Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16101 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#3395 Feb 4, 2013
I am Servant wrote:
<quoted text>
Some had a male and a female raise them look how they turned out.
No shiet.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

#3396 Feb 4, 2013
Born_Again_Christian wrote:
I am Servant
You are the one lying and it can be proven you are. How could Native stalk you when she is over 1600 miles away in another state? Do you need me to contact the police and let them verify this and then get you for making false reports? It is you that is lying. Who is Martin?
Trouble for everyone? How about you post this Martin person and let us get a hold of them and verify your story?
<quoted text>
lol, Penny for your thoughts?

“Maiden of Mayhem”

OMFUG

#3397 Feb 4, 2013
Can anyone say DEAD GIVEAWAY?

“Howdy How”

Since: Jan 09

Hayward, CA

#3398 Feb 4, 2013
I am Servant,
Lies from you. I am not Native and I know nothing of her getting banned. You may want to shut your mouth before you are made a fool of.
Give proof Native is stalking you or stop your lies against her. Native has been out of state now explain how she is stalking you? Do you mean physically stalking you? Cause I know for a fact you are lying.
<quoted text>
Really tell me more lies. Being banned even using an unregistered nic. So you admit that you are stalking me. Lizzie don't like it. You say you are a "Christian" but your words speak louder. You wouldn't be speaking like you are if you were a true Christian.
By the way ..........I'll let it at that.

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire Jack frost nipping at the noise.........

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#3399 Feb 4, 2013
victoria1 wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, Penny for your thoughts?
Its been a Long day, I have to let my dog, Sue outside.

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#3400 Feb 4, 2013
Jazybird,
How can I be Native when Native is not even around right now? Do not make a idiot out of yourself.
<quoted text>
OK, what ever you say.

“Howdy How”

Hayward, CA

#3402 Feb 4, 2013
I am Servant
You are the one lying and it can be proven you are. How could Native stalk you when she is over 1600 miles away in another state? Do you need me to contact the police and let them verify this and then get you for making false reports? It is you that is lying. Who is Martin?
Trouble for everyone? How about you post this Martin person and let us get a hold of them and verify your story?
<quoted text>
You ALMOST had me thinking we all might be wrong, but as soon as you said about the police YOU BLEW IT!!! LOL You should not have said that. NOW I know IT IS YOU!!!

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#3403 Feb 4, 2013
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Which part of the bible should one learn from???
There's a twisted version of christian who claims the old testament is no longer relevant, which is silly because when you read any version of the bibles from cover to cover, there is no point where it says, "Henceforth do not follow everything you just read. Only follow what you read going forward. P.S. Ha ha, you just wasted all that time reading and following stuff you didn't have to follow - and I know you were following it because you didn't read this part til just now, telling you not to follow it!"

God is such a practical joker. LOL.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#3404 Feb 4, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Do children need a mom or can 2 dads make up for one mom?
They get whatever they get. That's life. Don't you ever watch Disney movies?

“Howdy How”

Hayward, CA

#3405 Feb 4, 2013
victoria1 wrote:
Can anyone say DEAD GIVEAWAY?
How about BUSTED big time!

“Howdy How”

Hayward, CA

#3406 Feb 4, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>OK, what ever you say.
The doctor said I needed to put some fun and laughter into my life. Guess what??? LOL

Fort Lauderdale FL

#3408 Feb 4, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the roles of the parents are related to their genders. A man could never be a mom nor a woman a father. Children are denied this in same sex "marriage".
Children are denied this in about half of all existing marriages, and in situations where parents never bother to marry as well. And in orphanages.

Yet, they manage to make it. And most of them aren't gay.

The roles of the parents are whatever they are. What exactly can a woman do that a man can't do when it comes to parenting a child?(Be sure to speak up for all the single dads out there.) P.S. don't even think of saying breast-feeding.

“Howdy How”

Hayward, CA

#3409 Feb 4, 2013
Victorial
Wrong not Penny nor Native, but I admit to knowing her. Now do you want to bring the proof of Native stalking this I am Servant person?
If not stay the hell out of the conversation.
<quoted text>
And you call yourself a Christian? Tell me where in the Bible does it say to CURSE at others. Show us the verse. By the way I welcome anyone into the conversation because you are posting on an open forum.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#3410 Feb 4, 2013
Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
People talk about the possibility of changing one's sexual orientation and some claim it has been done.
I think that what has actually happened in these cases had nothing to do with a changed sexual orientation but was based entirely on the fear of burning in an imaginary hell or being cursed to oblivion by one of the many forms of false Christianity.
That so-called converted person was converted alright. From a young innocent child who LOVED life to a lonely soul who clings to a desperate hope that their dreams will be forgiven as they fall asleep quivering in fear of damnation and pray for strength to face another day.
When I was a young man and ignorantly called myself a Christian, I watched a man be saved from homosexuality.
It seemed to work fine at first, all the brothers and sisters were so happy for him, but than he started drinking. The church than disfellowshipped him for his drinking. He than blew his brains out.
He was converted though, so they say.
And there are people on this board and elsewhere who will defiantly say that was the right thing to do, and they will accept no responsibility for it. And they actually call themselves christian.

