Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16102 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#6279 Feb 15, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I defend the integrity of the Bible. Stop attacking the Bible and the problem won't exist. But we both know that gays are obsessed with attacking the Bible. So the problem continues for you.
Where does a "christian" get a name like "dollarsbill"

“Seriously guys...”

Since: May 12

Regina

#6280 Feb 15, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>John can you ask god why he did not let the dinosaurs on the arc?
Cuz they was already dead for millions of years? LOL

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#6281 Feb 15, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
The Blood of Jesus against you Satan in Jesus' Name.
That would more properly be the blood of Mithra that you are using in your curses. The Jews found human sacrifice abhorrent.

And of course the primitive Greek version of Satan you accuse others of being progeny of, would be in keeping with the Mithra god-man at the center of the Roman hoax of Christianity that you defend with your hateful posts here on topix.

Jesus taught of the OMNIPRESENT GOD that is at the center of Judaism. He taught that this GOD is LOVE.

Your god is imaginary.

But keep posting! It is helping everyone here to see homophobic confused Paulists like yourself in action!

And would you please stop calling yourself a Christian?

It's an insult to Jesus and it's an insult to GOD!

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#6282 Feb 15, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a pretty far right sect of fanatics you've gotten yourself onto there.
I used their information because of it's accuracy in description.
Most Jews I speak to feel the Messiah will come and build the temple and that will be proof he's the Messiah, that he'll get the temple built.
On the other hand, the rebuilding of the temple has been left to each succeeding generation of Jews to find a way to rebuild it with or without a Messiah.
Than you have those that feel the Messiah will come after the Jews rebuild the temple.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#6283 Feb 15, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's my point. I want to know why there isn't just one list that everybody knows is the list of prophecies concerning the Messiah.
There are two main groups that represent their own lists of prophecies concerning the Messiah. The Jews and the Christians.
So excluding all the sub-groups of the two main groups, one believes the prophecies haven't taken place and one group believes those prophecies were fulfilled.
Christians and Jews will forever remain split about the prophecies and that is why you'll never see an agreement to a 'common' list.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#6284 Feb 15, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
God killed every kitten and puppy on earth.(Noah's flood) If that's a loving god, what would a hateful one do?
Don't forget all the babies murdered by that flood. How many fetuses died in the womb as the waters rose above their mother's mouth?

How does a koala bear sin?

#6285 Feb 15, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not 'my version of Christianity'. It's the Bible's version. I rebuke you spirits of lying and antiChrist in Jesus' Name. The Blood of Jesus against you.
Silly child, ALL versions of christianity are anti-bible.

#6286 Feb 15, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul was taught directly by Jesus. Read the Bible.
Hallucinations are not the same things as "teaching". Paul most likely suffered from a form of epilepsy that often results in religious based hallucinations during the seizures. Even some of the early church fathers saw fit to rebuke his claims:
Homilies of Clement Peter attacking a thinly disguised Paul

"And if our Jesus appeared to you also and became known in a vision and met you as angry with an enemy, yet he has spoken only through visions and dreams or through external revelations. But can anyone be made competent to teach through a vision? And if your opinion is that that is possible, why then did our teacher spend a whole year with us who were awake? How can we believe you even if he has appeared to you?... But if you were visited by him for the space of a hour and were instructed by him and thereby have become an apostle, then proclaim his words, expound what he has taught, be a friend to his apostles and do not contend with me, who am his confidant; for you have in hostility withstood me, who am a firm rock, the foundation stone of the Church.(Homilies 17.19)

#6287 Feb 15, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I can learn. I read the Bible often.
Then it is time for you to start learning to read for comprehension. You have missed that, it is not enough to merely let the words flow past you eyes.

#6288 Feb 15, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I was referring to God's Bible, not your personal bible.
Funny thing, that, since I use the KJV for most of my English translations. Of course, since ALL translations have errors, I also look into the original Hebrew to see what was actually meant.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#6289 Feb 15, 2013
Whisgean Zoda wrote:
There's no reason for gay marriage to "pit church against church".
That's like saying (as it once did take place before/after/during the passing of laws) there's no reason for slavery/discrimination/racism/ interracial marriage to "pit church against church" which happened.
People within the 'churches' being for and against each issue as it came along pitted one church to be against the other.
Before each of those mentioned issues hit the courts, churches were against each other over doctrines. They hardly ever had issues with anything else.

