Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16101 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3964 Feb 6, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were smarter, you'd realize more work needs to be put into it BEFORE you get married. You have to make sure you're getting married for the right reasons, have similar and realistic expectations, and don't allow for divorce as an option.
That's what we did. But we take marriage seriously.
Good points.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3965 Feb 6, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
I already admitted my misunderstanding.
You said only in cases of abandonment or divorce should the children not be removed. So, for instance, if a woman decides to have children out of wedlock, you support taking the children away and giving them to married heterosexual couples, right? I can only assume that you're being honest when you say the things you say. Maybe if you didn't continuously say such foolish things, I wouldn't be forced to believe that you think such foolish things. Clarify if you like, but I'm quite sure you believe exactly what I believe you believe.
Why should the elderly be banned from marriage? More to the point, what legally valid reason do you have to support such a ban?
Where did I say that I "support taking children away from single-parent households and giving them to married heterosexual couples"?
Give the post #
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3966 Feb 6, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Tell you what: why don't you give a positive list 10 things of being a heterosexual then we can discuss them.
Homosexual attributes
1 Being Honest, Truthful, Trustworthy
2 Having Integrity—
3 Being Caring/ Compassionate/ Benevolent—
4 Doing One’s Civic Duty
5 Having Courage
6 Being Willing to Sacrifice
7 Maintaining Self-Control
8 Being just and Fair
9 Being Cooperative
10 Being Persevering
11 Keeping Promises
12 Doing no harm—
13 Pursuing excellence
14 Taking personal responsibility
15 Having Empathy
16 Benefiting others
17 Having Respect for others
18 Having Patience
19 Being Forgiving
20 Making Peace
21 Having Fidelity/ Loyal
22 Respecting Autonomy
23 Being Tolerant
24 Having Self-respect
These things having nothing to do with homosexuality. Homosexuality is an sexual orientation towards someone of the same sex. What are the benefits of being a homosexual?
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3967 Feb 6, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Fail.
Over.
Ignore.
Just as I thought. You have nothing to back up your claims.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3968 Feb 6, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a generalization. You cannot say ALL children born out of wedlock don't do as well...and as well as whom?
I'm sure there are plenty of children born of married parents who have awful lives that are worse than many children born out of wedlock.
In your opinion which is better: children born out of wedlock or in a traditional marriage?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#3969 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>Tell you what: why don't you give a positive list 10 things of being a homosexual then we can discuss them.
Why don't u give a positive list 10 things of being a bigot...
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3970 Feb 6, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
I already admitted my misunderstanding.
You said only in cases of abandonment or divorce should the children not be removed. So, for instance, if a woman decides to have children out of wedlock, you support taking the children away and giving them to married heterosexual couples, right? I can only assume that you're being honest when you say the things you say. Maybe if you didn't continuously say such foolish things, I wouldn't be forced to believe that you think such foolish things. Clarify if you like, but I'm quite sure you believe exactly what I believe you believe.
Why should the elderly be banned from marriage? More to the point, what legally valid reason do you have to support such a ban?
Should we encourage women to have babies out of wedlock? Is that something society should encourage?
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3971 Feb 6, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I try, and I'm not even gay:
1. They don't breed welfare babies.
2. On a average, they make more money than straight people.
3. They don't join groups/gangs and beat up straight people for being straight.
4. I can trust them not to hit on my wife.
5. They run the fashion industry, showing that as a people, they have creative minds, and have great taste.
6. They are accepting of all except those who openly hate them.
7. They pay a lot of taxes.
8. Jesus loves them.
9. I love them.
10. They return the love.
1) They can't procreate so they don't have babies.
2) Why do you think gays make more money than straight people?
3) Many gays harass people who don't agree with them.
4)Do you think they would hit your wife if she made them mad?
5) Is good taste in fashion a homosexual characteristic?
6) True for some. I have found many to be quite nasty when they don't like what you say. Just look on this forum. Also true some straights are to though.
7) Only if they make a lot of money.
8) True and He wants them to repent.
9-10) That is good so long as its not sexual.

I don't see any of these things as depending on being homosexual to be true.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#3972 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell you what: why don't you give a positive list 10 things of being a homosexual then we can discuss them.
Here ya go:


Here ya go:
1)Belonging to a community
2)Creating families of choice
3)Forging strong connections with others
4)Serving as positive role models
5)Developing empathy and compassion
6)Living authentically and honestly
7)Gaining personal insight and sense of self
8)Involvement in social justice and activism
9)Freedom from gender-specific roles
10)Freedom to explore sexuality and relationships

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#3973 Feb 6, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't u give a positive list 10 things of being a bigot...
Standing up for the God ordained traditional marriage (MAN and WOMAN) isn't being a bigot. In fact, many non-Christians would agree with that.

