Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments
4,661 - 4,680 of 16,105 Comments Last updated Aug 28, 2013

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#5395 Feb 11, 2013
Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text> You do realize that each sect of christianity says the same thing, don't you? Why should we believe YOU?
I think it's very interesting that you claim to stand for and defend the "Word of God" and immediately start screaming SINNERS! Is that all you get out of your Buybull? Really? You don't see the big picture. You're missing the best part.
People with hateful, prejudiced personalities always preach sin and damnation to others.

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

Del Valle, TX

#5396 Feb 11, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
So can Jews of your stripe, or your Jewish Jesus define the insititution of marriage?
Marriage is the undying love and oneness between two people. I really can't see the difference between same sex or opposite sex marriage as far as the spiritual aspect goes.
Love is love. Why should some outside person care?
People make marriage flawed, hetero or homo. No difference.
Man's laws are only relevant with regards to taxes and insurance.
Homosexuals deserve equal benefits under the law.

Location hidden

#5397 Feb 11, 2013
Ignorance and superstition promotes hate.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#5398 Feb 11, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm tired of play "Christians" making a mockery out of the sacrificial BLOOD of Jesus. They think it's funny to get *giggles and high-fives and tee hees and laughs* on a discussion forum.........but they are a complete disgusting disgrace.
They are not Christians at all!
I am mad at you, so kill some of my pets and it'll be all good.

Well, that doesn't seem to be working, so kill one of my children and THAT will make me feel better about you.

Sound nuts?

That's because it IS.

“It's all in your head”

Del Valle, TX

#5399 Feb 11, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Mistranslation. The original says "young woman". Obviously, there could be a presumption that a young woman was a virgin, but if you would bother to read the passage IN CONTEXT, it is clear that Isaiah was talking to King Ahaz about a young woman who was present or known to them both. It is a reasonable assumption to believe that she was in fact pregnant at the time the prophecy was uttered.
What is NOT reasonable is to believe that Isaiah would have given Ahaz a prophecy concerning the immanent invasion of Judah when the prophecy would not be fulfilled for centuries.
I wonder why all the prophets only lived a long time ago. Are there an any modern day prophets that aren't considered a little "off"? If there are, I'd like to read about them.

Location hidden

#5400 Feb 11, 2013
typo: promote

“It's all in your head”

Del Valle, TX

#5401 Feb 11, 2013
tickedoffchic wrote:
typo: promote
You have been forgiven because you have repented for your sin.

Well, I have forgiven you for that typo.
Peace

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#5402 Feb 11, 2013
Seriously__ wrote:
God's way is absolutely best and if Christians obeyed Him there would be much less tension here. God commands we behave towards others with respect, hospitality, mercy and compassion. If we Christians cannot get our message across while honoring God's commands, then we should remain silent until we learn to relay our message in a manner that both honors God and shows obedience to God.
God bless.
Sounds pretty good to me.
forgiven

Saint Paul, MN

#5403 Feb 11, 2013
Don't know why Christians (using the term loosely here) are getting upset that gay marriage is being passed. I don't support gay marriage, but seriously people, try not to get too attached. Stand up for what you believe in but don't start attacking others.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#5404 Feb 11, 2013
forgiven wrote:
Don't know why Christians (using the term loosely here) are getting upset that gay marriage is being passed. I don't support gay marriage, but seriously people, try not to get too attached. Stand up for what you believe in but don't start attacking others.
What he said. Man the fundies go into freak mode.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#5405 Feb 11, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
friendship between David and Jonathan....
Jonathan accepted the word of God that David was to be the next king and even swore an oath to David to serve him in his kingdom.

Where do you people come up with your information???
They(anti-Christian trolls) just make things up and repeat it over and over. That and/or they use untrue and debunked anti-Christian nonsense to "prove their point" against what they call the "buybull".

It's quite sad what rejecting salvation does to a person. At least it shows the people reading these threads how unrepentant SIN destroys even a person's basic common sense.

Proverbs 14:9- Fools make a mock at sin: but among the righteous there is favour.
----------

Question- "How do I get right with God?"
Answer- http://www.gotquestions.org/get-right-with-Go...

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#5406 Feb 11, 2013
forgiven wrote:
Why don't you support gay marriage aka freedom and equality for all Americans?

“It's all in your head”

Del Valle, TX

#5407 Feb 11, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
They(anti-Christian trolls) just make things up and repeat it over and over. That and/or they use untrue and debunked anti-Christian nonsense to "prove their point" against what they call the "buybull".
It's quite sad what rejecting salvation does to a person. At least it shows the people reading these threads how unrepentant SIN destroys even a person's basic common sense.
Proverbs 14:9- Fools make a mock at sin: but among the righteous there is favour.
----------
Why would anyone reject salvation?
You do not know what salvation is for each uniquely individual person. Who hates Christ?
You need to try and understand there are many different humans on the planet and all have their own concept and connection with
God. It's a very personal experience and just because it's not exactly like your connection does not mean it's from Satan.
Be fruitful with your personal connection, but also accept that others can be fruitful with their very own connection with what guides them through life.
I really think Jesus would want you to recognize these things.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#5408 Feb 11, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
You don't even go to church
Shame on you

#5409 Feb 11, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't even go to church
Shame on you
Where'd you get that from?
Sola Scriptura

Dunbar, WV

#5410 Feb 11, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly child, once again the Bible says you are lying...
Deuteronomy 30:11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.
30:12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
30:13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
30:14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.
"Satan" is just a myth and myths cannot blind anyone. Anyone who tries can learn what the Bible really says
As usual, you are confused. Still hanging out with the mocking Jews?

#5411 Feb 11, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>What he said. Man the fundies go into freak mode.
No.... why mock, lie, and try to twist the Word of God to defend perverted sin-infested lifestyles? Admit you're a sinner, admit you need Jesus to cleanse you from your sins, ask Jesus to forgive you and come into your life, confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead.......
Sola Scriptura

Dunbar, WV

#5412 Feb 11, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do I dismiss them? Because they aren't evidence of a global flood. Scientists don't deny that massive floods have occured throughout time. For fu&k sake, take some damn comprehension classes you whiskey tango cousin fu&ker.
And you should take some lessons in attentiveness. I have never said Noahs flood was worldwide. You conceited, self centered atheists only think of yourselves. You have such a bias against Christians you pay no attention whatsoever.

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#5413 Feb 11, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
And you should take some lessons in attentiveness. I have never said Noahs flood was worldwide. You conceited, self centered atheists only think of yourselves. You have such a bias against Christians you pay no attention whatsoever.
that's cause you christians are flucking hatefilled morazzess

Since: Dec 09

Chicago, IL

#5414 Feb 11, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it infidelity if it's approved of by both partners?
Uhmmm....no.(as I only just learned after 'looking it up'.)
Infidelity pertains to marital disloyalty; adultery.
A breach of trust wherein one spouse is unfaithful, unbeknownst to the other.
So technically, infidelity wouldn't apply to either unmarried sexual partners, or to consensual non-exclusive sexual relationships.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 min Sadistic Homosexu... 49,514
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 7 min lides 24,888
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 20 min Insanity 31,196
Protester storms Families meeting 1 hr JohnInToronto 1
Refusal to sell wedding gowns to lesbian couple... 4 hr lides 153
3 states, plaintiffs want Supreme Court to hear... 10 hr Fa-Foxy 7
In the shade: Shade Redondo under construction ... 16 hr Veronica 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••