Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments (Page 207)

Showing posts 4,121 - 4,140 of16,105
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4757
Feb 9, 2013
 
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
You go to the anti-Christian trash sites and then copy (plagiarize) what that site tells you into the bible site. It makes you look even more foolish.... that not only do you just repeat what the anti-Christian site tells you, you don't even credit the site that you get the info from.
Bzzzt...wrong. I copy/pasted from bible.cc, anybody can check. It's fundie site. It's not as if it's hard to find buy-bull quotes on the net. And are you denying that the verse says that people who work on a Saturday, and that includes picking up sticks, should be tortured to death? Well? Not willing to answer?
Romans Road wrote:
People who actually read and study the bible grow in our faith from doing so. Your bible twisting, taking scriptures so far out of context you'd have to be an idiotic to believe the so-called "contradiction", mocking, idiotic nonsense drivel from Satanists only prove how desperate you unbelievers have gotten.
The "out of context" thing is a dodge. Tell me in what context:
"Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death." means something other than, well, that. I don't expect an answer.
Romans Road wrote:
You people hate the Word of God because it convicts you of your sin infested perverted lifestyles. But Jesus will forgive you of your sins, don't let the Devil keep blinding you from the truth.
LOL. I don't hate the buy-bull, I hate it when fundies smeg with other people's lives using the buy-bull to "justify" their actions.
15th Dalai Lama

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4758
Feb 9, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Sharing/defending the gospel isn't supposed to win friends. The world will hate REAL Christians, that is clearly stated in the scriptures.......(John 15:18-21)
Nobody here hates Christians. Get used to it. You, however, want people to hate you. I don't know why. There must be something wrong with you.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4759
Feb 9, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Sharing/defending the gospel isn't supposed to win friends. The world will hate REAL Christians, that is clearly stated in the scriptures.......(John 15:18-21)
You are not sharing the Gospel. You are antagonizing people with your imbecilic pontification. Masochist? Maybe. Christian? Not possible.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4760
Feb 9, 2013
 
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody here hates Christians. Get used to it. You, however, want people to hate you. I don't know why. There must be something wrong with you.
I think it's because of this verse, and/or some like them.
"Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you." 1 John 3:13

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4761
Feb 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
It's God that will lead a person to getting saved. My duty, as commanded by Jesus, is to preach the gospel to every creature.(Mark 16:15)
I'm out sowing the seed and praying that it lands on good fertile soil.(Luke 8:11-15)
Jesus gave that Commandment to the Apostles, and they are all dead.
They, however, passed this down to certain men.
You are not one of them.
And, no, Jesus did not ever say that thousands of folks with different views on what the message is should 'go out and preach' it.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4762
Feb 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
It's God that will lead a person to getting saved. My duty, as commanded by Jesus, is to preach the gospel to every creature.(Mark 16:15)
I'm out sowing the seed and praying that it lands on good fertile soil.(Luke 8:11-15)
Dear Lord,

Please make Dolly see things my way.

Amen.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4763
Feb 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody here hates Christians. Get used to it. You, however, want people to hate you. I don't know why. There must be something wrong with you.
You unbelievers are constantly trolling, mocking, ganging up on, and attacking us Christians here on the CHRISTIAN area of Topix. The worst thing is that you guys act like 4 year old imbeciles and keep repeating the same idiotic nonsense drivel over and over again.

All a person has to do is click back on the old threads and they'll see the same trolling tactics, same idiotic troll game, same dumb and dumber act, from the same couple of unbelievers trolls.

You trolls aren't fooling anyone.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4764
Feb 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's because of this verse, and/or some like them.
"Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you." 1 John 3:13
Yeap. He does it on purpose, posting hateful despicable comments with no other purpose than to offend, so he can quote verses like that and pretend he's a Christian. In his dysfunctionnal mind, if you're against him you're against God.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4765
Feb 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
You unbelievers are constantly trolling, mocking, ganging up on, and attacking us Christians here on the CHRISTIAN area of Topix. The worst thing is that you guys act like 4 year old imbeciles and keep repeating the same idiotic nonsense drivel over and over again.
All a person has to do is click back on the old threads and they'll see the same trolling tactics, same idiotic troll game, same dumb and dumber act, from the same couple of unbelievers trolls.
You trolls aren't fooling anyone.
Why do you hate Christians?

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4766
Feb 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeap. He does it on purpose, posting hateful despicable comments with no other purpose than to offend, so he can quote verses like that and pretend he's a Christian. In his dysfunctionnal mind, if you're against him you're against God.
There seem to be a lot of people like him.
Fitz

Saint Clair Shores, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4767
Feb 9, 2013
 
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>But the Catholic imagination sees God everywhere, believes that God reveals Godself in all things and understands God can work through any human being or human relationship. By insisting that genital complementarity is an absolute requirement for marriage, the hierarchy places limits on God's power to work within all of the relationships of all God's beloved children.
Those who possess a sacramental view of the world often realize that any human person or relationship that brings love, mercy, forgiveness, kindness, generosity or faithfulness into the world is a sign of God's grace. Perhaps this is the reason so many Catholics defend marriage equality: They have recognized these graces can come forth as much through same-sex couples as heterosexual couples. Those who have a Catholic imagination recognize that a couple's ability to enter into a marriage commitment is not contingent on their anatomies, but on the depth, strength and fruitfulness of their bond.
http://ncronline.org/blogs/grace-margins/why-...
Cute...but this has nohing to do with Catholicism. Do you real think the religion that has resisted caving into woman Priests and contraception is going to embrace such an open an obvious heresey when it comes to the very definition of mrriag and family.

