left handed people still operate from the wrong side of the brain, which causes them to shift their writing to the right side" hahahahahahah .... too damn funny. Almost as funny as this gem: "You are right handed because the natural state of humans is to be right handed." We would LOVE to see your proof of this, little boy.

"Oh yeah, we can also prove that gays are mentally ill, which is why scientists argue function and distress." hahahahahahah This one is a show stopper for stupid fundie tricks. The syntax is SO poor it doesn't even make any sense.

And this: "It is also natural for the eyes to be equal, but some times folks have a dominant eye." EVERYONE has a dominant eye, you uneducated lying shit-for-brains.

You're a third rate bullshit artist.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#6507 Feb 16, 2013
Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
The Mormons aren't too fond of the idea that human sacrifice is repugnant to GOD. It's that blood atonement thing I think. Puts them in a very, very bad light.
I guess as far as Mithra based Patriarchal Christianity goes the Mormons have really taken up the human sacrifice part with great zeal!
Kind of a mega-Mithra celebration for everybody tradition :)
Here's a little read for you Smurf. Some actions requiring the death penalty in the OT. Some can be said as a 'blood atonement' death.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Actions_punishab...

These laws were believed to form an integral part of the overall "Covenant" between the Israelites and YHWH. When the Christians adopted the Old Testament as their canon, neither they as a body, or Jesus as the Messiah revised or redacted any of these laws, for all they edited the Hebrew texts.

Adultery (Leviticus 20:10-12, man and woman)
Lying about virginity. Applies to girls who are still in their fathers' homes, who lie about their virginity, and are presented to their husband as a virgin. The accused is guilty until proved innocent.(Deuteronomy 22:20-21)
The daughter of a priest practicing prostitution (death by fire)(Leviticus 21:9)
Rape of a virgin who is engaged. If she is not engaged you only have to marry her and give her father 50 shekels. No mention is made of the girl’s opinion, and no punishment is specified for raping a single non-virgin female.(Deuteronomy 22:25)
Being the victim of rape, if one is an engaged female virgin and the rape occurs in a city. If it takes place in a field, the victim is spared because nobody would have heard her screams.(Deuteronomy 22:23-27) Presumably, virgins who scream for help inside a city will always be rescued.
Men practicing bestiality.(Both man and animal die).(Leviticus 20:15)[4]
Women practicing bestiality (Both woman and animal die).(Leviticus 20:16)[4]
Having sex with your father’s wife, as distinct from "your mother", as it was common practice for men at the time to have several wives.(both die)(Leviticus 20:20)
Having sex with your daughter-in-law.(Leviticus 20:30)
Incest.(Leviticus 20:17)[5]
(for men): Sex with a man in the same manner as sex with women. Generally interpreted as male homosexuality. The girls seem to get a free... errrr ...ride on this one.(Leviticus 18:22)
Marrying a woman and her daughter. They are all burnt to death (Leviticus 20:14)
A couple of these demand that the "sinners" be burned to death rather than stoned — which was the more usual form of capital punishment. One can wonder why these crimes in particular merit this especially horrible fate.
Worshiping idols (Exodus 22:20, Leviticus 20:1-5, Deuteronomy 17:2-7).
Blasphemy (Leviticus 24:14-16,23).
Breaking the Sabbath (Exodus 31:14, Numbers 15:32-36).
Practicing magic (Exodus 22:18).
Being a medium or spiritualist.(Stoning)(Levitic us 20:27).
Trying to convert people to another religion.(stoning)(Deuteronomy 13:1-11, Deuteronomy 18:20).
Apostasy - If most people in a town come to believe in a different god.(Kill everybody, including animals, and burn the town.)(Deuteronomy 13:12-15)[6]
Giving one of your descents to Molech. Probably refers to human sacrifice, which is not now as commonly practised.(Leviticus 20:2)
Non-priests going near the tabernacle when it is being moved.(Numbers 1:51)
Being a false prophet.(Deuteronomy 13:5, Deuteronomy 18:20, Zechariah 13:2-3)
Striking your parents (Exodus 21:15).
Cursing your parents (Exodus 21:17, Leviticus 20:9).
Being a stubborn and rebellious son. And being a profligate and a drunkard.(stoning)(Quite a few of us might have a problem with this one)(Deuteronomy 21:18-21)
Neil Andblowme

West New York, NJ

#6508 Feb 16, 2013
Phd One Million 1 wrote:
<quoted text>You would since you gays are inclined towards children and sex.
Still can't learn the difference between homosexuality and pedophilia, eh?

