Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16098 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#5438 Feb 11, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Which has jackshit to do with evolution. People just started procreating more vigorously.
Vigorously, Wayne? I betcha Lilith is a blast.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#5439 Feb 11, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
When ever folks like RR give a link, I always check the about us first......this will tell me all I need to know about what may come out of them......and it did!!!
I know exactly who the ICR is. That's why I checked their sources immediatly. They're on the same level of trustworth as Ken Hamm.

“"Freedom isn't free"”

Since: Feb 10

Sacramento Ca.

#5440 Feb 11, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
You fancy yourself a comic, I know. Lilith is more in your line of floozies and you have no biblicl moxy.
"Judge NOT lest YE be judged" Jesus weeps for you! And,"Let those without SIN,cast the first stone" 0 for 2,care to keep going you Faux Christian?

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#5441 Feb 11, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
I know exactly who the ICR is. That's why I checked their sources immediatly. They're on the same level of trustworth as Ken Hamm.
And as RR has posted before......he thinks that person truly knows Biblical doctrine........and yes, I know the name......and he's just as much a nut as RR is!!!

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#5442 Feb 12, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
David heard the news that he had lost not only someone he loved as a brother but someone who was at times a father figure to him and who at times was his dreaded enemy and he was in sorrow.
Jonathon and David maintained a close and unwavering friendship.
Get real people!!!!!!!!
And God will be between David's seed and Jonathan's seed. Onan was punished for spilling his seed on the floor, but God will separate their seed. Why would they need to strip naked just to cry and declare an oath to one another?

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#5443 Feb 12, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
"Genetics Research Confirms Biblical Timeline"
http://www.icr.org/article/7231/
ICR : science :: ICP : magnets

http://youtu.be/OvmvxAcT_Yc

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#5444 Feb 12, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
No.... why mock, lie, and try to twist the Word of God to defend perverted sin-infested lifestyles? Admit you're a sinner, admit you need Jesus to cleanse you from your sins, ask Jesus to forgive you and come into your life, confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead.......
Notice, not once in all of your babbling fundie posts do you present ANY evidence at all that what you are saying it true. No, you can't quote the Wholly Buy-bull to prove the Wholly Buy-bull. That's like quoting the Qur'an to prove Allah is the true god.

So, come on, give us some provable, testable, observable evidence that what you are claiming is true, or STFU. Deal?

Santa Monica, CA

#5445 Feb 12, 2013
Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
<quoted text>that's cause you christians are flucking hatefilled morazzess
Ah. You always know exactly what to say!

Santa Monica, CA

#5446 Feb 12, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
"Genetics Research Confirms Biblical Timeline"
http://www.icr.org/article/7231/
icr = institute for creation research
Dismissed.

Santa Monica, CA

#5447 Feb 12, 2013
Why Christianity is impossible to believe:

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#5448 Feb 12, 2013
Neil Andblowme wrote:
From your link...
"Traditional Judaism NEVER believed that there would be a supernatural virgin-born Messiah who would be killed as an atonement for sin."
Traditional Judaism still wouldn't recognize the messiah if he was walking the earth today as they believe he will come.
When Jesus, a born and bred Jew raised among the Jews all his life did as any mortal Jew would do, and was fulfilling specific prophecies as he aged into adult hood, they still didn't recognize him.
Before he told his disciples he had to be killed to atone for their sins, he was doing things that fulfilled the prophecies of the messiah to come and they didn't recognize him.
I find it ludicrous that if they didn't recognize a mortal guy fulfilling age old prophecies 2000 years ago, that they claim they would recognize him if he came today doing the same things done 2000 years ago.
As it happened 2000 years ago it would happen again today. If a 'messiah' came among the Jews being a Jew and did as Jesus did fulfilling age old prophecies, some Jews would accept him and most Jews would reject him.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#5449 Feb 12, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Where'd you get that from?
You
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#5450 Feb 12, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
And God will be between David's seed and Jonathan's seed. Onan was punished for spilling his seed on the floor, but God will separate their seed. Why would they need to strip naked just to cry and declare an oath to one another?
Because people don't consummate marriage with their clothes on
They get naked just like it says here:
++++++++++
1 Samuel 18 :1> And it came to passe when hee made an ende of speaking vnto Saul, that the soule of Ionathan was knit with the soule of Dauid, and Ionathan loued him as his owne soule.
1 Samuel 18:3> Then Ionathan and Dauid made a couenant, because he loued him as his owne soule.
1 Samuel 18:4> And Ionathan stript himselfe of the robe that was vpon him, and gaue it to Dauid, and his garments, euen to his sword, and to his bow, and to his girdle.
1 Samuel 20:41> And assoone as the ladde was gone, Dauid arose out of a place toward the South, and fell on his face to the ground, and bowed himselfe three times: and they kissed one another, and wept one with another, vntill Dauid exceeded.
1 Samuel 20:42> And Ionathan said to Dauid, Goe in peace, forasmuch as wee haue sworne both of vs in the Name of the Lord, saying; The Lord be betweene me and thee, and betweene my seede and thy seede for euer. And hee arose, and departed: and Ionathan went into the citie.
2 Samuel 1:25> How are the mightie fallen in the midst of the battell! O Ionathan, thou wast slaine in thine high places.
2 Samuel 1:26> I am distressed for thee, my brother Ionathan, very pleasant hast thou beene vnto mee: thy loue to mee was wonderfull, passing the loue of women.
++++++++++
See what I mean; Vern?
http://jimvarney.org/ernest.jpg