“Howdy How”

Hayward, CA

#3412 Feb 4, 2013
I am Servant,
You are the one telling the lies. Now tell me Native is 1600 miles away how can she be stalking you? Please show the proof of your accusation of stalking. You do know filing a false police report can get you in a heap of trouble?
You say you are a Christian yet you stalk Native and use her mother's obituary photo. How is that any thing of what a Christian would do? Tell me I am servant how is that Christ like you hypocrite.
Ya, and if you were a true Christian you would not be sitting here lying on the thread telling people Native is stalking you cause you and I both know she is not. Now concerning this Martin person please do share who they are and how Native is causing problems for them?
One day you will lie about the wrong person. God help you!!
<quoted text>
You are still stalking and YES there is proof. I don't have to show you the proof because you know what you are doing. You haven't changed. Now go ahead contact the police because that in itself PROVES the stalking.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

OMFUG

#3413 Feb 4, 2013
Victorial
Wrong not Penny nor Native, but I admit to knowing her. Now do you want to bring the proof of Native stalking this I am Servant person?
If not stay the hell out of the conversation.
<quoted text>
No and no.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

OMFUG

#3415 Feb 4, 2013
And it begins again.

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#3416 Feb 4, 2013
John from Texas,
You either worship God or Satan. God is the father of the Christians. Satan is the father of all those who are not Christian.
<quoted text>
there is a third choice. The OMNIPRESENT GOD of Israel which is the GOD that the whole ministry of the historical Jesus is based on. This is the GOD that is unconditional LOVE.

The concept of Satan you thump at people with, Born_Again_Christian, is more in keeping with the false form of Christianity that appeared several generations after Jesus died when Christianity was then completely controlled by the Roman empire as the state mandated religion.

Historical Christianity was taught from the only scriptures that existed, the Hebrew Scriptures that the historical Jesus grew up with. The Satan in the Hebrew Scriptures is much different than the Greek myth based concept that you thump people with.

The GOD of the historical Jesus is ONE GOD.

From this GOD all manifestations occur.

In this GOD all of us have our being. Christian, Buddhist, Atheist it does not matter!

And Jesus never said anything about being Christian. He shared a simple path to the truth of our existence as individuals in GOD. All of us!

Jesus was just a simple messenger with a wonderful message to share. But the Roman version of Christianity has it's followers worshiping a totally false image of the messenger and totally ignoring the message!

Their weeping at the reenactment of the crucifixion is an abomination!

Anyway this is the third choice you neglected to mention here in Deuteronomy 6:4

"4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one."

Deuteronomy 6:4-30

King James Version (KJV)

"4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

6 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:

7 And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

8 And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes.

9 And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates."

This is the GOD that I worship. The GOD that the historical Jesus grew up worshiping. The third choice.

And I'm sure that there are many many other choices.

But what is, is. And we are all in this together.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

OMFUG

#3417 Feb 4, 2013
Today in school, my son's assignment in English class was to write a complaint letter to anyone of their choice.

My son chose the Westboro Baptist Church.

I know I raised him right.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3418 Feb 4, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Children are denied this in about half of all existing marriages, and in situations where parents never bother to marry as well. And in orphanages.
Yet, they manage to make it. And most of them aren't gay.
The roles of the parents are whatever they are. What exactly can a woman do that a man can't do when it comes to parenting a child?(Be sure to speak up for all the single dads out there.) P.S. don't even think of saying breast-feeding.
The difference is that in same sex marriage this is designed into it. The child will always be denied one of the parents.
This is why same sex marriages can never be on the same level as traditional marriage. It will always fall short for children.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Greens against gay marriage plebiscite The Gree... 6 min Rosa_Winkel 8
News Transgender Ken doll cake triggers outrage afte... 2 hr Dunk 25
News Gay Republican Iowa Senate Hopeful: I'm Not the... 4 hr Ted Haggard s Gos... 3
News Why Does the Church Wink at Divorce but Get So ... 9 hr Gremlin 10
News How Donald Trump is slowly teaching Republicans... Fri Lawrence Wolf 48
News Can a new chief rabbi change the Israeli Rabbin... (Apr '13) Fri indict robert mercer 18
News Pastors Rarely Asked to Wed Same-Sex Couples Fri Humpty Dumpty 76
More from around the web