Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments (Page 227)

Showing posts 4,521 - 4,540 of16,111
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Fitz wrote:
Boy you sure have veered away from your original contention that gays wanted to and were just as monogomous as heterosexuals...all the way to "you guys cheat also!!"
<quoted text>
"New research at San Francisco State University reveals just how common open relationships are among gay men and lesbians in the Bay Area. The Gay Couples Study has followed 556 male couples for three years about 50 percent of those surveyed have sex outside their relationships, with the knowledge and approval of their partners."
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/29/us/29sfmetr...
Keep posting this dumbass. From your article :

The study also found open gay couples just as happy in their relationships as pairs in sexually exclusive unions, Dr. Hoff said. A different study, published in 1985, concluded that open gay relationships actually lasted longer.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/29/us/29sfmetr... ;

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Fitz wrote:
"New research at San Francisco State University reveals just how common open relationships are among gay men and lesbians in the Bay Area. The Gay Couples Study has followed 556 male couples for three years about 50 percent of those surveyed have sex outside their relationships, with the knowledge and approval of their partners."
<quoted text>
"Just as much"!!! Ha... 2% versus 50%..
Do you really think heterosexual married couples will ever be as "open" in their marriages as homosexuals?? gay males??? Even their Divorce statistics are ten times that of hetero's and thats with the open marriages as a given..
You guys are always sticking your feet in your mouth in trying to defend this nonsense... Dont you know any gay people??
You fu&king moron. It was 50 percent of those SURVEYED. 50% of 500 in the Bay area is hardly a representative example. You may want to try and comprehend your sources before post them from now on.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
"Just as much"!!! Ha... 2% versus 50%..
Do you really think heterosexual married couples will ever be as "open" in their marriages as homosexuals?? gay males??? Even their Divorce statistics are ten times that of hetero's and thats with the open marriages as a given..
You guys are always sticking your feet in your mouth in trying to defend this nonsense... Dont you know any gay people??
Did ya bother to read the links I provided? Obviously not otherwise you'd see that millions of married opposite-sex couples seem to be doing it....... interestingly enough, you seem to be upset over one group, but ignore the other.......and you folks do it in other areas as well, like anal sex.......but in reality......there are NO LAWS that state that a married couple MUST be faithful and obey in their wedding vows.......every couple has the right to define their marriage as long as it's not violating any laws......especially with regards to having an open marriage that includes swapping spouses!!!

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Nettie Exposed wrote:
<quoted text>When I am posting to other Christians, then it is relevant. Your attempts to dismiss your debat4e lack are not relevant. If you thought we were deceived into believing that you are here for conversation, they try again.
Homosexuality is caused by abuse and it must be hard to reconcile consciously that your dad abused you. Therefore, you block it and choose other men as daddy proxies.
Dismissed.

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Nettie Exposed wrote:
<quoted text>Open gay relationships lasted longer??? Are you stupid, that is like saying that nonexclusive random dating partners last longer. On other words, if you gays have sex with 100 different men then all the relationships last longer, because the relationships remain as stranger relationships.
Besides, when true studies of gays, pedophiles and rapists are done, they find that all are one in the same. Fluency exists among these groups.
It wasn't my source, numbnuts. If you don't agree with the source that's your fu&king problem, not mine.

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Nettie Exposed wrote:
<quoted text>Moron, so how does 10 dead gay men with AIDS become a representative sample when it comes to the gay brain? Stupid. 50% of 500 is indeed a great sample, so use your brain. When have gays ever used 500 gays in a sample study?? Never.
Could you please take a writing for comprehension class? Please? This merely comes across as your butt lips flapping.

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Nettie Exposed wrote:
<quoted text>Millions out of 7 billion people. Hardly a pimple. Besides, gaybot, what makes you think your mentally ill links are worthy of being read.
Anal sex, get a clue. The research asked if straights had tried anal sex in the last 2 years and it came back that 10% said they had tried it.
Big difference between 98% of gay men who regularly engage in anal oral sex and 91% in anal penile sex.
Also, 90% of lesbians by age 30 have had sex with a man, 95% of lesbians use dildos and engage in anal butt play.
Wife swapping is such a rarity among straights, we must conclude that your dad called you his wife swap.
7 billion is the population of the planet. LMAO! You can't be this fu&king stupid.
Fitz

Saint Clair Shores, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Did ya bother to read the links I provided? Obviously not otherwise you'd see that millions of married opposite-sex couples seem to be doing it....... interestingly enough, you seem to be upset over one group, but ignore the other.......and you folks do it in other areas as well, like anal sex.......but in reality......there are NO LAWS that state that a married couple MUST be faithful and obey in their wedding vows.......every couple has the right to define their marriage as long as it's not violating any laws......especially with regards to having an open marriage that includes swapping spouses!!!
Your own words & ideas show your causual disregard for the insititution of marriage, embrace of swapping and conte,mpt for fidelity...