Children deserve to have their father and mother raising them. Not mom and her lover....or dad and his lover.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#3974 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Should we encourage women to have babies out of wedlock? Is that something society should encourage?
Why do women need to be bound to men in marriages that only lead to tragedy or stuck to some misogynist pig? Women are capable of providing, nurturing, educating, etc..........without a man as there are men who are capable of providing, nurturing, educating, etc..........without some raving b!tch. A child shouldn't be subjected to two miserable people because some godbot, like you, thinks they should.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#3975 Feb 6, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>Standing up for the God ordained traditional marriage (MAN and WOMAN) isn't being a bigot. In fact, many non-Christians would agree with that.

Children deserve to have their father and mother raising them. Not mom and her lover....or dad and his lover.
Denying equal rights to a minority class is being a bigot. Hiding behind a religion while doing so is despicable.
Children deserve love and nurture(I hope u don't have any)

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#3976 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
These things having nothing to do with homosexuality. Homosexuality is an sexual orientation towards someone of the same sex. What are the benefits of being a homosexual?
You really are a simple person aren't you. Homosexuals are people no different than you and I. They are just attracted to the same sex. A persons sex life is well, none of your business now is it?
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#3977 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
A baker is being investigated for refusing to bake a cake for a same sex wedding. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/04/oregon-b...
Its happened to bed and breakfast owners. Parents in some schools are being forced to have their children learn about homosexuality against the wishes of the parents.
Look also what happened to Chick-fil-A.
The baker chose the wrong moral principles and broke the law
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3978 Feb 6, 2013
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Why do women need to be bound to men in marriages that only lead to tragedy or stuck to some misogynist pig? Women are capable of providing, nurturing, educating, etc..........without a man as there are men who are capable of providing, nurturing, educating, etc..........without some raving b!tch. A child shouldn't be subjected to two miserable people because some godbot, like you, thinks they should.
You sound like you don't know many good men.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#3979 Feb 6, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, ok...I was thinking of the little twit from Pekin:)
LOL the twit from pekin is named tony.. as in perkins.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3980 Feb 6, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Denying equal rights to a minority class is being a bigot. Hiding behind a religion while doing so is despicable.
Children deserve love and nurture(I hope u don't have any)
Homosexuals are not being denied any rights. They are not a class or a minority.

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#3981 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
1) They can't procreate so they don't have babies.
2) Why do you think gays make more money than straight people?
3) Many gays harass people who don't agree with them.
4)Do you think they would hit your wife if she made them mad?
5) Is good taste in fashion a homosexual characteristic?
6) True for some. I have found many to be quite nasty when they don't like what you say. Just look on this forum. Also true some straights are to though.
7) Only if they make a lot of money.
8) True and He wants them to repent.
9-10) That is good so long as its not sexual.
I don't see any of these things as depending on being homosexual to be true.
1 what does procreation have to do with marriage?
2 Homosexuals tend to be college educated, thus they tend to earn more in a life time than less educated heterosexuals.
3 Fundies like your self argue with everyone who is not a bible thumper, or a birthing machine
4 Would you hit my wife? I think not she would kick your ass.
5 Do you have a problem with well dressed people?
6 Fundies like your self are not nice people to talk to
7 see #2
8 Repent for what? Being true to them selves. That's stupid
9-10 why should you care how, when any why anyone but yourself has sex
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#3982 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Should we encourage women to have babies out of wedlock? Is that something society should encourage?
Proof of Baby is not required for the purchase of a marriage license

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#3983 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like you don't know many good men.
Actually Earth Child is married to a wonderful man and both are great people, who have even defended your pathetic azz to post the crap you do in these forums........so, before you start making any more DUMBAZZ comments......kindly think!!!

Hell, even I know lots of good men......still doesn't mean I want to be romantically or sexually involved with them!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Transgender Ken doll cake triggers outrage afte... 1 hr Rose_NoHo 60
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 16 hr Unfortunate 31,938
News Carroll Daybook 17 hr MaltaMerlin 3
News Hindu girl weds childhood Muslim friend in Paki... Mon Rosa 2
[Guide] Funny maid of honor speech (Sep '14) Mon mariam 176
News Rizzoli & Isles' introduction of Maura's husban... Aug 27 Ex Fan 1
News Gay Republican Iowa Senate Hopeful: I'm Not the... Aug 27 Skippy 4
More from around the web