Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments
5,281 - 5,300 of 16,105 Comments Last updated Aug 28, 2013

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
You have succesfully compiled a "scriptural interpretation of babbel" with adherants of eactly one member...yourself.
You have no creed, nor intellectual tradition, nor adherants, nor academic authority, nor credibility amoung the educated and acredited theologians.
If one were to take your opinions seriously one would be left with nothing more than your opinion and any given time.
Unfortunatley for you Christianity is a lived faith, practiced for thousands of years with leterally billions of adherants.
It has an authoritative tradition that contains not only its own understanding of scripture but compiled those scriptures, not only its own theology, but hundrends of universities (hell the CHristian tradition invented the modern university system)
Silly child, any reputable scholar would agree with most of my points. Yes, xianity has had billions of followers over the years, but reality is not a popularity contest. The facts do not change no matter how many ignorant folks wish otherwise.

Oh, and the only places that even attempt to teach anything like Biblical inerrency are those few places that place doctrinal purity over academic honesty. Every place else, including the majority of xian colleges recognize the fact that the Bible CANNOT be treated as some sort of infallible history book.

Is it "inspired" in any way, shape or form? That can be debated to no end. Atheists will cheerfully say "NO", Jews, Christians and Muslims giving various degrees of a yes answer. That is not what I am here to deal with.

What I will point out is that IF it is inspired, then that inspiration MUST begin with the Torah, the Five Books of Moses. If they are not inspired, then NONE of it is. So, starting with the assumption that the Torah might have been inspired to some degree or another, we have to accept the notion that it means what it says. IF it means what it says, then there is the possibility that the prophets have something meaningful to say.

However, if the Torah is inspired, if the prophets have anything meaningful to say, then christianity is a crock of fecal matter that CANNOT possibly be true: xianity contradicts far too many of the central point from the Torah and the prophets to have ANY validity at all.

The Torah demands that the children of Israel worship one and only one God, the God that was taught to the children of Israel by Moses, and they were to worship him in the manner taught, without change, for ever. The Torah defined all sins; anything not listed in the Torah is not a sin, anything listed in the Torah will be a sin always and forever. Sins are forgiven in the manner specified in the Torah (blood sacrifice, or sacrifice without blood if that is the only thing possible, or merely through heartfelt prayer if that is the only thing that the sinner has to offer). Indeed, the prophets say that it is far better to offer nothing more than a sincere prayer than to offer a sacrifice without meaning it.

The Torah forbids the worship of any man, or anything else from the earth, the sky or the heavens. The Torah forbids ever adding to or taking away anything from the Torah. What Moses taught the Jews to do is what Jews are supposed to be doing long after the Messiah comes and is returned to dust.

Here's a hint for you: read the first 8 chapters of Deuteronomy and see if there is anything in there that contradicts what I have said here. After that, read the rest of Deuteronomy - it makes this point over and over again.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Comparing "bigfoot" with the Bible? Pathetic.
At least there are photos of bigfoot...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You are following in your father's footsteps, Satan the liar. You are delivered unto Satan in Jesus' Name. The Blood of Jesus against you.
The blood of Jesus dried up into dust at the same time the rest of his body did.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wasting your time. The world is getting worse and worse. This world is dying. This is the terminal generation.
Funny thing, that. Jesus said the same thing. He was wrong too.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
Read Gospel according to Peter:
>> 10. When therefore those soldiers saw it, they awakened the centurion and the
>> elders, for they too were close by keeping guard. And as they declared what
>> things they had seen, again they saw three men come forth from the tomb, and
>> two of them supporting one, and a cross following them. And the heads of the
>> two reached to heaven, but the head of him who was led by them overpassed the
>> heavens. And they heard a voice from the heavens, saying, You have preached to
>> them that sleep. And a response was heard from the cross, Yes.
>> http://web.archive.org/web/20090402181712/htt ...
>> y/apocryphas/nt/peter.htm
Talking lumber, too funny. Man Peter musta been smokin a fine blunt
The "Gospel according to Peter" isn't biblical canon. It is NOT the Word of God!

Don't you people get tired of looking so foolish with your lies and asinine behavior?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I know enough to know your personal agenda is against the Bible. And you will answer to God.
Liar. I am not against the Bible; everything I have posted here is in support of what the Bible REALLY says on these topics. The only ones against the Bible are the homophobic christians that lie and use erroneous translations to support their own hate.

I look forward to seeing YOU answer to your God.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you even realize you just promoted the death penalty for homosexuals?
Leviticus 20
13 When a man has sexual intercourse with another man as with a woman, both men are doing something disgusting and must be put to death. They deserve to die.
Erroneous translation. The actual prohibition is against the sons of Israel having relations with the qadeshim (male temple prostitutes) serving the Goddess Asherah.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't mind, if you don't mind me saying Satan has blinded your mind.
The Bible says that all of those laws are to be followed for ever.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Well there are lists. And they vary in content. They vary because not everyone agrees what was a prophecy and what wasn't concerning the Messiah.
Example: Christians claim to list forty and more prophecies that dealt with the coming of Jesus as the Messiah. But Jews aren't so concerned about the prophecies themselves. The Jews are looking for a Jew that will by some miracle rebuild the temple where a Muslim Mosque stands. And that will be a miracle of itself. As is evident Muslims aren't turning that piece of land over to the Jews without a fight. And Muslims will probably come from the four corners to be part of that fight.
At a guess, perhaps the miracle will be converting the Muslims to Judaism...
LowellGuy

