Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16101 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#4799 Feb 9, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to Mass now.
Where were you? Shrewsbury? Worcester? Boston? Methuen? You should have come by. I've got bottles and bottles of wine, and we'd be more than willing to share. It's better than that crap at church.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#4800 Feb 9, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding me? 15th is a self admitted atheist, who is playing Catholic to mock both Christianity and Catholicism. His own posts show how much he hates REAL Christians.
Where have I lied, manipulated, scammed, abused? YOU are the liar!
15DL is the finest example of True Christianity, unlike the anti-Bible fundamentalists we often find online.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#4801 Feb 9, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Cute...but this has nohing to do with Catholicism. Do you real think the religion that has resisted caving into woman Priests and contraception is going to embrace such an open an obvious heresey when it comes to the very definition of mrriag and family.
Not only does scripture and tradition condemn multiple times homosexulity, it also embaces male/female marriage multiple times as well.
Indeed the first positve proscrption in genesis is to be fruitfull and multiply.
John Paul the II theology of the body is built on consitant Christian teaching on the purpose of marriage and human sexuality. This sexual revolution is part of an old Gnostic heresey that has consitantly haunted mankind. Christianity is rooted in elemental biology, it teaches that man is an engendered embodied encarnate soul. Not simply a mind that is at war with its body, but the body has a purpose and is good and needs to be taken seriously.
This is a consitant part of Christian & Jewish teaching from the begining.
The Church has come far enough now to admit that being homosexual is not a sin.
So, yes, IMO, in time the Church will come to know that any marriage, heterosexual, same sex, Is marriage.
At any rate, the Vatican does not run our nation and its laws.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#4802 Feb 9, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Where were you? Shrewsbury? Worcester? Boston? Methuen? You should have come by. I've got bottles and bottles of wine, and we'd be more than willing to share. It's better than that crap at church.
Hi Lowell, having any luck getting Seth's head out of his butt?
I could loan you a crowbar if you think that would help. Probably not.

Thanks for the offer but how would you know? The wine is really pretty fine stuff but I only get a sip and that only on Sunday.

God bless you.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#4803 Feb 9, 2013
Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text> I'm sure you think that sounded profound. Too bad for you people know better.
That's right.
Yes, I am a Catholic.
Yes, I am ALSO a citizen of the U.S. and I strongly support our Constitution and equal rights for all.
The right to marriage for all is already there.
Sadly, it is having to be fought for by some.
I am 68 now, but I hope that, in my lifetime, I see the equal right to marriage for all in all 50 states.
And, I think I will!

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#4804 Feb 9, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
This slander about Christanity and Christ is so old and has been debunked so many times, no serious scholar or atheist promalgates this B.S.
Scripture was compliled well before Constatine was even born, the various Roman, Greek and Eygptian Gods that are used as the supposed "real" story of Christ bear no resemblance to the HCrist story once taken in total context and their is no evidence to assert that Chritianity barrowed from these beliefs.
No prominant atheists from Christopher Hitchins to Dawkins to Harris assert these obvious and flagrant slanders, because to do so would mark them as easily fooled synchophants and propagators of clear and obvious lies.
I'm in agreement with you on this one. Take 15 different sources and you say or claim anything. The theory that Jesus wan't a real person is a recent development among atheist. The historians of the time period never suggested any such thing, even the ones that were anti-Christian.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#4805 Feb 9, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
15DL is the finest example of True Christianity, unlike the anti-Bible fundamentalists we often find online.
I agree, he is.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#4806 Feb 9, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible doesn't count. Who cares about the Bronze Age book of mythology written by a group of Middle East sheep herders?
The Bible does count. Even if you think it's just a bunch of superstitious mumbo jumbo there is a theology underlying the myth and legend that can make you a better person.

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#4807 Feb 9, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
This slander about Christanity and Christ is so old and has been debunked so many times, no serious scholar or atheist promalgates this B.S.
Scripture was compliled well before Constatine was even born, the various Roman, Greek and Eygptian Gods that are used as the supposed "real" story of Christ bear no resemblance to the HCrist story once taken in total context and their is no evidence to assert that Chritianity barrowed from these beliefs.
No prominant atheists from Christopher Hitchins to Dawkins to Harris assert these obvious and flagrant slanders, because to do so would mark them as easily fooled synchophants and propagators of clear and obvious lies.
I respectfully disagree with you and from my vantage point based on my own prayer, meditation, and research, I find the Roman "god-man sacrificed for your sins" version of Christianity to be slanderous and an insult to the OMNIPRESENT GOD of Israel at the heart of the teachings of the historical Jesus. The message of the historical Jesus was about GOD, not Jesus.

There is no provision in Judaism for sacrificing a Messiah. This primitive belief was common however in the Roman empire with the Mithra cult of the Roman warriors and other "fertility god sacrifice in the spring" types of primitive spiritual traditions that we humans go through as we evolve spiritually.

But in all of human history the Roman hoax of Christianity has to be the most bizarre story of political intrigue and deception ever told! And all of this in a vain attempt to protect a failing empire that no longer exists.

And while we can't prove the Roman version of Christianity was based on this myth or that myth specifically, one thing that we can say with certainty is that Roman Christianity is not based on the Jewish GOD or the Jewish Jesus.

Have a good evening.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#4808 Feb 9, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn.....the oldest game is Satan's playbook. Make completely unbelievable idiotic claims to support a fellow Satanist's mocking of Christianity.