You tried to assert that gay marriage was part of a move towoards gay exclusive monogomy...its not and thats easily verifiable.
Fitz

Saint Clair Shores, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep posting this dumbass. From your article :
The study also found open gay couples just as happy in their relationships as pairs in sexually exclusive unions, Dr. Hoff said. A different study, published in 1985, concluded that open gay relationships actually lasted longer.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/29/us/29sfmetr... ;
Your a fool who has a kneejerk reaction to every post...

You try and claim that gay couplee as mongomous as straight when everybody knows its not even close..

Then you..."they say their just as happy & therelationships last longer!!" -(so what...who cares, that was not my point)

Or (even better) Thats not a "representative sample"!!(so what?? Who needs one, only a fool would compare aples and oranges and expect them to be the same)

Damn you guys are so easily vexed because you make such ridiculous claims to begin with.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
Gays will burn in Hell forever it the Bible is true.
The Authorized King James Bible is an Ancient Book of Wisdom; not a law book
Now for the surprise:
http://etb-history-theology.blogspot.com/2012...

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Your a fool who has a kneejerk reaction to every post...
You try and claim that gay couplee as mongomous as straight when everybody knows its not even close..
Then you..."they say their just as happy & therelationships last longer!!" -(so what...who cares, that was not my point)
Or (even better) Thats not a "representative sample"!!(so what?? Who needs one, only a fool would compare aples and oranges and expect them to be the same)
Damn you guys are so easily vexed because you make such ridiculous claims to begin with.
Like I said, comparing certain populations in certain areas is not representative of the entire population. What if someone did a study of the beliefs of a certain compound in Topeka Kansas (Westboro Baptist) then aplied that to all christians? That's what you're doing here.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, comparing certain populations in certain areas is not representative of the entire population. What if someone did a study of the beliefs of a certain compound in Topeka Kansas (Westboro Baptist) then aplied that to all christians? That's what you're doing here.
Speaking of Westboro. Funny story, my son had an assignment in English class a week or so ago, to write a complaint letter. They could choose any recipient they wanted. My son chose to write a long complaint letter to the Westboro Baptist Church. A day or so later I posted on twitter how proud I was of him only to get retweet response from Fred Phelps Jr. Son of the founder of the church. Creeped methefuck out.

“... from a ...”

Since: Mar 09

GREAT HEIGHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Its enough just to debunk your point that homosexuals are somehow embracing actual monogomy..
I'm hardly going to run around and argue what constiitutes a "leader" in the "gay community"...(Micheal Savage?)
My problem is that gays have no intention of being monogomous in their relationships and its a fact that averyone knows yet you are so insecure that you have to pretend that is not a well established fact.
Interesting article that sup[ports your posittion. That was the least of my concerns.

Care to work on the others?

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

victoria1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of Westboro. Funny story, my son had an assignment in English class a week or so ago, to write a complaint letter. They could choose any recipient they wanted. My son chose to write a long complaint letter to the Westboro Baptist Church. A day or so later I posted on twitter how proud I was of him only to get retweet response from Fred Phelps Jr. Son of the founder of the church. Creeped methefuck out.
]

Holy shit! I bet it did. I've been to two counterprotests of these idiots.

If you ever get a chance find the counterprotests the people at comic con did a couple years ago. The signs were out of this world funny.

Tell your son I'm proud of him too.
:-)

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
The Authorized King James Bible is an Ancient Book of Wisdom; not a law book
Now for the surprise:
http://etb-history-theology.blogspot.com/2012...
I don't know of any English Bible that doesn't condemn homosexuals to Hell.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>]
Holy shit! I bet it did. I've been to two counterprotests of these idiots.
If you ever get a chance find the counterprotests the people at comic con did a couple years ago. The signs were out of this world funny.
Tell your son I'm proud of him too.
:-)
When kids do something like that, you just know you raised them right. It's a good feeling.

They're just another hate group trying to pass themselves off as a righteous christian church.

“"On The Threshold Of A Dream" ”

Since: Mar 12

Montreal Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know of any English Bible that doesn't condemn homosexuals to Hell.
Oh how wonderful,condemned by a fairy tale! How very important?

Montreal Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

The Pope has resigned! This just in! Who will furnish his Prada now?

Montreal Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

victoria1 wrote:
<quoted text>
When kids do something like that, you just know you raised them right. It's a good feeling.
They're just another hate group trying to pass themselves off as a righteous christian church.
The very worst is when you see the Phelps clan at a fallen soldiers funeral telling them that he is going to rot in hell! How sick and utterly evil is that?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Days Of Futures Past wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh how wonderful,condemned by a fairy tale! How very important?
God calls you "depraved" haters of God.

Romans 1
26 For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural,
27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper,
29 being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips,
30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents,
31 without understanding, untrustworthy, unloving, unmerciful;

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,521 - 4,540 of16,111
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••