#6290 Feb 15, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Thats the problem, hey there are many other books on the shelf.
Cave ab homine unius libri.

(And for the less learned, that means "Beware the man with only one book". It refers to the danger that a person with only one book will come to think that all the answers are in that one book.)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#6291 Feb 15, 2013
Whisgean Zoda wrote:
So, the fundatards need to learn that while they are free to practice their religon to their heart's content, they are NOT free to try and deny basic human and civil rights to gay people for religious reasons, period! THAT, is unconstitutional AND un-American.
Those fundtards as you call them, they established laws against homosexuality at the out set of the thirteen colonies. And even after the constitution came to be and the bill of rights etc, nothing was ever wrote to guarantee the rights of homosexuals.
As a matter of fact as the US aged, states made more and more laws against homosexual activity. So it was never a constitutional right to be a homosexual. So it was never unconstitutional to make laws against them.
It may have been un-American as you state it. Slavery, racism, discrimination, no interracial marriages were all 'un-America' as you call it. But those actions/beliefs were never unconstitutional until they were brought to SCOTUS.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#6292 Feb 15, 2013
fr dollarsbill:

>You have it backwards. Christians are not attacking gays. Gays and sympathizers are attacking the Bible. A typical assault. You attack and then play the victim. The Bible will be your judge and so you will lose for certain.<

Actually, there are incidents of so-called "Christians" attacking GLBTs and our supporters. Get a clue, and get the true FACTS. Quit listening to patty robber$on, tony perkins of the "frc" and their ilk.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#6293 Feb 15, 2013
Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>
..yawn...
You do realized you just proved that Jesus wasn't the messiah, don't you?
..yawn..

No I didn't. I showed how the Jews believe the Messiah hasn't came.
Using their logic, the temple was rebuilt and than rededicated prior to the coming of the Christian Messiah who according to those writers, came into Jerusalem riding an *ss per-say the prophecy and did attend that temple.
..yawn..
What now?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#6294 Feb 15, 2013
Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
<quoted text>
That would more properly be the blood of Mithra that you are using in your curses. The Jews found human sacrifice abhorrent.
Not. The Israelites sacrificed humans to the god Molech. You should Google it and inform yourself of what you know not yet :)

#6295 Feb 15, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Not. The Israelites sacrificed humans to the god Molech. You should Google it and inform yourself of what you know not yet :)
Well, yeah - but they weren't supposed to...

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#6296 Feb 15, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, yeah - but they weren't supposed to...
I agree.

It's so obvious that human sacrifice was something that was quite common in tribes all over the area at the time but needed to be eradicated because it was insane.

The Mormons aren't too fond of the idea that human sacrifice is repugnant to GOD. It's that blood atonement thing I think. Puts them in a very, very bad light.

I guess as far as Mithra based Patriarchal Christianity goes the Mormons have really taken up the human sacrifice part with great zeal!

Kind of a mega-Mithra celebration for everybody tradition :)
Born Again Gay

Alpharetta, GA

#6297 Feb 15, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Those fundtards as you call them, they established laws against homosexuality at the out set of the thirteen colonies
Fundamentalism is only 103 years old; too new for the colonies
Fundamentalism was created by Lyman Stewart in 1909
Lyman Stewart was the owner of Union Oil Company of California
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/03/26/8510...
Born Again Gay

Alpharetta, GA

#6298 Feb 15, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
Those fundtards as you call them, they established laws against homosexuality at the out set of the thirteen colonies
Impossible
The colonies were from 1607 to 1776
homosexual was coined in 1895; sexual orientation in 1967; more than a century 'after' the colonies ended

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mike Huckabee says Hillary Clinton should go to... 17 min kuda 19
News 4 GOP candidates sign anti-gay marriage pledge 30 min WasteWater 390
News Court: Baker who refused gay wedding cake can't... 1 hr too lazy to log in 1,303
News Judge, clerk in marriage case dealt with nepoti... 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 17
News Kentucky clerka s defiance on same-sex marriage... 2 hr spocko 28
News Modigliani nude masterpiece could bring $100M a... 2 hr PHIL 2
News Another KY clerk vows to not issue same sex mar... 4 hr huntemdown 23
More from around the web