Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16102 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#3592 Feb 5, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Why get married if you can't procreate?
To make a mockery out of REAL God ordained marriage......which is only between a MAN and a WOMAN!

It's bad enough the divorce rate is so extremely high. Now add same sex "marriage" to the equation and God help us all!!!! What happened to 1 man and 1 woman until death do them part?

“HAVE A HAPPY 4TH OF JULY”

Since: Aug 08

WEEKEND:-)

#3593 Feb 5, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
The unbeliever trolls can't win a debate so they go cry to their "friends in high places"........talk about pathetic!!!!!!!
Really, that's what happened? or is that what you want to believe happened?

Frankly, you side with those who believe as you do ignoring the bad behavior that they dish out.....including yours!!!

#3594 Feb 5, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
To make a mockery out of REAL God ordained marriage......which is only between a MAN and a WOMAN!
It's bad enough the divorce rate is so extremely high. Now add same sex "marriage" to the equation and God help us all!!!! What happened to 1 man and 1 woman until death do them part?
Why don't you do something to prevent divorce then?

My marriage is not making a mockery out of the institution of marriage......straights have done that for years!!!!

Oh and good Christian folks HAVE DONE AN EVEN BETTER job of making a mockery of it......lol!!!

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#3595 Feb 5, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just pointing out another flaw in same sex marriage. Its built into the system that a child will always lack either a mom or a dad. This is not a good thing for a child. Agreed?
Well then that's a flaw in the human race, since it is built into the system that some moms and dads leave or get cancer or beat their kids. So take that up with God.

The government doesn't guarantee kids will have 2 opposite sex parents. Neither does God. So, by design, a certain number of kids will always grow up without 2 opposite sex parents. Sometimes that is by peoples' choice. Sometimes it is by unforseen circumstances.

And no, I don't agree with your last statement. Depending on the circumstances, it can either be a challenge or a bonus for a particular child.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#3596 Feb 5, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
The unbeliever trolls can't win a debate so they go cry to their "friends in high places"........talk about pathetic!!!!!!!
I call bullshiet. You fundies cant debate your way out of a wet paper bag

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#3597 Feb 5, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF, a bible based marriage is between a man and as many wives as he can collect, afford, be given and or steal.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#3598 Feb 5, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Strengthen the traditional family. When we have strong families children usually turn out well.
And do you think that's a solid plan that will work right away or ever?

All you are doing is generalizing. "Strengthening the traditional family" will not eliminate those cases.

And in strong gay families, children also usually turn out well.

Likewise, there are huge numbers of kids from traditional families who turn out horribly.

It's the personalities that matter more than anything else, including gender.

A single mom who is attentive and loving is better than two parents of any gender on drugs.

sometimes it's just too much work to answer you. It's like explaining things to a 5 year old.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#3599 Feb 5, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Why get married if you can't procreate?
Didn't you already answer that question when asked why senior citizens would marry? Or was that another dummy?

Many people who can't or don't want to procreate get married. Who are you to question them?

I don't intend to have children, yet I still wanted to get married - partly because that's just how I was raised and what society does, partly because I wanted to make it "official" before God and our families to let everyone know that we have committed together for life, we are now part of each others' families, and we are each off the market forever. And also for the practical things that go along with that such as property rights, potential children (who's to say my brother won't get killed in a car accident, God forbid, and I won't end up raising his kids?)

But bottom line - none of your business. You may not see any value in marriage without children, but many do, and so does the government.

Again, you're exhausting because you make me discuss such inane things.

#3600 Feb 5, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you do something to prevent divorce then?
My marriage is not making a mockery out of the institution of marriage......straights have done that for years!!!!
Oh and good Christian folks HAVE DONE AN EVEN BETTER job of making a mockery of it......lol!!!
You don't have a marriage in the eyes of God. Marriage is only between a man and a woman.

Yes, many so-called "Christians" have made an absolute mockery out of marriage. The church is supposed to be setting the example for the world, instead many so-called "Christians" are following the world. Christians are supposed to be the light of this world......

