Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16103 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Born Again Gay

Alpharetta, GA

#4024 Feb 6, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
You unbelievers have no power or authority over us Christians
.....and you snarling evangelical fundamentalists have no power or authority over Gay People
None whatsoever
sugar

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#4025 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Rubbish. You should spend more time reading the dictionary than posting.
You should spend more time in 3rd grade.. you might actually learn something!

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#4026 Feb 6, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
You unbelievers have no power or authority over us Christians. I'm in my Father's hand and NO ONE is able to pluck me from it. My Shepherd Jesus laid down His life for my sins, I was purchased with His sinless blood.
I want nothing to do with the god of this world, Satan.
"I will cling to the old rugged cross,
and exchange it some day for a crown."
Clinging is futile. Your God's sway is coming to an end. You can feel it too. I know you can. I see it inevery post you make. Just remember that people who call themselves "nones" are not on your side of history. They are the third biggest religious classification in the world. Can ya feel it?

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#4027 Feb 6, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Standing firm behind the Word of God is not being a bigot. Marriage is between a MAN and a WOMAN only, that's not denying a homosexual any equal rights. SIN isn't a minority class.
The Bible/church/religion has nothing at all to do with our Constitution and national laws.
Grow up.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#4028 Feb 6, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Clinging is futile. Your God's sway is coming to an end. You can feel it too. I know you can. I see it inevery post you make. Just remember that people who call themselves "nones" are not on your side of history. They are the third biggest religious classification in the world. Can ya feel it?
It is so crazy the way these people treat religion. I was raised Catholic, don't consider myself that anymore, just call myself your run of the mill "Christian" as in the literal translation "follower of Christ."

My faith is very strong and very important to me.

If you look at comparable non-faith based practices, you can see how similar principles lead to certain benefits; i.e. not stressing over things (in my world "trusting God")= better health, etc.

Yet I feel no compulsion to puke my religious views out all over other people and claim I know all the right answers.

I feel no threat from other religions or from atheists. Live and let live.

I absolutely disagree with the notion that Christianity of any stripe should dominate in the US. It has actually done that for a very long time - against all the rules - and now that it is being put back in its place, some object as if they are being somehow wronged.

So there is a "productive, intelligent Christianity" which is healthy and personally helpful, not crusade-based, not non-thinking, not offensive.

Too bad so many have corrupted it into the ugliness displayed on these pages.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#4029 Feb 6, 2013
Amen brother Tony!
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
It is so crazy the way these people treat religion. I was raised Catholic, don't consider myself that anymore, just call myself your run of the mill "Christian" as in the literal translation "follower of Christ."
My faith is very strong and very important to me.
If you look at comparable non-faith based practices, you can see how similar principles lead to certain benefits; i.e. not stressing over things (in my world "trusting God")= better health, etc.
Yet I feel no compulsion to puke my religious views out all over other people and claim I know all the right answers.
I feel no threat from other religions or from atheists. Live and let live.
I absolutely disagree with the notion that Christianity of any stripe should dominate in the US. It has actually done that for a very long time - against all the rules - and now that it is being put back in its place, some object as if they are being somehow wronged.
So there is a "productive, intelligent Christianity" which is healthy and personally helpful, not crusade-based, not non-thinking, not offensive.
Too bad so many have corrupted it into the ugliness displayed on these pages.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#4030 Feb 6, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose's Law:
Morons with no real argument scream, "But what about the children!?"
Sin destroys homes and the children suffer the most.

“TODAY SCOTUS RULED MARRIAGE”

IS A FUNDAMENTAL RIGHT FOR ALL

#4031 Feb 6, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a male one, does that count?
Yes, that counts:-)

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#4032 Feb 6, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Good gawd.. why is there SO much all in ONE place? The church.. guess we should get rid of churches!

#4033 Feb 6, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
1. There is no correct Word Of God on Earth. All you have are translations of translations which cannot possibly be 100% accurate as no language translates perfectly into another.

2. Whether you use your religion as an excuse or not, bigotry is bigotry. Denying gay people marriage rights is bigotry by definition. You don't get to weasel out of that, it is solid fact.

3. Marriage is between same sex people in several states. I am married to another man. So your assertion that marriage is between a MAN and a WOMAN only is simply false.

4. Your interpretation of sin is irrelevant to law.
1) God has preserved His Word.

2) Homosexuals only want to marry to mock the institute of marriage. You hate God's Word because it convicts you of your sins....

