Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments
4,021 - 4,040 of 16,105 Comments Last updated Aug 28, 2013

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
Laci: "The devil is the god of this world. That being said..."
Good evening, Laci.
Would you kindly cite scripture that contends "the devil is the GOD of this world", or refers to the devil being god.
I'm not disputing you. I'm just interested.
This verse is obviously referring to Satan:

2 Corinthians 4:4- In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans cannot answer you because Romans has no thoughts or ideas of his/her own. Romans has been brainwashed and finds comfort in a paranoid megalomaniac philosophy of some loony tangent of Christianity. He/she is a coward and very much afraid to have an original thought. If Romans deviates from his/her delusions he/she will end up in some fictitious lake of fire for eternity.
I've already been saved and sealed but I'm trying to keep you all from the Lake of Fire. Turn from Satan's ways unto the Lord's ways. Call out to Him......ask Jesus to help show you the way..........open up the Holy Bible and start reading it.........pray to God for answers.........."For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved"........

“"God is Good"”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
Laci: "The devil is the god of this world. That being said..."
Good evening, Laci.
Would you kindly cite scripture that contends "the devil is the GOD of this world", or refers to the devil being god.
I'm not disputing you. I'm just interested.
Hello Jameebee....

2 Cor.4-4~~In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them

“"God is Good"”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Have we met?
Hi, I'm River.
Hi Tam how are you?

“"God is Good"”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, but...
So do you think it might be possible for that one God to tailor His message for each individual person? Especially since He created such a variety of human beings.
Or do you think that all those that don't share your unique beliefs are the children of Satan?
I think we all serve one or the other.

“"God is Good"”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not nice to call people liars.
Luke 18:19 (New International Version,2010)
"19 "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good, except God alone."
If the shoe fits......

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already been saved and sealed but I'm trying to keep you all from the Lake of Fire. Turn from Satan's ways unto the Lord's ways. Call out to Him......ask Jesus to help show you the way..........open up the Holy Bible and start reading it.........pray to God for answers.........."For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved"........
Sorry, but you really need to work on your approach.......because lying to people won't make them follow you!!!!

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

Del Valle, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you talking to me?
I don't do Satan's ways. I am not going to some bullshit lake of fire. I have gotten God's answers and will continue till my death. The way is shown to me 24/7 without having to read some primitive book. I go straight to the source everyday. I passed up that book decades ago. I ain't going backwards. I don't have to pray to God, because I feel Him. He lives within me. The Old Man is on tap.
What's your problem????????

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Tam how are you?
Same as always, dear.

How are you?

Earlier I ask what you're doing on the lesbian forum. I may have missed the answer.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but you really need to work on your approach.......because lying to people won't make them follow you!!!!
What am I lying about? I don't want anyone to follow me. You need to follow Jesus Christ, cry out to Him, ask Him for guidance, repent to Him for your sins, ask Him into your life, let Him be your personal Lord and Savior.

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

Del Valle, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>I think we all serve one or the other.
OK, but...

Do you think it might be possible for that one God to tailor His message for each individual person? Especially since He created such a variety of human beings.
Or do you think that all those that don't share your unique beliefs are the children of Satan?

Answer the Damn question!!!!!
Why can't you have a freaking discussion??????????

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you are smart........you believe the anti-Christian trash sites. Good job!!!!<<<<<--- ------I was being sarcastic.....sadly I actually have to explain that comment to them.
Bubba the atheist learned from Cletus the Satanist who learned from Bobby Joe the Agnostic who had someone's "banned from church for being a scumbag" friend tell him that the bible was a forgery.......man that's some good proof!!!!!!<<<< <<-----I was being sarcastic again....sigh.
What "ant-Christian trash sites" ?

I was educated and received theological training from elite cadre of the church in which I was raised.

There are some sites that include portions of the scholarship pertinent to our discussions. These are worth linking is supporting various points, when asked.(you have yet to do so, btw)

I'm beginning to think that you may not have the necessary fundamentals to engage in debate at this level ... on this topic, at least.

“The Topix Legend of GS!”

Since: Sep 10

Yunited States, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>FOADYOH.:-)
Jay you need to work on keeping that job of yours and stop posting things that have zero meaning however as I have stated several times you are bottom drawer.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
What am I lying about? I don't want anyone to follow me. You need to follow Jesus Christ, cry out to Him, ask Him for guidance, repent to Him for your sins, ask Him into your life, let Him be your personal Lord and Savior.
Oh just about everything you say towards others!!!

You lie about:
1)Us being NON-BELIEVERS
2)Us worshiping Satan
3)Us going to your eternal lake of fire
4)YOU claiming you are somehow saved
5)You making mythical claims about what marriage is
6)YOU judging others falsely

I mean I could go on......but you already have been proven a liar.....no need to go on!!!

I don't need to do anything towards your Christ.....and Jesus is nothing more than a mere man, but I do follow God and He does guide me through the rough times regardless of what you think you may know about my spiritual connection with God Himself!!!

