Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,103

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Read more

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#3819 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Children have more problems in these families.
I was babysitter for two of my grandsons for a few years. They are grown now, 23 and 18.
When the older one started first grade, I was the transportation to and from school.
One day, when I had picked him up from school, he asked me why ALL the kids in his class didn't live with their mommy and daddy. Turns out he was the only child in his first grade class who lived with his parents, others either lived with a stepfather and mother, stepmother and father, or single parent.
These were all basically good Christian citizens we are speaking of here..........

Jeff, when are you finally going to turn your attention to the FACT that Christians have a severe divorce problem?
Talk about 'problems in the family'.........

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#3820 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Same sex marriage is forcing people to violate their moral principles.
Reproduction is the primary function for marriage. Its from the traditional family that the next generation comes from naturally.
Oh dear.
"moral principles"?

I was babysitter for two of my grandsons for a few years. They are grown now, 23 and 18.
When the older one started first grade, I was the transportation to and from school.
One day, when I had picked him up from school, he asked me why ALL the kids in his class didn't live with their mommy and daddy. Turns out he was the only child in his first grade class who lived with his parents, others either lived with a stepfather and mother, stepmother and father, or single parent.
These were all basically good Christian citizens we are speaking of here..........

Jeff, when are you finally going to turn your attention to the FACT that Christians have a severe divorce problem?
Talk about 'problems in the family'.........

My post here indicates the present day 'traditional family'.

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#3821 Feb 6, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a mind numbing video for u...done by a friend of mine.
http://m.youtube.com/watch...
I was not able to find the video. The link took me to a list of videos but the url should have pointed towards a specific video. Do you suppose it was pulled?
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#3822 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what is bad:
" Are much more likely to have received welfare growing up (IBF 17%; LM 69%; GF 57%)
Have lower educational attainment (IBF 3.19; LM 2.39; GF 2.64)
Report less safety and security in their family of origin (IBF 4.13; LM 3.12; GF 3.25)
Report more ongoing "negative impact" from their family of origin (IBF 2.30; LM 3.13; GF 2.90)
Are more likely to suffer from depression (IBF 1.83; LM 2.20; 2.18)
Have been arrested more often (IBF 1.18; LM 1.68; GF 1.75)
If they are female, have had more sexual partners-both male (IBF 2.79; LM 4.02; GF 5.92) and female (IBF 0.22; LM 1.04; GF 1.47)"
HOMOSEXUAL PARENT STUDY
Summary of Findings
Peter Sprigg
OK! I see where they messed up
They didn't consult with any actual gay couples or any of their kids
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#3823 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
Now you're making no sense at all whatsoever
Which people?

El Cerrito California

#3824 Feb 6, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> my point is....... You don't really give a crap about the gay community. Your problem is with Mormonism and you will use any means necessary to.further your agenda. Why do you have nothing to say to the various members of other faiths here about their unchristian attitudes toward the gay community ? Instead of trying to voice your opinion on the LGBT community you are using the forum to once again talk about Mormonism. Your biggest problem is you can't see people as individuals. You group everyone. Even you knowing how much I love the gay community, you can't look past my faith. It shows how shallow you are.
I like that you are beginning to question doctrine versus reality, not ashamed, but isn't the organization of Later Day saint a group? And does it not value the doctrine of the church over any individual that is born in a way incompatible with their belief system?

Most Gay people are angry at the Mormons because of the example they set with proposition 8. And they have every right to be angry!

I wasn't even familiar with the Mormons until prop h(8). Now that I am I find the Later Day Saints teachings even more and more hateful than just excluding gays the more I research the nature of the church.

I am not singling out the Mormons as a hate group, and I don't think anyone else here is either. But the teachings encourage people to hate just like a lot of other religions do and need to be exposed for what they are.

“SCOTUS will Rule in June for”

Since: Aug 08

MARRIAGE EQUALITY:-)

#3825 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what is bad:
" Are much more likely to have received welfare growing up (IBF 17%; LM 69%; GF 57%)
Have lower educational attainment (IBF 3.19; LM 2.39; GF 2.64)
Report less safety and security in their family of origin (IBF 4.13; LM 3.12; GF 3.25)
Report more ongoing "negative impact" from their family of origin (IBF 2.30; LM 3.13; GF 2.90)
Are more likely to suffer from depression (IBF 1.83; LM 2.20; 2.18)
Have been arrested more often (IBF 1.18; LM 1.68; GF 1.75)
If they are female, have had more sexual partners-both male (IBF 2.79; LM 4.02; GF 5.92) and female (IBF 0.22; LM 1.04; GF 1.47)"
HOMOSEXUAL PARENT STUDY
Summary of Findings
Peter Sprigg
Interesting how you won't give a link because you know the information comes from anti-gay biased sources like the FRC and Lifesitenews......good job Jeff!!!
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#3826 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
Reproduction is the primary function for marriage
Well then; why isn't 'proof of baby' a requirement for purchase of a marriage license?
Born Again Gay

