Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16098 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#3635 Feb 5, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the Scripture is the only place we know where God speaks about marriage where did He say anything about same sex marriage? Book, chapter and verse please.
I reject your premise.

Further, if I didn't reject your premise, where did He say anything about snowmobiles? Book, chapter and verse please.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#3636 Feb 5, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think God meant for same sex marriage? What divine mandate do you have that tells us He meant for same sex marriage?
That in no way addressed this post:

"You conveniently ignore the bazillion times it doesn't happen that way - including by death during childbirth, death during war, death in a car accident, death by disease, etc. etc.
Obviously God meant for those things to happen, so obviously not every child was meant to grow up with two opposite sex parents."
Patrick

United States

#3637 Feb 5, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen!!!! Every child deserves to have a father and a mother growing up. This is God's way, this is how the family unit is set up.
Ok, you tell your child that when he turns out to be gay and committe suicide over your religious ignorance and what this boils down is that it's no one business what others do in their life but you mormons can't seem to understand that because you are you brainwashed. Do the world a favor and mind your own business and if you can't the just shut the he up, the world is getting sick and fed up with your ignorance. It's sad that you are so religious and you don't even know the true meaning of the word love. I sit and laugh at your ignorance.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3638 Feb 5, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
No, this wasn't up for debate. Massachusetts has one of the lowest divorce rates in the country, if not the lowest.
Educate yourself, dummy.
There is no reason to think that same sex marriage will have a positive impact on traditional marriage or the family.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#3639 Feb 5, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as same sex "marriage". The Holy Bible is crystal clear that marriage is between a MAN and a WOMAN. This is how God created it to be.
The divorce rate is so high because so many of the so-called modern "Christian" churches and pastors care more about money than what's right and wrong. They are afraid to stand up for God's Holy Word because it might make someone mad (boo hoo hoo) so they water down the gospel. So the "Christian" church copies and follows the ways of the world.......
Christians are to be separate from the world!!!!!
There is NO SUCH THING AS "GAY" OR "SAME-SEX" marriage......THERE IS HOWEVER MARRIAGE THAT INVOLVES SAME-SEX COUPLES!!!

Fort Lauderdale FL

#3640 Feb 5, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as same sex "marriage". The Holy Bible is crystal clear that marriage is between a MAN and a WOMAN. This is how God created it to be.
The divorce rate is so high because so many of the so-called modern "Christian" churches and pastors care more about money than what's right and wrong. They are afraid to stand up for God's Holy Word because it might make someone mad (boo hoo hoo) so they water down the gospel. So the "Christian" church copies and follows the ways of the world.......
Christians are to be separate from the world!!!!!(2 Corinthians 6:17)
Since I am in a same sex marriage, that's nonsense.

Since there is no such thing as "the" holy bible, that's nonsense.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#3641 Feb 5, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe 100% in the Word of God. What else should I believe........the idiotic lies from Satanic???? No thanks, I'll stick with the inspired, inerrant, infallible Word of the living God. I think the Creator knows more than the creation, lol.
It's OK, honey. That's all you're capable of.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#3642 Feb 5, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the past 1000 years has it ever been between two same sex people?
Why be stupid? try educating your ignorant self.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_same-...

Fort Lauderdale FL

#3643 Feb 5, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
What difference does that make? How many times are you going to use that weak example when it's already been shredded by asking the same thing about other things like women voting, etc?

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#3644 Feb 5, 2013
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, you tell your child that when he turns out to be gay and committe suicide over your religious ignorance and what this boils down is that it's no one business what others do in their life but you mormons can't seem to understand that because you are you brainwashed. Do the world a favor and mind your own business and if you can't the just shut the he up, the world is getting sick and fed up with your ignorance. It's sad that you are so religious and you don't even know the true meaning of the word love. I sit and laugh at your ignorance.
as do I! hysterically!

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#3645 Feb 5, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no reason to think that same sex marriage will have a positive impact on traditional marriage or the family.
LMAO.. there is NO impact at all, is there cupcake?

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#3646 Feb 5, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
You're always making comments about things of which you know nothing.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3647 Feb 5, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
What difference does that make? How many times are you going to use that weak example when it's already been shredded by asking the same thing about other things like women voting, etc?
What it shows is how bizarre same sex marriage is. It was never thought of until a few years ago.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#3648 Feb 5, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> I find it ironic that on this particular thread, I am the Mormon supporting the gay community while your so called "christians" of other faiths are doing nothing but telling the gay community they will go to hell. Yet, You still are ragging on mormons. Face it nomo, you have a bone to pick with mormons and no one else. Sad!!!
After Hawaii and California, we ALL have a bone to pick with mormons.

Do you have any idea how many of us emptied our life savings, took out mortgages, etc. to fight what your church did?
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3649 Feb 5, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
I reject your premise.
Further, if I didn't reject your premise, where did He say anything about snowmobiles? Book, chapter and verse please.
Reject on what basis? If God approves of same sex marriage then you should have some proof of it. The fact is, you don't and you know it.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3650 Feb 5, 2013
tickedoffchic wrote:
<quoted text>
You're always making comments about things of which you know nothing.
Where did it say anything about same sex marriage? Where do we see acceptance of it by a society?

Ticked, looks like you are out of your league again.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#3651 Feb 5, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
What it shows is how bizarre same sex marriage is. It was never thought of until a few years ago.
why keep making an ass out of yourself? read above! actually just try READING, period!

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#3652 Feb 5, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
google it!

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#3653 Feb 5, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
God is patient and doesn't want any of us to perish......in fact, us Christians were at one time just like you unbelievers before we got saved. I mocked and hated Christians (the real ones that shared the gospel) before I got saved.
"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9
Sweet tap dancing christ on a cracker, your out to feed all of us your Kool-Aid. No thanks buddy, I was a Christian long ago. I no longer believe in your sky pixie

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#3654 Feb 5, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did it say anything about same sex marriage? Where do we see acceptance of it by a society?
Ticked, looks like you are out of your league again.
Did you open her link??? NO, had you then your sillyazz post would not be here

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 5 hr hardscrabble 5,939
News 'He did it to himself': Anthony Weiner faces pr... 22 hr overlord 1
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) Sun Truth to Power 31,987
News Church 'rejoices' after decision to offer same-... May 20 Grief Counselor 1
News Local Brides Say Photographer Owes Them Wedding... (Aug '08) May 19 Meethead 619
News Judge won't hear gay adoptions because it's not... May 19 Christian Taliban 31
News Thanks to Trumpa s vague order, LGBT activists ... May 18 The Stealth 2
More from around the web