Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,103

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Read more

“SCOTUS will Rule in June for”

Since: Aug 08

MARRIAGE EQUALITY:-)

#4293 Feb 7, 2013
Jeff wrote:
So why should we support relationships that cannot procreate?
Why are heterosexual couples who CAN'T procreate even allowed to marry? and why are they allowed "SPECIAL RIGHTS" that my marriage doesn't have when they are EXACTLY the same as my marriage?

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#4294 Feb 7, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
My how it changes when you reread in the Jewish version
Nope, it says the same thing......just using different spellings.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#4295 Feb 7, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to wonder what it would be like to have an intelligent conversation with you. I just can't get my mind around that concept.
THAT is exactly why you'll never have an intelligent conversation with me. You aren't anywhere near my intelligence level. Work on increasing it and then come back at me.

#4296 Feb 7, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to wonder what it would be like to have an intelligent conversation with you. I just can't get my mind around that concept.
That's what we were thinking with regards to you......you want us to answer questions, but you ignore ours.........seems it is you that have no answers and just go round in circles thinking we won't notice the old dodge and weave crap!!!

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#4297 Feb 7, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
OK lets take a look at one; sugar
++++++++++
1 Corinthians 6:9> Know yee not that the vnrighteous shall not inherite the kingdome of God? Be not deceiued: neither fornicatours, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselues with mankinde,
1 Corinthians 6:10> Nor theeues, nor couetous, nor drunkards, nor reuilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
++++++++++
Ummmm
Gay people are neither mentioned nor implied
You may very well be wrong about the entire Bible!
Effeminate:

Strong's G3120 - malakos

1) soft, soft to the touch

2) metaph. in a bad sense

a) effeminate

1) of a catamite

2) of a boy kept for homosexual relations with a man

3) of a male who submits his body to unnatural lewdness

4) of a male prostitute

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#4298 Feb 7, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, regardless of whether Gays and Lesbians have the right to marry.......HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH STRAIGHTS HAVING BABIES or for that matter Gays and Lesbians from having babies!!!
Your absolute crap is just that......CRAP!!!!
I for one am willing to help any of my lesbian sisters have children.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#4299 Feb 7, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Sweetie, you really should learn to pay better attention to what you say you are reading. In order to PROHIBIT someone from marrying the partner(s) of their choice, a compelling interest of the state must be served in doing so. The state has no compelling interest served by interracial marriages, prison marriages, or remarriages by deadbeat parents, but since there was no compelling interest served in their PROHIBITION, it was unconstitutional to do so. There is no compelling interest of the state which is served by the PROHIBITION of same sex couples, where there is against, incestuous, cross species and plural marriages, which you are completely unable to refute.
Sure there is a compelling interest in prohibiting same sex marriage. For one, out society never has. Two, same sex marriages offer nothing to society that traditional marriage cannot do. Three, same sex marriage will promote unhealthy living via homosexual sexual practices. Four, it will confuse young people what marriage really is and its function. Five, children will be deprived of one parent in the family.

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#4300 Feb 7, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, it says the same thing......just using different spellings.
http://www.topix.com/forum/rel igion/christian/T0I77PKMNJ1DM4 ORH/post4283

You missed this one, to hard for ya?

BTW, no its not a different spelling, dippy
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#4301 Feb 7, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>THAT is exactly why you'll never have an intelligent conversation with me. You aren't anywhere near my intelligence level. Work on increasing it and then come back at me.
Just as I thought. I can't get that dumb. I'm nowhere near that low of intelligence. Sorry.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#4302 Feb 7, 2013
tickedoffchic wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey idiot!
This man protected your freedom, while you were sitting in a corner, sucking your thumb. Now that he's retired, he has a very successful business. What have YOU ever done?
Ooooh! I see Jeff doesn't like the truth.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4303 Feb 7, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
They do. Its just that the fetus is not her body. That she does not have the right to kill.
But it's perfectly fine for the fetus to kill the mother, even if she is the mother of several children.