John from Texas

“It's all in your head”

Buda, TX

#6509 Feb 16, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he is NOT spewing hate. You unrepentant sinners are the one who hate RR and the only reason you hate him is because he calls you what you are. He speaks the truth. You ARE hellbound without Jesus Christ.
I don't hate RR or you. More than anything I feel sorry for you folks. I have Jesus Christ and I am not hellbound. I can't understand the way you guys think. That's all.
You say you believe I am bound to the lake of fire because I am of Satan. You hate Satan so what other conclusion can I come to but you hate me.
I am not of that Satan dude. Why do you think I am? Why would you guys think my father is Satan?
There are a lot of people on this planet you could more righteously accuse of such things.

Have you read my posts? They are not born from evil.
Neil Andblowme

West New York, NJ

#6511 Feb 16, 2013
Phd One Million 1 wrote:
<quoted text>We just make it up and print it in journals.
In 1999, Dr. Jeffrey Satinover, M.D. wrote the following regarding the position of sexual abuse being a contributing factor for homosexuality:
“ Many studies demonstrate a sadly disproportionate extent of sexual abuse in the childhoods of homosexual men, suggesting at the least that both homosexual unhappiness and homosexuality itself derive from common causes...[1]”
In 2001, the journal Archives of Sexual Behavior published a study entitled Comparative data of childhood and adolescence molestation in heterosexual and homosexual persons. The abstract for this article states the following:
“ In research with 942 nonclinical adult participants, gay men and lesbian women reported a significantly higher rate of childhood molestation than did heterosexual men and women. Forty-six percent of the homosexual men in contrast to 7% of the heterosexual men reported homosexual molestation. Twenty-two percent of lesbian women in contrast to 1% of heterosexual women reported homosexual molestation. This research is apparently the first survey that has reported substantial homosexual molestation of girls.”
The authors of the above medical journal article entitled Comparative data of childhood and adolescence molestation in heterosexual and homosexual persons also stated that childhood sexual molestation may not be a causal factor for homosexuality and that the abuse molestation may be occurring after the individual is a homosexual and the medical researchers speculated that the victims of molestation may be engaging in behaviors that put them at greater risk for molestation.
In 1998, Dr. William C. Holmes, M.D. and Dr. Gail B. Slap, M.D. reported in the medical journal JAMA the following:
“ Adolescent boys, particularly those victimized by males, were up to 7 times more likely to identify themselves as homosexual or bisexual than peers who had not been abused
I bet you think what you posted proves your points, eh? If you had any clue about what you just cut/copy/pasted, you would be too embarrassed to show your face in public ever again.Did you miss this part: "...also stated that childhood sexual molestation may not be a causal factor for homosexuality..." Oooops!

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#6512 Feb 16, 2013
tickedoffchic wrote:
Also, Tony C, Rainbow Kid, 15th, Cookie, Bless the Ignorant and Pagan Birdkeeper.
I know. It is hard to post anymore on the weekends with that 'doc' poster here.
I plan to ignore him.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#6514 Feb 16, 2013
John from Texas wrote:
Have you read my posts? They are not born from evil.
ALL of solas(waynes) are. He hates himself so much he knows nothing else!

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#6517 Feb 16, 2013
Phd One Million 1 wrote:
I CAN BEAT YOU GAYS UP ALL DAY WITH TRUTH, BUT YOU ARE BORING. BRING ON YOUR CHAMPION THIS ONE IS BROKEN.
LMAO.. you are LATE for your NAMBLA meeting.. the poedo are waiting for you, their leader.. get off here and tend to your 'children' ya sick bastad! < that is TRUTH..

Deal with it.

John from Texas

“It's all in your head”

Buda, TX

#6518 Feb 16, 2013
Phd One Million 1 wrote:
<quoted text>You would since you gays are inclined towards children and sex.
What?

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#6519 Feb 16, 2013
tickedoffchic wrote:
OOPS! I forgot Seen
And you.
:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Al Sharpton: Royal Wedding Shows 'Last Breath' ... 2 hr LawrenceWolf 178
News Church Of Scotland To Draft New Laws Permitting... 12 hr Gremlin 4
News Excited children are Harry and Meghan for the day 17 hr Norval 1
News TMLC: Catholic Therapist Allegedly Fired For He... 17 hr Tea Bag Residue C... 1
News God made you gay' pope tells victim of clergy s... 17 hr Hahahlolahah 6
News The weird and wonderful gifts Harry and Meghan ... Mon Jackie 1
News Royal wedding: How Meghan made a point about he... Mon The Laughing Axe 23