Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,103

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Read more

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

Del Valle, TX

#3223 Feb 3, 2013
Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
<quoted text>ya his fatazz mother sat on his head and suficated him while reaching for bon bons
Now that's an explanation. Possible I guess.
Lililth, when you coming to Bastrop, Tx? I'll cook you a great meal and we could talk!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#3224 Feb 3, 2013
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
You trying to blow Jeff's mind?
I wonder the same thing. Sounds like a much more interesting and fun thing for the Creator to conjure up. I mean if I were the Creator, it would be way more interesting to see what happens out of the chaos.
Of course on all counts. Suppose the creator is an awesome force which cannot be explained or comprehended in our limited context. Far more interesting I'd say.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#3225 Feb 3, 2013
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
You trying to blow Jeff's mind?
I wonder the same thing. Sounds like a much more interesting and fun thing for the Creator to conjure up. I mean if I were the Creator, it would be way more interesting to see what happens out of the chaos.
Of course. Having all those pre-programmed kids flying around his head buzzing their ceaseless "holy, holy, holy" and "hozzzzzannazzz" would have been old almost as soon as they were baked. He sent them out to make things to get them out of his hair for a bit, but they made things like the dinosaurs. Vicious little beasts, angels.

http://bit.ly/VykICx

“It's all in your head”

Del Valle, TX

#3226 Feb 3, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course on all counts. Suppose the creator is an awesome force which cannot be explained or comprehended in our limited context. Far more interesting I'd say.
I agree! What all this is and from where it came and how it came to be is completely incomprehensible for the human brain. Any belief system is just a concept. I have ideas that make me feel comfortable but I also understand... well, I'm probably wrong.
Who knows, maybe I got it right.
I'll just have to wait and see or maybe I'll never know. It's just not something to worry to much about as it it impossible to understand. Best thing to do is be a good neighbor and hurt no one for my gain.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#3227 Feb 3, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
The fundies rewrote their own version of their 'bible' in 1946; and deleted the juicy sex part of Jonathan and David's marriage because they couldn't bring themselves to be honest enough to spread GOD's Holy Word without changing it
The Authorized King James Bible says Jonathan and David consummated their marriage 3 times in the desert that day; swapping their seed to seal the deal
Read it for yourself and compare it with your fake 'bible'. You'll see
Here is Jonathan and David's marriage found in the 1611 King James Bible:
++++++++++
1 Samuel 18 :1> And it came to passe when hee made an ende of speaking vnto Saul, that the soule of Ionathan was knit with the soule of Dauid, and Ionathan loued him as his owne soule.
1 Samuel 18:3> Then Ionathan and Dauid made a couenant, because he loued him as his owne soule.
1 Samuel 18:4> And Ionathan stript himselfe of the robe that was vpon him, and gaue it to Dauid, and his garments, euen to his sword, and to his bow, and to his girdle.
1 Samuel 20:41> And assoone as the ladde was gone, Dauid arose out of a place toward the South, and fell on his face to the ground, and bowed himselfe three times: and they kissed one another, and wept one with another, vntill Dauid exceeded.
1 Samuel 20:42> And Ionathan said to Dauid, Goe in peace, forasmuch as wee haue sworne both of vs in the Name of the Lord, saying; The Lord be betweene me and thee, and betweene my seede and thy seede for euer. And hee arose, and departed: and Ionathan went into the citie.
2 Samuel 1:25> How are the mightie fallen in the midst of the battell! O Ionathan, thou wast slaine in thine high places.
2 Samuel 1:26> I am distressed for thee, my brother Ionathan, very pleasant hast thou beene vnto mee: thy loue to mee was wonderfull, passing the loue of women.
++++++++++
Dang fascinating. Do you have a link?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#3228 Feb 3, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect eh? Never heard of yin and yang? Good and bad? Right and wrong? Evil and good? Heaven or hell? Those are all commutative relationships in theism that are human concepts of the theory of opposites concerning the moral values of humans.
I stand correct. One can think there is a heaven of goodness and no hell. But one has to ignore the existing opposite evidence of goodness to believe only heaven exists.
That is the manicheist and zoroastrian heresies, and fallacious argumentation.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#3229 Feb 3, 2013
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! What all this is and from where it came and how it came to be is completely incomprehensible for the human brain. Any belief system is just a concept. I have ideas that make me feel comfortable but I also understand... well, I'm probably wrong.
Who knows, maybe I got it right.
I'll just have to wait and see or maybe I'll never know. It's just not something to worry to much about as it it impossible to understand. Best thing to do is be a good neighbor and hurt no one for my gain.
Hey the pre-scientific people who contributed to what is in the Bible wrote some fun stuff. It doesn't represent reality though.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#3230 Feb 3, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>Its no suprise that 'no surprise' didnt suprise us with any intelligence.. she wouldnt have known that if her azz was on fire. She's just your run of the mill fundie with a low IQ, clingin to every bull utterance the preacher spews.
Actually No surprise is a gay man in denial. Tried living the straight life, is now divorced, and still thinks he can be straight if he prays hard enough and just puts his mind to it. He was LDS(Mormon) for a short time, but was kicked out after only 3 months. But still believes in it 100%. As a member he turned in another LDS youth for being gay. He thinks he did him a favor. He also thinks that groups that give love and support are the real reason LDS teens commit suicide, not the bullies and the parents that treat them like they are freaks. He thinks 14 yr old boys don't know enough about their sexuality at that age to be really gay, but a 14 yr old girl is mature enough to know she is ready marry a 30 yr old something plus man.

