Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments
4,141 - 4,160 of 16,105 Comments Last updated Aug 28, 2013

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Not True! 15th Dalai Lama is a kind and loving person who practices bible teachings through action towards others. All you do is use the bible to hide behind to lie, manipulate, scam, abuse, etc...... There's isn't anything Christian about you.
Are you kidding me? 15th is a self admitted atheist, who is playing Catholic to mock both Christianity and Catholicism. His own posts show how much he hates REAL Christians.

Where have I lied, manipulated, scammed, abused? YOU are the liar!

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you hate Christians? The evidence is all throughout this forum. You and the other anti-Christian trolls go around acting like idiotic 3 year olds, trolling and spamming every thread, mocking and attacking Christians..........
In order to engage in debate you must understand both sides of the argument. You don't even understand your own side. Since you are a piss poor excuse for a human being, much less a Christian, I am inclined to take the opposing view and will make whatever point necessary to prevail and let the forum decide who's the loser here.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

i am me wrote:
<quoted text>
And there are even less than that on here when you take into account their socks they share.
Of course it's just a rough estimate but I did discount the puppets and dipsticks.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you hate Christians? The evidence is all throughout this forum. You and the other anti-Christian trolls go around acting like idiotic 3 year olds, trolling and spamming every thread, mocking and attacking Christians..........
Because you fundies are always sticking your noses where they don't belong. Despite what the buy-bull says, "But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters" 1 Peter 4:15

You work to impose your absurd beliefs on others. If you'd keep them to yourselves, nobody would mind you. You are the ones spamming threads, like you are spamming this one. What is the subject? Gay marriage. Will it pit church against church? What do you think?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
In order to engage in debate you must understand both sides of the argument. You don't even understand your own side. Since you are a piss poor excuse for a human being, much less a Christian, I am inclined to take the opposing view and will make whatever point necessary to prevail and let the forum decide who's the loser here.
But you can't prevail in any debate with anyone. That's been proven post after post, thread after thread, year after year. That's why you have to resort to trolling the same idiotic things over and over again.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding me? 15th is a self admitted atheist, who is playing Catholic to mock both Christianity and Catholicism. His own posts show how much he hates REAL Christians.
You have pretended to be a purveyor of 'absolute' knowledge.
We're only human. No such thing exists for us.

By the way, calling Noah's Flood a myth and the King James Version a piss poor translation does not an atheist make.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you fundies are always sticking your noses where they don't belong. Despite what the buy-bull says, "But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters" 1 Peter 4:15
You work to impose your absurd beliefs on others. If you'd keep them to yourselves, nobody would mind you. You are the ones spamming threads, like you are spamming this one. What is the subject? Gay marriage. Will it pit church against church? What do you think?
I've been discussing gay "marriage". Do try to follow along.
Fitz

Saint Clair Shores, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
<quoted text>
I take it you did not read the url I shared with you explaining the difference between the Jewish version of Satan and the one you accept that was created for you by the Romans based on various pagan myths?
Jesus was Jewish.
Your Jesus is based on several historically documented myths of god-men all sacrificed for our sins, such as the Mithra figure worshiped by the Roman warriors.
You have fallen for a horrible hoax of Christianity that has nothing to do with the historical Jesus, and your bible thumping is being done with a collection of books chosen and compiled for you by a Roman warlord 300 years after Jesus died.
I have stated how I feel about it. There is ample evidence to back up what I have said that you have ignored as you continue to rant and rave and call it spreading the gospel.
You do not follow the teachings of the historical Jesus and you delude yourself in thinking that you are a Christian.
Have a nice evening! And remember, for true Christians, only GOD is real!
GOD is LOVE. WE are ALL ONE WITH GOD, even the unloving!
This slander about Christanity and Christ is so old and has been debunked so many times, no serious scholar or atheist promalgates this B.S.

Scripture was compliled well before Constatine was even born, the various Roman, Greek and Eygptian Gods that are used as the supposed "real" story of Christ bear no resemblance to the HCrist story once taken in total context and their is no evidence to assert that Chritianity barrowed from these beliefs.

