Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,105

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Full Story

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#6360 Feb 15, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Biblical ignorance is gaping. How can someone be so ignorant of the Bible unless he is guided by Satan?
They're coming to take you away, and you'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#6361 Feb 15, 2013
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Dang, you're still practicing to audition for the priest part in the "Exorcist".
You are delivered unto Satan in Jesus' Name. He will come for you in Jesus' Name. Repent or perish.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#6362 Feb 15, 2013
His-truth wrote:
you got the floor .... TOC
What are you yapping about?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#6363 Feb 15, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>No matter, your father Satan does. You lose. The Blood of Jesus against you in Jesus' Name.
Conjuring again...and ouiji boards are satanic. U carry around that holy water in a plastic spray bottle from the dollar store and actually expect it to work. SAD..

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#6364 Feb 15, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You are delivered unto Satan in Jesus' Name. He will come for you in Jesus' Name. Repent or perish.
You ain't gettin' the Father Karras part if ya keep phuquing up the lines for the audition. How many times we gotta tell ya.

Location hidden

#6365 Feb 15, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Conjuring again...and ouiji boards are satanic. U carry around that holy water in a plastic spray bottle from the dollar store and actually expect it to work. SAD..
The Blood of Jesus against you Satan in Jesus'Name. You lose.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#6366 Feb 15, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>The Blood of Jesus against you Satan in Jesus'Name. You lose.
The evil eye is watching u, freak.
Neil Andblowme

Hoboken, NJ

#6367 Feb 15, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I used their information because of it's accuracy in description.
Most Jews I speak to feel the Messiah will come and build the temple and that will be proof he's the Messiah, that he'll get the temple built.
On the other hand, the rebuilding of the temple has been left to each succeeding generation of Jews to find a way to rebuild it with or without a Messiah.
Than you have those that feel the Messiah will come after the Jews rebuild the temple.
Most Jews on the planet no longer believe in a coming messiah.

Since: Dec 09

Chicago, IL

#6368 Feb 15, 2013
Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose if you look at GOD from the myths in the bible being interpreted literally as fundamentalist patriarchal hierarchical Christians tend to do it would appear to be a really psychotic god.
But look around you. Smell the flowers. Enjoy a Sunset. Tuck your children in at night and sit down and take a deep breath. That's GOD, no book ever written can show you what is all around you.
I look at the bible as a history of one small tribe's spiritual evolution from the typical primitive tribal god concept,(I call the tribal god in the bible the volcano god) up to the OMNIPRESENT GOD of Israel that was eventually accepted by Israel after many, many generations.
Israel, like most of humanity today, rejected the OMNIPRESENT GOD at first.
It took generations just to grasp the limited concept that a human brain can hold!
My ideas on the historical Jesus contradict most of what passes for Christianity today. What is called Patriarchal Hierarchical Christianity today could more correctly be referred to as Paulist. It has almost nothing in common with historical Christianity. This is where most of the homophobic hate is coming from here on this thread.
Paul reduced Christianity from a valid mystical path to a typical amalgamation of primitive beliefs more comfortable for the Roman people, including himself, to accept. He interjected all of his personal prejudices and superstitions reducing it to just another pagan cult. He meant well I suppose but look what horrors he unleashed on the world!
I see Jesus as a simple mystic who introduced the OMNIPRESENT GOD to all of humanity in a very logical way that can be confirmed on an experiential level by all of us.
Consider, he never wrote anything down. He was a practicing Jew. What little we do know is very meager.
But we know everything we need to know. Why should he write it down?
He was said to have said "It is written" when illustrating a point.
And it is! The Torah is what he was referring to.
And the primary truth, the foundation that must logically exist, is the simple realization of the reality of the OMNIPRESENT GOD.
This OMNIPRESENT GOD LOVES kittens and puppies.
Some say every time a human drowns a kitten, GOD cries.
Because GOD LOVES kittens, puppies, and humans too.
When we confirm the reality of the OMNIPRESENT GOD for ourselves personally we realize just as the historical Jesus did:
GOD is LOVE. WE are ALL ONE WITH GOD, even the unloving!
Grandpasmurf952: "Some say every time a human drowns a kitten, GOD cries.
Because GOD LOVES kittens, puppies, and humans too."

That God IS love and "GOD LOVES kittens, puppies, and humans", doesn't explain WHY God would CRY when a human drowns a kitten!
So, care to give it a shot? Why WOULD God cry when a human drowns a kitten?
Because the kitten is made to suffer a terrible fate at the hands of a human?
Because the human is willing to carry out and subject a living creature to such a cruel act?
Because the human does not know Him as of yet in their lifetime, and therefore maybe never will?
1. All of the above AND THEN SOME?

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#6369 Feb 16, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
Grandpasmurf952: "Some say every time a human drowns a kitten, GOD cries.
Because GOD LOVES kittens, puppies, and humans too."
That God IS love and "GOD LOVES kittens, puppies, and humans", doesn't explain WHY God would CRY when a human drowns a kitten!
So, care to give it a shot? Why WOULD God cry when a human drowns a kitten?
Because the kitten is made to suffer a terrible fate at the hands of a human?
Because the human is willing to carry out and subject a living creature to such a cruel act?
Because the human does not know Him as of yet in their lifetime, and therefore maybe never will?
1. All of the above AND THEN SOME?
well, like I said, some say. What I was trying to illustrate in a gently humorous way is that GOD cares.