He is totally messed up.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#3231 Feb 3, 2013
What is it with your twisted obsession with gays? Got some secret homosexual fantasies you're too ashamed to talk about?

“It's all in your head”

Del Valle, TX

#3232 Feb 3, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey the pre-scientific people who contributed to what is in the Bible wrote some fun stuff. It doesn't represent reality though.
Yes, a noble attempt to find meaning and security in a confusing world. A long time ago!!!!!! The world was flat back then and the sun actually rose and set.

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#3233 Feb 3, 2013
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that's an explanation. Possible I guess.
Lililth, when you coming to Bastrop, Tx? I'll cook you a great meal and we could talk!
I don't know i was in dallas years ago... sorry so slow to answer was playing electric guitar
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#3234 Feb 3, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
David and Jonathan were close friends......none of verses indicate anything other than a close friendship, one that was like brothers. Apparently you people lack even the very basic kindergarten reading skills.
You people give yourselves away when you try to make outrageous lies against the Word of God. What kind of sick, twisted, demented, vile, filthy minded pervert makes up lies about the Word of the living God?
Sorry if the homosexuals and other fornicators don't understand that everything's not about having sex and lusting after one another and committing perverted sex acts. People can be friends without sexing each other.
----------
Should I start linking to all the homosexual bathroom stall arrests and public park arrests???? What kind of sick person meets strangers in a filthy bathroom stall to have sex relations? What kind of sick person meets strangers at public parks to have sex acts, where families and other outdoors-people just want to enjoy nature. That's the real homosexuality.......strangers meeting multiple sex partners and swapping STDs and AIDs/HIV.
Well sugar
You're just out of sync with GOD
most fundies are; po'thangs
Perhaps you're just not Christian enough to comprehend the Authorized King James Bible; and for good reason:
http://etb-history-theology.blogspot.com/2012...

“It's all in your head”

Del Valle, TX

#3235 Feb 3, 2013
Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know i was in dallas years ago... sorry so slow to answer was playing electric guitar
Cool! Jimi Hendrix or Stevie Ray?
Please don't say Barry Manilow.

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#3236 Feb 3, 2013
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool! Jimi Hendrix or Stevie Ray?
Please don't say Barry Manilow.
lol... more like motley crue
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#3240 Feb 4, 2013
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>No, you would rather believe that your ancestor was a Jurassic rat and that there are over one million black holes in our galaxy but we can't locate even one. You wish to believe that we evolved from other species, but all the transition species did not survive. Try science, because your talk is nonscience.
I think YOU should try science. Of course we can locate black holes, what are you, stupid?...and your understanding of evolution is wack.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#3241 Feb 4, 2013
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit lying bitc.h, you were servicing your pet donkey, or should I say, he was servicing you. LMFAO
WHY is your mom on that truck headed for the slaughterhouse? I LOVE bacon!

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#3245 Feb 4, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
"But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters." 1 Peter 4:15
ta-da!

busybody equivalent to murderer.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#3246 Feb 4, 2013
For Sure wrote:
<quoted text>
ASSTROLL, that's a good one. That dude was very rude to me earlier as was that other a.sshoie Tony C. No wonder no one likes them.
You have an odd way of looking at things. I wasn't rude to you at all. You came in here addressing us as "any of you queers." If you didn't realize it, THAT is rude. I told you I was happy to answer your question after you addressed us respectfully. Don't get it twisted.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3247 Feb 4, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Only stupid people think that. The rest of us know better.
Groups can try to get legal marriage right now. Why wait for gay marriage?
Why isn't there legalized polygamy in Massachusetts or Canada?
Because you're full of it.
The reason these things have not happened yet is because most people know what a marriage is only: ONE MAN AND ONE WOMAN.
Change the definition and you can have group marriages, brothers and sisters marrying and any other kind of configuration. Polygamists know that they will seek to legalize their "marriages" on the same grounds you want to.
Once same sex "marriage" is legal we should expect the above.

“SCOTUS will Rule in June for”

Since: Aug 08

MARRIAGE EQUALITY:-)

#3248 Feb 4, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason these things have not happened yet is because most people know what a marriage is only: ONE MAN AND ONE WOMAN.
Change the definition and you can have group marriages, brothers and sisters marrying and any other kind of configuration. Polygamists know that they will seek to legalize their "marriages" on the same grounds you want to.
Once same sex "marriage" is legal we should expect the above.
Sorry, but if polygamist want to have the legal right to marry they can do so at any time......and if the truth be known.......multiple women were allowed in biblical times!!!

Again, NONE of these supposed other groups NEED to wait until Marriage Equality happens for Same-Sex Couples.......they can fight for their right now......and the whole brother wanting to marry sister or mother or other family member is just a red herring!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 26 min Rainbow Kid 1,559
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Seymore 51,859
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 1 hr Brian_G 1,897
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 2 hr tongangodz 1,580
News Groups Want Faith Exemption On Same-Sex Marriag... (Apr '09) 3 hr Real Talk 7,570
News Indiana lawmakers send religious objection bill... 4 hr Chicopee 54
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 5 hr Douglas 30,812
More from around the web