3) God's established marriage (MAN and WOMAN) is the only one that is valid and legit

4) God blesses Godly nations and curses evil nations

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#4034 Feb 6, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know? Have you been guilty of it?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#4035 Feb 6, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>Good gawd.. why is there SO much all in ONE place? The church.. guess we should get rid of churches!
At least.. tax em!

#4036 Feb 6, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
You're following a fallen angel, Satan. The Devil has already been sentenced to eternal Hell (he isn't there yet though), so he wants to deceive and drag as many fools that he can along with him.

God and His Christians have already won..........we are just trying to win more over to the winning side. Quit being deceived by the Devil!

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#4037 Feb 6, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
1) God has preserved His Word.
2) Homosexuals only want to marry to mock the institute of marriage. You hate God's Word because it convicts you of your sins....
3) God's established marriage (MAN and WOMAN) is the only one that is valid and legit
4) God blesses Godly nations and curses evil nations
aw.. SHUDDAP already! Gawd your nothing short of a parrot!

Location hidden

#4038 Feb 6, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>You're following a fallen angel, Satan. The Devil has already been sentenced to eternal Hell (he isn't there yet though), so he wants to deceive and drag as many fools that he can along with him.

God and His Christians have already won..........we are just trying to win more over to the winning side. Quit being deceived by the Devil!
Haha..ur going about it wrong

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#4039 Feb 6, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
At least.. tax em!
INORITE! No more fiscal issues with the gubment!
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#4040 Feb 6, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
1. There is no correct Word Of God on Earth. All you have are translations of translations which cannot possibly be 100% accurate as no language translates perfectly into another.
2. Whether you use your religion as an excuse or not, bigotry is bigotry. Denying gay people marriage rights is bigotry by definition. You don't get to weasel out of that, it is solid fact.
3. Marriage is between same sex people in several states. I am married to another man. So your assertion that marriage is between a MAN and a WOMAN only is simply false.
4. Your interpretation of sin is irrelevant to law.
So you are wife? Think about it: a wife is a man. Got it.

Nunya

#4041 Feb 6, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
You're following a fallen angel, Satan. The Devil has already been sentenced to eternal Hell (he isn't there yet though), so he wants to deceive and drag as many fools that he can along with him.
I don't believe in your god. WTF makes you think I would believe in your personal made up nightmare Satan? You really can't think your way past the end of your medulla , can ya?

Telling me your god has won is the same as telling me that Draco Malfoy won. I really don't care.

Nunya

#4042 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are wife? Think about it: a wife is a man. Got it.
So you're a douche-accordion? What else is new?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#4043 Feb 6, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
If it's happening today in the United States, please provide that information.......I don't care about Russia, Africa or some native tribe in the Rain forest!!!
You said COMMUNITIES.......they are not the same as WEALTHY FAMILIES.......and this is what I'm trying to get at, but you keep changing the situation!!!
Again, you are EXPLAINING FAMILIES, but you started out with COMMUNITIES......they are NOT the same!!!
Man are you tense! lol Take a chill pill.
The program is called Habitat for Humanity but it isn't HUD sponsored. You apply. If accepted, you have to prove you have reliable work and for a couple years in your community, you are required to help other applicants build their homes. Volunteers from the community come and help build these homes. This program exists in all 50 states. So yes even in our modern age, people of a community do help others to build their home.
Quakers build a new house for newly weds. Quakers build buildings that all share together, like a central kitchen and dinning hall, barns, etc.
Homes have been built in various ways. The primary ways were first communities and isolated areas where several families might live a few miles apart. They would gather to help each other build a new barn or home etc. Than as towns and cities evolved someone began to build homes and apartments for people to buy or rent. Than you have always had the industrious person with saved $ who would build their own home with or without help.
What is your issue with this any way?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Conservative Republicans question what's next a... 12 min Christians In Nam... 93
News One honeymoon isn't enough! Rebecca Adlington j... 29 min jickmoss 2
News Governors vow to fight SCOTUS ruling on gay mar... 37 min Brian_G 469
News Texas, Alabama blast same-sex marriage ruling 43 min Deo Vindice 6
News Mike Huckabee Suggests He Wouldn't Enforce Same... 53 min Christians In Nam... 38
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 1 hr Termiraider 5,159
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 1 hr NorCal Native 5,694
More from around the web