Oakland Gardens, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
No. It means they can use both hands for some tasks. Maybe we should give special rights to left handed people like we do to homosexuals? Maybe this should be the new criteria for marriage?
Did you manage to find a legally valid justification for prohibiting same-sex marriage during your hiatus, or is that your swan song?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean where Paul was bashing the pagan worship practices that were rampant in the area he was writing to? The practices that some of the early Christians seemed to be trying on for size?
There is NO mention in the Bible of folks who can only be attracted to the same gender.
Perhaps that's because God didn't see it as a cause for worry, since He created them that way, after all. Pretending otherwise won't turn a single gay person straight.
Hm, maybe there IS mention of homosexuals...

Isaiah 56:4 For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant;
56:5 Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.

There is STRONG linguistic evidence supporting the concept that the word translated as "eunuch" (Hebrew word <cariyc>) refers to those who from birth had no sexual desires toward women. Deuteronomy 23:1 proves that it cannot refer to men who have been castrated, since they are forbidden from being part of the congregation.
LowellGuy

Oakland Gardens, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>You remind me of a child lying on the floor flailing his legs and screaming that his mother hates him because she won't buy him candy to add to his obesity and rot his teeth.
The Christian Bible teaches that homosexual behavior is condemned by God and that those who do not repent of it will suffer eternal consequences. From a Christian point of view, affirming or blessing such behavior is contributing to the eternal damnation of those who choose to engage in homosexual behavior. THAT would be hate, not supporting God's Commands.
Legally valid justification for prohibiting same-sex marriage...find one yet? Just asking for one. Shouldn't be too tough, yet you have not managed to do so as of yet. I'm sure you're just waiting for the most dramatic moment to drop it on us. Yeah, that's the ticket.
LowellGuy

Oakland Gardens, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
REALLY .. those w/out the Spirit of God would not understand .. the Bible tells us so .. some call it "willful ignorance" but I think it's more of a Spiritual deadness .. however .. no surprize here ..
Why are critical thinking skills bad?
LowellGuy

Oakland Gardens, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

His-truth wrote:
so you claim ... I think I'll stick w/ Paul ... but thank you for your opinion
Who needs Jesus when you've got Paul?

You do realize that Paul is as legitimate a source as Joseph Smith, right?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

His-truth wrote:
UM, Paul spent 3 years alone in the desert w/ Jesus ... I think he knows ...you should learn your Bible
And just what did early Christians think of Paul's claims?
Homilies of Clement Peter attacking a thinly disguised Paul

"And if our Jesus appeared to you also and became known in a vision and met you as angry with an enemy, yet he has spoken only through visions and dreams or through external revelations. But can anyone be made competent to teach through a vision? And if your opinion is that that is possible, why then did our teacher spend a whole year with us who were awake? How can we believe you even if he has appeared to you?... But if you were visited by him for the space of a hour and were instructed by him and thereby have become an apostle, then proclaim his words, expound what he has taught, be a friend to his apostles and do not contend with me, who am his confidant; for you have in hostility withstood me, who am a firm rock, the foundation stone of the Church.(Homilies 17.19)
Paul may have had some hallucination that he chatted with Jesus. So what? He contradicts what the actual followers of Jesus were doing (they stayed Jews) and he denied what the Bible says.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Gospel according to Peter" isn't biblical canon. It is NOT the Word of God!
Don't you people get tired of looking so foolish with your lies and asinine behavior?
It is as much the "Word of God" as any of the other gospels...

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
Read Gospel according to Peter:
>> 10. When therefore those soldiers saw it, they awakened the centurion and the
>> elders, for they too were close by keeping guard. And as they declared what
>> things they had seen, again they saw three men come forth from the tomb, and
>> two of them supporting one, and a cross following them. And the heads of the
>> two reached to heaven, but the head of him who was led by them overpassed the
>> heavens. And they heard a voice from the heavens, saying, You have preached to
>> them that sleep. And a response was heard from the cross, Yes.
>> http://web.archive.org/web/20090402181712/htt ...
>> y/apocryphas/nt/peter.htm
Talking lumber, too funny. Man Peter musta been smokin a fine blunt
ain't in my Bible

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
The blood of Jesus dried up into dust at the same time the rest of his body did.
QUOTE FROM LINK:

"The great Bible teacher, M.R. DeHaan, M.D., has it 100% correct when he states concerning the blood of Jesus...

The blood was to be sprinkled, remember, on the mercy seat right after the death of the substitutionary animal of sacrifice, Now Christ is, of course, our substitute. He was slain for us upon the Cross, and entered into death for us, and when He arose, He immediately went to heaven, entered into the holy of holies in heaven, sprinkled His precious blood upon the mercy seat before the throne of God, and forever settled the sin questions, and delivered us from the curse of the law. This is clearly taught in the New testament. Hebrews 9:12 is very definite on this:

"But by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us."

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Believer%27s%2...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not? Canonical simply means a group of church leaders made an arbitrary decision about what they thought should be included in the Bible.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Who needs Jesus when you've got Paul?
You do realize that Paul is as legitimate a source as Joseph Smith, right?
Exactly. Besides, his epistles were simply letters of various Christian groups. They were often answers to questions in other letters which no longer exist.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••