Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,104

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Full Story

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#4738 Feb 9, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Being the Messiah does not depend on "vast majority of Jews" to convert. If Jesus is not the Messiah then no one is or could ever could be.
Nonsensical illogical BS like this is what makes you a frontrunner in the Dumbest Fundie pageant.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#4739 Feb 9, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Saul's connection, or gnosticism's?
Aeons.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#4740 Feb 9, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care what Satan worshipers think about me. I'm glad you Satanists don't like me. Amen!!!!
Did it ever occur to you that maybe some people despise you because you are despicable? Ridicule you because you are ridiculous? I guarantee it has nothing to do with the Bible or Satan or God. It's just you.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#4741 Feb 9, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Aeons.
Well ... I guess you could start here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeon_ (Gnosticism)

then

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1_Enoch

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2_Enoch

THEN

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentinians

which did not evolve in a vacuum, it seems, since fragments were found at Nag Hammadi.

Since: Dec 09

United States

#4742 Feb 9, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
After two thousand years of figurin they'r figured the 'god of this world' means stuff like envy, false pride, lust, the love of money and things like that. When it comes to folks like Romans and Preacherman who don't know squat and don't want to know squat it includes things like education, science and intelligence. I bet it wouldn't take much to get preacherman to call long division a 'man made lie'.
Hey Dalai Lambie! Don't worry. I'm not going SSF on you.
Just trying to communicate a more enlightened understanding of literal scriptural interpretations.

DL: "After two thousand years of figurin they'r figured the 'god of this world' means stuff like envy, false pride, lust, the love of money and things like that."

Oh, come on.
Fundies blame the Devil for all that stuff! They couldn't keep themselves convinced they' were going to Heaven if they had to account for their own sins!

Satan serves to explain anything that happens in this world!
He's the fall-guy for all the evil men do here.

Xo
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#4743 Feb 9, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsensical illogical BS like this is what makes you a frontrunner in the Dumbest Fundie pageant.
Did you already forget? You own that title Hands down.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#4744 Feb 9, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Did it ever occur to you that maybe some people despise you because you are despicable? Ridicule you because you are ridiculous? I guarantee it has nothing to do with the Bible or Satan or God. It's just you.
Sharing/defending the gospel isn't supposed to win friends. The world will hate REAL Christians, that is clearly stated in the scriptures.......(John 15:18-21)

#4745 Feb 9, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Saved huh? ROTFLMAO
Yes, John 5:24 and John 3:36 and many other verses of the Holy Bible back up my saved statement.......and we know that God cannot lie (Titus 1:2, Romans 3:4).

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

#4746 Feb 9, 2013
Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the only people that can logically be called Satanists are those who reject the Jewish Jesus and the Jewish GOD in preference to the Roman hoax like yourself as we can clearly see by your denial of the reality of LOVE and your constant hateful attacks against those who refuse to accept your false god.
Most sensible people in this day and age rightly perceive your mythical Satan as a tool of control created by the Roman Empire to help control the Roman citizens.
The Hebrew Satan has no semblance to the pagan Greek Satan that you worship with your trembling and fear as you offer gifts to this imaginary god of evil of those you have cursed to hell.
http://www.whatjewsbelieve.org/explanation7.h...
If you reject the Jewish concept of Satan, you also reject the Jewish Jesus and the Jewish GOD making your version of Christianity not even remotely connected with Jesus, the one you falsely claim to follow, while defending the Roman hoax of Christianity and it's false Jesus based on the Mithra cult of the Roman warriors. And your defense is definitely that of a warrior.
The historical Jesus was called the Prince of Peace.
Paul's Jesus was a warrior and is the imaginary creature of hate and fear that you cling to and try to emulate!
We all need to get informed as to the evil nature of the Roman hoax of Christianity and it's many derivatives that deny the Jewish GOD and the Jewish Jesus and get involved in restoring true Christianity based on the OMNIPRESENT GOD of Israel to humanity that is even now being found to be in accord with the latest scientific findings concerning the nature of the Cosmos!
GOD is LOVE. WE are ALL ONE WITH GOD, even the unloving!
Satan wants you to believe that he doesn't exist and that there is no Hell. But deep down inside you know better........that's why you get so convicted by the Holy Bible. No other book or writing makes a person so angry and mad.......only God's preserved Word does that because it's the 100% TRUTH!

While God is love, He is also a Holy God that will NOT be mocked. We will reap what we sow!

Galatians 6:7-8
7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#4747 Feb 9, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan wants you to believe that he doesn't exist and that there is no Hell. But deep down inside you know better........that's why you get so convicted by the Holy Bible. No other book or writing makes a person so angry and mad.......only God's preserved Word does that because it's the 100% TRUTH!
While God is love, He is also a Holy God that will NOT be mocked. We will reap what we sow!
7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
Http://www.evilbible.com

#4748 Feb 9, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
Asinine site that you unbelievers always have to copy/paste from. Sadly, unbelievers aren't intelligent enough to think for themselves and study the scriptures for themselves. I truly do feel sorry for you guys........you have to be told what to think by people who don't even have a tiniest understanding of the scriptures.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#4749 Feb 9, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>I've already been saved and sealed but I'm trying to keep you all from the Lake of Fire. Turn from Satan's ways unto the Lord's ways. Call out to Him......ask Jesus to help show you the way..........open up the Holy Bible and start reading it.........pray to God for answers.........."For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved"........
Sealed??

