Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,103

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Read more

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#5563 Feb 12, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
I can only judge them by their posts. Yes, heathen anti-Christian trolls will *high-five and defend* one another.
Do you enjoy mocking and disgracing Christianity to get your *giggles*? Are you getting good *giggles* tonight?
You're not supposed to judge people.

In the absence of evidence supporting your judgement, we are forced to conclude this is another of your slanderous rotten lies.

What number do you fundies attach to the false witness commandment?

Here's a clue: Bigger than zero and less than eleven.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#5564 Feb 12, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>U are going to hate karma..or is she already chewing on you..
You are pushing an elephant up the stairs..and for the WRONG reason. U won't succeed..love always wins in the end. Bend spoons for good, make the flowers bloom, idiot. Your sh1t kills.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#5565 Feb 12, 2013
Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not rocket science. Jesus did NOT fulfill the prophecies.
Matter of interpretation.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#5566 Feb 12, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm posting on a Christian forum.
See how wrong you can be?

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#5567 Feb 12, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
You lost decency decades ago. You are posting on a GAY FORUM too, and clinging to idiocy.
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm coming to this thread via the Christian forum. But the thread itself is still about Christianity and churches no matter where else it may be located.

Location hidden

#5568 Feb 12, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>River Tam wrote, "<quoted text>
"

I'm coming to this thread via the Christian forum. But the thread itself is still about Christianity and churches no matter where else it may be located.
That may be but you are still posting in a GAY(horror!!) forum. I bet your Jesus frowns on you talking to gay people..unless u are condemning them. True? What a dilemma for ur..either stfu or be a dick..wwjd?
LowellGuy

Lowell, MA

#5569 Feb 12, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm in the Word of God daily reading, studying, learning, memorizing the scriptures.
The "cast the first stone" story about the adulterer had to do with the Pharisees being hypocrites. Jesus (Immanuel...God with us) knew their sins, which were more than likely the identical thing the woman was accused of doing.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
Or, you know, she could have committed the sin of being raped, for which God's prescribed punishment was death by stoning. Would you stone your mother to death for being raped?

“SCOTUS will Rule in June for”

Since: Aug 08

MARRIAGE EQUALITY:-)

#5570 Feb 12, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Actually NO, this thread is about Churches that will marry Same-Sex Couples and those that won't.......and so it's more than just about Christianity.........it's about marriage, the right to marry for Gay and Lesbian couples.......and it's also about some Churches trying to dictate to other Churches about what they can and can't do!!!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#5571 Feb 12, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Hebrews 13
Take care to show hospitality to all men for some have unknowingly entertained angels.
Of course. But that doesn't mean God won't send them to Hell. Romans 1 condemns all gays.

Romans 1
26 For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper,

Location hidden

#5572 Feb 12, 2013
Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
<quoted text>
you need to make it clear, dollarsbill, that it is the spokesperson (you) for the false god of the Roman hoax of Christianity that is making this hateful judgment in contradiction to this scripture from the very same bible you falsely claim to follow:
1 John 4:8 (King James Version)
"8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love."
Only a madman would equate eternal torture with LOVE!
And then have the audacity to claim his god hates everyone but him and those that agree with him!
Are you sure that you are not the sock puppet of Fred Phelps?
That's some pretty intense bible thumping you have been doing here on topix, dollarsbill!
All your double talk and lies won't help gays inherit God's Kingdom. The Bible condemns them throughout. They "will not inherit the Kingdom of God."

1 Corinthians 6
9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous WILL NOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, NOR HOMOSEXUALS, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

Location hidden

#5573 Feb 12, 2013
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Man's bible is a book.
God's bible has no words and is a spirituality in my head. It gets longer and longer as time goes by. It is unique for each person.
I'm always thumping my bible.
Which means you reject the God of the Bible because He condemns you to eternal fire. Your erroneous opinions won't save you when you stand before God. You're just another religious person without salvation.