#4809 Feb 9, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
I just got back from Mass. I got tapped for the second reading, 1 Corinthians, so, indeed, I preached the Word of the Lord to an assembled congregation of thirty plus faithful souls, in a church, on a Saturday night, who were there of the own accord to give glory to the Lord. That is a claim you cannot make.
I have added preacherman to the short list. As crazy as he is I think his faith is real. Wayne, too, twice in fact because he's been absent for a while. I hope he's OK. You didn't even enter my mind because I sincerely believe you are an enemy of Christ and Christianity.
Still playing make believe? Did the Pope fly you to Rome too? And he made you a Saint?......my my, your stories are so believable..........let me guess, you will be the next Pope.

Grow up little kid....... stay in school and get an education, God knows you need it.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#4810 Feb 9, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn.....the oldest game is Satan's playbook. Make completely unbelievable idiotic claims to support a fellow Satanist's mocking of Christianity.
Didn't you just say you don't make hateful comments?

I'm pretty sure Lowell is an atheist so he has good reason to think I'm nutty as a fruitcake but apparently he doesn't. That honor falls to you.

#4811 Feb 9, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>That's right.
Yes, I am a Catholic.
Yes, I am ALSO a citizen of the U.S. and I strongly support our Constitution and equal rights for all.
The right to marriage for all is already there.
Sadly, it is having to be fought for by some.
I am 68 now, but I hope that, in my lifetime, I see the equal right to marriage for all in all 50 states.
And, I think I will!
No, you are a play "Catholic" that doesn't even put in an honest effort to make your trolling believable. Sure, many times us REAL Christians play along with your game but no one believes for a second that you are actually a REAL Catholic. You are like 15th.......you just want to mock Christianity and Catholicism at the same time while trying to turn each against one another.

Grow up little kid........stay in school and get an education.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#4812 Feb 9, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
15ths returning to his faith and becoming a part of the church community and also taking part in Mass services and also volunteering his time to charitable events is not 'mocking Christianity' at all.

You surely do make a mockery of the faith I once was a part of...the Protestant one.
I never knew such a bigoted hypocritical phoney like you the whole 35 years I was a Baptist.
I never really met anyone like you until I started posting on the Christian Forum.
Highly unlikely that you are really even a Christian.
More like a common dull everyday troll.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#4813 Feb 9, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Still playing make believe? Did the Pope fly you to Rome too? And he made you a Saint?......my my, your stories are so believable..........let me guess, you will be the next Pope.
Grow up little kid....... stay in school and get an education, God knows you need it.
Laymen are selected to read passages during Mass, hon.
Most Catholics never have the opportunity to meet the Pope.

#4814 Feb 9, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you just say you don't make hateful comments?
I'm pretty sure Lowell is an atheist so he has good reason to think I'm nutty as a fruitcake but apparently he doesn't. That honor falls to you.
No one is stupid enough to believe that you and Nuttie are REAL Catholics. Of course your fellow Satanists will agree with you..........sigh.......I mean really?

#4815 Feb 9, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>15ths returning to his faith and becoming a part of the church community and also taking part in Mass services and also volunteering his time to charitable events is not 'mocking Christianity' at all.
You surely do make a mockery of the faith I once was a part of...the Protestant one.
I never knew such a bigoted hypocritical phoney like you the whole 35 years I was a Baptist.
I never really met anyone like you until I started posting on the Christian Forum.
Highly unlikely that you are really even a Christian.
More like a common dull everyday troll.
People can go back and reread old threads......where you and 15th Devil are trolling and mocking REAL Christians. No one is believing your play Catholic troll game. All you do is copy/paste and then you don't even agree with your alleged church's teachings.

I'm more of a Catholic than you are.....you are just a Christ hating troll!

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#4816 Feb 9, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone with three or more working brain cells knows I just got back from Mass and read from 1 Corinthians. I would have pulled altar boy duty too but I deferred to Pancha by discreet hand signals since I did get the reading.

Your right, though. There were only about thirty faithful souls. I was counting the little kids to get thirty plus. One boy about six years old did make a point of shaking my hand after Mass. I think he said his name is Alejandro, something like that. I said 'Mucho gusto, SeƱor' which means 'Pleased to meet you, Sir'. It's a habit I acquired at Jesuit high school. I do occasionally slip up and call the priests 'Sir' when they have earned the higher title of 'Father' or 'Padre' as the case may be.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#4817 Feb 9, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is stupid enough to believe that you and Nuttie are REAL Catholics. Of course your fellow Satanists will agree with you..........sigh.......I mean really?
Just for jollies, tell us, please, what IYO is a Catholic?

#4818 Feb 9, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Laymen are selected to read passages during Mass, hon.
Most Catholics never have the opportunity to meet the Pope.
I'm not your "hon". You are nothing but a Christian hating troll. Repent and come to Jesus for the remission of your sins!

P.S.- Gee, I thought every Catholic was friends with the pope...<--------SARCASM.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... 4 hr Pietro Armando 42
News Kerryann Taylor Weds Matthew French (Mar '13) 11 hr Honest truth 4
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 20 hr Tre H 4,336
News The Latest: Trump says canceling Chicago rally ... Tue OfficialTrumpCard 1,729
News Nicole Kidman's priest says actress hopes one d... Tue Anne Russell 1
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) Tue Levy Hater 31,925
News Bollywood in Taipei Tue TW_sugar_daddio 6
More from around the web