North Hollywood, CA

#4750 Feb 9, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Asinine site that you unbelievers always have to copy/paste from. Sadly, unbelievers aren't intelligent enough to think for themselves and study the scriptures for themselves. I truly do feel sorry for you guys........you have to be told what to think by people who don't even have a tiniest understanding of the scriptures.
LOL. I copy paste from bible.cc, a fundie site.
"Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death." Exodus 35:2

Torture a person to death for picking up sticks on a Saturday!? What a nasty god. Not worthy of worship.
If gay marriage gets people to really examine the buy-bull, that will be a good thing. I think the more people who really read it, really see all of the horrors in it, the more people will ditch faith in it.
Have you ever seen Julia Sweeney's "Letting go of God"? I don't see how anybody can watch it with an open mind, and not at least question their faith.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#4751 Feb 9, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
That is where you are wrong. It isn't the bible that angers people. It is those who are holier than thou , that angers people.
As a Christian you are supposed to bring people closer to the gospel, rather than make them run like their ass is on fire.

#4752 Feb 9, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. I copy paste from bible.cc, a fundie site.
"Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death." Exodus 35:2
Torture a person to death for picking up sticks on a Saturday!? What a nasty god. Not worthy of worship.
If gay marriage gets people to really examine the buy-bull, that will be a good thing. I think the more people who really read it, really see all of the horrors in it, the more people will ditch faith in it.
Have you ever seen Julia Sweeney's "Letting go of God"? I don't see how anybody can watch it with an open mind, and not at least question their faith.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ri3-DpSn7AAXX
You go to the anti-Christian trash sites and then copy (plagiarize) what that site tells you into the bible site. It makes you look even more foolish.... that not only do you just repeat what the anti-Christian site tells you, you don't even credit the site that you get the info from.

People who actually read and study the bible grow in our faith from doing so. Your bible twisting, taking scriptures so far out of context you'd have to be an idiotic to believe the so-called "contradiction", mocking, idiotic nonsense drivel from Satanists only prove how desperate you unbelievers have gotten.

You people hate the Word of God because it convicts you of your sin infested perverted lifestyles. But Jesus will forgive you of your sins, don't let the Devil keep blinding you from the truth.

#4753 Feb 9, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sealed??
Ephesians 4:30, Ephesians 1:13-14, etc etc
15th Dalai Lama

Rio Rancho, NM

#4754 Feb 9, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sealed??
Just another of his silly incantations.
15th Dalai Lama

Rio Rancho, NM

#4755 Feb 9, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible says the Earth is flat.

#4756 Feb 9, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>That is where you are wrong. It isn't the bible that angers people. It is those who are holier than thou , that angers people.
As a Christian you are supposed to bring people closer to the gospel, rather than make them run like their ass is on fire.
It's God that will lead a person to getting saved. My duty, as commanded by Jesus, is to preach the gospel to every creature.(Mark 16:15)

I'm out sowing the seed and praying that it lands on good fertile soil.(Luke 8:11-15)

North Hollywood, CA

#4757 Feb 9, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
You go to the anti-Christian trash sites and then copy (plagiarize) what that site tells you into the bible site. It makes you look even more foolish.... that not only do you just repeat what the anti-Christian site tells you, you don't even credit the site that you get the info from.
Bzzzt...wrong. I copy/pasted from bible.cc, anybody can check. It's fundie site. It's not as if it's hard to find buy-bull quotes on the net. And are you denying that the verse says that people who work on a Saturday, and that includes picking up sticks, should be tortured to death? Well? Not willing to answer?
Romans Road wrote:
People who actually read and study the bible grow in our faith from doing so. Your bible twisting, taking scriptures so far out of context you'd have to be an idiotic to believe the so-called "contradiction", mocking, idiotic nonsense drivel from Satanists only prove how desperate you unbelievers have gotten.
The "out of context" thing is a dodge. Tell me in what context:
"Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death." means something other than, well, that. I don't expect an answer.
Romans Road wrote:
You people hate the Word of God because it convicts you of your sin infested perverted lifestyles. But Jesus will forgive you of your sins, don't let the Devil keep blinding you from the truth.
LOL. I don't hate the buy-bull, I hate it when fundies smeg with other people's lives using the buy-bull to "justify" their actions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 6 min Rosa_Winkel 26,897
After 16 years, Tony and Tina calling it quits? (Jul '09) 2 hr irish girl 39
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 6 hr Rotten to the Core 31,555
Moroccoa s transgender dancer courts acceptance 8 hr sarahomo 1
Poll: Support for gay marriage drops in Mich. (May '14) 17 hr scs2011 61
Church-based institutions ponder same-sex benefits 18 hr Mitt s Baptism of... 10
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 18 hr KiMare 51,279
More from around the web