Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments
3,161 - 3,180 of 16,105 Comments Last updated Aug 28, 2013

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeff: "Marriage has everything to do with gender."
No it doesn't! Human sexual REPRODUCTION has everything to do with gender.
Jeff: "Without it (marriage), we could not produce the next generation."
Marriage plays no part whatsoever in the human capacity to sexually reproduce. The next generation will be produced with or without marriage.
In fact, supply far exceeds demand! 1/4 of the world's next generation of humanity is aborted yearly.
Jeff: "Traditional marriage is the best place to raise a family."
Traditional marriage, simply by virtue of being a union of opposite sexes, is the only form of marriage in which procreation can be expected to occur.
However, producing children is no guarantee of their well-being in a loving environment.
Would you deny a child a loving home and nurturing, rather than let committed persons of the homosexual persuasion adopt and care for them?
Hi Janeebee - Maybe homosexuality is "nature's birth control". God decides who gets born and with what sexual orientation they are born with, don't you think? A lot of people here would never believe that, though, because they don't WANT to.

Since: Dec 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Janeebee - Maybe homosexuality is "nature's birth control". God decides who gets born and with what sexual orientation they are born with, don't you think? A lot of people here would never believe that, though, because they don't WANT to.
Greetings Sherlayne.
I think our lives, and the circumstances we're born into and encounter in life are custom-fitted to us, so to speak, and they've either been pre-ordained to benefit us individually, or they will ultimately be made to.
Are you new here? I don't recall seeing you posting in the Christian Forum before.
Welcome!
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you let those evil gays come in and the next thing you know, they'll be loving the Lord, caring for their fellow man, and worshipping in YOUR church, and there won't be a darn thing you can do to stop them!
We need to stop the gays from praising Jesus in our churches! Our very lives may be at stake!
Imagine a world where all folks, black and white, Tall and short, Asian and Mexican, gay and straight, pray together!
Oh, the horror!
gay people are christian in name only but not in their deeds

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus uses them as the basis for marriage in Matthew 19.
But, they were never married. Which part don't you understand?
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? "MANY reasons"?
Because everybody here against same-sex marriage has ONLY ONE reason- they believe homosexuality is wrong.
What reasons do you know of other than that ?
read the Bible Lev.18:22

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the most recent studies to come out showed there are significant problems when raised by same sex couples. It was challenged and it shown to be a sound scientific study. Unlike so many of the pro studies.
The same one that, in the article you cited, the study is criticized for drawing conclusions based on data that don't isolate any particular variables? THAT study? The one with flawed methodology and, therefore, flawed conclusions? THAT study? Ignoring the problems with the study doesn't make them go away. At best, it gives the scientific community reason to isolate variables and study them, but that's a best case scenario. But, don't let things like facts get in your way. You haven't thus far.

Why should people who will not or cannot procreate be allowed to marry?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many reasons to be against same sex marriage.
How many are legally valid? Zero? Aw, bummer. As soon as you find a legally valid reason, you let us know. Okay, champ?

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

doug wrote:
<quoted text> read the Bible Lev.18:22
cram it clownie.. right up where the sun dont shine in ya!

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Coltraine wrote:
You know what I'm tire of? I'm tired of liberal LGBTs who cry loud for equality and tolerance and who constantly decry the intolerance of others and yet, YET, are utterly and wholly intolerant themselves of ANYONE who doesn't think being gay is the best thing since learning two walk on two legs. Oh, they want everyone else to be tolerant of their viewpoints and life choices, but if your views happen to be contrary to theirs then you're a hate spewing, inflammatory speech breathing, predjudiced SOB. If you can believe that homosexuality is good and natural, I have the right to believe the opposite. If you're religion says it's what will get you to heaven(it's not), then I have a right to believe in a religion that says you're going to burn in hell for eternity. If they can be for gay marriage, I can say that marriage should only be for a man and woman.
But that's not how the gays want it. They want anyone who says anything negative about homosexuality to be vilified and ostracized in the media and community. They don't want equal rights, they want special rights. They want to completely shut up the Christian right. Screw that. If they can have their beliefs and not be hate spewers for mocking my God, I can say their actions goes against God and nature without spewing hate.
Who's trying to take your rights away? You're free to dislike homosexuality all you want, and you're free to say so. That doesn't mean you're free to deprive homosexuals of rights because of your dislike of homosexuality. And, as soon as you come up with a legally valid reason for prohibiting same-sex couples from marrying ("God doesn't like it" isn't legally valid), you'll be the first. Good luck.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Coltraine wrote:
You know what I'm tire of?
You!

no one currs.
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything you just posted is totally wrong. You shiteaters always think your perversion is ok and natural. It's not.
may i point out to it is deft.not natural just imagine the stinky smell, not illegal depending on your laws,non christian Gov. it is definitely perverted and it is completely wrong from the Bible's point of view.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

doug wrote:
bunk.
get lost.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lolol...yeah oh yeah...you just make sure you believe every single word Dana states is solid gold...you'll do much better than you're doing now! lolol.......
You're the one that posted that you got excommunicated from the Mormon church after only 3 months. Are you lying now, or were you lying then?

