Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Read more: news.yahoo.com 16,103

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Read more

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#5376 Feb 11, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
I would want to sign off after that pile of tripe as well.
Ancient temple Juadism sacrificed lambs every passover in remeberance of the original lambvs blood spilled to save the Jewish children from the angel of death that visited the Eygpt.
Christ was sacificed at the time of passover. The last super was a passover meal. He is called the paschal lamb.(the passover lamb) or "the lamb of God"
Just as Abraham was asked to sacrifice his son for God, now it was God sacrificing his only begotten son for man..
You dont get anymore Jewish than that...
Judaism calls human sacrifice an abomination. Then too, Jesus met NONE of the criteria for being an allowable sacrifice. More to the point, the Bible also points out that every person is and always will be responsible for their own sins. No demi-god bastard can do anything about that.

By the way, was Jesus supposedly "sacrificed" on the day of Passover, or on the day of preparation for Passover? the gospels contradict one another on this point...

#5377 Feb 11, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you calling God a liar? Of course Noah's flood happened exactly the way the Holy Bible said it did.
Titus 1:2- In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;
Romans 3:4- God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.
Silly child, if you think that myth really happened, then tell me EXACTLY how many cattle did Noah take. Cite your reference.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#5378 Feb 11, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly child, you should actually read the real Messianic prophecies some day. Jesus failed to fulfill the majority of them. That has nothing to do with anyone else being able to fulfill them. In fact, right now, walking around today, there is someone with the ability to be the Messiah. The ONLY way to tell is that the Messiah will fulfill ALL of the prophecies: rebuilding the Temple so that blood sacrifices can resume, restoring the ten lost tribes, identifying exactly to which tribes the various people belong, bring peace and prosperity...
Jesus did none of those things.
I gotta agree with you there, Liam. There were a few, prior to Jesus, who also tried to fulfill the prophesies and failed. IMO, it will be the rebuilding of the Temple identifying the True Messiah, but I don't see that happening any time soon, at least in this lifetime.

#5379 Feb 11, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is only between a MAN and a WOMAN. This has been the only legitimate way since the first 2 humans, Adam and Eve.(Genesis 2:22-24)
No REAL Christian church or pastor will disobey the Word of God just to appease the world. The Anti-Christ churches will have no problems disobeying the Word of God though.
Obviously false, since the Bible celebrates the marriage of David and Johnathan. Oh, and plenty of verses demonstrate marriage between a man and several women.
Neil Andblowme

Hoboken, NJ

#5380 Feb 11, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
A REAL Christian stands for and defends the Word of God. SIN is SIN and will be called SIN. And Jesus Christ is the only way into Heaven!
You do realize that each sect of christianity says the same thing, don't you? Why should we believe YOU?

I think it's very interesting that you claim to stand for and defend the "Word of God" and immediately start screaming SINNERS! Is that all you get out of your Buybull? Really? You don't see the big picture. You're missing the best part.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#5381 Feb 11, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad you don't have the slightest clue as to what constitutes sin...
Hint: there are no verses in the Bible that label homosexuality a sin.
lol.....

Wrong!
Neil Andblowme

Hoboken, NJ

#5382 Feb 11, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
"Interestingly enough when the Septuagint was written by the 72 elders of Israel (six from each tribe) the writers specifically chose the Greek word "parthenos," for virgin. This clearly demonstrates the common Jewish understanding of this passage at that time. There is no doubt that Jewish leaders looked at this passage as a messianic passage with the expectation of some type of supernatural birth."
http://jewishroots.net/library/prophecy/isaia...
Those Jews would have understood the meaning and the intent far better than you.
You have no idea WHAT "those Jews" thought. Your quotes are from a wacked-out JewsforJesus propaganda mill.

Here are the simple facts:

1.Jesus did not fulfill the messianic prophecies.
2.Jesus did not embody the personal qualifications of the Messiah.
3.Biblical verses "referring" to Jesus are mistranslations.
4.Jewish belief is based on national revelation.