No prominant atheists from Christopher Hitchins to Dawkins to Harris assert these obvious and flagrant slanders, because to do so would mark them as easily fooled synchophants and propagators of clear and obvious lies.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to Mass now.
Neil Andblowme

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
It's God that will lead a person to getting saved. My duty, as commanded by Jesus, is to preach the gospel to every creature.(Mark 16:15)
I'm out sowing the seed and praying that it lands on good fertile soil.(Luke 8:11-15)
Your hubris is astounding.
Neil Andblowme

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Cute...but this has nohing to do with Catholicism. Do you real think the religion that has resisted caving into woman Priests and contraception is going to embrace such an open an obvious heresey when it comes to the very definition of mrriag and family.
Not only does scripture and tradition condemn multiple times homosexulity, it also embaces male/female marriage multiple times as well.
Indeed the first positve proscrption in genesis is to be fruitfull and multiply.
John Paul the II theology of the body is built on consitant Christian teaching on the purpose of marriage and human sexuality. This sexual revolution is part of an old Gnostic heresey that has consitantly haunted mankind. Christianity is rooted in elemental biology, it teaches that man is an engendered embodied encarnate soul. Not simply a mind that is at war with its body, but the body has a purpose and is good and needs to be taken seriously.
This is a consitant part of Christian & Jewish teaching from the begining.
I'm sure you think that sounded profound. Too bad for you people know better.
Neil Andblowme

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
This slander about Christanity and Christ is so old and has been debunked so many times, no serious scholar or atheist promalgates this B.S.
Scripture was compliled well before Constatine was even born, the various Roman, Greek and Eygptian Gods that are used as the supposed "real" story of Christ bear no resemblance to the HCrist story once taken in total context and their is no evidence to assert that Chritianity barrowed from these beliefs.
No prominant atheists from Christopher Hitchins to Dawkins to Harris assert these obvious and flagrant slanders, because to do so would mark them as easily fooled synchophants and propagators of clear and obvious lies.
LMFAO@you........ quite clueless, aren't you? You say "there's no evidence," when in reality, there are libraries FULL of evidence. You should get out more.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sealed??
Whats with dat? We have a fig leaf and mason symbolism

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Whats with dat? We have a fig leaf and mason symbolism
A bakers hat..

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>
Your hubris is astounding.
You noticed that too huh?
Fitz

Saint Clair Shores, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>
LMFAO@you........ quite clueless, aren't you? You say "there's no evidence," when in reality, there are libraries FULL of evidence. You should get out more.
There's libraries full of evidence of what exactly? I dont even think you know what the subject is...

A troll is someone who comes on a website looking for an argument and has no facts of his own to back it up..

Clearly that is the motivation here..

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
A bakers hat..
I dunno, could be.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, John 5:24 and John 3:36 and many other verses of the Holy Bible back up my saved statement.......and we know that God cannot lie (Titus 1:2, Romans 3:4).
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
The Bible doesn't count. Who cares about the Bronze Age book of mythology written by a group of Middle East sheep herders?

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
But you can't prevail in any debate with anyone. That's been proven post after post, thread after thread, year after year. That's why you have to resort to trolling the same idiotic things over and over again.
I just got back from Mass. I got tapped for the second reading, 1 Corinthians, so, indeed, I preached the Word of the Lord to an assembled congregation of thirty plus faithful souls, in a church, on a Saturday night, who were there of the own accord to give glory to the Lord. That is a claim you cannot make.

I have added preacherman to the short list. As crazy as he is I think his faith is real. Wayne, too, twice in fact because he's been absent for a while. I hope he's OK. You didn't even enter my mind because I sincerely believe you are an enemy of Christ and Christianity.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
All this shows how far short man falls from God's standard. If this is the only life they had, then its tragic.
In evolutionary theory these things happen. No big deal.
Oh, so murdering children ISN'T tragic in your book. That's good to know. You do realize that you're dismissing the horror of multiple child murders based on a claim that there's some sort of after-life, and then you claim that a naturalistic approach, which says this IS the only life for which there is any rational reason to think exists, would take the approach that it's no big deal, when you've already said that it's no big deal based on your belief in an afterlife.

So, the alleged "no big deal" approach that you attribute to "evolutionary theory" is bad, but the "no big deal" approach you take based on an afterlife is good.

Do you ever read the dickcheese you spread on the interwebs?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••