Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments
3,521 - 3,540 of 16,105 Comments Last updated Aug 28, 2013
Jeff

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly child, slang has EVERYTHING to do with the word inquestion.
Silly little man, slang has nothing to do with what a word means in the Old Testament.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there any possiblity that for one second you could understand just how incredibly stupid that idea is?
I agree that its stupid. Just like same sex marriage is.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text> Holy Scripture clearly says to love your neighbor as yourself.
Where does Scripture say anywhere, that you must love your neighbor except if he be Catholic or an atheist or a homosexual?
Scripture also says to love the stranger, for ye were strangers in Egypt.

Oops...

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally incorrect. No one ever showed that to be a lie. In point of fact, by posting the dictionary definition, BAC showed to everyone that it was perfectly logical for them to have used that term as a slang term for orgasm. And that is why I love posting only the truth, as best I can. That way, every time some yahoo tries to call me on it, they end up looking like fools...
The only ones that look like a fool on here is you and the other unbelievers. You guys prove post after post how little you understand and fathom even the simplest things of the Holy Bible.

It's really quite sad and pathetic. You guys have to resort to all out lying since you reject the obvious truth of the scriptures.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretending that your prejudices have anything to do with the "Word" of God however IS being a bigot.
There is NOTHING in the bible that legitimately translates into a condemnation of homosexuality. Nothing.
This is such a foolish statement.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretending that your prejudices have anything to do with the "Word" of God however IS being a bigot.
There is NOTHING in the bible that legitimately translates into a condemnation of homosexuality. Nothing.
You know your posts are being read by many? Why make a complete fool out of yourself in public? Come on, grow up and start acting your age.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't be here if I didn't love my neighbor. I won't be silent when Satan is leading so many to their eternal Damnation in Hell.
Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life; no man comes to the Father but by Him!
Belief in Satan is against the Bible - all evil comes from God. Blaming Satan for anything is blasphemy.

Hell is a myth invented by christians. It makes God into an evil, vicious bastard. In other words, belif in Hell is blasphemy.

When Jesus said that no one goes to the God of the Bible but through the teachings of Jesus, Jesus was teachinhg people to follow Judaism. Perhaps you should think about that fact...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
I checked out GOD's Sin List and you are correct:
++++++++++
1. I am the Lord thy God. Thou shalt have no other Gods before me
2. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain
3. Thou shalt keep holy the sabbath day
4. Honor thy father and thy mother
5. Thou shalt not kill
6. Thou shalt not commit adultery
7. Thou shalt not steal
8. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor
9. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's goods
++++++++++
You left out the other 603...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! You're onto something here
Lets make a new law:
"When straight people hit 50 their marriage license expires and they must be punished"
You mean that hitting 50 isn't punishment enough? And I would point out that I can still father children. Just get me a couple of nice 20 year olds and I'll prove it!
Jeff

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll answer. Again, since these points have already been addressed.
Incest has ample evidence showing that it can result in the harmful mixing of otherwise recessive genes, leading to a sharp increase in birth defects and numerous other deleterious effects.
No one has given any reasons for banning group marriages, other than the negative example of the FLDS Mormons. However, their polygamous marriages were primarily about the cult-like control of the community by a small group of elders through the giving or withdrawl of wives to the young men - wives who were on some occassions far too young to give consent for such marriages.
And as far as single parent households, yes they can have problems. Requests for adoption need to be vary carefully scrutinized. However, a single good parent is far better than a constant succession of neglectful (or worse - outright abusive) foster parents.
Case in point: my son is better off with me as a single parent than he would be if he were with his mother and her current husband.
Case in point, a woman that I know raised her daughter as a single parent. The daughter, a high school graduate with some college and some work experience, just had a very nice wedding ceremony. Still young, but so far she is doing pretty good.
Yes, there are plenty of negative examples of children raised by single parents. It just goes to show that you really don't have any facts to back up your prejudices...
If we are going to ban something because it's harmful to people like incest then we should ban homosexual sex practices also. It's a proven medical fact many homosexuals are sick and dying. Just look it up at the Center for Diease Control.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
You know your posts are being read by many? Why make a complete fool out of yourself in public? Come on, grow up and start acting your age.
We should not be to hard on him. He can only act according to his nature. Fools always act their age.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Belief in Satan is against the Bible - all evil comes from God. Blaming Satan for anything is blasphemy.
Hell is a myth invented by christians. It makes God into an evil, vicious bastard. In other words, belif in Hell is blasphemy.
When Jesus said that no one goes to the God of the Bible but through the teachings of Jesus, Jesus was teachinhg people to follow Judaism. Perhaps you should think about that fact...
The gospel according to Liam R means nothing to me.........I think I'll believe God over some anti-Christian Topix poster who has proven to know NOTHING about the Word of God.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
We should not be to hard on him. He can only act according to his nature. Fools always act their age.
Yeah, you do act like a 6 yr old!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no prejudices against homosexuals. They need Jesus just like everyone else. But calling a sinner a sinner is being bigoted? God forbid!

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
If we are going to ban something because it's harmful to people like incest then we should ban homosexual sex practices also. It's a proven medical fact many homosexuals are sick and dying. Just look it up at the Center for Diease Control.
If we are going to ban something because it's harmful to people like incest then we should ban hETEROsexual sex practices also. It's a proven medical fact many hETEROsexuals are sick and dying. Just look it up at the Center for DiSease Control.
Fixed for correctness.. since you are unable to post correct information.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that its stupid. Just like same sex marriage is.
You're a idiot and should come with a warning tattooed across your forehead!!!

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, NO TRUER WORDS WERE EVER POSTED........ESPECIALLY FROM THE BIGGEST FOOL OF THEM ALL.....you!!!

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no prejudices against homosexuals. They need Jesus just like everyone else. But calling a sinner a sinner is being bigoted? God forbid!
Do you sin?
Jeff

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, you do act like a 6 yr old!
If that's true that puts you at about 2.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••