Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16098 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#5605 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuals "will not inherit the Kingdom of God", according to God. Your opinion can't change that.
Somehow your opinion is IRRELEVANT......YOU'RE NOT GOD AND THEREFORE HAVE NO SAY IN THE MATTER......when are you bible thumping idiots going to figure that out?

You are entitled to believe what Paul/Saul wrote, but those words aren't from God and therefore have no bearing on GOD'S JUDGMENT ON ME!!!

#5606 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had a life why would you come to a Christian forum to attack the Bible and believers? Answer: Satan is your father.
Why can't you bible thumpers get it through your THICK SKULL......topix is a PUBLIC forum and people can post their opinions anywhere they want!!!

If you had a life, why would you come to topix to bash others JUST because they believe differently than you do? Answer: Because you need to bash others in hope that somehow your otherwise pathetic life might have some meaning to it!!!

#5607 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Gays are condemned in every English Bible I have studied, including KJV.
Romans 1:26-27 (KJV)
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
Again, these AREN'T God's words.......there letters written by Paul and nothing else and they have to do with heterosexuals, not Gays or Lesbians!!!

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#5608 Feb 13, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Somehow your opinion is IRRELEVANT......YOU'RE NOT GOD AND THEREFORE HAVE NO SAY IN THE MATTER......when are you bible thumping idiots going to figure that out?
You are entitled to believe what Paul/Saul wrote, but those words aren't from God and therefore have no bearing on GOD'S JUDGMENT ON ME!!!
Are you really saying Romans 1 doesn't condemn gays? Peter called ALL of Paul's letters "Scriptures". Romans is indeed confirmed as God's Words.

2 Peter 3
15 and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you, 16 as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the SCRIPTURES, to their own destruction.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#5609 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
This thread is about gays.
No. This thread is about inter-sect relations.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#5610 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. But that doesn't mean God won't send them to Hell. Romans 1 condemns all gays.
Romans 1
26 For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper,
That's just Saul and his Stoic view of things.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#5611 Feb 13, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't you bible thumpers get it through your THICK SKULL......topix is a PUBLIC forum and people can post their opinions anywhere they want!!!
If you had a life, why would you come to topix to bash others JUST because they believe differently than you do? Answer: Because you need to bash others in hope that somehow your otherwise pathetic life might have some meaning to it!!!
This is a "Christian" forum. Why are you here other than to attack the Bible? I am here to discuss the Bible.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#5612 Feb 13, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, these AREN'T God's words.......there letters written by Paul and nothing else and they have to do with heterosexuals, not Gays or Lesbians!!!
Paul called you "ignorant".

1 Corinthians 14
37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord. 38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#5613 Feb 13, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just Saul and his Stoic view of things.
Actually it's Paul, and he called you "ignorant".

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

#5614 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a "Christian" forum. Why are you here other than to attack the Bible? I am here to discuss the Bible.
This is the Gay/Lesbian forum. Why are you here?

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/T0I77PKMN...

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#5615 Feb 13, 2013
victoria1 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the Gay/Lesbian forum. Why are you here?
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/T0I77PKMN...
"Posted in the Christian Forum"

#5616 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really saying Romans 1 doesn't condemn gays? Peter called ALL of Paul's letters "Scriptures". Romans is indeed confirmed as God's Words.
Yep, THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I'M SAYING......but idiots like yourself don't care as long as you can find some reason to bash Gays and Lesbians.......and besides our Government DOESN'T work off of your biblical beliefs.......we are not a THEOCRACY.......and therefore you are entitled to hate Gays and Lesbians all you want in your personal life......but the laws of this Country CAN NOT!!!

I no more care what Peter claimed anymore than I care what Paul wrote........your bible, your beliefs END where mine begin......and your dumbazz thumpers can figure that out!!!

#5617 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul called you "ignorant".
1 Corinthians 14
Sorry, but Paul/Saul didn't call me anything......ignorant wasn't in his vocabulary because it wasn't coined back then and he's been dead like what....over 1000 years or more.......so, again, the only idiot around cyberspace would be you and your idiotic thumpers!!!

Seems the word was coined until roughly 1931, so if Paul used it......your bible needs to be trashed......just like you!!!

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#5618 Feb 13, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I'M SAYING......but idiots like yourself don't care as long as you can find some reason to bash Gays and Lesbians.......and besides our Government DOESN'T work off of your biblical beliefs.......we are not a THEOCRACY.......and therefore you are entitled to hate Gays and Lesbians all you want in your personal life......but the laws of this Country CAN NOT!!!
I no more care what Peter claimed anymore than I care what Paul wrote........your bible, your beliefs END where mine begin......and your dumbazz thumpers can figure that out!!!
You have it backwards. Christians are not attacking gays. Gays and sympathizers are attacking the Bible. A typical assault. You attack and then play the victim. The Bible will be your judge and so you will lose for certain.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

OMFUG

#5619 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
No proof of that. Why are you posting on a thread in the gay/lesbian forum?

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#5620 Feb 13, 2013
victoria1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No proof of that. Why are you posting on a thread in the gay/lesbian forum?
I quoted right below the title of this thread.

Why are you posting in the "Christian Forum"?

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#5621 Feb 13, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but Paul/Saul didn't call me anything......ignorant wasn't in his vocabulary because it wasn't coined back then and he's been dead like what....over 1000 years or more.......so, again, the only idiot around cyberspace would be you and your idiotic thumpers!!!
Seems the word was coined until roughly 1931, so if Paul used it......your bible needs to be trashed......just like you!!!
Yes, God called you "ignorant". That is why you attack Him.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

OMFUG

#5622 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I quoted right below the title of this thread.
Why are you posting in the "Christian Forum"?

Posted in the Gay/Lesbian Forum

So did I, so again why are posting on a thread in the Gay/Lesbian forum and questioning why a lesbian posts on it?

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#5623 Feb 13, 2013
victoria1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Posted in the Gay/Lesbian Forum
So did I, so again why are posting on a thread in the Gay/Lesbian forum and questioning why a lesbian posts on it?
To warn gays of their eternal fate in the Lake of Fire.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#5624 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
It does. Homosexuals were executed in the OT.
No
Your 'bible' is a fake if it has 'homosexual' in it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 28 min No Surprise 6,821
News Microphone cut after Mormon girl reveals she's ... 23 hr Latter Day Taints 2
News Microphone cut after Mormon girl reveals shea s... Fri Cordwainer Trout 1
News Intimidation allegations mar Ontario PC candida... Fri nasty bunch 1
News MIA gay marriage heroes Thu The Troll Stopper 4
News Bar patrons keep drinking during armed robbery Jun 22 cantread 3
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) Jun 22 Prince 31,998
More from around the web