Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,104

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Full Story

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#4698 Feb 9, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
I fully admit that I believe the bible is the 100% true, inspired, inerrant, infallible Word of God.
You can believe it all you want, but there is plenty of evidence to the contrary you must ignore in order to believe that.

Sounds pretty desperate to me.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#4699 Feb 9, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>Prove it by the Word of God. I say you are a liar .....
Which Word of God?

Fort Lauderdale FL

#4700 Feb 9, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you are smart........you believe the anti-Christian trash sites. Good job!!!!<<<<<--- ------I was being sarcastic.....sadly I actually have to explain that comment to them.
Bubba the atheist learned from Cletus the Satanist who learned from Bobby Joe the Agnostic who had someone's "banned from church for being a scumbag" friend tell him that the bible was a forgery.......man that's some good proof!!!!!!<<<< <<-----I was being sarcastic again....sigh.
You're not very good at it.

But apparently you're a southerner? That would explain a lot.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#4701 Feb 9, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
This thread is in the main Christian area.
It's also in the Gay/Lesbian Forum.

You are counted as one of the numbered participants in the Gay/Lesbian Forum.

Get over it.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#4702 Feb 9, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already been saved and sealed but I'm trying to keep you all from the Lake of Fire. Turn from Satan's ways unto the Lord's ways. Call out to Him......ask Jesus to help show you the way..........open up the Holy Bible and start reading it.........pray to God for answers.........."For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved"........
You're wasting your time and being lazy. If you want to do something God will appreciate, go feed people.(But that would mean stepping away from your comfy computer and actually doing something.)

Fort Lauderdale FL

#4703 Feb 9, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
What am I lying about? I don't want anyone to follow me. You need to follow Jesus Christ, cry out to Him, ask Him for guidance, repent to Him for your sins, ask Him into your life, let Him be your personal Lord and Savior.
What makes you think you can change God's plan, Mr. Arrogant?

What makes you think you can "inspire" one person to call on God even one day before God has planned to call that person?

Whatever God's plan is, that is his plan. You can't accelerate it. You just make a fool of yourself.

Plus you turn off 99% of the people you might reach by your bizarrely unChristlike approach. I wouldn't want you to represent my small business, let alone Jesus Christ. You're not qualified for either.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#4704 Feb 9, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
RR: "This verse is obviously referring to Satan:
Satan.....a god. Whew. It kinda gives me the creeps.
What an unseemly peculiarity.
Do you know of any other verses that speak of Satan being a god?
I found an older version that said "in whom the god of THIS AGE" instead of "this world". I think it was Darby's.
Oh....here's another one, from the Knox Bible: "those whose unbelieving minds have been blinded by the god this world worships,.."
So we've got:
The god of this world.
The god of this age.
The god this world worships.
Oh yeah. It IS obvious, isn't it!
Hey,........ we're agreeing!
After two thousand years of figurin they'r figured the 'god of this world' means stuff like envy, false pride, lust, the love of money and things like that. When it comes to folks like Romans and Preacherman who don't know squat and don't want to know squat it includes things like education, science and intelligence. I bet it wouldn't take much to get preacherman to call long division a 'man made lie'.

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

#4705 Feb 9, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
After two thousand years of figurin they'r figured the 'god of this world' means stuff like envy, false pride, lust, the love of money and things like that. When it comes to folks like Romans and Preacherman who don't know squat and don't want to know squat it includes things like education, science and intelligence. I bet it wouldn't take much to get preacherman to call long division a 'man made lie'.
Best definition of a fundie yet!!!

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#4706 Feb 9, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
I found an older version that said "in whom the god of THIS AGE" instead of "this world". I think it was Darby's.
Oh....here's another one, from the Knox Bible: "those whose unbelieving minds have been blinded by the god this world worships,.."
So we've got:
The god of this world.
The god of this age.
The King James Bible mistranslates the passage. The Greek word is 'aeon' which is a very long period of time. Saint Jeromes Vulgate; 'saeculi', which we find in the expression 'saecula saceculorum': forever and ever.

Romans will ignore this error since there is no way to weasel out of it without making a bigger fool of himself than he already has. I bet you don't even think this is possible.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#4707 Feb 9, 2013
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
Best definition of a fundie yet!!!
That wasn't me talking, that was the Holy Spirit. The typos, however, are mine.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#4708 Feb 9, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
That wasn't me talking, that was the Holy Spirit. The typos, however, are mine.
Tounges?