You must be kidding me.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#4304 Feb 7, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
What about those who can't afford children on their own? Is money all that is necessary to raise a child?
It's obvious you have a comprehension problem and an IQ of 70. That's why many single women choose to have a child without a dickweed, like you, and go to a sperm bank.

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#4305 Feb 7, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
But it's perfectly fine for the fetus to kill the mother, even if she is the mother of several children.
You must be kidding me.
This is what amazes me. People are all upset at the prospect of killing a fetus. But will send 10,000 volts of electricity into the body of a man convicted of murder. Shit fire killing is killing.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#4306 Feb 7, 2013
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>It's obvious you have a comprehension problem and an IQ of 70. That's why many single women choose to have a child without a dickweed, like you, and go to a sperm bank.
Amen!

#4307 Feb 7, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>I for one am willing to help any of my lesbian sisters have children.
Such a good guy you are:-)

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#4308 Feb 7, 2013
tickedoffchic wrote:
<quoted text>Ooooh! I see Jeff doesn't like the truth.
Dang it took you long enough.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#4309 Feb 7, 2013
Jeff wrote:
Sure there is a compelling interest in prohibiting same sex marriage. For one, out society never has. Two, same sex marriages offer nothing to society that traditional marriage cannot do. Three, same sex marriage will promote unhealthy living via homosexual sexual practices. Four, it will confuse young people what marriage really is and its function. Five, children will be deprived of one parent in the family.
One, tradition isn't a compelling state interest dear. Two, that barely makes sense. Three, marriage encourages, protects and rewards monogamy dear, your "compelling interest" is actually a reason to allow same sex marriages, cupcake. Four, stupid, easily confused heterosexual children are an embarrassment, not a state interest in prohibiting same sex marriages. Five, sorry sweetie, the state has no compelling interest served by insisting that children have both a mother and a father.

0 for 5, keep up the good work.

#4310 Feb 7, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as I thought. I can't get that dumb. I'm nowhere near that low of intelligence. Sorry.
Oh please.......you couldn't even shine Troth's boots with your level of intelligence......lol!!!
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#4311 Feb 7, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Effeminate:
Strong's G3120 - malakos
1) soft, soft to the touch
2) metaph. in a bad sense
a) effeminate
1) of a catamite
2) of a boy kept for homosexual relations with a man
3) of a male who submits his body to unnatural lewdness
4) of a male prostitute
Effeminate is a woman

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#4312 Feb 7, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure there is a compelling interest in prohibiting same sex marriage. For one, out society never has.
Appealing to tradition, a logical fallacy.
Why don't you stop using the internet, after all, before it was invented, nobody had used it.
Jeff wrote:
Two, same sex marriages offer nothing to society that traditional marriage cannot do.
BTW, "traditional marriages" are quite modern.
Jeff wrote:
Three, same sex marriage will promote unhealthy living via homosexual sexual practices.
Have you started having gay sex since you heard about gay marriage? How would exclusive relationships promote unhealthy living?
Jeff wrote:
Four, it will confuse young people what marriage really is and its function. Five, children will be deprived of one parent in the family.
Rose's Law:
Morons with no real argument scream, "But what about the children!?"
You're stupid, but by the time most kids are able to wrap their heads around an abstract concept like marriage, they can deal with the fact that some people are attracted to members of the same sex. In fact, they might be one of those people.
How can a gay marriage deprive a child of a parent? Do "gay rays" snap people up? Some sort of rapture?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 12 min Rock Star Chihuahua 30,830
News Indiana Gov. Pence set to sign religious object... 14 min Your Ex 39
News Indiana House OKs religious objection bill by w... 55 min serfs up 70
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 1 hr NorCal Native 1,572
News LTE: In Open Letter to Clearfield Community, Lo... 1 hr no sense 4
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 3 hr raider4life 1,607
News Indiana's religious freedom law: What you need ... 4 hr NorCal Native 5
More from around the web