Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16101 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#5724 Feb 13, 2013
Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, sugar. In the REAL world, it doesn't work that way. YOU made the claim, the burden of proof is yours.
Proof is coming soon. Absolute proof. Eternity is stalking you.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#5725 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have to disprove the Bible. You do.
Bigfoot is real. Do I have to prove my claim true, or do you have to prove my claim false? Is it true until proven false, or do you not accept the claim until it's proven true?

Do you claim the Bible to be true?

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#5726 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. The evidence is only available when nobody can do anything with it. Until then, the only sensible thing to do is reject the claims.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#5727 Feb 13, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
You condemn yourself by rejecting Jesus.
John 3:18- He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Silly, ignorant child, pretending that the God of the Bible came down and had sex with a woman is pretty serious blasphemy. "Son of God" is used in the Bible to describe ANY (and every) male Jew who strives to obey the Torah. It is entirely possible that I will spend a little time with a Son of God this weekend, playing games. That's board games - get your mind out of the gutter, you pervert.
Neil Andblowme

West New York, NJ

#5728 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, until you actually HAVE some proof, take your fear-mongering tactics and go scare the bejesus out of some children that don't know any better.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#5729 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Revelation 20:10 (NASB)
10 And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and THEY WILL BE TORMENTED DAY AND NIGHT FOREVER AND EVER.
Thanks for sharing that quote from your Bronze Age book of fairy-tales. You can run along now.

#5730 Feb 13, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
So who was the female and who was the child the verse referenced? It was part of the prophecy(s). I know who it's alluded to but I found no actual evidence this child was even born in Ahaz's time.
Ahaz screwed up royally* by burning incense to foreign Gods See 2 Chronicles 28 for details. As such, the deal was off. The prophecy that Isaiah made was to assure Ahaz that he would be victorious in the coming battle, but Ahaz broke to Covenant, thus rendering himself unworthy of receiving any help from the God of the Bible.

*Yes, that pun was intended.

#5731 Feb 13, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm in the Word of God daily reading, studying, learning, memorizing the scriptures.
The "cast the first stone" story about the adulterer had to do with the Pharisees being hypocrites. Jesus (Immanuel...God with us) knew their sins, which were more than likely the identical thing the woman was accused of doing.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
Maybe sometime you should try reading for comprehension. That story was not about the hypocracy of the Pharisees, but the total failure to actually follow the Law concerning adultery. FYI, Jesus was VERY likely a Pharisee himself, of the Hillel school. Most of his saying were taught by Hillel, and they coflict with the teachings of the Shumai school of Pharisees - those teachings show up in the NT as generic "Pharisee".

BOTH the woman AND the man should have been there to be stoned, AND they would have had to have been tried and convicted before the Sanhedrin court before the sentence could be carried out. I suspect that the woman was a prostitute, and that several of her customers were in that audience waiting to stone her.

Oh, and you should be aware that that passage does not appear in the earliest manuscripts, and various mss have it in different places. It looks like it was a later addition to the gospel and was not part of the original.

#5732 Feb 13, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
That's where the disputes begin. Can all the prophecies be fulfilled in his life time or are some futuristic for after his death?
Jesus was the only person (mythical or real) whom it was said for three centuries after his death that he fulfilled the prophecies.
No other person (mythical or real) of the time of Jesus was said to have also fulfilled the prophecies that Jesus had fulfilled.
Except that it was also said that Bar Kokba fulfilled the prophecies, and that he was the Messiah. He even had a larger following than Jesus, and came closer to actually getting Rome out of Jerusalem.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_bar_Kokhba

And more to the point, Jesus did not fulfill many of the prophecies, thus proving that he was not the Messiah. the fact that no one else has either does not make the case for Jesus any better. He still failed. Next contestant please.

#5733 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
All your double talk and lies won't help gays inherit God's Kingdom. The Bible condemns them throughout. They "will not inherit the Kingdom of God."
1 Corinthians 6
9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous WILL NOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, NOR HOMOSEXUALS, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.
Gross conceptual error. The word you pretend means homosexual is the Greek word <arsenokoites> which Paul INVENTED. It is made up of root words that mean "man" and "beds" - man singular, beds plural. It is MORE legitimate to claim that it means men who bounce from bed to bed: it is a condemnation of male promiscuity, which was considered normal in the Greek society that Paul was addressing in his letter.

#5734 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
It does. Homosexuals were executed in the OT.
But ONLY if they had sex with the qadeshim, the (male) temple prostitutes that were what was condemned in Leviticus 18:22 & 20:13.

After all, the Bible could hardly condemn homosexuality when it so clearly CELEBRATES the marriage of David and Johnathan.

#5735 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Our English Bibles warn us of the eternal fire and condemn gays.
Homosexuals "will not inherit the Kingdom of God". Perfectly clear.
So? The English is meaningless and utterly irrelevant if the discussion is about the actual meaning of the verse. ALL translations contain errors, it is impossible to translate anything without creating errors because languages simply do not have a one to one correspondence with one another. And that is especially true when you are dealing with languages as far apart linguistically as English and Hebrew. Then, when you add in the fact that some English Bibles were translated from Greek rather than directly from Hebrew, and you quadruple the errorss.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#5736 Feb 13, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is afraid of love? I don't hate anyone but I won't say that sinful lifestyles are okay. Only a person who hates you would keep quiet when they see someone heading for destruction.
REAL Christians such as myself are filled with love. But we will defend ourselves when lied about and trolled.
You're full of something but it's not love.

If you knew anything about my life, there is no way you could say I am "heading for destruction." You can't imagine how stupid that sounds.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#5737 Feb 13, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at the perverted name you use to make your posts. YOU have no manners or even any common decency. I'm posting on a Christian forum.
There is something wrong with you that you feel the need to keep insisting on that.

#5738 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had a life why would you come to a Christian forum to attack the Bible and believers? Answer: Satan is your father.
I come here for the same reason that I am studying to become a teacher for special needs children: the ignorant need to be taught. I am trying to make the world a better place.

#5739 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
If you knew anything about the Bible you wouldn't be defending gays.
If you knew anything about the Bible, you would not be condemning them.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#5740 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
False accusation. There is a HUGE difference between committing a sin and living in sin.
Most divorced and remarried people are living in sin, hypocrite.

#5741 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally unBiblical. The eternal fire is awaiting gays. God's angels will soon hunt them down.
Matthew 13:40-42 (NASB)
40 So just as the tares are gathered up and burned with fire, SO SHALL IT BE AT THE END OF THE AGE. 41 "The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all stumbling blocks, and those who commit lawlessness, 42 and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Eternal Hell is a myth. The Bible says so...

Jeremiah 3:12 ... I am merciful, saith the LORD, and I will not keep anger for ever.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#5742 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
"Posted in the Christian Forum"
Seriously? ANOTHER dumb person who can't handle the fact that he is ALSO posting in the gay/lesbian forum?

Get over it.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#5743 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
If you knew anything about the Bible you wouldn't be defending gays.
If you knew anything about God, you wouldn't be defending "the" bible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Baker wants US Supreme Court to hear gay weddin... 3 hr davy 10
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... 5 hr Rose_NoHo 204
News 4 GOP candidates sign anti-gay marriage pledge (Aug '15) 14 hr swedenforever 513
News Connecticut's convention-goers head home, many ... 23 hr In Hillary Gays T... 1
News Can a new chief rabbi change the Israeli Rabbin... (Apr '13) Fri indict ELTON JOHN 17
News Newly released court documents cast doubt on Gi... (Dec '11) Fri Eddie Munster 30
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) Fri Right On 31,932
More from around the web