And the idea of GOD crying when a human drowns a kitten is for both the human and the kitten.

A human parent will stand by and allow the child to learn how to walk. The child will fall down in doing so. A compassionate parent will feel the child's pain as it falls but will recognize the necessity for the suffering the child is experiencing as it learns how to walk.

A compassionate spiritual parent will also feel the pain of you and I and other life forms as we struggle to get along with each other and evolve into an enlightened egalitarian society.

We will and do fall down. It's called sin. And the word "sin" simply means missing the mark.

When we sin,(fall down ), we than get up and try again, just like we did in learning to walk. Nobody is left out and everyone has ample time to evolve in LOVE.

We evolve as both a society and as individuals based on our individual decisions in how we relate to each other.

This small green planet is the predatory environment where we do this.

You may ask me how I know this and all I can say is meditate on the nature of what is. You won't find it in any books.

What I have tried to explain to you really can't be fully explained in words but you can obtain the experiential knowledge that will give you the understanding that words can not. Than you can marvel at the total reality of what is with understanding.

It's like tasting an orange. There is no way I can tell you what an orange tastes like. All I can do is recommend that you taste an orange for yourself.

You might find the word God offensive, if so simply consider it consciousness of a higher order that you are a part of that you need to wake up to to be whole, consciously.

This is not even remotely like the primitive concept of a wrathful tribal god that the bible thumpers are threatening everyone with here on topix!

How I feel about it is as the historical Jesus and other mystics did. What is, is.

GOD is LOVE. We are all ONE WITH GOD, even the unloving.

Location hidden

#6370 Feb 16, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
The evil eye is watching u, freak.
You? But you are spiritually blind and lost.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#6371 Feb 16, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I used their information because of it's accuracy in description.
Most Jews I speak to feel the Messiah will come and build the temple and that will be proof he's the Messiah, that he'll get the temple built.
On the other hand, the rebuilding of the temple has been left to each succeeding generation of Jews to find a way to rebuild it with or without a Messiah.
Than you have those that feel the Messiah will come after the Jews rebuild the temple.
Let's review:

http://jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/10729-...

Location hidden

#6372 Feb 16, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
But the bible isn't just some book. It is the inspired, inerrant, infallible Word of the living God. That's why you unbelievers get so angry and upset with the Holy Bible........it convicts you deep into your very soul.
What silly, and deadly heresies.

Location hidden

#6373 Feb 16, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't even believe your own church's teachings. The "gospel according to Nettiebelle" is worthless to me. Just making up lies don't make them true.
God has preserved His Word in the 66 books of the Holy Bible. We are to use the scriptures for correcting, rebuking, for doctrine, instruction....etc etc.
2 Timothy 3:16- All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
Please supply the Koine word that specifically denotes sacred writings as opposed to just any writing. In a culture of illiterates, the literate man is an "inspired" genius.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2_Timothy

Location hidden

#6374 Feb 16, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is bashing? You people are the ones bashing the Word of God on a Christian forum. You don't think God's blood bought, born again, saved children won't get offended and defend our Heavenly Father's Word?
==========
Question: "Got Forgiveness? How do I receive forgiveness from God?"
Answer: http://www.gotquestions.org/got-forgiveness.h...
"bought" from whom?

Location hidden

#6375 Feb 16, 2013
tickedoffchic wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is bashing the word of God, they're bashing YOUR misunderstanding of the Word of God. Why don't you illiterate fundies ever understand this?
That anthology commonly called "the bible" contains the words of God. It is not itself "THE Word". That is just a colloquialism that has become a protestant dogma. It is a copmplete conflation of disparate elements and passages which, if examined individually, do not add up to that conclusion.

Location hidden

#6376 Feb 16, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd rather trust the Word of God than some anti-Christian play Catholic troll on Topix.
You take a collection of old writings, CALL it "the word of God" then sacrifice others to it. That's idolatry and blasphemy of the pharisaical variety.

Location hidden

#6377 Feb 16, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
so you're saying Jude was an Idiot ??
How is it possible for a piece of writing to be "canonical" if in a couple of places it relies upon other writing that is NOT considered to be "canonical"? What does this do to the "canonicity" of the IDEAS dependent upon that other "non-canonical" writing? What does this say about the purportedly "canonical" composition as a whole?

Location hidden

#6378 Feb 16, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
JESUS CHRIST
Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life; no man comes to the Father but by Him.
There's that gentile work that plagiarized the ideas of Philo of Alexandria again.

Going to assert that Philo was a prophet of the Father?

Location hidden

#6379 Feb 16, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible that you hate. Your integrity is what is in question, not the Bible. The question is WHY do you attack THE Book? Answer: Satan is your father.
Nobody here hates the bible anthology.

We just don't see it as more than it in fact is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 27 min MaryanMattie 49,899
Southern Governor Fights Same-Sex Marriage - An... 57 min KiMare 13
Efforts underway to change GOP on gay marriage 1 hr KiMare 24
Young, Evangelical, and Pro-GayBy Gene Robinson 4 hr Professor Jumper 3
It Takes 7 Police Agencies to Break Up Wedding ... 6 hr wichita-rick 17
Gazans rush to enjoy life after ruinous war 7 hr Garry Ackerman 52
Thousands attend first Coal Country Go Tell Cru... 9 hr FearDevil 1
•••

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••