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#5451 Feb 12, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
You
That would be false. Maybe you have me confused with somebody else? Either that or you are outright lying.

Lililth_Satans_B ore

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#5452 Feb 12, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah. You always know exactly what to say!
its a gift...lol

#5453 Feb 12, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Because people don't consummate marriage with their clothes on
They get naked just like it says here:
++++++++++
1 Samuel 18 :1> And it came to passe when hee made an ende of speaking vnto Saul, that the soule of Ionathan was knit with the soule of Dauid, and Ionathan loued him as his owne soule.
1 Samuel 18:3> Then Ionathan and Dauid made a couenant, because he loued him as his owne soule.
1 Samuel 18:4> And Ionathan stript himselfe of the robe that was vpon him, and gaue it to Dauid, and his garments, euen to his sword, and to his bow, and to his girdle.
1 Samuel 20:41> And assoone as the ladde was gone, Dauid arose out of a place toward the South, and fell on his face to the ground, and bowed himselfe three times: and they kissed one another, and wept one with another, vntill Dauid exceeded.
1 Samuel 20:42> And Ionathan said to Dauid, Goe in peace, forasmuch as wee haue sworne both of vs in the Name of the Lord, saying; The Lord be betweene me and thee, and betweene my seede and thy seede for euer. And hee arose, and departed: and Ionathan went into the citie.
2 Samuel 1:25> How are the mightie fallen in the midst of the battell! O Ionathan, thou wast slaine in thine high places.
2 Samuel 1:26> I am distressed for thee, my brother Ionathan, very pleasant hast thou beene vnto mee: thy loue to mee was wonderfull, passing the loue of women.
++++++++++
See what I mean; Vern?
http://jimvarney.org/ernest.jpg
NORMAL human beings can undress/change in front of someone without breaking into a perverted sex act. Apparently homosexuals don't understand this?

Those verses show that David and Jonathan were close friends, like brothers. Here they are again in modern spelling from the 1611.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#5454 Feb 12, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
NORMAL human beings can undress/change in front of someone without breaking into a perverted sex act. Apparently homosexuals don't understand this?
Those verses show that David and Jonathan were close friends, like brothers. Here they are again in modern spelling from the 1611.
Normal people can also undress without hugging and weeping and what not. What the hell was that all about?

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#5455 Feb 12, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
You make it sound like they were getting changed in the gym locker room or something.

#5456 Feb 12, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Normal people can also undress without hugging and weeping and what not. What the hell was that all about?
What was what about? Obviously David and Jonathan were close friends who cared deeply for one another.......they were like brothers.

Jonathan's father Saul wanted David killed. Yet Jonathan loved David like a brother and went against his own father to help keep his friend safe. You people need to actually read these stories and stop turning them into perverted "bathroom stall" antics.

NORMAL people don't think everything is about sex acts and lust.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#5457 Feb 12, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be false. Maybe you have me confused with somebody else? Either that or you are outright lying.
I asked you what church you attend; and you danced around the question like an Indian at a pow-wow; and didn't answer the question
So
What church did you attend this past Sunday?
hmmmmmm-mm? ;o))

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Will Islam Inherit the Earth? 1 hr J Trudeau _ A Hus... 175
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 3 hr Rose_NoHo 5,587
News What to Watch: a JonBenet,a a Rodney King,a a E... Mon KCinNYC 1
News 'This is the Trump era': Sessions takes aim at ... Mon slick willie expl... 4
News Trump's polarizing policies push some to greate... Apr 21 Member 7
News LGBT rights 'absolutely central' to my belief i... Apr 19 Rubio s Foam Partays 3
News Lacusong: What is your religion's ultimate goal? Apr 19 True Christian wi... 5
More from around the web