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
See, here we are right back to your lies. The Mormon church as a whole in 1857 didn't massacre anyone. So every time you claim that church massacred that wagon train, you set yourself as a liar. That is the equivalent of saying all America attacked Iraq. That is the equivalent of saying all America dropped two atomic bombs on Japan. That's like saying all indigenous natives from north, central and south America were responsible for Custer's massacre.
You generalize way to much and for effect and that leads you to make lies.
In 1857 a small handful of Mormon elders from the Cedar City, they decided (for whatever reasoning they thought justified)to wipe out a wagon train of men, women and children. Some claim their prophet Young sent orders for the massacre to happen days before hand.
But we also know that a couple days before the massacre happened, a Mormon elder rode to Salt Lake City to tell Young about the massacre. The rider was from Cedar City. As a Mormon Elder from Cedar city, according to you as the whole church was in on it, this elder should have known about the massacre days in advance as you claim the entire church knew days in advance of the massacre and that Young planned it. So how did this elder think riding to SL would do anything if the person he was riding to commanded the massacre and he knew that?
So any way this rider rides all day and night to SL and tells Young elders in Cedar City are going to massacre a wagon train. So instead of keeping the elder in SL to detain him from interrupting his massacre plans, what does Young do? He sends a writ with the fed rider on fresh horse with a message to tell the Cedar City elders NOT TO PLAN OR CARRY OUT ANY SUCH MASSACRE BUT TO LET THE WAGON TRAIN PASS THROUGH UNMOLESTED.
But the rider doesn't get back in time and arrives just after the massacre. So let's pretend the rider get's back in time and gave the message to the area president. Now ain't he confused! First Young (according to your bent logic) tells the whole Mormon church their going to massacre men, women and children in a wagon train. According to your logic the whole Mormon church thinks this is a great thing to do. They have Mormons coming from England and Germany and who knows where else to partake in this massacre.
But suddenly a rider shows up and a message tells them all Young decided not to go through with the massacre and everyone was to go home.
See, that's some information you're unwilling to deal with. And at your age, I would think you'd be more interested in ALL relevant information instead of just the information you want to justify your position by.
Get this through your thick skull. Living Mormons committed no massacre in 1857. The Mormon church in 1857 didn't participate in a massacre. Mormons today have nothing to apologize for nor to seek forgiveness for.
You're an irrational idiot to think someone today needs to atone for some one else's sins and or wrongs that happened in 1857.
Again, you refuse to see cause and effect in attempt to protect that sick faith. This happened during the Mormon Reformation. A time they were teaching blood atonement and revenge for the death of Joseph Smith. It was also soon after the death of Parley P. Pratt who was killed in Arkansas. Many on that wagon train were from Arkansas, and rumors were flying around that they were involved in his death. The church also gave strict orders that the members wee not to sell the party any desperately needed supplies. One member was almost beaten to death for selling them a sack of potatoes.

What happened, happened as a result of the teachings of the church leaders. That makes the church responsible.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's trying to take your rights away? You're free to dislike homosexuality all you want, and you're free to say so. That doesn't mean you're free to deprive homosexuals of rights because of your dislike of homosexuality. And, as soon as you come up with a legally valid reason for prohibiting same-sex couples from marrying ("God doesn't like it" isn't legally valid), you'll be the first. Good luck.
Homosexuals are not being deprived any rights. Are you for prohibiting the rights of brothers and sisters to marry? Groups to marry?
Jeff

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Which studies are those?
Links, please.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/...

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuals are not being deprived any rights. Are you for prohibiting the rights of brothers and sisters to marry? Groups to marry?
Please stop being silly.
Next you will mention being able to marry your dog.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the most recent studies to come out showed there are significant problems when raised by same sex couples. It was challenged and it shown to be a sound scientific study. Unlike so many of the pro studies.
Ummmm
Can you say 'social studies'(not science)
Your fundamentalist reputation cripples the scope of your jurisdiction without a link to an applicable Justice Department endorsement

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
Hon, we already knew that you were a poorly informed idiot, there was no need to tell us what you have learned that has made you so flocking stupid. The Regnerus study of "lesbian mothers" and "gay fathers" that the author himself readily admits might not actually be lesbian or gay. When you learn to be a moron, you go for the gold, don't ya, sweetie?
Jeff

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? "MANY reasons"?
Because everybody here against same-sex marriage has ONLY ONE reason- they believe homosexuality is wrong.
What reasons do you know of other than that ?
Homosexual couples do not reproduce, incapable of modeling balanced parenting to children, children do better in the traditional family than any other kind of family, it would encourage homosexual behavior (which is unhealthy), it would equate same sex marriage as equal to traditional marriage, forces people to accept something that violates their moral convictions.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Wedding Forum right now

Search the Wedding Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Comment: Let's allow Christians to have their v... 9 min Quadratus 1,026
The Coming Christian Revolt 9 min passing by 186
Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of Gay Marriage 11 min eJohn 2,579
Stalker case leads to lawsuit against St. Bruno... (Feb '13) 25 min Bud White 1,268
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 27 min truth 48,938
French Mayor Raymond Bardet who opposes same-se... 31 min eJohn 9
CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple We... (Dec '13) 49 min Frankie Rizzo 16,142
•••
•••