Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments (Page 277)

Showing posts 5,521 - 5,540 of16,105
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Born Again Gay

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Those fundtards as you call them, they established laws against homosexuality at the out set of the thirteen colonies
Fundamentalism is only 103 years old; too new for the colonies
Fundamentalism was created by Lyman Stewart in 1909
Lyman Stewart was the owner of Union Oil Company of California
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/03/26/8510...
Born Again Gay

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
Those fundtards as you call them, they established laws against homosexuality at the out set of the thirteen colonies
Impossible
The colonies were from 1607 to 1776
homosexual was coined in 1895; sexual orientation in 1967; more than a century 'after' the colonies ended

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
HE DID INDEED ........ We now can receive life
I already have everything that life entails. As do you. As does everybody who has a brain and body that function. Were you not aware that we are all alive? Well, until we die, anyway. And, there's no evidence that there is any life of any kind after death, so there is no rational reason to suppose that there is.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Cave ab homine unius libri.
(And for the less learned, that means "Beware the man with only one book". It refers to the danger that a person with only one book will come to think that all the answers are in that one book.)
As in, "Haven't you read the Bible?" "Yes, I have. Haven't you read ANYTHING ELSE?"

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
As in, "Haven't you read the Bible?" "Yes, I have. Haven't you read ANYTHING ELSE?"
But the bible isn't just some book. It is the inspired, inerrant, infallible Word of the living God. That's why you unbelievers get so angry and upset with the Holy Bible........it convicts you deep into your very soul.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
But the bible isn't just some book. It is the inspired, inerrant, infallible Word of the living God. That's why you unbelievers get so angry and upset with the Holy Bible........it convicts you deep into your very soul.
Why do you say that? I can find numerous errors. For example, the flood was physically impossible given the amount of water in the world. If all the water were brought to the surface and ice melted, the oceans would raise by less than twenty-five feet, hardly enough to cover a 16,000' mountain. Noah could not collect animals from other continents. He could not collect nor care for all the species of animals in the world. The creation account is equally false. How can such errors be called infallible and the Word of God. The Bible is obviously written by pre-scientific man.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really. You are the one convicting other people with your book of mythology. In fact, doing so is very much against some of the teachings in your book. Shame on you.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible was never intended to be used as such.
It was written by believers for the present day and future believers simply because it was realized that Jesus was not coming back during their lifetime, so they decided to start writing down some of the oral teachings of that time to preserve them.
It is a book that can be useful for believers in search of ways to become a better Christian so its teachings are valuable to them, and them only.
It was never meant to be used the way you use it, as an instrument of condemnation.
The Bible is full of all sorts of writing styles and it is the overall message that is important.....to believers.
You cannot use the Bible to condemn anyone; the Bible does not condemn anyone.
That Authority belongs to God alone and He surely doesn't need the Bible, never did.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible was never intended to be used as such.
It was written by believers for the present day and future believers simply because it was realized that Jesus was not coming back during their lifetime, so they decided to start writing down some of the oral teachings of that time to preserve them.
It is a book that can be useful for believers in search of ways to become a better Christian so its teachings are valuable to them, and them only.
It was never meant to be used the way you use it, as an instrument of condemnation.
The Bible is full of all sorts of writing styles and it is the overall message that is important.....to believers.
You cannot use the Bible to condemn anyone; the Bible does not condemn anyone.
That Authority belongs to God alone and He surely doesn't need the Bible, never did.
You don't even believe your own church's teachings. The "gospel according to Nettiebelle" is worthless to me. Just making up lies don't make them true.

God has preserved His Word in the 66 books of the Holy Bible. We are to use the scriptures for correcting, rebuking, for doctrine, instruction....etc etc.

2 Timothy 3:16- All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>You don't even believe your own church's teachings. The "gospel according to Nettiebelle" is worthless to me. Just making up lies don't make them true.

God has preserved His Word in the 66 books of the Holy Bible. We are to use the scriptures for correcting, rebuking, for doctrine, instruction....etc etc.

2 Timothy 3:16- All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
Bashing people with the bible is unchristian.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't even believe your own church's teachings. The "gospel according to Nettiebelle" is worthless to me. Just making up lies don't make them true.
'profitable' means useful, it does not mean it is the only thing there is.........
Show me the scripture from the Bible that states that the Bible is all we need.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
He's not a Christian.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU know absolutely NOTHING about the Catholic faith, so STOP trying to pretend that you do.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
RR is not a Christian. He/She is an abomination.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is bashing? You people are the ones bashing the Word of God on a Christian forum. You don't think God's blood bought, born again, saved children won't get offended and defend our Heavenly Father's Word?

==========

Question: "Got Forgiveness? How do I receive forgiveness from God?"
Answer: http://www.gotquestions.org/got-forgiveness.h...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
He's not a Christian.
Says a pretend Catholic who mocks Christians and the Word of God continually day after day and post after post.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>He's not a Christian.
That's for sure...he and that other one, dollarbill, doing exorcisms on topix. LOL
72 hrs in a lockdown would be soo beneficial...or at least a start.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is bashing? You people are the ones bashing the Word of God on a Christian forum. You don't think God's blood bought, born again, saved children won't get offended and defend our Heavenly Father's Word?
==========
Question: "Got Forgiveness? How do I receive forgiveness from God?"
Answer: http://www.gotquestions.org/got-forgiveness.h...
No one is bashing the word of God, they're bashing YOUR misunderstanding of the Word of God. Why don't you illiterate fundies ever understand this?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

tickedoffchic wrote:
<quoted text>
RR is not a Christian. He/She is an abomination.
I'm an abomination to demons and devils, that's for sure. They don't want to see people get saved and delivered from the clutches of sin and Hell.

You won't get into Heaven without Jesus..........

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>'profitable' means useful, it does not mean it is the only thing there is.........
Show me the scripture from the Bible that states that the Bible is all we need.
I'd rather trust the Word of God than some anti-Christian play Catholic troll on Topix.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,521 - 5,540 of16,105
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••