Not only does scripture and tradition condemn multiple times homosexulity, it also embaces male/female marriage multiple times as well.

Indeed the first positve proscrption in genesis is to be fruitfull and multiply.

John Paul the II theology of the body is built on consitant Christian teaching on the purpose of marriage and human sexuality. This sexual revolution is part of an old Gnostic heresey that has consitantly haunted mankind. Christianity is rooted in elemental biology, it teaches that man is an engendered embodied encarnate soul. Not simply a mind that is at war with its body, but the body has a purpose and is good and needs to be taken seriously.

This is a consitant part of Christian & Jewish teaching from the begining.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4768
Feb 9, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeap. He does it on purpose, posting hateful despicable comments with no other purpose than to offend, so he can quote verses like that and pretend he's a Christian. In his dysfunctionnal mind, if you're against him you're against God.
Wrong, I haven't made any hateful posts. Standing up for the Word of God isn't hateful.

You are the Christian-hating troll, anyone can go back and read your 15th Devil Lama posts.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4769
Feb 9, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
There seem to be a lot of people like him.
Not really. Just enough to cost the Republicans the election. They are disproportionally represented here in the forum, about one in thirty in the general population, one in five, perahps more, here. They do a lot of butt smooching. I guess it reinforces their delusions of adequacy.

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4770
Feb 9, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan wants you to believe that he doesn't exist and that there is no Hell. But deep down inside you know better........that's why you get so convicted by the Holy Bible. No other book or writing makes a person so angry and mad.......only God's preserved Word does that because it's the 100% TRUTH!
While God is love, He is also a Holy God that will NOT be mocked. We will reap what we sow!
Galatians 6:7-8
7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
I take it you did not read the url I shared with you explaining the difference between the Jewish version of Satan and the one you accept that was created for you by the Romans based on various pagan myths?

Jesus was Jewish.

Your Jesus is based on several historically documented myths of god-men all sacrificed for our sins, such as the Mithra figure worshiped by the Roman warriors.

You have fallen for a horrible hoax of Christianity that has nothing to do with the historical Jesus, and your bible thumping is being done with a collection of books chosen and compiled for you by a Roman warlord 300 years after Jesus died.

I have stated how I feel about it. There is ample evidence to back up what I have said that you have ignored as you continue to rant and rave and call it spreading the gospel.

You do not follow the teachings of the historical Jesus and you delude yourself in thinking that you are a Christian.

Have a nice evening! And remember, for true Christians, only GOD is real!

GOD is LOVE. WE are ALL ONE WITH GOD, even the unloving!

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4771
Feb 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you hate Christians?
Why do you hate Christians? The evidence is all throughout this forum. You and the other anti-Christian trolls go around acting like idiotic 3 year olds, trolling and spamming every thread, mocking and attacking Christians..........
i am me

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4772
Feb 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really. Just enough to cost the Republicans the election. They are disproportionally represented here in the forum, about one in thirty in the general population, one in five, perahps more, here. They do a lot of butt smooching. I guess it reinforces their delusions of adequacy.
And there are even less than that on here when you take into account their socks they share.
OleWazzizName

Clearlake, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4773
Feb 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
It's God that will lead a person to getting saved. My duty, as commanded by Jesus, is to preach the gospel to every creature.(Mark 16:15)
I'm out sowing the seed and praying that it lands on good fertile soil.(Luke 8:11-15)
It looks to me like you are out pouring gasoline on the flowers.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4774
Feb 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

i am me wrote:
<quoted text>
And there are even less than that on here when you take into account their socks they share.
Hi gray box Cookie Parker.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4775
Feb 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

OleWazzizName wrote:
<quoted text>
It looks to me like you are out pouring gasoline on the flowers.
How so? Let me guess.........you only want the "feel good", "don't judge me", "all ways to Heaven", "sin is a-okay" message from Satan?

Jesus was crystal clear......."Except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish".(Luke 13:3)

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4776
Feb 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you hate Christians? The evidence is all throughout this forum. You and the other anti-Christian trolls go around acting like idiotic 3 year olds, trolling and spamming every thread, mocking and attacking Christians..........
Not True! 15th Dalai Lama is a kind and loving person who practices bible teachings through action towards others. All you do is use the bible to hide behind to lie, manipulate, scam, abuse, etc...... There's isn't anything Christian about you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,121 - 4,140 of16,105
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••