#5383 Feb 11, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure it did. Sinners mock our Word of God because you want to continue to live your filthy perverted lifestyles. The Word of God convicts you of your sins, thus you mock it and God's messengers who share it with you.
Every born again Christian, not only has authority to share, but is commanded by Jesus Christ to preach the gospel to every creature. Only a complete idiot would say otherwise.
You don't understand the Holy Bible because you are blinded by Satan. You want to continue living life "your way" instead of God's way.
Silly child, once again the Bible says you are lying...

Deuteronomy 30:11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.
30:12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
30:13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
30:14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.

"Satan" is just a myth and myths cannot blind anyone. Anyone who tries can learn what the Bible really says
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#5384 Feb 11, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously false, since the Bible celebrates the marriage of David and Johnathan. Oh, and plenty of verses demonstrate marriage between a man and several women.
friendship between David and Jonathan....

Jonathan accepted the word of God that David was to be the next king and even swore an oath to David to serve him in his kingdom.

Where do you people come up with your information???

#5385 Feb 11, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but I gave you the scripture proving you wrong. Whether you want to except it or not is up to you. But the prophecies are there. The Old Testament is anything but Greek scriptures. Isaiah was written at least a thousand years before Christ. Making up your own myths to try and dispel what you consider the myths of Christians today does not help your case.
"Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel." (Isaiah 7:14)
Mistranslation. The original says "young woman". Obviously, there could be a presumption that a young woman was a virgin, but if you would bother to read the passage IN CONTEXT, it is clear that Isaiah was talking to King Ahaz about a young woman who was present or known to them both. It is a reasonable assumption to believe that she was in fact pregnant at the time the prophecy was uttered.

What is NOT reasonable is to believe that Isaiah would have given Ahaz a prophecy concerning the immanent invasion of Judah when the prophecy would not be fulfilled for centuries.
Fitz

Roseville, MI

#5386 Feb 11, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh...I see, so not only does your version of Judism allow for same-sex "marriage" but you guys believe Jonathan & David were married and that polygamy is O.K. as well.

I just didnt know were you were coming from..

That must be reform Judism
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#5387 Feb 11, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly child, once again the Bible says you are lying...
Deuteronomy 30:11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.
30:12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
30:13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
30:14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.
"Satan" is just a myth and myths cannot blind anyone. Anyone who tries can learn what the Bible really says
2 Corinthians 4:4

4 The [god of this age] has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

This sinful world is Satan's domain.....
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#5388 Feb 11, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
friendship between David and Jonathan....
Jonathan accepted the word of God that David was to be the next king and even swore an oath to David to serve him in his kingdom.
Where do you people come up with your information???
Right here in the Authorized King James Bible (pay special attention to the last sentence) juicy juicy juicy!!
++++++++++
1 Samuel 18 :1> And it came to passe when hee made an ende of speaking vnto Saul, that the soule of Ionathan was knit with the soule of Dauid, and Ionathan loued him as his owne soule.
1 Samuel 18:3> Then Ionathan and Dauid made a couenant, because he loued him as his owne soule.
1 Samuel 18:4> And Ionathan stript himselfe of the robe that was vpon him, and gaue it to Dauid, and his garments, euen to his sword, and to his bow, and to his girdle.
1 Samuel 20:41> And assoone as the ladde was gone, Dauid arose out of a place toward the South, and fell on his face to the ground, and bowed himselfe three times: and they kissed one another, and wept one with another, vntill Dauid exceeded.
1 Samuel 20:42> And Ionathan said to Dauid, Goe in peace, forasmuch as wee haue sworne both of vs in the Name of the Lord, saying; The Lord be betweene me and thee, and betweene my seede and thy seede for euer. And hee arose, and departed: and Ionathan went into the citie.
2 Samuel 1:25> How are the mightie fallen in the midst of the battell! O Ionathan, thou wast slaine in thine high places.
2 Samuel 1:26> I am distressed for thee, my brother Ionathan, very pleasant hast thou beene vnto mee: thy loue to mee was wonderfull, passing the loue of women.
++++++++++
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#5389 Feb 11, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Right here in the Authorized King James Bible (pay special attention to the last sentence) juicy juicy juicy!!
++++++++++
1 Samuel 18 :1> And it came to passe when hee made an ende of speaking vnto Saul, that the soule of Ionathan was knit with the soule of Dauid, and Ionathan loued him as his owne soule.
1 Samuel 18:3> Then Ionathan and Dauid made a couenant, because he loued him as his owne soule.
1 Samuel 18:4> And Ionathan stript himselfe of the robe that was vpon him, and gaue it to Dauid, and his garments, euen to his sword, and to his bow, and to his girdle.
1 Samuel 20:41> And assoone as the ladde was gone, Dauid arose out of a place toward the South, and fell on his face to the ground, and bowed himselfe three times: and they kissed one another, and wept one with another, vntill Dauid exceeded.
1 Samuel 20:42> And Ionathan said to Dauid, Goe in peace, forasmuch as wee haue sworne both of vs in the Name of the Lord, saying; The Lord be betweene me and thee, and betweene my seede and thy seede for euer. And hee arose, and departed: and Ionathan went into the citie.
2 Samuel 1:25> How are the mightie fallen in the midst of the battell! O Ionathan, thou wast slaine in thine high places.
2 Samuel 1:26> I am distressed for thee, my brother Ionathan, very pleasant hast thou beene vnto mee: thy loue to mee was wonderfull, passing the loue of women.
++++++++++
David heard the news that he had lost not only someone he loved as a brother but someone who was at times a father figure to him and who at times was his dreaded enemy and he was in sorrow.

