Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,104

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Full Story
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#4536 Feb 8, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
That is nonsense. You can't tell me that someone who is a good person of high moral character who isn't Christian is "serving Satan."
Remember this: God's moral standard is perfection 24/7. Not only must the action be perfect but so must the attitude and desire. This is the standard and your "high moral character" standard is like comparing the surface of the sun with the dark side of moon.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#4537 Feb 8, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything else is Satanism. Every religion is Satanism. Every atheist is a Satanist. Every agnostic is a Satanist. Every Buddhist is a Satanist. Every Hindu is a Satanist.
Every single person that doesn't believe that JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONLY WAY INTO HEAVEN is a Satanist!
Quit following a condemned fallen angel, Satan......and come to Jesus Christ for the remission of sins!
Ohhhhhh...of course. Yours is right because EVERYTHING ELSE IS WRONG! Brilliant. You're truly a master debater.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#4538 Feb 8, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the list. I'll just stay here in the Christian area. My "denomination" is made up of every true born again, blood bought, saved child of the living God........i,e.- the body of Christ
You don't go to church?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#4539 Feb 8, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember this: God's moral standard is perfection 24/7. Not only must the action be perfect but so must the attitude and desire. This is the standard and your "high moral character" standard is like comparing the surface of the sun with the dark side of moon.
What was the perfect action, attitude, and/or desire when God was allowing people to kidnap Israelite children and kill them? Wouldn't the more perfect action have been to protect those children from kidnap/murder? How many children would you knowingly and idly allow to be abducted and sacrificed before you actually did something to prevent it from happening?

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#4540 Feb 8, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>~sigh~
14th Amendment.....
marriage is a fundamental right
You missed the Heterosexual part. It does not specify at all.

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

Austin, TX

#4541 Feb 8, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Just making things up and/or copy pasting from anti-Christian trash sites mean nothing. And repeating the same nonsense over and over just proves your desperation.
Whatever hatred and anger you have against God and Christianity can be forgiven. Take it to the cross, ask Jesus for forgiveness........ask Him into your heart. He shed His blood for you too, for everyone.
Something happened in your life and you are angry with God about it. It makes no sense to lie and mock and try to twist the Word of God. You're not going to turn a REAL Christian away from the faith. We are securely in the hand of Jesus and no one is able to pluck us from there.
Liam, it's time to come to the cross. That knock on your heart is from Jesus.....will you answer the door?
Revelation 3:20- Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Most people don't think the bible IS the word of God. It was written by men inspired by their personal connection with what they considered their God or higher power. That's cool.
God speaks to me and directs me to write the things I do. By your definition, what I write is the word of God, yet I am condemned to the lake of fire and my father is Satan.
Your beliefs are not the only connection to the Almighty. There are many paths. You believe there is only one path. Look around and open your mind, heart, and soul to the possibilities that are all around and free.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#4542 Feb 8, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I'm in the Christian forum. If you go the main Christian area this thread is in the top list.
It's actually in the Catholic forum, gay forum, AND Christian forum.

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#4543 Feb 8, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I'm in the Christian forum. If you go the main Christian area this thread is in the top list.
OMG Roman you better get out or you will catch the Gay. Cause This thread is in the Gay and Lesbian room.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#4544 Feb 8, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
What was the perfect action, attitude, and/or desire when God was allowing people to kidnap Israelite children and kill them? Wouldn't the more perfect action have been to protect those children from kidnap/murder? How many children would you knowingly and idly allow to be abducted and sacrificed before you actually did something to prevent it from happening?
All this shows how far short man falls from God's standard. If this is the only life they had, then its tragic.

In evolutionary theory these things happen. No big deal.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#4545 Feb 8, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I believe what the bible teaches and that is that the earth is a sphere suspended in space.
How many times are going to repeat the same nonsense drivel?
"It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:" Isaiah 40:22

A circle is a flat shape. And the heavens are in no way like a tent or curtain, they are pretty much empty space.

And don't forget the story where Satan takes Jesus to the top of a mountain and shows him all of the kingdoms of earth. That would only be possible if the earth was flat.

Why do you insist on believing the buy-bull is all true? It clearly isn't.

I can understand the need to believe there is someone in charge, some heaven after this for people you like, and a hell for those you don't like, but why the need to believe things that can and have been proven to be untrue are true?
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#4546 Feb 8, 2013
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people don't think the bible IS the word of God. It was written by men inspired by their personal connection with what they considered their God or higher power. That's cool.
God speaks to me and directs me to write the things I do. By your definition, what I write is the word of God, yet I am condemned to the lake of fire and my father is Satan.
Your beliefs are not the only connection to the Almighty. There are many paths. You believe there is only one path. Look around and open your mind, heart, and soul to the possibilities that are all around and free.
Jesus said there was only one way. Argue with Him.

“Watching for Wolves~”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#4547 Feb 8, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan's churches will fall away but the true Bible believing, bible preaching churches will be united.
Bunch of devils.....God bless you Romans!

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#4548 Feb 8, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sup Lowell, there you go pointing out the yucky stuff. Fundies only like the nice stuff. Its best just to rub him behind his wittle ears and leave it alone. He wont believe you even if you show him the scriptures. Kinda like This.

And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive?... Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.-- Numbers 31:15-18

or maybe this

Dang if god didnot feed 42 kids to a she bear

And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.-- 2 Kings 2:23-24

And then there's this statement, which could only be found in the Bible:

Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.-- Psalm 137:9

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#4549 Feb 8, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
All this shows how far short man falls from God's standard. If this is the only life they had, then its tragic.
In evolutionary theory these things happen. No big deal.
So you are saying the bible is a book of lies.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#4550 Feb 8, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm coming to this thread via the Topix Christian forum. I didn't realize it was in other areas too.
YOU.... dont 'realize' A LOT of things..........

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#4551 Feb 8, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>Bunch of devils.....God bless you Romans!
And then we have Laci. Whats up buttercup still searching for a clue?

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#4552 Feb 8, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Weep what? You are making a fool out of yourself yet again. You are copy/pasting from anti-Christian trash sites that are taking scripture out of context.
You can't think for yourself? Sadly, you're even plagiarizing the nonsense.
Doesn't matter if the sites are anti-Christian or not. Either the quotes are accurate, or they aren't.
BTW, I copy pasted my quotes from bibie.cc, a fundie site.
Fitz

Roseville, MI

#4553 Feb 8, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Lacking supporting evidence, I will dismiss your entire comment as delusional.
There is plenty of supporting evidence, indeed it is the reigning thesis amounf secular historians that explains the explosive growth of 1st through 3rd century Christianity.

But no, Im not going to provide citations and a bibliography..ypou simply need to be better read.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#4554 Feb 8, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't go to church?
You completely missed the point of my statement. My brothers and sisters in Christ come from all different denominations.

Since: Mar 07

Woodford, VA

#4555 Feb 8, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, I just stand firmly behind the Word of God. It makes me upset when people try to mock, lie about, or twist God's Holy Bible.
Yes, and many people do that in the attempt to deny basic human rights to other taxpaying Americans.

It's sad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BC denies accreditation to anti-Gay Christian l... 6 min Buybull Mullah 75
Gay couples exchange vows in Montana after ruling 26 min Buybull Mullah 49
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 43 min thunderstorm64 25,994
How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... 1 hr UNchained 63
Gazans rush to enjoy life after ruinous war 2 hr Jim Justice 102
News You Should Know August 4, 2014 4 hr Pasterd_NY_NY laT... 182
Abercrombie content as he leaves office 4 hr Guru 11

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE