Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments
2,961 - 2,980 of 16,105 Comments Last updated Aug 28, 2013

“Howdy How”

Since: Jan 09

Hayward, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

MrsMurphy wrote:
<quoted text>Report her dear. She has no right calling you a whore. We all know it is Penny due to the attacks only on certain people and her extreme jealousy of you.... She is still sexually unfullfilled due to the barn incident.. Once she comes to terms that she is in fact a lesbian she might be happy.
You know I was always taught that when you call someone names it must be because you are on. So now we all know something else about her that she didn't want left known. I know she has been jealousy of me for what reason we may never know. Although it might be because I am married and she is not!

“Howdy How”

Hayward, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Hides in closet
Do we have a flashlight in here? Something just bumped me!

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO.. she's SO obvious!
Obviously deleted/banned. I think it's gone.
MrsMurphy

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

I am Servant wrote:
<quoted text>
You know I was always taught that when you call someone names it must be because you are on. So now we all know something else about her that she didn't want left known. I know she has been jealousy of me for what reason we may never know. Although it might be because I am married and she is not!

You are also an attractive personable decent god fearing woman.. she is a short fat ugly inside and out troll. with no idea how to be a christian.

“Howdy How”

Hayward, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

victoria1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously deleted/banned. I think it's gone.
WOW what just happened?

“Howdy How”

Hayward, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

MrsMurphy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are also an attractive personable decent god fearing woman.. she is a short fat ugly inside and out troll. with no idea how to be a christian.
Thanks!

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

I am Servant wrote:
<quoted text>
Do we have a flashlight in here? Something just bumped me!
Don't mind me I am just happy to see ya. Want some candy?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>NoMo.. give her a break.. she did NOT write the brief nor did she have any power to do anything about it. Please do not attack those within these denominations that are actually supportive and trying what they CAN do to change minds and or influences..
I think you owe her an apology.. Now if you want to attack rabid Mormons (like their elders), I'm right there with ya. Just like I would for ANY religion and their rabid hateful BS beliefs.
Did I reference her in any way when I posted that link? Did i address her in any way when i posted it? Why does she take criticisms of her leaders personally? How is showing another of the lizard's latest tactics a personal reflection on her? I find it awfully odd that any criticism of her cult somehow becomes a personal attack on her. She made that leap, perhaps u can explain it.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
<quoted text>
First off let me correct you. It was Paul that condemned homosexuality, not GOD! You assume that Paul spoke for GOD but since Paul contradicts the historical Jesus on most things you will have to choose who speaks for GOD and who does not. GOD is not a god of confusion!
The historical Jesus only used the Hebrew Scriptures. The Greek Scriptures were not even written til generations after Jesus died.
Saul of Tarsus claimed to have had a vision, changed his name to Paul and than went about rearranging Christianity to better suit the Romans as the political tool it was being formed into.
Most of the Greek Scriptures were written to back up Paul's patriarchal hierarchical version of Christianity which conflicted with the Christianity of the historical Jesus whom Paul had never met.
If you really want to understand historical Christianity you have to start at the beginning and go from there.
Jesus was born a Jew. Most people will not take issue with this although some will. Growing up as a Jew he worshiped the OMNIPRESENT GOD of Israel.
Being a Jew he also lived according to the customs of his people. If homosexuality were an important issue he would have addressed it and it would have been from the Hebrew Scriptures that he would have done so.
When we examine the writings of Paul and other later Roman Christians, we find that often Greek scriptures will reference the Hebrew Scriptures in an attempt to give the new Roman Christian religion a history by falsely linking it with Judaism but will use the scriptures inappropriately to affirm their preconceived notions of how things should be using the misunderstood Hebrew scripture to back them up. One area that is causing much confusion today is homosexuality.
But the only negative reference that Roman Christians can find in the Hebrew Scriptures to prove the validity of the Greek Scriptures condemning homosexuality are not about homosexuality at all but are about military rape, temple prostitutes, and pagan orgies and of course the distorted interpretation of the story of Sodom and Gomorrah.
However, there are two positive accounts of homosexuality in the Hebrew Scriptures that homophobic Roman Christians refuse to accept for what they are that are wonderful teaching stories about true LOVE. They should be inspiring to all of us but are denied by those who cling to the pagan Roman version of Christianity.
These are the stories of David and Jonathan, and Ruth and Naomi. Both of these couples had romantic LOVE for each other. It doesn't matter if they had sex or how they did it. The important part of the lesson here is that LOVE manifests in many different ways.
Both of these detailed accounts of same sex LOVE are there for a reason.
(to be continued in next post)
Excellent!!!

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Dang looks like some posts done got removed. OH well the thread smells better

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought that was apocryphal.
PM me a link. I'd like to be sound about that.
well, it was years ago that I read the article but here is some information in Scientific American about male lactation:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm...

I hope this helps! You could probably find the article if you tried different keywords on various search engines, if the article has been scanned and posted by anyone.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
is one parent greater, or less than, zero parents you idiot...
But then the State is depriving them of a parent.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

I am Servant wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW what just happened?
The mods caught on that it was her using a newly created account and banned it.

Can't hide MAC (or IP if static) addresses from them easily.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Jazybird58 wrote:
Dang looks like some posts done got removed. OH well the thread smells better
Okay, what happened?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the manicheist and zoroastrian heresies, and fallacious argumentation.
Well I stated my previous post "for those that believe in a heaven...".
Even those believing in reincarnation view certain lives as heavenly and other lives as a living hell.
If one believes in only a God of goodness and only in a heaven of goodness and no opposites, they're left to explain why that God instead of creating a world that only knew goodness, created a world with chaos and polar opposites of good and bad. Bit of a contradiction there.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually No surprise is a gay man in denial. Tried living the straight life, is now divorced, and still thinks he can be straight if he prays hard enough and just puts his mind to it. He was LDS(Mormon) for a short time, but was kicked out after only 3 months. But still believes in it 100%. As a member he turned in another LDS youth for being gay. He thinks he did him a favor. He also thinks that groups that give love and support are the real reason LDS teens commit suicide, not the bullies and the parents that treat them like they are freaks. He thinks 14 yr old boys don't know enough about their sexuality at that age to be really gay, but a 14 yr old girl is mature enough to know she is ready marry a 30 yr old something plus man.
He is totally messed up.
lololol.....fricking absolutely funny! And once again you have proved you enjoy being such a pathetic liar. And you claim to be a Christian? And you claim to work at a soup kitchen for the hungry while being such a liar? What are you really doing? And you're married and are gay? And your parents treated you like *hit so you feel you have to treat everyone else like *hit? And you claim to have been a proud upstanding faithful member of the Mormon church till they found out you were having sex with dudes? Who's lying now? Who can twist truths now? lol.....fricking pathetic liar. You're not even good at it. Why don't you retell the story of how your family disowned you hmm? Why don't you tell the thread how you have said you despise and hate and loath your family from kids to grandparents because they didn't like the fact you destroyed your marriage and tossed your kids to the curb for a guy? We're listening :)

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, what happened?
The unbeliever trolls can't win a debate so they go cry to their "friends in high places"........talk about pathetic!!!!!!!

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
<quoted text>
A true Christian would not spend all of their time judging others in defiance of scripture while ignoring the two most important commandments in both the Hebrew and the Greek scriptures that are all about the all encompassing LOVE that is GOD:
But you do this all the time that you claim a true Christian wouldn't do... "A true Christian would not spend all of their time judging others in defiance of scripture.." ...You do this same judgement of RCC, JW, Mormnons, etc using scriptures in many forums. Now you claim you don't?
straight shooter

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>But then the State is depriving them of a parent.
when they start with none?
you really are dumb...

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Strengthen the traditional family. When we have strong families children usually turn out well.
Amen!!!! Every child deserves to have a father and a mother growing up. This is God's way, this is how the family unit is set up.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••