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#4709 Feb 9, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
So we've got:
The god of this world.
The god of this age.
"Do you know of any other verses that speak of Satan being a god?"

Job 1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.

Isaiah 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!
Revelation 22:16 I Jesus am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#4710 Feb 9, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Tounges?
John 3.

The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#4711 Feb 9, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
The King James Bible mistranslates the passage. The Greek word is 'aeon' which is a very long period of time. Saint Jeromes Vulgate; 'saeculi', which we find in the expression 'saecula saceculorum': forever and ever.
Romans will ignore this error since there is no way to weasel out of it without making a bigger fool of himself than he already has. I bet you don't even think this is possible.
In this case "aeon" comes from two non-canonical Jewish texts of the 2nd Temple period called "1 Enoch" and "2 Enoch" which heavily influenced early christians of the Sauline sects.

It's presence and the usage in the text of 2 Corinthians strongly indicates the influence of these texts or, more properly, gnostic writings based upon them upon Saul's thinking. "Aeon" also spelled "Aion" refers to one of the emanations from the divinity.

This is one of the more obscure proofs that Saul was a heretic.
Neil Andblowme

Hoboken, NJ

#4712 Feb 9, 2013
itz wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus came to redeem the entire world. Yes he was the Jewish messiah, but as the messiah he was no longer reserved just for the people of Isreal.
That is why the vast majority of Jews converted to Christianity within the first three centuries, explaining its rapid growth. The remnants of those holdouts who refused to except their own Messiah is what is known as rabbinical juadism today.
Obviously they dont accept that Jesus was the Messiah, but even secular scholars acknowledge that most Jews came to accept Christ as the Living God.
The fullfillment of those messianic prophesies are called the "preconfigurations".
This is why Paul (a jew and a highly educated pharaisee who formaly persucuted Christians as Jewish heritics) wrote letters to both the Jews and the Gentiles.
You have no idea what you are talking about. Jesus was NOT the Jewish messiah. The "vast majority of Jews" did NOT convert.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#4713 Feb 9, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
In this case "aeon" comes from two non-canonical Jewish texts of the 2nd Temple period called "1 Enoch" and "2 Enoch" which heavily influenced early christians of the Sauline sects.
It's presence and the usage in the text of 2 Corinthians strongly indicates the influence of these texts or, more properly, gnostic writings based upon them upon Saul's thinking. "Aeon" also spelled "Aion" refers to one of the emanations from the divinity.
This is one of the more obscure proofs that Saul was a heretic.
Please expound. Evidence of Paul's Gnosticism is not hard to find but I don't understand the connection to 1 and 2 Enoch.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#4714 Feb 9, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Laci, how are you doing tonight? I hope all is well with you.
Birthing puppies like all good canines mothers do.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#4715 Feb 9, 2013
Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea what you are talking about. Jesus was NOT the Jewish messiah. The "vast majority of Jews" did NOT convert.
That's what I was thinking, but didn't feel like looking it up. Wasn't the whole conversion thing not going so well (especially with feeding Christians to the lions being the equivalent of modern day football) until Constantine?(Which then forever corrupted Christianity by combining it with Mithraism/paganism?)
OKAY

United States

#4716 Feb 9, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>Birthing puppies like all good canines mothers do.
Puppies beat piglets handsdown.

“Watching for Wolves~”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#4717 Feb 9, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Same as always, dear.
How are you?
Earlier I ask what you're doing on the lesbian forum. I may have missed the answer.
I am on the Christian forum. It is always the same here same ppl fighting for what we believe. I have never been on the gay forums.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Baker faces complaint for refusing anti-gay mes... 8 min Rick in Kansas 14
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 14 min Belle Sexton 29,152
Man takes legal action after Denver baker refus... 14 min Craig 575
Top Catholics and evangelicals: Gay marriage wo... 43 min Belle Sexton 30
Sarah Palin and her onetime fans on the right: ... 1 hr Responsibility 39
How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... 1 hr johnny Bumpas 423
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 2 hr smoke and mirrors 31,757
More from around the web