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he doesn't.......but it doesn't surprise me that you want to believe that.
Anyways, I really don't care what you believe and I would prefer to ignore you going forward.
Be well and have a safe life!!!
He doesn't have delusions about Mormons taking over America? Well either you agree with him and that explains your statement or, you don't know him as well as you claimed you knew him. Which is it?
I'll post some of his more choice delusional rants just for you :)
"We all need to get informed and get involved in altering the public to the danger the Later Day Saints present to world peace with their vow to replace the government of the United States:"
That is called a delusional statement. You may ignorantly disagree all you wish. But Smurf has convinced himself that the Mormons are so politically charged, so financially well off, have so many Mormon politicians, are so well loved and accepted by the citizens of these US states that soon they will take over the government.
That is a delusional statement.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you consider proof? Maybe this:
http://1857massacre.com/
or this:
http://mountainmeadowsmassacre.com/
or maybe this one:
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/660196272/...
It appears this massacre happened, but different accounts seem to suggest that Brigham Young either was a part of it or the Church was, which I believe he founded.......so.....what proof do you have that states something different?
Either way, it's irrelevant to me.....but I find it interesting that you call him a liar, yet don't provide any evidence to support why!!!
Proof, anything that goes beyond a reasonable doubt because facts/information give substantial weight to something being proved true by facts.
So lets go from the end to the beginning.
Did Young cover this massacre up? Yes.
Did Young tell his elders in Cedar City to help the Indians steal/take the cattle? weak evidence says possible.
Did Young command the massacre? Not known, not proved.
Now for some glitches in the theory that Young commanded this massacre.
Young is accused of planning and commanding the massacre.
Young received a rider with a note asking if the elders should take the cattle and or massacre the wagon train. Young sent the rider back telling them to do nothing and not to harm/molest or steal from the wagon train.
Problem. If Young had already a month earlier ordered the elders of Cedar City to massacre this wagon train, why are they sending a rider back to Utah to ask if they should steal from and or massacre this wagon train? Young had already authorized the massacre a month before accord to Smurf. So the elders of Cedar City where a Mormon militia was must of been practising for the massacre for weeks.
Yet just before they're suppose to slaughter all these people, they question Young's previous commandment to kill them all. And amazingly Young writes back to not harm the wagon train and to leave them all alone! Seem's Smuf has some back *ssed information happening here and todat, months later, he still can't explain these contradictions and confusion.
Another problem. John D. Lee in his diary. He states as soon as the massacre was done with he high talked it back to SL and saw Young and told Young all that happened. Know what he said Young did? Young said he had to take the matter to the Lord to see what the Lord had to say about it all.
The fact that Lee says Young takes off, hearing the settlers were massacred so he needed to pray about it is the problem. Young would have prayed about the matter before those he wanted to do the foul deed, to convince them God was commanding them to massacre all those people a month before hand. He would have made a written statement and had the branch president of the Cedar City area read it to those elders. So Young wouldn't need to pray AFTER THE MASSACRE to know what God would say because God according to him had told him what to do a month before.
So why is Young praying after the massacre? It makes no sense. Young is acting surprised. Young is showing he doesn't know what to say to Lee about what to do now that the massacre happened. All of this information about the massacre, what to do with the bodies and all their supplies, all that would have been discussed and worked out a month earlier, not a few days after the massacre.
I don't know if Young ordered the massacre or not. But I see discrepancies and problems that give evidence that he may not have known a theft of cows was going to turn into an out right massacre.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does it matter if a man opts to be a stay at home parent? Does this make him less of a man? Why if a woman wants to be a Firefighter does that mean she is trying to be to masculine?
Really, men were men thousands of year ago? Please explain how......I'd be interested to know how......and why should men and women be defined by certain criteria?
Funny thing about gender and defining folks by specific gender related roles........it shouldn't matter.....men can still be men regardless of what their interests are and the same should apply to women......the more we try to force people to be in gender specific roles, the more people say no and break out of narrow boxes!!!
The only thing in this world that is 100% A WOMAN THING.......is carrying, birthing and breast-feeding babies.....everything else is debatable!!!!
What does it matter if a man decides to be a stay at home parent? I didn't say it did matter. Ask a question to something I said.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
What does it matter if a man decides to be a stay at home parent? I didn't say it did matter. Ask a question to something I said.
That wasn't the only question she asked.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
In this and other posts, you seem to conflate gender with gender roles. One is plumbing, the other social conditioning; i.e. transitory and mutable.
Umm, gender to gender roles just began to cease being in the 1960s. Prior to that as you should well know if you lived in the 60s, most women stayed at home and most men left home to work.
We have now in our present time era nearly made extinct gender with gender roles. Anyone is now able to do anything.
Maybe you didn't understand my point as I described it now?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post is just stupid. You don't know what evolution is. What is "masculine" and "feminine" is just fashion. After all, the founding fathers wore heels, stockings, capri pants, make up and wigs.
Your reply was just stupid as usual. I didn't specifically define 'masculine' or 'feminine'. But you did with stupidity as usual. Nice job. Next time ask questions and don't assume you think what you don't have a clue of...lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••