Fort Lauderdale FL

#3601 Feb 5, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I reference her in any way when I posted that link? Did i address her in any way when i posted it? Why does she take criticisms of her leaders personally? How is showing another of the lizard's latest tactics a personal reflection on her? I find it awfully odd that any criticism of her cult somehow becomes a personal attack on her. She made that leap, perhaps u can explain it.
We'll have to wait to hear from her, but if you posted everything the Pope said and directed it at me for comment, I would be annoyed with you.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#3602 Feb 5, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen!!!! Every child deserves to have a father and a mother growing up. This is God's way, this is how the family unit is set up.
You conveniently ignore the bazillion times it doesn't happen that way - including by death during childbirth, death during war, death in a car accident, death by disease, etc. etc.

Obviously God meant for those things to happen, so obviously not every child was meant to grow up with two opposite sex parents.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#3603 Feb 5, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Add same sex marriage to the equation and the divorce rate goes down, stupid.

#3604 Feb 5, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>I call bullshiet. You fundies cant debate your way out of a wet paper bag
You unbelievers just lie about everything.........go read John 8:44 for the best definition that explains why.

The Word of God is the absolute authority for everything us REAL Christians believe and stand for.......

Thus you Topix unbelievers can't win debates so you gang up on people and try to troll them to leave........and when that doesn't work you cry to your "friends in high places" for help.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#3605 Feb 5, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have a marriage in the eyes of God. Marriage is only between a man and a woman.
Yes, many so-called "Christians" have made an absolute mockery out of marriage. The church is supposed to be setting the example for the world, instead many so-called "Christians" are following the world. Christians are supposed to be the light of this world......
Fortunately for us, you don't get to decide that.

We do have a marriage in the eyes of God, and no little troll babbling on a message board can dispute that.

#3606 Feb 5, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
There ya go again trying to be GOD or speak FOR God, either way you are clueless as to whether or not God has blessed this marriage......and I do recall the Minister blessing our union under God!!!

The Church DOESN'T control or regulate marriage.....the State does!!!

Well, folks who believe like you aren't doing a very good job at it.......so, maybe you should work on your issues and leave the rest to God!!!
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3607 Feb 5, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you already answer that question when asked why senior citizens would marry? Or was that another dummy?
Many people who can't or don't want to procreate get married. Who are you to question them?
I don't intend to have children, yet I still wanted to get married - partly because that's just how I was raised and what society does, partly because I wanted to make it "official" before God and our families to let everyone know that we have committed together for life, we are now part of each others' families, and we are each off the market forever. And also for the practical things that go along with that such as property rights, potential children (who's to say my brother won't get killed in a car accident, God forbid, and I won't end up raising his kids?)
But bottom line - none of your business. You may not see any value in marriage without children, but many do, and so does the government.
Again, you're exhausting because you make me discuss such inane things.
Lowell is the one who asked the inane question. Don't blame me for your headaches.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3608 Feb 5, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Add same sex marriage to the equation and the divorce rate goes down, stupid.
Nonsense. It just adds the problem.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#3609 Feb 5, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>We'll have to wait to hear from her, but if you posted everything the Pope said and directed it at me for comment, I would be annoyed with you.
If I posted everything the pope said and directed it at u, u should be annoyed. But that isn't what happened. She wasn't even mentioned.
I would Imagine if a post is made about something the pope does that u disagree with, it would prompt u to either make the statement that u don't agree or stay out of the debate, not attack the person making the criticism.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3610 Feb 5, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Fortunately for us, you don't get to decide that.
We do have a marriage in the eyes of God, and no little troll babbling on a message board can dispute that.
Since the Scripture is the only place we know where God speaks about marriage where did He say anything about same sex marriage? Book, chapter and verse please.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#3611 Feb 5, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
You unbelievers just lie about everything.........go read John 8:44 for the best definition that explains why.
The Word of God is the absolute authority for everything us REAL Christians believe and stand for.......
Thus you Topix unbelievers can't win debates so you gang up on people and try to troll them to leave........and when that doesn't work you cry to your "friends in high places" for help.
Oh puh-leez. You think quoting a book of myths allows you to win a debate? LMFAO@you It makes you look simple minded and stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Montana reality show star plans lawsuit to forc... 6 min NorCal Native 2
News 'You can't have marriage equality without polyg... 8 min Phyllis Schlafly ... 58
News Signs provoke talk about First Amendment 17 min Donald Trump 3
News Religious liberty is rallying cry after gay mar... 22 min kuda 143
News Clerk to quit, cites 'moral conviction' 41 min Phyllis Schlafly ... 22
News Conservative Republicans question what's next a... 50 min Cat74 150
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 59 min Rose_NoHo 3,307
More from around the web