Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments (Page 216)

Showing posts 4,301 - 4,320 of16,111
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
This is in a Christian forum. So get used to hearing the CHRISTIAN viewpoint on homosexuality and that is it's an abomination and unrepentant gays will burn just like any other unrepentant sinner.
You're just a flapping little gayboy. Nothing important.
What is consistent among you fundies is your stupidity.

This is NOT ONLY in a Christian forum, it is also in a gay forum, among others. That is simple fact.

There is no "Christian viewpoint on homosexuality" because there are lots of Christians with different viewpoints on homosexuality.

Yours is incorrect, but that's no surprise. You carry yourself like these other pretenders and blasphemers, not in the way Jesus walked.

Work on your own soul. It's pretty black.

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidently YOU care, punk.
So when a cop writes a traffic ticket, that means he cares about the person? Or the person just needed to be corrected.
Neil Andblowme

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
There's libraries full of evidence of what exactly? I dont even think you know what the subject is...
The subject was in your post, sweetie: "Scripture was compliled well before Constatine was even born, the various Roman, Greek and Eygptian Gods that are used as the supposed "real" story of Christ bear no resemblance to the HCrist story once taken in total context and their is no evidence to assert that Chritianity barrowed from these beliefs."
Neil Andblowme

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you calling God a liar? Of course Noah's flood happened exactly the way the Holy Bible said it did.
Then why is there no evidence of it?
Neil Andblowme

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
And I've already quoted verse after verse after verse that explains that God preserved His Word and the scriptures are inspired, inerrant, infallible.
Psalm 12:6-7, 2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:20-21, Isaiah 40:8, Proverbs 30:5-6, Psalm 119:160, 2 Timothy 2:15, Matthew 24:35, Revelation 22:18-19, 2 Peter 3:15-16, John 17:17, Ephesians 6:17, 2 Timothy 4:2, John 10:35
----------
Everyone who has even a shred of intelligence knows that the Holy Bible is God's preserved and true Word.
LMFAO@you.... did you just try to say the Buybull is true because the Buybull says so? Not very bright, are you?

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
This is in a Christian forum.
Sorry, but this thread is also in these other forums:
Gay/Lesbian, Religion, Wedding, Roman Catholic Church

You have the right to believe as you do.....but then SO DO OTHERS......don't like it......to DAMN BAD!!!

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. As long as you're willing to stone people to death.:)
That's a pretty major leap from what I was thinking. You don't need to call it sin just because it's something you shouldn't do but there is advice in that book to help you minimize the shouldn't dos and maximize the should dos. If you think it's a bunch of superstitious mumbo jumbo you can dispense with the church, prayers and tithing.

"The Bible is infallible and historically accurate except for all that God stuff."
-- 15DL

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
This is in a Christian forum. So get used to hearing the CHRISTIAN viewpoint on homosexuality and that is it's an abomination and unrepentant gays will burn just like any other unrepentant sinner.
You're just a flapping little gayboy. Nothing important.
God is that YOU????

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>Then why is there no evidence of it?
It's not the absence of evidence that is the problem. It's the scientific evidence that proves it never happened. That's why they think science is a global conspiracy to make fundies look stupid.

Oops, I probably shouldn't have said that. Wayne's gonna go ballistic.

“... from a ...”

Since: Mar 09

GREAT HEIGHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a pretty major leap from what I was thinking. You don't need to call it sin just because it's something you shouldn't do but there is advice in that book to help you minimize the shouldn't dos and maximize the should dos. If you think it's a bunch of superstitious mumbo jumbo you can dispense with the church, prayers and tithing.
"The Bible is infallible and historically accurate except for all that God stuff."
-- 15DL
Are these some of the "should dos" ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
I would want to sign off after that pile of tripe as well.
Ancient temple Juadism sacrificed lambs every passover in remeberance of the original lambvs blood spilled to save the Jewish children from the angel of death that visited the Eygpt.
Christ was sacificed at the time of passover. The last super was a passover meal. He is called the paschal lamb.(the passover lamb) or "the lamb of God"
Just as Abraham was asked to sacrifice his son for God, now it was God sacrificing his only begotten son for man..
You dont get anymore Jewish than that...
How do sheep compare to humans?