Alpharetta, GA

#3827 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
Its from the traditional family that the next generation comes from naturally.
Of course! That's where GAY babies come from
If you don't like GAY babies; get traditional families to stop making them
Promote divorce

El Cerrito California

#3828 Feb 6, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Minor historical quibble - the Torah was translated into Greek before Jesus, it is the Septuagant or LXX. The exact date for the translation of the rest of the OT is disputable, but the Torah appears to have been translated in the late 2nd century BCE.
It isn't a minor historical squabble unless you are a linguist in search of an argument.

It is important to understand what inaccuracies can occur in translating into one language from another.

Jesus spoke Aramaic:

http://www.godward.org/hebrew%20roots/which_l...

When Jesus quoted from the Torah it was in the language he was familiar with while growing up when studying in the temple.

Paul spoke Greek.

But it is more important to understand that the historical Jesus was a mystic and Paul was not. The mystical experience can not be expressed in any language.

What Paul taught should be considered from Paul's ego.

Paul was multilingual and a prolific writer.

As far as is known, Jesus never wrote anything down.

There was a mystic in Ancient China who once said "He who knows does not say, he who says does not know."

You can draw whatever implications you like from that.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3830 Feb 6, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're making no sense at all whatsoever
Which people?
Millions in every state that has voted against it.

Since: Dec 09

United States

#3831 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Reproduction is the primary function for marriage. Its from the traditional family that the next generation comes from naturally.
Give me just ONE example of how same-sex marriage forces people to violate their moral principles.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3832 Feb 6, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then; why isn't 'proof of baby' a requirement for purchase of a marriage license?
Most people don't have a baby before they get married. What we do know is that only 2 opposite sex people can procreate naturally. Same sex cannot.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3833 Feb 6, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me just ONE example of how same-sex marriage forces people to violate their moral principles.
A baker is being investigated for refusing to bake a cake for a same sex wedding. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/04/oregon-b...

Its happened to bed and breakfast owners. Parents in some schools are being forced to have their children learn about homosexuality against the wishes of the parents.

Look also what happened to Chick-fil-A.

“SCOTUS will Rule in June for”

Since: Aug 08

MARRIAGE EQUALITY:-)

#3834 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
A baker is being investigated for refusing to bake a cake for a same sex wedding. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/04/oregon-b...
Its happened to bed and breakfast owners. Parents in some schools are being forced to have their children learn about homosexuality against the wishes of the parents.
THEY'RE BUSINESS OWNERS and as such DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO DISCRIMINATE if there are laws against DISCRIMINATION that include sexual orientation!!!

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#3835 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you on some sort of drug? Who told you that you have to be married to procreate? How in the hell will a gay persons moral principles be violated by their own marriage. Are you Brian -G?

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#3836 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people don't have a baby before they get married. What we do know is that only 2 opposite sex people can procreate naturally. Same sex cannot.
In which state is it required that married people reproduce????

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#3837 Feb 6, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
THEY'RE BUSINESS OWNERS and as such DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO DISCRIMINATE if there are laws against DISCRIMINATION that include sexual orientation!!!
Exactly! Those business owners should be sued.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#3838 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
They and people like you made the same noises when a little luncheonette was forced to accept black patrons.

You're the ones who are wrong. Again.
LowellGuy

United States

#3839 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
90 year old women can't procreate, either. Should they be allowed to marry?

Women who have had radical hysterectomies can't procreate, either. Should they be allowed to marry?

Men who have lost their testicles to cancer can't procreate, either. Should they be allowed to marry?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 29 min Just Think 1,912
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 1 hr EdmondWA 30,883
News Indiana lawmakers send religious objection bill... 2 hr Xstain Fatwass Ce... 103
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 2 hr Xstain Fatwass Ce... 1,691
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Brian_G 51,876
News How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... 4 hr Maravilla 920
News Mississippi pastor trots out horse in wedding d... 5 hr Torres 101
More from around the web