Jonathon and David maintained a close and unwavering friendship.

Get real people!!!!!!!!
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#5390 Feb 11, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
David heard the news that he had lost not only someone he loved as a brother but someone who was at times a father figure to him and who at times was his dreaded enemy and he was in sorrow.
Jonathon and David maintained a close and unwavering friendship.
Get real people!!!!!!!!
Consecrated marriage until death do we part!
That how we do it ;o))
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10026739...

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

Del Valle, TX

#5391 Feb 11, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
A REAL Christian stands for and defends the Word of God. SIN is SIN and will be called SIN. And Jesus Christ is the only way into Heaven!
Real Christians don't play footsies and kisses with Christ-hating trolls. That's the ultimate give-a-away.
I cannot detect anyone on here who hates Christ.
Please educate me so that I may detect these Christ-haters also.

“It's all in your head”

Del Valle, TX

#5392 Feb 11, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't you make your points without disparaging other people and/or outright lying about them and mischaracterizing them?
Read up on "bearing false witness."
Jesus didn't make an exception to say you can be a dick to people you don't like.
Romans cannot think for himself. It could be an IQ thing.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#5393 Feb 11, 2013
Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea WHAT "those Jews" thought. Your quotes are from a wacked-out JewsforJesus propaganda mill.
Here are the simple facts:
1.Jesus did not fulfill the messianic prophecies.
2.Jesus did not embody the personal qualifications of the Messiah.
3.Biblical verses "referring" to Jesus are mistranslations.
4.Jewish belief is based on national revelation.
Truth be told, I don't see you as an authority on the subject either. Why do Jews that believe in Jesus have to be "wacked out"? The first Christians were born Jews.
You haven't proven your point.

“It's all in your head”

Del Valle, TX

#5394 Feb 11, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
You are from Texas and you need to ask?
(And since humor never manages to survive the process of posting, yes that was a joke...)
Well it is hot as hell here in the summer time. Is that what they're talking about? But summer fires here are not a very good idea.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#5395 Feb 11, 2013
Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text> You do realize that each sect of christianity says the same thing, don't you? Why should we believe YOU?
I think it's very interesting that you claim to stand for and defend the "Word of God" and immediately start screaming SINNERS! Is that all you get out of your Buybull? Really? You don't see the big picture. You're missing the best part.
People with hateful, prejudiced personalities always preach sin and damnation to others.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Which presidential hopefuls would attend a gay ... 2 min Bill Im Home 16
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 49 min RevKen 31,791
News Gay 'marriage': A recipe for anarchy 1 hr RalphB 10
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 1 hr Boro parent 31,809
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 1 hr Wanderer2452 2,531
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 2,596
News CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple We... (Dec '13) 3 hr swedenforever 16,412
More from around the web