Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16097 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3372 Feb 4, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Is there something about the concept of TWO DADS that escapes you?
Do children need a mom or can 2 dads make up for one mom?

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#3373 Feb 4, 2013
Born_Again_Christian wrote:
John from Texas,
You either worship God or Satan. God is the father of the Christians. Satan is the father of all those who are not Christian.
<quoted text>
Hello Native, still full of crap I see.Did You know that 2/3 Rds of the world does not believe you.

“Howdy How”

Since: Jan 09

Hayward, CA

#3374 Feb 4, 2013
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Which part of the bible should one learn from???
If some only know maybe they could tell you. Me I would say you can learn from the whole Bible. The Old Testament has alot of history in it. The New Testament has the way to live. Yes there are different ways of understanding the Bible, however there are points that can not be misunderstood.
One thing I know is the Bible is not to be a tool to beat someone over their head with, that is what a sledgehammer is for. LOL I recommend one with batting in it. LOL

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

#3375 Feb 4, 2013
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I am confused. Is buying or catching shrimp evil too?
Am I going to hell for eating shrimp? I am not a Jew or a Christian.
It's ok to eat shrimp if it's in Chinese food.

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#3376 Feb 4, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Do children need a mom or can 2 dads make up for one mom?
Can two moms raise a child? Can two men raise a child. I fail to see why they can not. A persons sex in no way dictates their ability to raise a child.

Love
Compassion
A sound home life
Education

Why cant to people of the same sex offer those things?

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#3377 Feb 4, 2013
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I am confused. Is buying or catching shrimp evil too?
Am I going to hell for eating shrimp? I am not a Jew or a Christian.
Pinch the tail, go to hell.

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#3378 Feb 4, 2013
According to the Bible, homosexuality and eating shrimp are both abominations.

Go figure

“Howdy How”

Hayward, CA

#3379 Feb 4, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Can two moms raise a child? Can two men raise a child. I fail to see why they can not. A persons sex in no way dictates their ability to raise a child.
Love
Compassion
A sound home life
Education
Some had a male and a female raise them look how they turned out.

“Howdy How”

Hayward, CA

#3380 Feb 4, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Pinch the tail, go to hell.
You are such a poet!
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3381 Feb 4, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Can two moms raise a child? Can two men raise a child. I fail to see why they can not. A persons sex in no way dictates their ability to raise a child.
Love
Compassion
A sound home life
Education
Because the roles of the parents are related to their genders. A man could never be a mom nor a woman a father. Children are denied this in same sex "marriage".

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#3384 Feb 4, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on how effective the homo-fascists can push their agenda through the courts.
You are still ignoring the point.

Regardless of when the courts remedy the problem, people who have previously voted against same sex marriage have since changed their minds.

Just acknowledge that and move on. Are you capable of ever admitting something is true when it is said by someone on the other side?

John from Texas

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

United States

#3385 Feb 4, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Pinch the tail, go to hell.
I am doomed and gloomed!

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#3386 Feb 4, 2013
People talk about the possibility of changing one's sexual orientation and some claim it has been done.

I think that what has actually happened in these cases had nothing to do with a changed sexual orientation but was based entirely on the fear of burning in an imaginary hell or being cursed to oblivion by one of the many forms of false Christianity.

That so-called converted person was converted alright. From a young innocent child who LOVED life to a lonely soul who clings to a desperate hope that their dreams will be forgiven as they fall asleep quivering in fear of damnation and pray for strength to face another day.

When I was a young man and ignorantly called myself a Christian, I watched a man be saved from homosexuality.

It seemed to work fine at first, all the brothers and sisters were so happy for him, but than he started drinking. The church than disfellowshipped him for his drinking. He than blew his brains out.

He was converted though, so they say.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#3387 Feb 4, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Stop repeating that lie. You can't prove a word of it, and no major medical, psychological or academic professional organization agrees with you.
Wait, I've got it! So...if a father leaves his boy, according to stupid people logic, the boy will be gay because he is "longing" for that lost parent.

So it would have to follow - if you want your boy to be straight, throw the mother out!

Then the boy will long for his mother and be straight. Presto! Works every time.

Even better: send your boy to be raised in a same-sex household by two men! He will be so desperate for a mother, he'll be an ultra-macho man-whore by the time he gets out of there!

ta-da!

“Howdy How”

Hayward, CA

#3388 Feb 4, 2013
Jazybird,
How can I be Native when Native is not even around right now? Do not make a idiot out of yourself.
<quoted text>
The nic was BANNED that is why you are using this born again nic.

Scotty I'm begging you BEAM us up!

“Howdy How”

Hayward, CA

#3389 Feb 4, 2013
I am Servant,
Wrong I am not Native, but I do know her and I will defend her from the sick idiots like yourself who likes to attack her with her mother's photo. You are one sick lady using a photo as an avatar of her deceased mother. Wrong, no one is stalking you paranoid freak.
You again lie Native has never stalked you. Native at this time is not even in the state. So you would be lying to say she is stalking you. It can be verified she is not local and has not been for months.
<quoted text>
OH but you lie! YES you stalked me and Lizzie didn't think it was funny either. So stop lying to yourself and everyone else.

I talked to Martin just today. Shame you want to be a trouble for everyone.

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#3391 Feb 4, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the roles of the parents are related to their genders. A man could never be a mom nor a woman a father. Children are denied this in same sex "marriage".
Huh where does it say in the bible that married people must have children???? Is there a law that I am missing?

John from Texas

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

United States

#3392 Feb 4, 2013
Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
People talk about the possibility of changing one's sexual orientation and some claim it has been done.
I think that what has actually happened in these cases had nothing to do with a changed sexual orientation but was based entirely on the fear of burning in an imaginary hell or being cursed to oblivion by one of the many forms of false Christianity.
That so-called converted person was converted alright. From a young innocent child who LOVED life to a lonely soul who clings to a desperate hope that their dreams will be forgiven as they fall asleep quivering in fear of damnation and pray for strength to face another day.
When I was a young man and ignorantly called myself a Christian, I watched a man be saved from homosexuality.
It seemed to work fine at first, all the brothers and sisters were so happy for him, but than he started drinking. The church than disfellowshipped him for his drinking. He than blew his brains out.
He was converted though, so they say.
Oh what tangled webs humans weave.
It's real sad.

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#3394 Feb 4, 2013
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
I am doomed and gloomed!
Could be, I suggest you have a nice beer and a shrimp cocktail, might just as well go out in style

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#3395 Feb 4, 2013
I am Servant wrote:
<quoted text>
Some had a male and a female raise them look how they turned out.
No shiet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 4 hr cpeter1313 8,405
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 9 hr huh 32,016
News ACT's first same sex newlyweds worry postal sur... 10 hr Carmine 1
News Space ship found in ice, Hillary's boozing, and... 19 hr Tex- 19
News UK's first lesbian interfaith wedding Fri Wholly Silicon Wafer 3
News Archbishop enters gay marriage debate Fri Wholly Silicon Wafer 2
News ACT Chief Minister Andrew Barr to actively camp... Aug 17 Wallace 3
More from around the web