I think the tripe is in your reply to my post.

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>The subject was in your post, sweetie: "Scripture was compliled well before Constatine was even born, the various Roman, Greek and Eygptian Gods that are used as the supposed "real" story of Christ bear no resemblance to the HCrist story once taken in total context and their is no evidence to assert that Chritianity barrowed from these beliefs."
Wow, he thinks there's no evidence, really? Does he know that the birth of Mithras was celebrated on December 25th with gifts and trees before Christ was born?

I think Jesus deserves better than a leftover recycled holiday.

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>Then why is there no evidence of it?
no evidence?

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then be insulted,,,,....[cut],,,...
Jesus fulfilled over 64 prophicies of the Old Testament. Sounds Jewish to me.
You probably should familiarize yourself with Judaism before you shoot of your mouth.

There is no provision in the Jewish concept of a Messiah for human sacrifice.

For anyone to be considered a Messiah in Judaism they must be born of man and woman in the normal way. No virgin births.

The concept of a god-man dying for your sins is well documented in the various pagan traditions where the concept originated though, such as the traditions of Horus, Mithra, and many others.

And the god-man born of a virgin is also common in historical mythology, another thing you should familiarize yourself with.

And it is this god-man sacrifice and virgin birth nonsense that is the foundation of the Roman hoax of Christianity. There is no semblance to the Jewish Jesus in the Jesus of the Roman version of Christianity you are defending.

You can bible thump from the Greek Scriptures all you want and claim that hindsight misinterpretations of Hebrew scripture used to prove the validity of your belief system are valid.

But the fact remains that the Jewish Jesus is not the Jesus that you and others worship as the only son of your god of conditional love.

The Jewish Jesus simply demonstrated the GLORY of the OMNIPRESENT GOD of Israel that you reject in preference to the Roman hoax of Christianity and it's primitive triune god.(or the old man on the throne, surrounded by his harem up on Kolob if you are still clinging to the mormon god )

Your warrior Jesus is more in keeping with the warrior god of the Roman soldiers and shares nothing with the historical Jesus.

As the historical Jesus taught:

GOD is LOVE. WE are ALL ONE WITH GOD, even the unloving!

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Should I dissect this attempt at English?
Well let's see. So far you have wasted your time making childish grade school comments and attempted to belittle me to hurt my feelings. Hmm... do as you wish :)

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain it then.
Ask the question without all the grade school sarcasm and I'll attempt an answer for you if you wish :)

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
no evidence?
Nada, Zilch, Zero.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
That was improper use of the word "anymore."
No, it is not his job to interpret anything, since he has no standing to show he has the proper understanding of it. He has done nothing to qualify himself to mess with other peoples' souls, and he (or anyone who tries to do what he is doing) can cause harm to other people by telling them the wrong thing.
Would you want a lawyer who never passed the bar? Or is any random person good enough to keep you out of jail?
Next.
Are you kidding me? Do you think God is going to allow unrepentant homosexuals into a Holy Heaven? Sure that's what Satan tells you.........he just wants to drag as many people with him to Hell.

Should I start linking to the real homosexuality? You know, the disgusting homosexuals meeting multiple partners in bathroom stalls and public parks committing lewd and indecent acts. The newspapers are filled with arrests of this sort all across the nation. It is a perverted disease infested lifestyle.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>
LMFAO@you.... did you just try to say the Buybull is true because the Buybull says so? Not very bright, are you?
Learn to spell BIBLE.......oh that's right, you have to copy from other unbelievers. You have no originality.......you just believe whatever some brain damaged heathen tells you to.

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll find it. It's right in your New Age lies.
It's just that if you believe these bible stories are real and literal like Noah's flood, and Adam and Eve, and the Red Sea thing, I thought you folks might think the lake of fire is real too.
Maybe it's just a metaphor like the other stuff is.
Am I wrong on that?

Where do you get this New Age stuff anyway?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,301 - 4,320 of16,111
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••