Location hidden

#5574 Feb 12, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
The Authorized King James Bible doesn't condemn us
Quite the opposite
It does. Homosexuals were executed in the OT.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#5575 Feb 12, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually NO, this thread is about Churches that will marry Same-Sex Couples and those that won't.......and so it's more than just about Christianity.........it's about marriage, the right to marry for Gay and Lesbian couples.......and it's also about some Churches trying to dictate to other Churches about what they can and can't do!!!
It's apparent that this is being seen in many forums. I got here through the Mormon forum.

Marysville, CA

#5576 Feb 12, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
So was anyone having sex outside of marriage.

#5577 Feb 12, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. But that doesn't mean God won't send them to Hell. Romans 1 condemns all gays.
Paul is supposedly condemning folks, not God......and there is nothing in those scriptures that mentions sexual activity between women nor men......just what your imagination wants to believe!!!

Here is something you folks need to read:
Seven or eight main biblical passages that may deal with same-gender sexual behavior are described below. They are often referred to as "clobber" passages, because they are often used to attack persons with a homosexual or bisexual orientation. Unfortunately, they have been interpreted very differently by various religious denominations, para-church groups, and traditions. All groups recognize that these biblical passages condemn some types of behavior but there is no consensus within a given religion whether it refers to same-gender sexual behavior, and whether it refers to all people or only to persons with a heterosexual orientation.

Only one passage, in Romans 1, discusses female same-sex sexual behavior. This text refers to male and female heterosexuals, who were former Christians who have left the faith, reverted to Paganism, and apparently engaged in some form of religiously inspired same-gender sex orgy against their basic nature. The passages appears to refer only to heterosexual men and women and say nothing about same-sex behavior by gays and lesbians. Some theologians have interpreted this passage as also condemning persons with a homosexual orientation who engage in opposite-sex sexual behavior against their basic nature.

Most conservative faith groups tend to interpret all of the clobber passages as condemning all forms of same-gender sexual behavior, whether by men or women. They do this, even though only one of the seven or eight passages actually refers to women, and this lone passage refers only to women with a heterosexual orientation.
http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_bibl.ht...

Marysville, CA

#5578 Feb 12, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
All your double talk and lies won't help gays inherit God's Kingdom. The Bible condemns them throughout. They "will not inherit the Kingdom of God."
1 Corinthians 6
9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous WILL NOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, NOR HOMOSEXUALS, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.
Then, which reason in that list is going to condemn you?

Location hidden

#5579 Feb 12, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Bible is true, then there is no Hell. And gays have a LOT less to worry about than xians do with their worship of a false god.
Matthew 18:8-9 (NASB)
8 "If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; it is better for you to enter life crippled or lame, than to have two hands or two feet and be cast into THE ETERNAL FIRE. 9 "If your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out and throw it from you. It is better for you to enter life with one eye, than to have two eyes and be cast into THE FIERY HELL.

#5580 Feb 12, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
It's apparent that this is being seen in many forums. I got here through the Mormon forum.
I have come to this both through the Gay/Lesbian forum and the Christian forum!!!

I have to say, I see more threads about Gays and Lesbians in the Christian forum than in the Gay/Lesbian forum..........and regardless of where Romans Road believes he/she is posting in........it matters not!!!

Peace to you:-)

#5581 Feb 12, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
So, were women, children and many others.....your point?

Do you follow the scriptures word for word from cover to cover in the bible? and if you don't, why do you want others to?

Location hidden

#5582 Feb 12, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
So? The only thing that really matters is what it says in the original Hebrew. Translation ALWAYS introduces errors.
Our English Bibles warn us of the eternal fire and condemn gays.

Homosexuals "will not inherit the Kingdom of God". Perfectly clear.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 6 min Spotted Girl 30,792
News Indiana Gov. Pence set to sign religious object... 8 min WelbyMD 30
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 10 min raider4life 1,551
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 16 min Respect71 1,540
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 46 min Not Yet Equal 1,890
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 53 min Brian_G 51,856
News Indiana lawmakers send religious objection bill... 1 hr barefoot2626 53
More from around the web